2 Years Apart

Spilled Ink

With his mind wandering to her, a smile crept to his face. 
He gave a short chuckle before fixing his slender fingers to the frets of the guitar, strumming a few beautiful chords to play the music in his head. The music that belongs to you.

Even though there were nights where he felt lonely, her music keep him company.

" Two years, Wait for me, still you can date other guys during that time , " he remembered his words. She only scoffed, "Heyy, you’re not my brother. I’m so darn going to date whoever I want. "and with a huff she made her back faced him. He chuckled as he lovingly slid his arms across her shoulders to pull her into a hug. "I’ll miss you too. " He replied as if he read her mind. As if he heard what her heart spoke, (which was obviously different from what spoke. )

Being two years apart is a bummer, all you can remember of her is stuck with memories of two years ago. Yeah, he still see her frequent updates on social networks. At every chance he could get his hands on the internet. And would feel really bummed refreshing the page for ten times and the update remained as two weeks ago. He would also pull his lips into a frown when she didn’t reply his messages online, and yet smile brightly the second she replied.

He wondered if she misses him like he misses her. Two years apart. Anything could happen. What if she has fallen in love with someone better than him. Will she leave him for good? Two years apart, was price to pay and a risk to take. He loves her. But all he can say is after seeing pictures , 2Dimensional Pictures of her, videos she uploaded and the words she blogged or tweeted. He love her. Two years apart. Will the feelings fade?

Now, two years has passed. He found himself now, sitting in a corner, like a spy, spotting her with a guy. He never told her about his arrival. She hasn’t showed any realisation that it has been two years. But..He mentally criticised that overly dull shirt he wore, and how the tie did not match with his socks, or how his hair was so ughs, he just hate everything on this guy. (Even though he promised she can date anyone,… ) He turned to face her. Still the same, only more beautiful. In fact, he was pretty sure he broke his own record and didn’t breathe for two whole minutes.

Seeing them fidget and calling for the bill, he stood up and prepared to find her, immediately after they part, well it doesn’t matter if the guy is there, all he cares is that this two years apart will no longer exist once both of them locked eyes.

He was fifteen steps away, he kept his smirk on, (the one she always claimed it makes him look haughty but he secretly knows how much she loves it), he mentally prepared himself to meet her.

They stood up, “So, I’ll tell mother about what we’ve discussed. ” He nodded. “I’ll see you soon. ” She blushed and took a step forward, he leaned in to pressed his lips on her. “I can’t believe we’re getting married soon. ” he whispered.

Two years apart, and that guy wasn’t him.

****

****

****

He was jolted awake. “Hey! “

He blinked his eyes in confusion, “Wh-what? ”

"Get off the plane! "

"Plane? ," he thought hard. Was it all a dream?

He found the dream so surreal and well… It could be possible. Two years and she fell in love with a better guy. He frowned as he pulled the luggage off the moving belt, set the heavy luggage down and let its wheels rolled away. He shoved a hand into his jeans pocket and sighed.

He heard approaching foorsteps.

Before he could looked up, someone ran towards him.

It’s her. His heart cried.

"Welcome back, "she whispered.

He struggled to keep his tears from spilling, and pulled her gently by the chin to take her for a ride to make up for the two years apart.

Inspired by Eddy Kim’s 2 years apart, largely setting the story based on MV instead of lyrics.