Chapter 10 "She Got Me Off Guard"

I'm an Heir

As soon as it was my time to leave from work, I hushed my way to the ladies restroom to change from my uniform. I got out rested and calmed, I managed to scape cleanly from him. But I felt a strong hand catching my wrist. I was wildly turned and I saw him intensivly staring at me.

-Young Do, are you ok?-

-What?-

-There must be something wrong for you to look for me-

-Are you insane? What are you doing here? Who gave you this work?-

-I got it from my own abilities. I passed my resume as anybody else- Lie.

-Lier- yes, lie. I let my wrist go from his hand hardly.

-Why else would I be here? Not for you if that's what you think- I started walking away from him. I remembered my bike was going to be delivered here, saved in the parking lot.

-You're fire!- he screamed at me.

-You're not my boss!- I replied. Pretty much running, I arrived were my bike was parked. Luther was waiting for me with the helmet - What are you doing here! - he looked at me consufed - He's coming! He's coming! -

- Who is? -

- The beast! Young Do!- I quickly putted the helmet, also protection, and left. I passed by Young Do while leaving by the main entrance. He didn't recognie me right?

I slowed down the speed in orde to enjoy the beauty I was riding. A black Super Ducati 1299 pangale. Perfect speed, perfect design, perfect stability. Sudenly, I felt someone following me. I looked bac and there he was: Young Do following me on his bike. I speed, he followed. I avoided, he manage to keep up. At this rate he will caught me when I run out of gas. Sorry Dad, but I need to break a few laws. So I took a sudden right turn when it was a redlight in the main intersection, thanks God there was no car coming that way. I managed to see the frustration in his body gesture. No more bike for work.

That night, I planned to go out with Eun Sang. We've become little by little, good friends, now, she wants me to meet her mother today. I can't wait to meet her. If Eun Sang is this direct, frank and outgoing, it will be an interesting experience to get to meet her mother. I know she signs to communicate and now I've learn a few words for her, its common courtesy to try so I believe. We planned to meet in a small cafe near her mothers job, and what a sourprise was when she told me she lived and work in the same house as Kim Tan, although now that I think about it, they are quite lucky. As I arrive at the cafe, I hold tight to the present I prepared for her mother. They were waiting for me outside.

 

-Hello- I signed.

-Hello- they both sign with a sourprised face.

-My share is Shin Soo Ra - they both laughed and I wondered why. Eun Sang read the expresion on my face.

-You said "share" instead of "name"- 

-Oh no-

-This is how you do it- she kindly repeated the sign, while her mother, Ms. Park Hee Nam started to sign to her to many words for me to catch up at least one.

-Sorry, what did she said?-

-She's wondering how did you learned those signs- I spelled internet. They both laughed again. 

-What happened? Did I spell it wrong?-

-No, is just that it notices when you learn it by yourself, specially internet, few mistakes-

-I'm sorry- I signed -I'll do my best next time-

-It's ok, should we go in?-

- Please do, is getting cold-

We three enter and I suddenly begun to feel more nervous than usual, like feeling a premonition, something interesting was going to happened, I could feel it in my guts. Oh dear, what is it now?. We sat next to the window, I begun to watch the pedestrians walk by.

-Mom wants to know a bit about you, would you mind?-

- Haven't you told her anything about me?-

-I didn't thought it was my place, other than new foreign student and some small details, nothing else for your security-

-How kind, well... were to start- I thought twice before answering, if Eun Sang knew and was trustworthy, there was no place to think differently about her mother -Does she know that no one can know this?-

-She's well aware of that. She may give you a good advice of what you should do about Young Do, she could read who you are well-

-Well, My Father and I lost my Mom when I was 5 years old. Couple of years later, he develop one of the most important companies in the world. Once in a while, I represent my Father on his behalf and when necessary, I live in the required country.- Her mother signed profusly something.

-She wants to know who you are-

-Excuse me?- I didn't understood what she was trying to say.

-Not who your parents are or were, but you- she was quite direct I must say, but I thank her for that. I looked into her eyes wondering about who I really was.

-I'm 18 with too much load on my shoulders for my age. I'm passionate and sincere, although breakable and weak-

-Thats it - Eun sang translated -You seem strong- she kept intepreting for Ms.Hee Nam - from what my duagther has told me, you are an exceptional girl, bright, lovable and sweet. You care more about others than yourself, which could be harmful if not careful.- I choked a bit from what she was saying. I closed my eyes tightly, what exactly is going on? I was hearing warm words, enough to break me down like this, why am I tearing up? It was too much to feel in the exact 10 minutes we have been seated, but it felt like ages and I was remarkably thankful, never felt this way before.

-No one has ever speak to me that way, Thank you for doing so- suddenly Eun Sang's mother begun to tear up -Are you alright?- I asked scared.

-She says she know what you went through, about loosing someone too young and having many responsabilities, like seeing herself in a mirror- 

After that interesting begining of a new relationship, everything else went smoothly, they even were comfortable enough to tell me about her daughter/sister situation, which went straight into my to do list, also I told them a little else about me, including the germany situation, just in case it was necessary. We felt like long time friends, in a korean way. I was deeply glad about this encounter, which I'll always remember.

In our goodbyes, Eun Sang's Mother hughed me, I could've sworn she whispered something to me, than I realized Mom had sent me an Angel.

 

We said our goodbyes... when I got home I cried even more, I had a true friend now and She got me off guard.

 

 

 

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)