Chapter 19 "Black Hole"

I'm an Heir

(WARNING! This chapter has a picture with gun on it, be careful if you're a minor and sensitive!)

 

He was becoming a strange comfort, more thna helping him, I felt as the one being helped. Attachement was not allowed since I din't want a broken heart. I made a promise to never fall in love. Since my bigest responsability was to take care of my heritage, I wouldn't spend more than 6 months in the same country. Every year was a new beggining, a new place to discover, a new language to learn and new people to meet; but with every new year also comes disapointment, regret, loneliness.

As I entered the U. S military base, I remembered Young Do's unique request to allow him to write me. He somehow wanted to make sure I was ok after the embarassing, yet cmforting moment at the funeral. I gave him a fake adress were everything will be arrange for me to receive the letters, in return, he wouldn't even think to pay a visit.

I kew that physically and mentally, they will be the hardest two months I'll ever experience. They gave me an uniform; I was told that since I wasn't a North American citizen, I was allowed to use the blue beret from the United Nations' army. This time around, my security team thoguth that I'll be a good idea to learn how to use guns and other weapons, It'll be intense.

 

One night, I was looking at the sunset outside my dorm, it was a free night. My bod was on pain fire, but I already felt strong. That was when somebody came to me with an envelope.

-You have correspondence-

-Thank You- I answered while receiving it. While opening it, I perceived a small box with a tag on it:"Agate: Luck rock found in the Indian mountains". I was mesmerized by the profound dark, shiny blue gorgeous small rock. There were two initials written in romainc letters:"Y.D"I smiled happiy, and with me it stayed for the rest of the training.

It's been 1 month an three weeks, I was told that my development and progress was outstanding, time worth of a year as a cadet. I was motivated: my father's well being in first place and mine in second. But a different source of motivation came after recieving the necklace, a long with each small letter Yooung Do sent me: I had a nightmare several times, with an awkward sensation that came along, he was in danger, One of the hardest nightmares was when he died shot in my arms, I woke up crying.

-It was an honor to train here Sir- I said during a small cereoony the superiors thoguth on doing for me. I knew there was some "extra" interest, eventhough, I felt the sincerity, I'd earn it.

-Are you sure you don't want to be a soldier? You have excellent aptitudes- said Coronel Smith, in charge of the base.

- I wish I coulld, and if I ever can, I'll definetly come back-

-You are indeed worthy of the uniform soldier, and I don't think the same way of each enlisted citizen-

-My pleasure to had the chance of choosing this base, I'll come again if faith allows it and for further training if I may-

-Anytime- while I turn away to the car Luther was waiting me on, I heard what he added behind my back -We've lost a great sniper-

I laughed. My shooting when I started, now, I can be proud of saying I almost have the same amount of points as my Captain in training. I have potential, must be mother's family genes kicking in.

When I went back to school, there was a small welcoming cometee: Eun Sang and Kim Tan, as kind as always, were waiting for me with a small cake. (Inside joke, the cake said: Congratulations on the discharge!)

 We talked about my experience in the base, the latest new from school and how much my legs were hurting in that moment. After it, when I went to my locker and open it, there was a small stack of cards held together with a ribbon: the "100" days cards I left in Young Do's locker every day. almost since we met. I was suprised; each one of them had a note besides the message, each of them describing when the challenge was accomplished. They were all related... to me?:

"Day 1: Make someone smile.

I made her cry, amazingly, kimchi made her smile, and I was there"

"Day 15: Make a kind gesture.

I opened the door for her"

So that was why he did it,  wonder why he'll do it out of the blue. I shoud have noticed, I never knew.

"Day 27: Take a picture of what inspired you the most"

Attached, there was a picture of the kids from the orphanage.

"Day 38: To be of comfort.

I'd follow her for some days now. Today, I saw her outside of a funeral, she cried on my shoulders 

and I felt useful for the first time in years"

Out of no where, I heard some gun shoots. I threw myself to the floor with holding the cards, I called Luther:

-There's a shooting at the school-

-Police is already on their way. Please hide-

-Hide? How could I? What if somebody gets...- I heard voices coming my way. I hide in a corner, they passed by me, I heard:

-Where is he?-

-Records said he was in third floor, room 307-

-That bastard, he'll pay what his father couldn't for trickster-

-Where are you Choi Young Do...-

I putted both my hands over my mouth. In a split of a second, everything I learned came back to me: first, find him. I ran towards the mergency stairs to the thirds floor. I heard screams and saw students running. They were only here to harm him, aren't they?. As I went inside room 307, I saw Young Do hidding behind a desk, frigtten.

-What in the world...- he said, surprise to see me.

-They are here for you. We need to get out...- my phne wrang in the worst moment -They might discover us - I said, whispering in english -where are the ammunitions? I know what they want, is Young Do-

While I held my small conversation, Young Do looked at me confused. I didn't care, taking him out of here was my number one priority. Luther told me where the securitiies guards kept their guns, so we headed that way, but first, we were stopped by the criminals.

-There you are- one of them said. I instictively putted myself in front of Young Do, he grabbed my hand and did the same -Both of you! COME HERE!- said while pointing with a gun towards a classroom. We obediently did so. Inside, there was Rachel, Eun Sang, Boo Na and Chan Young, among others, mst of the girls are crying.

I thought of a plan, if everything went the way I thought, they'll be free and ok in no time.

-What do you want?- screamed Young Do impatiently.

-YOU!- they answered back.

-What do you want from me?-

-We want you dead- we all went ice cold -But first, we'll get some money off from them- said pointing to the rest of the girls. They probably already knew who they were and wanted a reward off from their rich parents.

-Will you do me a favor?- I whispered Young Do. He nodded afirming -Create a distraction, but be careful-

-Why?-

-I have a plan-

-What plan? Are you insane?-

-I am, we need  to get you and them out of here quickly-

-We should wait for the police-

-I won't taake risks- I said while standing up -Please take care of everyone here, I'm sorry- I said while going next to the door. Young Do punched Chang Young, while the criminals threatened them to split, I got out.

I ran... ran... and ran until I reached the guards main office. They were tied up by arms and legs. I broke them free while I realized the situation was worse. There were at least 10 more criminals being caught up in CCTV in this office's cameras, police couldn't get in to save us. I show them my credential that allowed me to take a gun, so I did.

I carefully ran back to the classroom, while I looked through the window, Young Do was being pointed by a gun in his head. My heart trembled, when he saw me I showed him the gun. "Calm down, remember, the gun is an extension of your arm, use it wisely" I repited myself a couple of times before knocking the door. As they opened it, believing perhaps that was one of their allies, I pointed the gun towards the criminal holding Young Do.

-Drop the weapons!- I demanded, they laughed.

-Who are you girl? This aint a videogame you can be part of- I carefuly shot the wall behind him, the bullet pass by his ear close enough to scare him.

-I aint playing, I said drop the weapons or the next time I shoot, I wont miss your head- everyone, including the criminals were dumbfounded by my words and actions.

-We are not going anywere- in less the a second, I signed Young Do to break free after I shoot the first criminal hand. Quickly, I shot the leg of the second one and took their weapons.

-GET OUT!- I yelled everyone inside the classroom. They were not moving, I turned around and there was three more criminals behind me. I fake dropping my weapong when I ran towards them to fight them off, I was confident enough of my black belt in Karate-do. I tried shooting their extremities to make them stop, but more of them kept on coming. Young Do helped me by blacking out a couple of them, then, I witness one of my nightmares coming true.

A man was holding him by his throat, I wasn't loosing him.

I ran towards him, pushing the criminal aside, hearing a man shouting his name.

I turned around and saw the gun.

I didn't thought about it twice and protected him,

I held on to the necklace he gave me before I felt in a black hole, and woke up no more.

 

 

Hope you all liked the chapter! Please don't forget to post your comments and subscribe!

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)