004

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 4

 

 

“It is almost four years, my dear. When do you guys think I can hug my grandchild?”

It such a shocking question for them. A question that they are never expects to come out that day. Both of them freeze, don't know what to talk. It takes some seconds until Jongin decides to break the ice.

"Mom, why are you like this?" Jongin asks her gently. "You know, we both are so busy."

"That is not a reason for not having a baby, Kim junior."

The rest time of the dinner becomes awkward. It feels like Jongin's mother actually wanted to ask about it from a long time ago. Nara doesn't speak a single word until they part. Yes, it is almost four years. Yes, they don't realize that the time flies so fast.

 

The couple stays silent along their way home. Jongin knows his wife well. It must be a big bother for her. She needs the silence. Asking her if she is well will just make it worse. That is why he let her be. His mind is also in a chaos right now. The thing is, he does thinks of getting a baby, but he doesn't know why it didn't work. Their life is normal. They didn't even have a plan to delay. And he just realizes it now when his mother asked them.

Her gaze is thrown outside the windows, looking at the building along the city. She lets her mind flies god knows where. Nara doesn’t know what to feel right now. It is just.. hurts. It is not a wrong thing asking them to have a baby. It is also not a quite bother for her, if only his mom didn’t emphasize on the words ‘four years’. His mom indirectly forced Nara to realize that something is wrong with them.

“Babe.. we’re home.” Jongin taps her shoulder after opened the car door. Nara is too drowning on her mind she doesn’t know that they are already at home. She startled a bit before quickly get out of the car. She goes upstairs heading to the room. Nara put her bag on the desk before throws herself on the bed. She buries her face on the pillow. Without her knowing, the tears are already flowing down, wetting the fabric.

“I’m so sorry, Nara.” Jongin is sitting beside her. He her hair lovingly. He hurts seeing his wife crying. “Come here.” He pulls Nara up so that she can sit properly, facing him. Jongin wipes her tears, he kisses her cheeks trying to shoo away her pain. He leaves a deep kiss on her forehead, reassuring her that he will always be there for her. “It’s okay, don’t cry.”

“No, it’s.. not okay.” She chokes on her words. “Mom is right. It’s not a normal thing. It is almost four years. My mom also asks me frequently, about having a baby. But I don’t think it’s a big deal, until your mom asked earlier, and emphasizing on the words four years.” She says while crying. Sometimes she stops, to take a breath. "We already married for four years, oppa. I do want to have a baby.." She sobs.

“I know.. I know.. but you need to calm yourself right now, baby.” He caresses her cheeks, wiping away the tears. “Let’s see a doctor on Monday, okay?”

She nods weakly and wipes her tears. Jongin hugs her, tightly.

 

 

The next morning, Jongin wakes up early. He watches his wife who is still sleeping soundly. Her chest heaves up and down in sync with her breath. He heard her sobbing last night until she fell asleep in the dawn. He just acted like he didn't know. Nara needed time for herself, he knew it. Sometimes he hugged her from behind, pretended to be asleep, when he couldn't sleep at all. She looks a bit pale. He can see the visible tears stain on her cheeks. Her eyes look puffy, probably because of too much crying. He loves the girl in front of him. But he doesn't know that feelings can change in a blink.

Today Jongin and Nara will attend a charity event held by Jongin's work company. It is an annual event that made by the company for the children in orphanage. The company makes a gathering which full of games, snacks, and gifts. The kids can play whatever they want because for this year they will hold it in an amusement park. This will be the third time they attend this event, but Nara doesn’t have any idea that this will be the most painful from all.

Jongin already showered. He wakes Nara up, careful not to shock her. After a lovey dovey moment in the bed, Nara gets up and goes to shower. Jongin already tried, but he still can't see the smile from the girl. While she is showering, he goes down to the kitchen. Jongin prepares two glass of milk and sandwiches for their breakfast. He doesn't want to bother Nara to prepare the breakfast in such mood.

"I still can cook breakfast for us." Nara says while going downstairs from their room. She still wears the bathrobe, her hair is dripping wet.

"It's okay." Jongin approaches her and plants a kiss on her lips. He stops for a while and says "Why are you still on a bathrobe? It's teasing." He kisses her jaw and slowly going down to her neck.

"Oppa, stop it. I don't feel like doing it now." She stops him and cupped his cheeks. She looks him in the eye. "I'm so sorry."

He replies with an understanding nod. "Okay, I'm going to wait until you okay. Please don't take too long." Jongin smiles mischievously and pinches her nose, finally earning a slight smile from the girl. "Come on let's eat. We're running late."

 

 

They come late at the charity venue. When they come, the event was already running for 20 minutes. Jongin holds her hand and brings her to meet his boss. They don't need a long time to find the fine man on a white polo shirt. He looks different from his daily look on the office, which usually wears suits. He is standing beside the crowd with a beautiful woman on his side, busy playing with some kids.

"Mr. Luhan," Jongin greets him "Good morning."

Luhan turns his head towards the voice. "Oh, Jongin-ah. Welcome." He smiles and pats the younger's shoulder. "Why did you come late?"

"Ah, yes. I'm so sorry Sir, we have a lot of things to do before we get here." He answers, jokingly calls him with the word Sir.

"Eeeii, just call me hyung as usual. We're not in the office." Luhan punches Jongin's arm. "Hello, Nara." Luhan greets Nara too who stands beside Jongin. He gives out his hand for a handshake. Nara smiles and shakes his hand.

"Hyung, where is Jieun noona? I saw her with you earlier."

"Oh, she is with the kids, let me call her." Luhan goes to her and asks her to come with him. He tells her that Jongin and Nara came. Jieun walks to them happily. It has been a while since the last time they met. Jieun and Nara are so close. They studied in the same college before, and they surprisingly met again in a gathering event from their husband’s company.

"Unnie!" Nara greets her happily. She waves her hand and the older waves back.

"Hey, dear. It's been a while." Jieun hugs her. "Hello, Jongin." She waves to him. Jongin replies with a smile.

Everyone is there. Some of them are playing happily with the kids. Jieun pulls Nara to join her play with the kids, leaving their husbands which also start to walk around, meeting their friends. The boys stop behind Sehun and his girlfriend. They talk and , asking Sehun when he will marry the girl.

Nara sits beside Jieun who is busy playing with a toddler. She feels bitter. She looks around, kids are everywhere. She doesn’t know why it has to be happened on a time like this. Her mind travels around. There’s one thing that bothered her from the moment her in law talked about this. She is afraid that she can’t have baby. She is afraid that she is barren. From the very first time she married Jongin, she never has any thought on pending the pregnancy. In these four years, it’s a lie if she says she never wants to have babies. She does. Every time she met her friends, most of them were bringing their baby and little kids. Every time her friends asked her to have one, all she could do was just gave them smile and joking about being busy.

“Noona.. n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter