Chapter 20 "She Was Mine"

I'm an Heir

Out of the blue, she entered with a gun. Where did she got that? She looks strong, not what I witnessed months ago. She looked at me straight in the eyes a couple of times before I realized she was warning me. She shot the criminal who had me hostge, while he felt to the ground in pain, she shot the second one. This time I tried to warned her of the criminals behind her, but she was concentrated on helping us to get out from there. At the sight of her being outnumbered, I putted my black belt to good use and knocked out a couple of them.
In the corner of my eye I could see a new side of her, fearless, radiant. Never expected this from a sweet girl, not a girl, now a women. What happened? What did really happened in the past two months? She must be hidding something.
While staring at this power light, I got caught up off guard and inmovilazed. I saw fear and desperation in her eyes "Please dont do anything stupid" I thought. She came running my way lashing against my captivator when I heard my name being shout   out.     
We turned our heads, she placed herself between the coming bullet and me.
WHY?
         Why?
                       Why?
She felt to the ground and I ran to catch her.
-Please dont leave- I begged, there was no life. Please...
                           Please...
                                  Please dont leave.

Then I cried, nothing could stop it, didnt want to.
- An ambulance is already here- said Eun sang behind me while putting her sweater over her wound and tried to
stop the bleeding. Chan Eung came next to us as well:
- I feel her vitals, she'll be ok-
- I'll guide the emergency team here-
said Boo Na out of the blue and begun to ran.
Eun sang kept on pressi g, Chae Young checking her vitals, me... I kept praying she'll make it.
-She's here!- we heard Boo Na screaming in the distance.-Room 307! She's there!- she was leading the way of the paramedics, police man and... man in suits?

-Who are you?- I said while a man in a suit stoped me from entering the ambulance.
-Mr. Young Do, my name is Luther and I'm from the North America  embassy-
-How do you know my name? What are you doing here?-
-We know everything about Miss Stephanie's studies here, since she is citizen of our country, it is a duty of us to keep track of her-
-Where are her parents?-
-Sadly she's alone right now, thats why we are here-
-will she be taken back?-
-After this, thats up to her. I have to go now, good bye Sir-

-Wait!-
Eun Sang said from  behind -which hospital are they taking her?-
-Seoul National University Hospital-

-Can we go?-
-It will be of great help if you bring along her belogins from the locker: identification, passport, wallet-
-yes, I will. She must need them to be admitted-
-Yes Miss-

Before the conversation was over, I was already on my bike on my way to the hospital.
We waitted for hours. They were eternal. Flashback to the disastrous seconds, I couldnt stop remembering
how she sacrifice her wellbeing wihout hesitation, also, how much I showed my weak side. Instead of protecting her, I was the one being protected; as a man, I couldn't feel more heart broken;for some seconds the rules were reversed, and she played hers well. As a man, I couldnt keep my destiny of protecting the women I think I like... no... not like, I begin to understand now the explanation of my sudden need to see her, to know her whereabouts;its not interest, is love. With Eun Sang was different, an urge, a need; with Soo Ra I feel weigthless, with a sens3 of purpose. She awoke in me a responsability towards life.


The doctors came through the surgery's doors, at least 10 people in the waiting room area arose from their seats.
-Family members from Miss Stephanie?- we all looked at eaxh other, the men with the suit, Luther,
spoke:
-Im her legal guardiab, How is Soo Ra?
-Is that her korean name?-
-Yes Sir-
- Her condition is stable. The bullet was extracted and harmed no organ-
- A great realive, may I ask why the surgery took soo long?
-Did she performed any physical demanding acitvity the past few months?-
Luther looked back at us suspiciously.
- what I'm aware of is her working time during  school break-
-her body was exausted  enough to almost break down her pulse during surgery. Please maje sure she rests enough for at least a month. Its a medical order-

-Yes sir-
-Until she's stabilize, I suggest her internship at least two weeks minimun from today-
-Thank you very much Doctor-

We were nervous at the doctors words (understood most of them); exausted to almost break down during surgery?
Three days had passed and she hasnt woke up yet. I'm in part glad shes able to rest, but I'm also worried that the longer she takes the worse itll be. I sneaked in her room again. Each night I came by behind the nurses back, to talk to her a little bit so she wont forget me if thw worse happened. She was pacefully sleeping with an oxygen mask. "Get well soon, the world needs your smile" I thought. Suddenly, she began to shake. Whilr I called the nurses, she woke up with a hard gasp.
-I'm here, I'm here- I said trying to calm her down - Its me, Young Do -  when she heard my name, she calmed down a little while not letting my hand go. She didn't let it go even when the nurses came in to assist her, as it was I felt sleep besides her.

As I woke up, I saw Soo Ra staring at me.

-What?- I said.

-Are you taking attributions I have not given you?-

-You were the one who wouldn't let go of my hand last night-

-And you are the one who wont let go now-

 

We both looked at our linked hands and set them free instantly.

-Wait  a second... you are awake! Are you alright? Do you feel better?- I certainly couldn't hide my excitement.

 

-I feel better now- slowly, I tear dropped off my eye, she catched it sweetly with one hand- I will do it again if I have to- her warmth despite being ill was comforting. She took my hand once again -I am fine and I'll be fine. Please stop worrying-

-I shouldn't... I...- no words could cme out from my mouth, I was too ashamed to even talk.

-Shh, its ok- she said while soothing me.

-I'm sorry- I said while I played with her fingers to distrct me from embarressement.

Then we gazed at each other, knowing plently that she was mine, and I was hers.

 

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!