Scream

Spilled Ink

Scream.

Six letters sounding louder than they meant.

"Scream, " You realised he repeated the words in your head.

You gave a swift turn to your left, there he was, with eyes feeling more confident of you than you’re on yourself.

"Scream, " He gestured to the baseball stadium before both of you, and repeated himself.

You bit your lips and shift your feets. Instead of letting the power coming through your voice,.. it burst the pipes, and you felt your visions blurred, nose getting all clogged up.

He was silent. 
You don’t know. 
You were focused on yourself.


But the minute you felt his hand on your shoulder, you gave an agonising scream. A scream that shot across the field to the other side where the seats are, and it resounded back at yourself. 
You smacked the metal railings before you, before letting your legs collapse following the natural force of gravity catch you. 
You squeezed your eyes tightly, and gritted your teeth.

You felt his hands back on your shoulder, rubbing in small circular motions. 
You were trying to focus on his movement, but your emotions clouded your brain’s decisions.

"Let it all out. " He mumbled softly.

You didn’t look at him. 
Only murmured, “You’re not the best person to handle a crying me.”

He chuckled, and for odd reasons, that chuckle was contagious.

"Yeah, I know. I’m such a terrible person to be with when you cry, that I might even cry with you. "

You shot him a look, before bursting out laughing, choking on your own saliva.


“Let it all out. ” He said softly.

That was the cue for your tear glands to release all the tears it has been carrying painfully.

"D-don’t… " 
you finally spoke after some periods of loud sniff and sobs.

"Yeah? " he asked warmly.

"D-Don’t leave me. " 
You meekly gave him a glance.

You could have swore, you could feel his smile brightening up the gloomy baseball stadium, as if his smile has bring the stadium alive.

He opened his arms wider and as if protecting you in his embrace.

"I would never, "
He paused a little to comb through your messy hair. 
“Never, ” he said firmly. 
“Leave you. “