Chapter 8 "I'm Sorry"

I'm an Heir

What I needed him to understand was that for a war you need two, and I wasn't up to the fight. So I came up with a plan, a childish one I ust say, but that seemed to worked in my mind; hopefully it will. I will shake his world and he would not know whathappened... or maybe he will.

First step: Who really are you?

I've been hurth many times before, and I feel sorry for him. I'm trying to understand, but with those harsh words and petty company, is hard to keep my respect towards him. I'm going to find out who he really is, my way. So in order to find out little by llittle about who he really is, I need to collect opinions from the people around him, and since they are not reliable, I'm back at the starting line. No! Wait! Doesn't Kim Tan and Eun Sang know about him? I trust them, and they will not be suspicious about anything. I weirdly want to know what happened to the guy I first meet out of the uniform store, kind and sociable.

When I went to my  first recese, I encountered Oppa Hyo Shin in the radio station.

"Oppa!" I screamed of excitment "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you" he said between laughs "I'm here as a tutor for some classes, it will help some of my missing grades in college"

"College? When did oyu even start?"

"A month a go, a bit after our encounter here"

"Oh, really? I'm glad to see you doing well"

"It's thanks to you" he said while looking at me straigh in the eyes. I'm sure my cheecks turned red, was he serious? I don't think so.

"Which classess are you tutoring?"

"International History II and Humanity and Laws"

"I'm already in International History" suddenly the bell rang.

"How are you doing with the wicked one?" I turned back at him after I started leaving the room.

"It hasn't been easy, never expected to be this tough"

"He is who he is, eventhough he is nicer that what he used to"

"Is he? Was he wrost than this? Is it even possible?"

"I wish it wasn't"

"Oppa, Was he always this way?" I needed to kill my incertainty.

"You mean a bully and arrogant idiot?"

"Yes" I heard a noise outside the studio, I saw the shoulder of a boy's uniform dissapering, pretty sure someone was spying on us.

"Before he was the king of hatred here, he shred the crown with Kim Tan along with..."

"Wait, what? was Kim Tan an idiotic bully like him?"

"I'm afraid worse, before he was sent over to America. After he returned and with the help of Eun Sang, he completly changed"

"Ommo, this is quite not what I thought"

"What were you expecting to hear?"

"Anything but this. Did something happened between them in order to hate each other this way?"

"There are rumors about what really happened. Some are that Kim Tan ran away without telling him. That Young Do fought with his parent because of him, many others too. His mother suddenly dissapeared, I think that is to blame "

"Is sad how a friendship can be terminated by the hands and works from others. Is hideous how pain can work this way in someones mind."

"Didn't you had class just now?"

"It's just Italian, I'm already good at it, so there is no need in attending" he kept giving me this warm and strange look. "What? Why are you looking me?"

"I own you... too much to be payed properly"

"You live, and I will smile" my heart felt like pounding profusly, it felt with a different kind of intensity. Oh no, Do I like him? The bell rang once again to announce the change of classes. "I think I'll have to go this time, I have advanced mathematics. Goodbye"

"Bye" he said softly.

I left quickly, but as I went to my next class my phone suddenly wrang.It was my personal number.

"Hello? Luther?"

"Steph, we have a situation in Shangai"

"What is it now?"

"I'm afraid they are thinking on going back on their word."

"Is just a month away until the contract is signed! Does my father know?"

"He's been notified"

"Good, but don't call him over, he must be bussy with the russians.  Send to my email the possible allegations and weaknesses they're pointing out. If is necessary, I'll go there tomorrow"

"In the midtime, we will be sketchng possible outcomes, consequences and exits to this problem"

"And please send me right away the reason on what the heck happened to make them change their minds, this is highly outrageous! Sorry, I have to go back to class"

"We''ll do our best, you too"

"Thanks Luther" I hang up the phone with dozens of possible reasons in why they will put holes were the ground seems perfect. They looked as the most secure contract that we were holding onto in Asia.

During the rest of the day, everyone was abnormally ignoring me. Usually, they will gossip and whisper as I went in the hallways, but now, just strange looks and no words. I was out, What's going on?

Then, from nowhere, a terrorific screamed broke the calmness.

"FOREIGNER!" it was Young Do, I'm pretty sure is him.

I stood up frozen in front of the library door, I was about to meet up with Eun Sang for studying. With a vexed face, he abruptly and strongly took me by my wrist and drag me out, close to the swiming pool. I looked at the wall behind me, written in an ambiguos and misspelled spanish, it said: "Corrupción en el Olympo,Zeus ha caido" (Corruption at the Olympus, Zeus has fallen). I inmediatly recognized that I was almost the only one here who could be somehow related to a spanish written likes this, the question was, does he knows exactly what it means? I supposed so by the look in his face.

"What is wrong with you?" I said loudly enough for my words to go through his anger.

"Who do you think you are to do something like this!"

"What makes you think it was me?"

"You hideous foreigner, you are no one to do something like this! Get out from here, GET OUT!"

"You don't own this place, you are no body to treat me this way. And you are mistaken, I did not wrote that, I wouldn't dare"

"Who else would it be, Hah? The only stinky mexicano here is you!"

"I had enough" while I tried to walked away, he turned me around abruptly enough for me to hit him accidently.

 

I looked his way, then my hands way, there was blood in both of us. My hand hurth way too much.

"I'm Sorry" I exclaimed.

"How dare she?"  "She dead as it is"  "She better quit school" lots of comments began.

"You awful dead witch" said he while pushing me to the pool. I tried to get out from it, but the kids woudln't let me, and instead, will push me back again.

 

 

 

It was horrible, my legs begun to cramp from the tireness. Without notice, I felt a couple of hands dragging me out. It was Kim Tan and Hyo Shin.

"Are you ok?" they said unison over and over again.

"They wouldn't let us help you"

"I'm alright" I barly said, Hyo Shin took my hand.

"It might be broken" he said from the purpleness of its looks "Lets go to the nursery"

While they took me there I though, frame by frame in what happened, who will played on me, not me, us, such a disgusting prank?

The doctor examined me.

"You might as well go to the hospital to chek on your wrist, it might be either broken or twisted. Lets hope the second one" The nurse entered.

"Her guardiang is coming soon"

Luther came for me, but I agreed to leave in Hyo Shin's car in a separate car in order to not be suspicious.

When I was ready to go to the hospital after such a weird day, I encountered Young Do once again. After how he humilated me in front of everyone I should had naturally run away,or cursed at him, instead I looked back at him and whispered softly "I'm Sorry for not had been in your past to protect you"

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)