Chapter 5 -Surprise

Rekindled Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JANG JUNU

I heard a crashing sound the first thing in the morning. I hesitantly woke up and saw that I had just threw my alarm clock at my wall. Great, I need a new one.

I unwillingly got up and grabbed my phone. It was 10 am and my phone is already reminding me to get up because I still need to prepare for a schedule at 2pm. My phone started ringing, making me jolt up in surprise. When I got my phone it was Appa.

"Yeoboseo? Appa, wae?" I answered.

"Yah, Jang Junu, your mom and I are going to visit Tablo Samchon's place. Haru just got back from England."

With the mention of the name "Haru", my mind immediately remembered the face of the woman I saw yesterday at Kyujong's office. I shook my head and got rid of the memory, knowing that Appa was talking about Tablo Samchon's daughter, Haru. I haven't seen Haru ever since she left for England, back when she was just 10 years old, and I was 15. The Haru I know and was very close with was boyish and always wore her hair short. Very different from the Haru I'm going to work with, who seems all girly and priss. 

"Haru? Lee Haru?" I asked.

"Who else do you know is named Haru?" Appa said.

"The model?" I answered.

"Yah, didn't I say, Tablo Samchon's place? Why would the model, Haru be there! Pabo-ya!" Appa exclaimed.

"Ah. Majda. Chakaman, how long has it been since you last saw Tablo Samchon's family?" I asked.

"I've seen them plenty of times since we got back from America. Along with Hwi-Jae, and Sunghoon. I haven't seen Haru since she was 10 though." Appa said.

"Jinja? I haven't seen them for so long though, even Tablo Samchon and Hyejung Imo."

"That's because all you do is work! Anyway, do you want to come?" 

"Aniyo. I have a schedule today."

"Oh, arasseo."

"Ne, Appa. Jalga (Take Care)"

"Ne." And with that. Appa hung up.

 

Just as I finished taking a shower, my phone started beeping, signaling a text message. 

Junu-ya. Schedule was cancelled. You have the day free -Manager

Usually, celebrities like it if they have a free day, but I don't. Since I have nothing to do today, it would've been better to have a schedule.

"Aish. Jinja!" I said to myself.

I guess I can come with Appa and Umma to Tablo Samchon's place.

I called Junseo's number to make him tag along as well.

"Junseo-ya. Eodie ga?" I asked.

"Training. Yah, you're bothering me. What is it?" He answered.

"Appa said we need to go with him and Umma to Tablo Samchon's place."

"Wae?"

"Haru got back from England. Today's the only day I can see her and I haven't seen her since she was 10."

"Arasseo. I'll be at your place in 10 minutes." He said then hung up.

 

Junseo came after 10 minutes and we were on our way to Tablo Samchon's place.

"Yah, do you know where Tablo Samchon lives now?" I asked him.

"Last time I heard he was still at their old place when were kids, but I'm not sure. Let's call Appa." He said.

"Hajima!" I exclaimed.

"Wae? I thought he told us to come?" 

"He didn't. I told him I can't go because I had a schedule but it was cancelled. I didn't have anything to do today so I decided to call you to accompany me there. I wanted to surprise Appa and Tablo Samchon." I said.

"Hyung! Jinja! I was training for a game next week! Aish." Junseo exclaimed.

"Aish. It's okay! Are you not curious to how Haru looks like now? I mean after years and years of not seeing each other." I said.

"I bet she still looks the same. Same boyish haircut and same addiction with fish." Junseo snickered.

"Yah, you're just bitter because you liked Haru when we were ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter