Chapter 14 "What I Saw In Her Smile"

I'm an Heir

Ajhumma Kim convinced me to go to school that day, since she had no way of contacting me, she couldn't tell me that Kimchi Day was canceled sice she needed to make some paper work with the new baby. I dissapointly agree and went back home to get ready and attend the afternoon classes.

I could feel that my mood had already changed drasticly from a couple of days ago, when I was sent back to an horrific place. 

Some years ago, while I was living in germany I was abducted by retaliators of my family's work. My dad was putted in a harsh position, he either had to gave up our shares in one of our company's in Russia or pay 300 hundred million euros to them or I was killed. Those were the worst six days of my life, and it all begun with a black mask around my face that wouldn't allowed me to see and to breath properly. He didn't knew exactly how they knew who I was, since he saw it coming somehow, he wanted to prevent it, but it was too late to do so. After, he hide me away from any type of exposure; thankfuly the incident was hide away from the world too, he didn't wanted me to be known to the world, now, he thinks I'm old enough and prepare enough to be expose worldwide. 

As I stepped again in the school's floor, I felt a different type of motivation. I put into practice all my pshycologist told me during my mental treatment after the abduction, I was stronger now eventhough the bullying experiene was unexpected. 

My school uniform was being prepared still from the incident, I decided too soo for my adviser to go back to school. I wanted the distraction, I needed the distraction. For the first time in 4 years, I could be a "normal" teenager, as long as my father's impossed hiatus from work would last, from what I know, two weeks was the order.

I went in some casual clothing that day, so I looked even more different than I already was.

I went to japanesse class, there was Kim Tan, happy to see me again. We greeted each other until Young Do came in, I had already forgot he was supposed to attend this class. Kim Tan raised from the is chair. I putted my hand on his shoulder:

-It's ok- I exclaimed while looking at his expression -I don't mind him-

As the class progressed, I catched my self looking at Young Do while he was paying attention to the Teacher. Than, and interruption in form of a school's secretary appeared in front of the classes door.

-Excuse me?- she timidly said in japanesse. The teacher turned as confused as us, while alowing her with some hand gestures to keep on what she needed to do. -I'm sorry for the interruption, but student Shin Soo Ra is needed in the disciplinary comitte's office- my heart sunked suddenly. What could be wrong?

When I arrived into the office, I recognized a couple of faces, what strange me the most was seeing The principal there. They explained me about the discipline commite's sub - unit, the anti-bullying comitte that was secretly stablish to prevent nasty accidents to "leak out" from school's privacy. I was interrogated about the preview weeks incidents when Young Do crossed the door in company of a teacher's bodyguard intention. I looked at him confused, he seemed calm.

-The ocassion of this encounter is to resolve and clear out the inconvenient rumors that have been spreding around regarding Student Soo Ra's sudden abscence. We do not believe in rumors, so we proceded to interrogate some students regarding this. The only thing in common that we found was that of a form of retaliation towards Soo Ra in regards of Young Do's good name being wrongly used in an illegal graffiti in her native tongue - said the disciplinary director, everyone else listened, as witnesses of a murder - As previously warned to Young Do, he will be spelled of this school as our last resource. Because we saw no change in his behaviour, we determined this as the course of our actions -

-No!- I interrupted -You have no prove it was him-

-We sadly do student-

-I haven't made a complain, and I'm sure you don't want me to transfer from this school, and I wont. But don't spell him for other's doings. It's my fault to create misunderstandings or unreliability towards my classmates. I will work hard to improve-

-As the victim in this case, we can consider your claim, what is your suggestion?-

-Volunteer work? Some mandatory volunteer work in company of a police officer-

-Do you know a place?-

-I do, actually. There is an orphanage I'm working on, we could use his help-

-I believe its a good solution. We will make arrangements...-

-No, please let me contact the police first and explain the situation. They are very kind-

-So- the director said looking around the room while watching the approval nodding of everyone's head - This comitte decides your volunteer work, Student Choi Young Do, of six hours every week for a month. You will need to report your assistance card everyweek for tracking your progressed...- it surprised me to realized that Young Do hadn't said a word until now, he probably doesn't care.

As we head out, I reached Young Do. I calmed myself first.

-I'm sorry for mending you in this situation, please let me take care of it-

-Did I ask for your help?- he sourprise me saying.

-You didn't but I'll do it anyway. Do not worry about going to the orphanage, I'll make sure your card is mark everyweek, I'll hand it to you when you need it. Once again, I'm sorry- finally said while smiling. 

Somehow it felt reasuring to do something like this, eventhough he didn't exactly deserved it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As she walked down the hall, I looked at her back. Why are you doing this? Why are you so kind to me when the rest of the world doesn't want my existance? I thought about the possibility of she hearing my screams for help, she could read me better than anybody else, who exactly are you? For everybody else, I'm a rich and pretentious boy, who doesn't care about others. I'm not, but nobody seems to see it.

I took out from my pocket the card I found in my locker days ago: "Day 1. Make someone smile". I replayed her smile in my head multiple times, I couldn't take her out of my head since the moment I saw her. There was something in her smile I wanted to understand, why does it feel warm?.

I decided, I will make her smile.

 

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)