Chapter 11 " Once Upon A Time"

I'm an Heir

 

   It has been many years since my Mom left to a better place, while now, her words still bounce in my head. Thanks heaven they wont leave me alone, I'm afraid that if they do, I will lose my way. I remember how somehow she forced me to write my thoughts out in a diary. It might sound crazy and childish, but is nice to go back in time once in a while, so I can remember where I come from and where I'm heading to. At the beggining it wasn't that pretty, I'll only write a couple senseless sentences to satisfied my Mom, but with time, It became an addiction she wouldn't dare to change. After her death, I wrote and wrote and wrote so much that my fingers got brused and cut and blister all over my fingers, it was my way to say goodbye. The moon used to be my best friend during those times where I felt I didn't belong anywere, but as time passed by, I realized how lucky I was that she left in the bloom of her beauty, no sorror, no more pain.

 

I strongly believe that my impetuous decision on helping Young Do change his thinking style comes from going out of that whole I once lived in, and that I don't wish anybody to believe that way. As I passed thorugh the old pages of the first diary I wrote, I came across with the 100 days cards. It was a gift my Mom gave me each time I had a hard time writting on my journal, it was a hundrer reasons to write, but later one they became a hundred reasons to laugh, to hear, to love. Thats it! I hurrly went to the convenience store and prepared the materials I thought I will need. In a separate piece of paper I wrote as a title: "Young Do List: a hundred reasons to change". I spent all night thinking, re thinking and changing the ideas that I had crossing my mind, I putt all the efford I could put something into in order to work, I wish it has the same effect as it had on me.

I arrived at school and something smell odd. I stupidly ignored the feeling and went in to my normal schedule, had bussines administration to begin with, later on, Physical Education. Although it seemed idiotic, for me excersing is vital to keep my health, so I happily went to that class.

As I head to change my clothes and be ready for PE, I felt how someone took me by my wrist strongly, as others put something over my head so I couldn't see where I was going. The pushed me, I felt. They pushed me again, I felt. They kept on pushing me until I ran down some stairts. This isn't right, what have I done to all of you?! I screamed on the inside. Slowly, it came out.

-What have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE?- I screamed despertly as I tried to break free. This isn't a place I want to go again. Suddenly, anguish begun to rein my mind, I can't go back there again! I am in panic.

-To come here was your first mistake- some one said abruptly.

-For messing out with Young Do, you must pay-

-Your dirty existence anoys us, we thought this was a elite school, not a begars program-

They pushed me again, then everything begun. I felt the hard shells of eggs crushing against my body, I smelled the plain oddor of baking flower.

I wanted to go home, but as every egg crash my soul, I heard the voice of my Mom from the distance "I love you". She surely has ben always with me, but now, I felt ashamed she had to wistness me in this state.

-What have I done- I whispered, until everything became black.

Where am I?

Who am I?

Sun? Can I feel the sun?

I opened my eyes slowly, I felt the warmth on my skin. I smell the breeze. I saw a medow and my Mom playing with a little girl. Is she me?

 

I tried to approach and suddenly I took the little girls place. I saw her eyes again, Oh her beautiful eyes.

-Mom?- I timidly asked -Where am I?-

-You're with me- in all the times I have dream with her, this was the first time she reply. -Why are you here again?-

-I don't know. I'm scared-

-My baby- she said while holding my face between her hands -You are stronger than this. You have to be strong for both of you-

-For Dad?-

-For Dad and for me. Soo Ra?-

-Mom? Are you ok?-

-Soo Ra?- she kept asking -Soo Ra?-

-Mom where are you going?-

-Soo Ra?-

-Don't! DON'T!- I woke up harshly. I looked around and I found myself in the nursery. Kim Tan and Eun Sang were sitting next to me.

-Soo Ra?- so she was the one asking for me -Soo Ra? Have you come to your senses?-

-Are you alright?- asked Tan.

-I'm fine. I'm better now-

-Who did this?- asked him in rage.

-I don't know, my head was covered-

He stood up and left. We heard screams and noise.

-Oh no, stop him!- I asked Eun Sang, but my body couldn't stand still. I stood up and followed the noise, I realized too late that I only had one shoe on, since my otther foot was covered in bandages.

I saw how the body of Choi Young Do flew across the hall.

 

-Stop!- Nobody will listen to me. I walked towards them and with a big kick, I trew them apart, which I inmediatly regreted since I did it with my hurth foot. -Enough!- I demanded.

-Don't stop me now, he has to pay!- screamed Tan

-Do you have any proof that it was him?- I claimed, Young Do looked at me stranged of my answer. 

-No one else will fall as low as what has been done to you-

-I asked if you had proofs- Tan kep silent -You don't, so please step out from here. Its my problem, let me solve it-

He left. I looked back at Young Do, I knew it was his doing, I didn't save my dissapoinment at stared at him directly to the eyes. He couldn't keep his head up, So I left.

When I went back to the nursery, Luther was waiting. I huged him tighlty, he replied.

-Es Tiempo de parar (Its time to stop)- he said, he didn't want Eun Sang to understand -Por Favor para ya (Please stop now)-

-I can't- I said. As I waited for Tan to help me reach the car without notice, I remember the card in my pocket. I took it out and went to Choi Young Do's locker. I read it one last time.

"Choi Young Do, is time to stop running away.

Day 1: Make some one smile" 

And let it slide trough the openings.

Once upon a time my mother lived, but now that she's far away, I yearn her words

 

 

 

 

 

(I wanted to change the letter's color according to the language the characters are speaking at the moment for a better understanding of what is going on. So here are: English, KoreanSpanishJapaneseFrench,. Also I wanted to complement the story with some pictures... hope you guys like them!)