My Devil Boyfriend

My Devil Boyfriend

 

Chapter 16

“Haerin-ah, where did you go?” Kevin asked, trying to keep his cool.

“Just went outside to get some fresh air.” Haerin said, and walk past through Kevin, who’s waiting there for almost an hour.

“I… I…Haerin-“

“Going to ______?” Haerin cut in, and gave Kevin a fearful glare, and turned away.

“I-“

“Need to talk to her.” She finished, still not looking at Kevin. “Do you think I-“

“Please, Haerin –ah!!” Kevin pleaded and hugged her from her back. “I’m not going to leave you, I promise.”

Haerin lowered her head and said. “You’re still not changing oppa,” And she smiled. “let me finish first my sentence!” she beamed and turned to face Kevin. “Of course you can!”

Kevin’s eyes widened. “Jinja?!” he exclaimed.

“Oh, and you don’t like it?” Haerin said, narrowing her eyes. “Well, just stay here with me.” she started to walk away but Kevin grab hold of her hand and pulled her into a much tighter hug.

“Kamsahamnida, Haerin-ah!” and kissed her goodbye at her forehead. “I’ll go home as soon as we finish our conversation!” after a blink, he disappeared.

“Babo Kevin.” Haerin said.

“I bet you didn’t change also.” A familiar voice said from her back.

“What brings you here?” she said, not re-calling the owner of the voice and immediately glared at it as she tuned. Her jaw dropped when she saw Dongho standing only a few steps from her.

“Dongho-oppa.” She said, she bit her lower lip, trying to fight back her tears.

Dongho opened his arm, inviting Haerin into a hug. Which Haerin didn’t reject and run for the hug, she was longing for hundred years.

“I’ve been searching for you for a long time.” Dongho started. “I’m glad you’re back.”

“Mianhae.” Haerin said.

“Wae?” Dongho asked and pulled off to look at Haerin, which quickly looked away. “Do you know anything?”

Haerin tried to pull away more so there would be much farther distance between them and Dongho, but Dongho just hold her tight and pulled her much closer.

“What is it?” Dongho again asked, in a much higher tone which scared Haerin.

“I can’t…” she started but immediately trailed off.

Dongho’s eyes showed curiosity with worriedness. And loosened his grip on Haerin’s arms.

“You can’t what?” he asked.

“I…” hot tears started to fall from her eyes. Which shine from the color of lavender to bloody scarlet, “I must not feel this.”

“Feel what?”

“You can’t understand me!!” she exclaimed and stepped back.

“I will!!” Dongho said. “I’ll try!! Just for you. Please, say it to me.”

“I am forbidden to love anyone.”

Dongho’s expression softened and stepped closer to her. “And Kevin? Is he an exception?”

“I can’t love him either.” She said. “I mustn’t feel anything about everything.”

“Why?” Dongho’s mind is racing, he can’t pull out the right words to say. He can’t make up the perfect ‘why’ question to everything Haerin is saying.

“______-ah, she’s going to forget you all. Including Kevin-oppa, she’s going to disappear.” Haerin said, collecting back her emotions.

That caught Dongho’s bearings. “What disappear?” he asked.

“I can’t say more.” She said and turned away. “I’m leaving. Please, don’t look for me anymore. I enjoy being with you for a short time.” And she left.

Kevin and ______ met at the park. (Oh, well, that’s so stupid if they just met there without any communication. Let’s just say its coincidence that they found each other there.)

After many awkward minutes, Kevin started to talk.

“______-ah, let’s end this.” He said and looked at the ground. “I can’t let you hurt Haerin again. I can’t believe you hate her. I’m going to hate you the way you hate her.” He said and glared at her.

“Neh, I think this is for the best.” ______ agreed, which startled Kevin. “I’m leaving.”

“Where are you going?” Kevin asked urgently, his expression softened.

“To a place where I won’t be able to hurt anyone.” She said, her voice cracking as if she wanted to cry.

Kevin held her hand and said, “Mianhae, I don’t want this relationship to end like this.” He managed. “Please, don’t forget that…” he trailed off. “that I love you, and that will never change.”

______ stared at him, surprised.

“Promise me you’ll come back to me.” Kevin said.

Tears started to fell at ______’s cheeks and she started to sob. She looked away but Kevin held her face to face him.

“Saranghae.” Kevin said and kissed ______.

Kevin pulled back and said, “Annyeong.” And he disappeared.

“Annyeong.” She replied, and disappeared also.

“Dongho-ya!” Kiseop called. “Where’s Haerin?” he asked, sweat trickled at his face.

“She just left, why?” he asked suspiciously.

Kiseop’s eyes widened and punched the wall. “I’m late.”

“Late? For what?”

Kiseop looked at Dongho, as if he’s a poor guy who’s really stupid. “Is something weird about Haerin?”

“Yes, and so?”

“You’re hopeless!!” Kiseop exclaimed.

“What? Why are you asking stupid questions so sudden?”

“Your twin, ______, she’s going to serve omoni.”

“Omoni?” Dongho repeated.

“Our mother you idiot.”

“Wait! You said our mother?” Dongho said dramatically, “O-U-R?”

“Yes, can you please stop asking much stupid question!” Kiseop yelled at him. “Omoni will erase all of ______’s memories. At the same time, Haerin…” he trailed off. “Haerin will be a complete part of Kevin.”

Dongho stood in silence, trying to let it all sink it at once.

“That’s the reason why Haerin mustn’t feel any emotions. She can’t let Kevin know her true feelings. That’s what she thinks.” Kiseop explained.

“How did you know all of this?”

“Haerin told me.”

Dongho’s hands rolled into fists.

“She can feel everything Kevin feels, even a little wound, everything. But Kevin doesn’t feel anything when Haerin is hurt.”

“Does that mean she can feel Kevin’s feeling for ______?” Dongho asked, his eyed full of worries.

“Definitely.”