Be Mine

Spilled Ink

He fisted the hems of his shirt, pinching it way too much, and perhaps snagging the shirt out of its shape. He gave a short raspy sigh, and starts shaking his hands as if he was drying his hand. His palms were sweaty alright. 

He doesn’t understand why Guys always have to be the first to confess. He had wished the society define the norm the other way around. Maybe not, his ego would be seriously trampled. Just.. she was such a confident girl.. and even people around him would have pushed him down and told him straight that she was out of his league. He would have given up, but you know there’s this funny thing that happens in life. Somehow when you’re suppose to make a decision, everything around you will start dropping little hints and nudge you forward to the action you would take eventually. Just like him. All week, all the posts he saw on social media, even from the words of his friends’ mouth were like, 

" If you truly love someone, let them know. " , 
" Tell someone they are beautiful and it will make their day" , 
" Don’t let fear stop you from anything. " , 
" It’s better to confess your love, than to watch your love being confessed to. " 
" I love her, but… she was taken away by someone who told her first" 



And his friends? 
 ” Man, ” his best friend fisted his hands and punched his other palm in regret, ” She’s together with him now. ” He looked away with a long sigh, ” I should have confessed to her. " And all he could do for his best friend was to comfort him. 
Well.. he could have his best friend comfort him in a while, but.. no. This year, it’s going to be different. 
Things will change. 

He eyed at her, and took in another deep breath. He exhaled out a shaky breath. She’s gorgeous. 
That two words ran through his head, and echoed. 
She had her right hand scribbling notes on the paper, and her other hand supporting her head. 
He keep making glances in her direction, just… just its so hard to focus on anything else but her. 
He was all fidgety and trying so hard to shake the nervousness out of him. He took the poor lonely pen lying on his desk and twirled it. 

"So…. " The old professor, like always, dragged his words monotonously. 
And the bell rang. 
Every student stood up, and that old professor gave a frown, and hurriedly finished his sentence with a louder voice, before snapping his book shut and walking away while shaking his head. 

" Today… is the day. Today.. is the day. Today is the day.. " he chanted. 

"HEY!  How are you?" He spoke a little too loud, and too fast for him to realise. 
She turned around, and God.. the way her hair flew. 
No joke, he notices such stuff… or is it an innate male thing. 
Whatever. 
" Oh hey, I’m fine. how are you ? " She greeted with the most beautiful smile. 
" I.. I.. what? Oh! Oh? I’m fine. Thank you. Listen.. urms.. wait, I gotta… Uhh.. How are you? " He was way too nervous. 
Take a deep breath, he told himself. 
She giggled, covering half of her face with her beautiful hands. 
" You’re so funny, I’m fine. I’ve told you. " She kept her smile, and thankfully let down her hand.
"You’ve… got something to tell me? " 
" Uh… " His mind went blank. 
Why… why did he look for her again? 
" Uhh… " 
He blinked and tried his best to recall.. 
" Uhh..  " 
She frowned, and waved her hands in front of his face, ” Hey…? “ 
Before he could reply, ” Look, I’ve gotta go. I’ve a lesson in half hour and I’m starving. Text me ? “ 
She scooped up her laptop and her bag and was about to leave. 

He caught her by her arm. 
She looked around surprised. 
" Be mine. " 

… 
She stared hard at him, ” What? “ 

He let go of his hand and cleared his throat. 
" I.. I.. was talking about the project. You.. know. That one.. " He didn’t know, but attempted to smoke through. 


"Project? " She questioned. 
She gave a smug look. 
"Well, sure. Give me a date and time. See you around. " 


And he watched her back leave the lecture hall.. 

Wait.. Did she just…
He smiled and punched his fists into the air.