Chapter 12 "The Girl With No Name"

I'm an Heir

 

I was sent back home after the nightmare I experienced hours before. No one dare to talk to me from the sensitivity of my being, I was about to break. Out of all the schools I've been in (which I must say, has been more than 10 all over the world) and all the happenings I had to experience, this one hurted too much.

I'm not exactly sure why this school felt dearest to me from the previous ones, I could complain, but words cannot describe the denigration experienced. I must be stronger than this, but, can't I just be weak for once? Can't I cry to my hearts content for once? 

 

 

Dad's calls kept on coming in, but I didn't feel the need to remind myself of what happened while explaining him. If he knew what has been going on and what happened in the previous schools, He would have certainly sue them til the point of forcing them to close, so I have to endure this. Mom, help me please.

I was giving some days off to heal my physical and emotional wounds, not exactly sure what three days can do with a broken heart, but I obendietly did so to shake my Dad's concerned in my mental health "I'll always have mom" I said to myself, "I'll always have her".

So I went into some exploring. I was sure that if I kept my mind busy with new knowledge, the pain will go away. So Tan and Eun Sang planned some turistic plans for me. Since I arrived to Seoul, I couldn't experienced a proper city sighting and cultural scanning. They took me to some wonderful places.

 

 

One of my favorites was the Gyeongbokgung Palace. In the midst of the busy city, there was a magnificent antique palace. Despite of its age, it couldn't be more well preserved. As I walked through some major halls and rooms, I could imagine how the life of the Emperors were, just too much on their minds. That helped me rethink and change my perspective of my current situation, my worries are nothing in comparison on what they had to suffered: Injustice, treason by the ones they loved, murder, lies, lies and more lies. As I stood in the garden, I sat and stoped, just letting the peace from the site to be inhaled by me.

-Where are going next?- I asked while going out of the palace.

-Well... I thought we could- they both said at the same time.

-Well?- I exclaimed.

-I thought of going to Dongdaemun Market, so you can have a look at our finest shopping malls- said Tan a bit presentuous.

-I thought of a market as well- interrupted Eun Sang saying -But a different kind. I'm sure you want to experience a more authentic place were average people enjoy buying things at. So I suggest Gwangjang Market-

-Oh, I heard of it. About the food and textiles-

-You can have your own traditional Hanbok made while eating some great food- she added.

-I'll go to both of them. Maybe to Dongdaemun Market tomorrow- I added, I'm interested in experiencing all types of Seoul: Traditional and Modern.

 

 

It was incredibly overwhelming the amount of people there was. The amount of people wasn't the problem of moving around, but Tan's face infront of the unknown. It seems he has not been here either. But my childish behaviour aroused and my curiosity exploded. I wanted to try each plate and visit each store there was, I wanted to buy multiple things to send Dad, so we could somehow, experience the same things together.

I went crazy, I'm sure of it and suddenly, as expected from a tourist, I got lost. Its hard to imagine if you talk about getting ride off 3 bodyguards in no time, well, I could grant the culpability of the attracting smell of Tteokbokki. I got the name right after being corrected about a dozen times from its pronutiation.

I heard a little girl cry. My instincts were inmediate, I run to help her, she wasn't that pleased at the sight of a foreigner, but soon gave up after no one else offered her help. 

 

 

-Are you Ok?- I asked softly.

-I'm Lost!- she screamed, well, that makes two of us.

-Let me help you, who are you with?- She wouldn't stop crying, and fourtunetly, she was sobbing now.

-Ahjumma Kim-

-Are you hungry?- she nodded profusly -Well, what would you like to eat while we look for her-

-Mmm... Bulgogi?-

-Well, lets see if we can find some one that sells that here- we wonder around while she had her meal, she seemed quite satisfied. I was satisfied just watching her joy over some meat, my trip was completed.

-Lee Kim Soo? Lee Kim Soo?- someone kept on calling that name. The little girl suddenly tourn around and ran after the women scream. -Where have you been little one? You scared me! Don't let go of my hand ever again! -

-Are you Miss Kim?-

-Yes, Thank you very much young lady for your kindness-

-I hope I was of assistance-

-Certainly Yes, someone else could have kidnapped her or worse-

-I'm glad nothing worse happened. But, Miss?-

-Yes?-

-Could you help me? I'm surely lost. Also, I don't remember any one I know's number-

-Surely. There is an internet cafe around...-

-Plus, I ran out of money. I bought her something to eat, she was hungry.

-Alright. We are heading to the orphanage I work in, there I have a computer you can use-

-Is it too far?-

-No. I could lend you the money for the bus as a repay of your favor-

-Thank you very much-

As we took our way, she begun to tell me her story and the harships she has had to endure till today.

 

 

While in the bus, was when reality hit me.

-I've been working with them since 20 years ago. Few of them are adopted, the rest who grew up healthly will work their way through the world and establish their independance after finishing high school-

-How many do you have now?-

-I have 10 between the ages of 5 and 12. I have one girl that is 17 years old, my right hand. She helps me in anyway she can, saddly, she helps me working part time outside to help a little bit with the expenses of feading the kids- I looked outside the bus window, a tear felt down my face, how can they endure so much? Is it just that I complain about some bullying when they fight for their food everyday?

-Is not that many kids fortunetly-

-Thankfully this hasn't been the year when we received new ones. Luckly, there has been a couple of adoptions. The kids that are not healthy enough for adoption now, are transfered to bigger orphanages-

We went off the bus and walked up some alleys to arrived.

 

 

I offered my back to piggy ride the little girl who felt asleep on the bus, while arriving at the orphanage, it was already nightitme.

-We've arrived. The computer is over there-

 while I sign in into my sns account and left a message to Eun Sang ('cause I didn't want to worry Luther, again) I heard a sudden scream.

-No! Please comeback Lady!- said Miss Kim.

-What happened?-

-The baby box was activated-

-What did you just say?-

-The baby box was activated, some one has left a baby to us- as we approached such box, I suddenly comprehend the meaning. I started crying inconsolably in silence.

 

 

She took the baby rapidly and gave it to me.

-Please wait here, I'll see if I can catch the women who left it here-

-Who... what?- I received the baby while she stormed out, I checked again if he or she was ok. Definetly a she. The baby started to cry, Miss Kim wasn't coming back. I tried to soothe her, I figure out my way to the kitchen "She must be hungry surely" I thought. I found some baby milk powder and a baby bottle, I was amazed how after 15 minutes, I had her eating, she was now calm. I supposed it was the adrenaline of having someone else under my care so suddenly.

-I couldn't catch her-

-Is a girl.What do we do now?-

-Procedures. We call the police to report the abandonment. They will decide whether we keep her or if they take her somewhere else-

I'll looked back at the creature I was holding, this was my first encounter with a girl with no name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)