011

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 11

 

 

"H.. hello, mother in law."

"Oh. Son." Mrs. Jung looks surprise.

"It's been a while, Mom." He bows down once again. "How are you? You came here by yourself?" He asks.

"Yes, Son. I came alone. I'm pretty good. How are you? You look skinnier, sweetheart." She says, cupping his cheek and smiling. Jongin just laughs bitterly. He ruffles the back of his head. He's so nervous.

Mrs. Jung takes out the meat from the counter. She is finished with her list. They go to the cashier to pay their groceries. Jongin paid his mother in law's things too. She refused at first, but the man insisted. Then she just smiles and lets him do it.

Jongin asks her to have dinner together with him. He said that it's been a while since their last meal together. The woman agrees. Jongin asks her to wait at the lobby while he is taking the car from the parking lot. He walks quickly so that his mother in law won't be waiting for too long.

 

 

 

 

"Oppa, let's have a dinner outside. My mom is going out with her friend, she told me a while ago." Nara says as they walk to the lobby, going to wait for the valet boy delivering the car.

"Sure. Do you want to eat something specific?" He asks.

Nara just shakes her head. She doesn't know what to eat, sometimes the syndrome is still appear. So, she just avoids some foods with a strong aroma and flavour. Suho, who already knows about it, is thinking hard about where to take her. They wait for the car quite a while. The valet boy bows when he is coming to Suho, he keeps saying sorry because he made Suho wait. Suho just smiles and pats his shoulder, saying that it's okay.

They come to a small restaurant near her apartment. The two are talking about some unfinished works at the office while waiting for the dinner. They drown on their own mind after that. The ambience becomes awkward suddenly. They run out of something to talk. Then Nara decided to break the ice, she wants to talk about that thing to him.

"Oppa.."

"Mm?" He answers with a hum.

"About you, I.. I'm really sorry. I still.." Suho suddenly holds her hand when she is stuttering with her words. Nara stops and stares to the caring man in front of her.

"It's really okay. Love is not a thing that can be forced. I love you, and I just do." His thumb is caressing her hand. "Let everything flows like water. I'm so happy because I can be together with you like this. But if you're not destined to be with me, then what can I do? Let's keep the relationship just as it is." He smiles. "There's nothing to be sorry about." He says, reassuring her.

Nara really couldn't be more grateful to him. He did a lot of things for her but she can't do anything in return.

"But I don't want to give an empty hope to you. I don't want to be a burden for you." Nara answers.

"You're never a burden to me. I'm going to do everything that you want. If you want me to go, then I will. But if you want me to stay, then I'll stay." He squeezes her hand.

Suho waits for her to answer his question. Nara is silent, she looks into his eyes. She can see his love there. There's a war inside his heart right now. She does, she still loves Jongin no matter what. But she just can't ignore another tiny part of her heart who is begging her, asking her to give Suho a chance, asking her to do something that makes him happy, as a return for everything he did for her.

"Stay... please..."

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Jung comes home alone by a taxi. She didn't let Jongin knows where she is staying at. The man kept begging her to tell him since he knew that she is staying with her daughter. But he couldn't do anything when the older just said 'No', squeezing his hand and smiling. The mother needs prove. A prove that could make her believe him, because she simply doesn't want her daughter to be hurt anymore.

She puts down all the groceries at the kitchen. The apartment is still empty. It seems like her daughter is not at home yet. When she finished arranging things that she bought earlier, she heard a click from the front door.

"I'm home, Mom." Nara says with a loud voice, entering the living room. She goes to her mom and kisses her cheeks. "How's the dinner?"

"Great! I've got a lot of things to tell you." The older smiles and pulls her to the couch. "Sit down."

"Oh wow wow, what is it?" She smiles to the older and then plops herself down on the couch.

She takes a deep breath when she is about to start talking. They sit facing each other. "I met your husband."

 

 

 

 

"Mom. I'm so sorry." Jongin bowed his head deep down in front of Mrs. Jung. "I'm really sorry I hurt your daughter."

Mrs. Jung just kept silent. He admitted it even before she asks him.

