You, Him and Me

I'm into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

"Hey Dara, earth to Dara!" He waved a hand in front of my face, I looked at Il woo and felt the creeping blush of embarrasment of getting caught spacing out.

 

picture credit to owner

 

 

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I placed my hands in front of my face in a pleading manner. He placed a hand on top of mine and lowered them as he chuckled.

 

"I must be boring you to death..." I quickly began doing the "X" gesture as I shook my head for emphasis.

 

"No you're not, It's totally me. I was just ... there's just a lot going on with the comeback and stuff, I'm really sorry," He patted my head like I'm a kid when I'm his noona. "Yah, don't do that, I'm still older than you." He grinned as he moved back then placed an elbow on the table, rested his chin on his hand and looked at me.

 

picture credit to owner

 

 

"I was just kidding, I'm the one who should be sorry since we still continued this night when you should have been resting." he reached for my hand and I let him hold it in between us (out of anyones view.) Then for a few silent moment we just looked at each other.

 

 

"Are you still sure Dara?" he said softly.

 

 

Even without stating what it was about, I knew what he was asking.

 

 

 

We are friends, he even said I was the only female co-star he worked with that he was close to. He is a friend who gave me a lot of encouragement and advise when I debut as an idol - even if it was just text and a couple of phone calls every now and then. We were both surprised when we saw each other the night my father took me to meet the son of the Man he worked with - the son that I have to marry.

 

My father was very apologetic, he said to just meet and try. If I really can't stomach the guy he won't force me.

 

 

But I knew what that meant. Possible jail time for him, a very huge debt for the family-

Sanghyun and Durami might be forced to shoulder it too.

And I also love my Father even with everything that happened.

And as the eldest, I knew what needs to be done.

 

 

 

"Of course..." I smiled and squeezed his hand. 

 

"You don't have to lie to me... we're still friends. I know you won't agree with this if there is any other way." I looked down at our hands.

 

"I don't think it will be that bad, I mean... being married to you that is." i answered.

 

"Don't you want to marry someone you love?" he asked.

 

"We've talked about this..." I said as I let go of his hand and sat straighter. I don'twant to think of things to makes me change my mind since I knew in myself how close I am to getting there. The waiter arrived and placed down our order. Il woo look like he wanted to answer but with the waiter near, he waited. As soon as he's out of ear-shot.

 

"This is serious Dara, its a life together, its a union before god, before our families and friends..." he said while I started mixing the food in front of me.

 

 

"Are you trying to get out of this arrangement? Are you in love with someone?" I put my utensils down and watched him. 

 

 

He remained quiet for a few seconds as he looked at me.

 

 

"It seems like it's you who is unsure..." I said when he remained quiet. " There's someone else..."

 

"No... there's no one." he finally said.

 

"You don't have to lie to spare my feelings. If you're really in love with someone, I don't know how to help you." I said as I sat back on my chair.

 

 

 

 

"That's just it... I want you to think about this hard. I'm asking because I know this isn't really what you wanted." I was about to cut him but he shook his head and I let him continue.

 

 

 

"I don't really mind geting married to you Dara. I don't really feel forced about this arrangement. I'm asking you to think about this well... because I'm not in love with anyone else..." he reached for my hand that was on the table and this time, he didn't pull it out of sight, but it remained there, out on top of the table where anyone can see.

 

 

 

"I'm in love with you."

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter