Chapter 1 "Ready Or Not"

I'm an Heir

(Please let me know if the chapters are too long)

I wasn't ready for the weight of the crown I had to bear; no one warned me about the consequences of having money and power.
Now, another country, another school, another company to invest, another group of fake friends. But this time will be different, I wanted to turn the tables in my favor. No one will know who I really was and which company I was representing, other than security reasons, my face will be a mystery to many.
 
Now, Seoul, South Korea. For the past 3 years my Father has put more than necessary trust in me when it comes to invest in companies; despite my age, my aproval will have more weight over any other's in our company. It is this sixth sent I have when it comes to business, it has worked so far so I will continue to relay on it, also I've had tutorings in bussines and administration, so I'm not a fish outside my pond. Although, I have to thank my Mom for my special "gift", it was her who thought me to be wise, prudent and cautios without forgetting to be respectful to others, to trust no one until they prove otherwise.
Also, my Father cannot travel for every meeting and appointments around the world even if he wants to, that is why he sends me, letting everyone know, where ever I'm going, that I am in charge.
 
We miss each other like hell, but we've learned to love and trust each other despite the distance as equally strong sd when we have each other face to face.
We haven't been like this always, I know from first hand what it is to live day by day dreaming with food because it was the only way to distracted me, my parents will literally take food out of their mouths to give me some energy, I trust them in every sense of the word.
 
I now not live more than 6 months anywere, because there is always another country that catches our attention, we do not longer need to search for jobs, now we can invest where ever we want and the amount we think necessary.
 
Yes, we are quite rich.
 
Eventhough it doesn't seems like, I am a normal teenager, as normal as I can be. There is always a language either I have or I want to learn; my korean is not perfect but I'm doing my best.
 
My schedule for today is a private meeting with Director Won from Jeguk Group in representation of his Father the Chairman and his younger brother. I had planned a meeting with the Vice President of Zeus Hotel, but it needed to be moved to tomorrow due an un expected urgent meeting they had. They felt incredibly sorry and I don't mind postponing, I want tostart with the right foot and not in a rush.
 
Many of our directors agreed in starting negotiations with Jeguk Group, but not so many when we proposed Zeus Hotel and Resorts as a posibility; the reason? They have been recently involved in some taxes fraude. For my Father and I was a great opportunity to put some effort into saving a company, giving them a second chance to start clean, a chance we were never gave before. We love their hotels and resorts around the world, this is another reason why we decided to step in and prevent them from losing their reputation, we are full aware that if the world knows that we will or are investing in them, it is because they are again trustworthy.
 
That is a golden point for us, we have always done and will always be transparent and honest in every single transaction and agreement that is made. We have a zero tolerance polacy of corruption, if you are caught, you are out, if you do bussines with us, we cancel all contracts. If my father or I were ever caught, then both of us will be out as well, and the entire company will have new owners; that's how important honesty is for us. But it has also created a few enemies, that is why we have a tight security team.
 
We don't greed to have more money, we seek for development and growth everywere and for anyone who is worthy.
 
 
 
 
Looking outside of the airplane's window is a favorite moment. The feeling of being nowhere and many places at the same time. The pilot was about to lend in Seoul, and watching those frist glances of the city were breath taking seconds. I don't rely in others word when it comes to experiencing a new culture, I greed to live it myself.
 
"I'm ready" I repeated over and ver during the trip. I was particulary nervous this time around because it was my first time traveling and living in an Asian country. For me, they have a particulary and intimidating lifestyle. In Korea specially, there is a long lasting respect for the elders, which you can only speak formally. When you do not know the person, speak formally; when you know the person, informally; but if you know the person, is a friend plus is older than you, speak formally. Well, formal speaking mode: ON!.
 
-Landing procedure starts now. Please take a seat and bucled on the sipbelts- said the Pilot through the speakers.
 
-Miss?- a voice next to me said, Luther, my secretary and yes, he is a dude -Would you like to go over the agenda while we land?-
 
-Yes, I have a question, When do we exactly have an aswer from Zeus to meet tomorrow?-
 
-They must respond in a couple of hours-
 
-How many places do we have, to visit today, before deciding where will we live?-
 
-We'd narrow them down to five places-
 
-All with my requirements?-
 
-Yes off course- it is the only thing I'm particulary meticulously about, I want my people close.
 
-What about school?- I thought on waiting somedays before starting.
 
-The schools are also narrow down to 3-
 
-Good. Wait until we know which one  I'll attend before we take a place, for now and Hotel will be fine-
 
-As you wish-
 
-And please tell the main offices to send the weekly reports in a page summary, I'm still a student!- I laughed saying.
 
-Yes. And Miss?-
 
-Yes Luther?-
 
-Welcome to Seoul-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)