"I know I did wrong. I don't even deserve her apology." His head was still down.

"Raise your head, son." She finally spoke after the silence lingered for some minutes. Her voice was soft but stern. "Then, what will you do about that?"

"I want to meet her. We haven't got any chance to talk. She just came to me and handed the papers. I regret everything I did. Although I know that she probably would never forgive me, I still want to get her heart back. I vowed, Mom."

"You got my hand on your back. No one wants a divorce, Jongin. I did, I felt so angry with you. But I know my daughter very well, Nara needs you right now. Please do it for me." She held his hand. "I trusted you but you ruined it. Now I'm begging you, please don't ruin this trust for the second time."

 

 

 

 

"O..oh.. how did you meet him?" Nara didn't expect it at all. "So you went for dinner with him?" She asks.

"I went to a supermarket to buy food for us. Then he suddenly greeted me. I was surprised and didn't expect to bump to anyone at all, especially him. And yes, I had dinner with him."

"Mom, you didn't tell him about this place, right. What were you guys talking about?"

"No, sweetheart. Don't worry. I didn't tell him that we live here. We just talked about his career, he also asked about our business." She lies.

Nara looks relieved but sad at the same time. He didn’t even ask a bit about me, she thought. She is silent, waiting for her mom to continue, but the older is also silent. Her voice is shaking. "How is he?" She smiles bitterly.

"You miss him, don't you?" Mrs. Jung rubs her arm and hugs her.

She starts to shed a tears. "A lot, Mom. A lot."

"Nara, please reconsider the divorce. He deserves a chance." She grabs her shoulder.

Nara doesn't answer it right away. Deep inside her heart, she still loves him. She does, and she will always do. But it still hurts when she remembers about everything that had happened. "No, Mom. I've decided to take this way. I won't turn back." She lies. She wants to come back to him, and just starts everything from the beginning. She will do everything for her baby to have the father back, even if it hurts.

"Your child needs a father."

"Actually, there is someone who is willing to take the responsibilities of being the father, Mom."

 

 

 

 

The evening comes fast without anyone realizes. Heavy loads of work simply made them focus on their own tasks and let the time slip quickly. When the others start leaving their seat, Nara is still busy, bringing the folders to Suho's desk, assisting him and checking through every sheet of papers. She will smile and wave when the others greet her.

"Nara please reprint this one, you put the wrong code." Suho hands her the paper. Nara flees to her desk and redo the work. Just like that, they check the documents thoroughly before Suho put down his sign.

The clock is already pointed to 7 when Suho puts his last signature on the sheet.

"Nara, would you mind to go to my house? We can have our dinner there instead of coming to the restaurant." Suho asks her while tidying up his desk. "You have never visited my place, huh?"

"Yeah, I haven't. Let's go." She smiles to him and takes her bag.

 

This is the first time she visits Suho's place. His house is so big and luxurious, as expected from a house of a CEO. They arrived right when his maid finished cooking so they didn't need a long time to wait for the dinner. Suho watches as she laughs and giggles along their lame conversation. This house was never felt this warm, he thought. Her sweet laughter echoes, making his smile wider. The two go to the lounge where his home theatre placed, after finishing their meal. Suho asked her to stay a while for some conversations, or a movie. The girl just doesn't know how to refuse, so she said yes for the movie. Nara placed herself beside Suho on the couch when he already found what movie to watch.

"Do you want something to drink? Or snacks?" Suho asks her.

"No, no. I'm full." She answers, touching her tummy. The man just smiles at her cute gesture. He walks to dim the lamp off for a better view.

The two slowly drown with the plot. Nara leans on the sofa, with her right hand hugging a pillow. Suho is fully concentrating on the movie. The girl turns her head towards him. He is pretty attractive. She examines his side profile, looking at the curve that made down from his forehead, to the pointy nose, and his well matched lips. A girl is definitely lucky to have him as a husband. His physical feature is perfect. He's a kind of man who loves generously.

“Oh my god, he’s so cruel. We shouldn’t watch this, Oppa. It’s not good for the baby.” She says, earning a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter