005

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 5

 

 

 

 

"I'm afraid you can't have baby, Mrs. Kim."

Her smile is slowly fading away as her brain processing the information. She lets go of her husband's hand because of the sudden shock. Jongin quickly catches her hand and holds it. He holds it tightly, so tight that it won't ever go. Nara tried to be calm before starts speaking.

"Excuse me, doctor.. h.. how.. w.. why can't I?" She tried hard to hold the tears that already filling up her eyes. Her heart is beating so hard.

The doctor starts to explain her test results. Tears are slowly rolling down her cheeks as the doctor continues her explanation. Word by word is flowing out from the gynecologist's lips, giving all the reason behind the painful fact. Jongin pays a lot attention to the doctor while his hand still squeezing his wife's tightly.

"So that means.. do.. do we still have chance to have one?" Jongin carefully asks doctor.

"I’m afraid that you’re infertile, Mrs. Kim. But we need more investigation for that. For now, I don't think it's a good choice to have baby. Mrs. Kim needs to have a proper treatment before planning on having baby. Even if you get pregnant, I’m afraid it will harm you. Your womb is not strong enough. The bleeding that you were talking about, probably was miscarriage. Yes, even before the pregnancy detected, so you didn’t realize that that was not from your period. For now, I will give you medicine to strengthen your womb, in case you’ll get pregnant anytime. But once you get pregnant, I have to say that you have to be extra careful." she stops for a while, "And one thing, when we believe, everything is possible, Mr. Kim.

They went out from the hospital with a heavy heart. Jongin brings her to have lunch in her favorite place. Jongin is trying to make her talk. She answers every question that Jongin throws to her shortly, sometimes with a forced smile. Nara doesn't want to talk, but she doesn't want to make her husband worried. She knows he tried really hard to cheer her up.

Nara didn't finish her meal. She just sends a gaze to Jongin and squeezes his hand. Jongin understands right away. He mouthed an okay to her and rises up from his seat to pay the bill. They go home straight right after that.

 

 

 

 

Luhan has called Jongin for five times already, but he got no reply. Luhan needs his work right there right now. Unfortunately, the computer locked with a password. He is ranting to everyone in the office to get to Jongin right now. The clients, who will meet Luhan for the presentation, are going to arrive in thirty minutes. Jongin who promised to come to office in the afternoon is still at home, taking care of his sad wife. He doesn't intend to go to office at first, because of Nara's condition, but it turns out that he really needs to go.

"I'm okay, you can go." She smiles weakly to him. Jongin doesn't have a heart to leave her alone in a situation like this, but his phone keep ringing. Nara holds his hand and nods her head, giving him reassuring look. "Go.. they need you."

Nara fixes his tie and then escorts him to the front door. "I'll be home early." He cupped her cheek and leaves a kiss on her forehead. Jongin smiled before he bids a goodbye.

Her foot feels really heavy as she walks back into the house. She doesn’t know where to go. She just stood there, scanning the room. Her legs feel so weak that she can’t stand it anymore. When she tries to move it, the girl stumbles and falls. Tears start to jostle, trying to break her defenses. And she lost. She failed to defend her fortress. She cries her heart out. She doesn’t care if anyone would hear her. It is everything she can do to let her feelings out.

 

 

 

 

Jongin arrives late in the office. Luhan is already in the meeting room with the clients. He jumped out from his car and left it in front of the lobby. He threw the key to the valet boy before flashing off to the elevator. He runs to his room and meet with Sora who already waited for him. He throws his bag, which caught by his secretary, sits in front of the computer and quickly sticks his thumb to the fingerprint scanner.

“Good afternoon." Jongin greets everyone in the meeting room. He looks nervous but still trying to smile. Luhan who sits at the other end of the table looks so relieved, but at the same time looks a bit angry. Jongin avoid making eye contact with him.  He admits that Luhan is scary when he's angry. "I'm really sorry for coming late." He bows to everyone.

"It's okay, Sir. We just came." The clients rise from their seat and shake hand with Jongin.

"Okay then, because he's here, we can start." Luhan sends code to Jongin to prepare and start the presentation immediately.

 

 

 

 

Lee So Yeon is busy taking her work to Suho's desk. There are a lot of things that needed to be finished before they depart to Paris in a week. Nara's absence today simply made her work doubled because Suho asked her to do some works that initially was Nara's. It's 4 p.m already. She finished everything ontime, thanks to her multitask ability. She sits on her chair, taking a breath. Her head leans on the back of her chair trying to relax her stressed muscles. She takes a look at her phone. Her beloved friend, Nara, promised to call her in the afternoon. But she doesn't hear anything up until now. So Yeon finally goes through her contacts and dial her number.

No answer.

She tries again. Still no answer. Something is strange. Ah maybe she is still with her husband, she thought. She rises from her seat, taking her bag and going out from her room. She managed to greet everyone who is still on their desk before taking the elevator. In the car, she takes a swift check once again on her phone, but the call is still not there. Dial button already pressed, she's waiting. She heard a click on the other end followed by a hoarse voice.

"Nara are you alright?" that is the first thing she asks. Nara is so bubbly, she will know if something happened to her even just from the change of her voice. A second later So Yeon already stepped on the gas pedal, going to Nara's place.

So Yeon steps out from the car, quickly goes to the front door. She pressed the bell many times, worried that something bad happened to her friend. She needed to wait a bit long before finally Nara open up the door. The girl is mumbling a soft hi and forced a weak smile. Her eyes are red. The tears stains are still visible on her cheek. She looks terrible.

"Oh, sweetheart what happened to you?" So Yeon cupped her cheeks, trying to lift her head. She wipes the tears who still there and quickly hug her.

The girls then come inside the house. Nara asks her what she wants to drink but she refuses. So Yeon puts her bag on the table and places herself on the couch. Nara sits beside her, getting ready to tell everything after her friend nods her head.

So Yeon didn't realize that she already cried while listening to Nara. She holds her hand, trying to give strength to her. "I need to go out for a walk, shall we?" Nara asks her, earning some nods from the older.

 

 

 

 

"It's a deal then?" The client rises from his seat, giving his hand which then welcomed by Jongin with a wide smile. It's done. The project reached an agreement. Luhan pats his back and smiles.

Jongin can't go home yet because Luhan asks to accompany him bring the guests for a dinner. He can't do anything but go with Luhan. Jongin hopes Nara is okay. He already read her message who said that she went out with So Yeon.

 

 

 

 

"Nara you need to stop drinking. You drank too much already." So Yeon snatches the glass from her hand while Nara tries to drink from another glass. It's already her third glass. So Yeon knows well that she has low alcohol tolerance. But she can't refuse her because she kept asking to take her for a drink. "Oh my god, Jongin will be angry with me," she mumbles and tries to take her by arms. "Gosh, you're heavy."

Nara chuckles. "I don't think I'm drunk. We need to drink a liiiiil bit more, huh?"

So Yeon seats her friend inside the car. She pulled the seat belt for Nara before she runs to her own seat. Nara's phone is ringing. She doesn't bother to pick it up, she knows it must be Jongin. So Yeon just drive as fast as she can so that they could reach home soon.

When they arrive home, Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter