Courage Pt. 1

K-POP ONE SHOT COLLECTION~

Heyy!!!!

I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER IN THIS STORY!!! The first part is a flashback of what happened and because of that, it will be divided into 2 parts..hope you enjoy ^_^

___________________________

I think I know how it felt to be blind. 

I heard a door open and close. I heard someone stepping on my glasses. I heard people talking. I heard people screaming. I heard a gunshot. I heard footsteps leave. I heard a car engine start, then go further away. Then nothin.

I was supposed to hear someone close the door. I was supposed to hear my dad close the door. I was supposed to hear my dad's voice. I was supposed to hear his footsseps come to my hiding place and open it. Nothing. 

Just dead silence. I opened the cupboard door and come out of my hiding place. As much as I didn't want to believe it, it was reality. The worst part is, not only did I hear it, but I also saw everthing.

My mom and me moved out. We moved all the way to South Korea. We grieved for a few months, then decided we couldn't just sit around. I agreed with that.

What I didn't agree was that I needed a father. Her arguement was that I was only 7 years old. What I didn't agree was my mom's remarriage. Her arguement was that it'd be nice to have an older brother. What I didn't agree was that I needed to go to school. Her arguement was that I needed to socialize and home schooling won't help. What I didn't agree was that I needed to get some friends, social life and love life. My arguement was that I was scared and depressed.

7 YEARS LATER

I came home from school. It was just me. It's always just me. No one is ever home. Not today. I thought I would just come home in drenching clothes. What I did come home to was drenched clothes and my step brother's friends. As soon as I got in, a pillow landed right on my face. 

"I'm so sorry!! Are you okay??" I saw a guy with black hair in front of me as I looked up. I just nodded, wanting to get away from the place I was standing.

"Who are you anyways? I've never seen you before." Another guy with red hair asked me. 3 more guys joined in. I really hated attention because not only I get uncomfortable, I can't breeathe properly and that's what happened. 

"I-I-I umm.."I dropped my bag and went back outside in the drenching rain. I turned away too fast and tripped on my feet, going over the stairs and landing straight on my face. I didn't mind though, I felt so relaxed. I could hear them chattering, debating who should come out in the pouring rain.

"HA! Loser! You trip? Maybe you should cut your abngs so you can see!" I saw some guys from my school. The same guys that always teased me everyday.

"Why aren't you getting up? You forget how to? Or maybe you're a freak? Then again..you do look depressed everyday..."Ricky didn't finish the sentence and I already was feeling more down.

"Yea, it's not like your parents died or anything. If they did, just get over it! Death is a natural cause. It happens to everybody." I saw the rest of Teen Top agreeing to Niel's words.

"Yea. They were probably too old of age. Why did they keep on trying just to get a depressed, abnormal, loner freak like her?" They all laughed at L.Joe's words, while I was crying.

"Hyungs..she's crying..maybe it's true.." Changjo stopped laughing.

"Damn right it's true!" They all stopped laughing at the booming voice behind me. I knew exactly who it was, but didn't want to get up. Wait no, I couldn't. 

"Who are you?" I believe that was Chunji's voice.

"Don't worry too much hyung, he's probably some toy-" He stopped speaking. Ricky stopped speaking as he got a blow from my step brother. 

"Don't you ever say that again. Or any of those words you said. In fact, just get lost. Or I will call the police for harassment, tressplassing and file a law suit. Got it?" I heard a couple of scared 'yes sir' and could see them running. I felt my brother help me up. I saw his shocked face as he saw my face. 

"Wh-what's wrong?" I stammered and his face quickly turned to a smile. 

"Nothing I can't fix. Come on, let's go inside." He tried lifting me up, but I resisted. There was no way I was going back there. Not with that many people at once. I wanted to stay here. In the rain. I wish I had the courage to tell him that. I should've when I had the chance because he just used all his strength and picked me up. All I did was hide my face in embarrasement.

"Hyung...what-"

"Yano, close the door." I could tell from his voice he was trying to control is anger. He sat me down on the couch and left me alone to get the first aid kit. I looked down, not knowing what to do. In a room with 12 guys I've never met..I saw red drop down my skin. I touched my face and felt blood. I was about to stand up to go to my room and clean it up alone, but that's when my step brother came. He sat down next to me and he started treating my cut.

"O-ow!" My face scrunched up in pain.

"Sorry, I'm almost done though. Don't worry! It'll be okay soon." He gave me a reassuring smile that calmed me down and it was over very soon. 

"Why did you run straight out the door when we questioned you?" As soon as my brother finished treating it, one of the guys there questioned me.

"W-well..I feel really uncomfortable when I'm in attention and where there's a lot of people. I start hyper ventilling and I can't breathe. Plus..no one really likes me.." I looked down and just twiddleed my thumbs.

"What? That's lie..but why do you think that?"  This guy really had no idea how to respond to certain situations.

"I-well..it's complicted..I just changed because of a traumatic experience..but..good question..why do people hate me so much?" I started to tear up as the scene replayed in my head again and again and again.

"They don't hate you..they're just jealous of you.." My brother held my hand and gave me a smile. I couldn't keep my anger because of that scene replaying in my head and just looked straight up.

"Of what? Watching their dad get shot by a bunch of strangers? Is it that their jealous of? Well, they're wrong! I'm reminded of it constantly. When I do remember it, the scene is so vivid! I remember it clearly! I don't want to! It's haunting me! It's horrifying so bad that I feel like the only way is holding up a knife to my chest and just..and..All I needed was more courage..If I did..then.." I couldn't finish the sentence I didn't dare too.

"Oh honey, what happened and don't say that. You know it's not true.." My mom came and hugged me.

"Why do people hate me so much then mom? Why do people bully me at school? Why do they call me names? It's because they're right.I'm depressed. I'm abnormal. I'm a loner. I'm..I'm a-"

"PARK ______ DON'T YOU DARE SAY IT OR BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAID! YOU KNOW IT'S NOT TRUE! MOST IMPORTANTLY, I WILL NOT HAVE MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER ADMIT TO THEM OR CALL HERSELF NAMES!" 

"BUT IT'S TRUE ANDD YOU KNOW IT! EVERYONE KNOWS IT! IT'S CRUCIAL REALITY! YOU THINK I'M LIKE THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO OR I ORIGINALLY WAS?! WHEN I SAW THEM KILL MY DAD, WHILE HE HID ME, I CHANGED. FROM THAT MOMENT ON, I FORGOT WHAT IT MEANT TO BE HAPPY. I want to be happy..I want to remember what it meant to be happy and to be in love..I WANT TO FEEL ALL THOSE FEELINGS AGAIN, BUT I CAN ONLY FEEL SADNESS, ANGER AND DEPRESSION. SOMETIMES HATE. I WANT TO REPLACE ALL THOSE FEELING WITH HAPPINESS, JOY AND LOVE, BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I FORGOT TO!" I stood up and went all the way to my room to slam the door shut. Being my clumsy self, I tripped and fell. I didn't even bother standing up and just lied down there, bawling my eyes out. 

__________________________________________________

Well, this is it!! 

Part 2 will be taking place in 2 days!!! Will write it now tho! hould be up either tonight or tommorow!! =D