009

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 9

 

 

“Congratulation, baby.” Jongin went to Nara who was standing beside her parents, all smiling and looked really happy. He brought a bucket of roses and baby’s breath.

The girl reached and then hugged him. “Thank you so much, Oppa.” He gave the flowers to the girl, earning a wide smile from her. “This is so beautiful.” She planted a kiss on his cheek, making him blushed. “Thanks.”

That day was Nara’s graduation after studied for four years in the college. Jongin took his time from the work to attend the ceremony since the one who requested him to come was her father. But he couldn’t stay for a long time. After having a quite conversation with her parents, he excused to go back to the office.

“I will pick you up at 6 for a dinner. Dress nicely, okay?” Jongin cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead. She just smiled and nodded to him. Nara waved at him as he went outside the building.

 

Her parents brought her for lunch because the girl hasn't eaten anything than a bottle of plain water since the morning. In the middle of the conversation, her mother spilled her thought on Jongin. "He's really nice, sweetheart. I couldn't agree more if you ask." She said while squeezing her daughter's hand and smiled. "What do you think, Dad?" the two turned their head to the eldest.

Nara waited until he finished that one spoon. Her father was kind of difficult to approach. Her one-year-and-half-relationship couldn't guarantee that he would agree. She waited with a thumping heart.

"Well," He took a sip from his cup before continued his words "He seems nice." Nara's heart skipped a beat. "And seeing that you've been together with him for a long time, what more could I ask for?” He smiles and then put the cup back. A wave of relieved washed over her. He patted her shoulder.

From how he looked, Nara could tell that her father liked Jongin. That was something that never happened to any boyfriend she had before Jongin. Nara respected her father very much. So whenever her father had the look of dislike towards someone she brought to them, she would end her relationship soon. Right then she hoped that Jongin would be her last.

 

 

Jongin was already in the living room chatting with Nara’s father, waiting for her to get ready. Meanwhile, Nara was still on her room, finishing her hair. She already had her make up on. The girl wore a turquoise chiffon dress with a V neck. She let her hair down and made it wavier so that it would look ier. For the final touch, she sprayed her favorite strawberry perfume and she was ready to go.

The man stunned when Nara came out from her room. He knew he took the right decision when he asked her to be his. The girl was so pretty. He admired her from head to toe. He was all smiling until the girl stand beside him. They went out together after Jongin asked permission from her father. He just nodded then asked him to take a good care of her and bring her back safely. Jongin smiled and answered, “Of course I will, Father. Don’t worry.”

"Where are we going to go?" Nara asked him when he was driving to the destination.

"It's a secret." He turned his head towards the girl for a while and got his attention back to the road. "You'll see." Jongin smiled. Nara suddenly smiled without any reason. "Why are you smiling? Am I too handsome?" She punched his right arm, earning a chuckle from the man.

Nara gasped softly when they arrived in front of a gate. "Is this your house?" Nara asked. Jongin just smiled, leaving her question unanswered. He went out to open the gate before coming back to park the car inside. Nara came out from the car and took a look at the surroundings. The house is really classy. It was not so big, but it was definitely her style. The house painted with ivory colour, blended with brownish yellow for the details. There were lot kinds of flowers in front of the house. It was too beautiful for a man's house, she thought. The man smirked seeing the girl smiled when she saw the flowers. Jongin grabbed her hand and pulled her to the front of the door.

"Wait here for a while, okay?" He asked. Nara just smiled and nodded. Jongin went in and closed the door. Nara waited. She looked around to see the flowers. The place totally suited her taste. Simple, classy, and pretty.

"Come on, baby." Jongin opened the door. He walked to the girl and took her hand. They went inside. Jongin brought her to the back side of the house.

Nara gasped for the second time when she saw a lot of candles arranged forming a pathway. "What are you doing?" Nara asked him. Her hand squeezed his. "You don't need to do this, Oppa." She was so touched she couldn’t say anything.

Jongin still silent, sometimes he just smiled to the girl. They stopped beside a circular table with a bottle of red wine, and two glasses on it. He took an arranged flower bucket and gave it to the girl. She mumbled a thanks to him. Then he pulled the chair and asked her to sit, before he walked to his seat.

"So..do you like it?"He asked, fingers intertwined with hers.

"Of course!" Nara answered, getting a shy smile from the man.

He popped the wine bottle open and poured to her glass. They cheered for her graduation. They drowned in their own world, talking about everything.

"Nara, listen." He tugged her hand, asking her attention. She was silent, waiting for him to continue his words.

"I know I'm so far from the word perfect. I feel so lucky, I know I'm not good enough for you, yet you still accept me to be yours until now.” He smiled. “And you know I’m not that kind of romantic person, so I really don’t know how to do this so that this will be special to you.” He reached her other hand and held it tightly.

“I knew I made the right decision when I asked your phone number the second time we met. I also knew I made the right decision when I asked you to go with me to the Kings of Convenience concert.” Nara chuckled while listening to Jongin’s words. “And I always knew I made the right decision when I asked you to be mine.” He stopped and took a deep breath.

“Nara, I want you to be the first person I see in the morning, and the only person to share a goodnight kiss. I want you to be the mother of my future children. I want you to be the person I spend the rest of my life with.”

Nara smiled. Tears started pooling in her eyes. He let go of her right hand and took out a small black box from his pocket. When he opened it, Nara could see a ring, a very simple yet so beautiful one.

“Jung Nara, would you marry me?”

“Well said.” She squeezed his hand. “Yes, Kim Jongin.”

 

 

 

 

Jongin's right hand is trembling when he holds the pen. He is going to put his signature on the paper Nara brought to him. It's not like he never sign a paper, he did a lot for his work. But this paper is definitely out of his mind. “Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks.

"Yes." Nara replies shortly, without even looking at the man.

He rises from the couch and walks towards her. Jongin is sitting beside her. "Look at me." He tries to meet her eyes. But she keeps avoiding it. She knows she would probably cry if she looks at him in the eyes. Jongin touches her chin and turns her head facing him. Jongin is trying to find what he missed these days. And yes, it's all there. He didn't find any of those in Sora. Those care, needs, faith, and love.

Nara suddenly jerked her head, avoiding him again. Her tears start to roll down her cheek. "Just..give me your sign." She gritted her teeth, doesn't want to sounds so weak when she actually is.

“Give me a chance.” He says.

“I gave you many chances. Many. Chances. But you chose her over me, and now you got what you want.” Nara looks at him with her deathly stare. Actually if Jongin doesn’t blind, he clearly can see thelove that still lingers on her eyes. But the man is blinded by someone else’s love, that he doesn’t even know if he loves her or not.

“Let me fix everything…” He falls on his knee, and grabs her leg. “I beg you…”

“It’s too late, Jongin.”

He lets go of his grip. Her vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter