020

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 20

 

 

 

It is the middle of April where the cherry blossoms start to bloom beautifully. The sun is shining brightly, trying to get rid of the morning dew, replacing it with warmth that radiates all over the town. Mother birds are flying low, looking for some unfortunate worms for their baby bird’s breakfast. People are already out for activities, walking here and there to their own destination. Some are jogging around the neighborhood. Some go to the park to enjoy the morning breeze with their family. Some others still have to finish their task at the office which forced their self to work overtime. But mostly, they did everything with a light heart. A good weather simply brings everyone’s mood to the best state.

 

While the others already started their own activity, this man is still sleeping peacefully. Weekend means never ending sleep he said. He stirs sleepily before finally tries to blink his eyes open. The man moves carefully, stretching his limbs, and then yawns widely. He steals a glance at the clock which is hanging on the wall and realizes that it is still early in the morning. Jongin rubs his eyes, trying to get rid the sleepiness off of him. His gaze fell on the side of the bed. It has been empty for a little while. The man stared at the space beside him before his hands reaching out the side, and then he smiles.

 

Everybody’s looking for that something. One thing that makes it all complete. You’ll find it in the strangest places. Places you never knew it could be.

Some find it in the face of their children. Some find it in the lover’s eyes. Some find it sharing every morning. Some in the solitary lives.

So, impossible as they may seem. You’ve got to fight for every dream. Cause who’s to know which one you let go would’ve made you complete.

Well, for me it’s waking up beside you…

To watch the sunrise on your face…

To know that I can say I love you at any given time or place…

 

“Stop staring.”

The man chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin brought his son back to the baby room after spending his time with the little one for a while. The newly grandparents were also there, shedding their tears of joy seeing the little angel, that they had been waiting all this time, finally came to greet them. After giving him back to the nurse, who was going to keep the baby’s warm temperature, the man stayed a little longer, looking at the miracle that has just come from his wife’s womb. He was standing in front of the window to get a clear sight of his son who was sleeping peacefully. His lips curled up forming a smile.

“Kim Jongin. Son!” Jongin turned his head towards the source of the voice and frowned. His mom was walking to him quickly, almost running. Before he could open his mouth to ask what happened, she already spilled the beans. “Your wife. Nara.”

Without thinking twice, Jongin ran passing her, going straight to the room where Nara was placed. The man stopped in front of a door. He couldn’t go in yet because the doctors were currently checking her condition. His in-laws were also standing there outside the room, looking really worried. Jongin goes to hug his mother in law and rubbed her back.

“She’s going to be okay, Mom.” He mumbled to the older.

She nodded and smiled to him. “I know… I know…” She said, her eyes brimmed with tears.

The door suddenly opened, revealing the doctors and nurses which then went to their own place. The gynecologist stayed there. Everyone held their breath before finally saw the doctor’s smile. “She is really weak, but she’s awake. Go inside and hug her.” The doctor smiled and patted Jongin’s shoulder.

Nara’s parents quickly went into the room followed by Jongin behind them. They walked to the side of her bed, while Jongin was still standing by the door. He was trembling, still couldn’t believe what was just happened to him and his family. He could see his mother in law crying, hugging her daughter who looked so weak. Jongin let them having their parents and daughter time first. The man smiled at the sight, with tears started pooling on his eyes again. They hugged her carefully.

“You’ve worked really hard, Nara. You’ve worked really hard.” Her mother shed her tears. “I thought I lost you…” Nara just smiled and nodded weakly to her mother. She tried to lift her hand to wipe her mother’s tears. "I'm sorry for making you worried, Mom, Dad." She whispered softly. Her dad was just looking at her with b eyes. His hand reached her forehead and then he placed a soft kiss on it.

Having her moments with her parents for a while, she realized that something was missing. She turned her head to find a certain someone. Her mother seemed to know who was she looking for. She stepped back a bit so that her daughter could see someone behind her. Nara finally caught the figure that she had been longing to see. He is standing by the door, trying his best to hold his tears.  She knew he has always been there. She could feel him being around her when she was going through the hard time earlier. The girl looked at him dearly. The two locked their gaze. His knees suddenly felt really weak, he couldn't even bring his legs to walk. He bit his lower lip to hold the urge to cry. But Jongin gave up. The man finally burst into tears when he saw his wife, who was looking at him, smiling weakly. He took steps closer to his beloved wife, closing the distance between them. He could see tears rolling down her cheeks. She was still here. She was never gone. He stopped beside her bed, slowly reached her hand and squeezed it, somewhat making sure that it was really his wife. Jongin placed his forehead on hers. Their eyes were closed. Their nose touched each other’s, connecting two hearts and souls that almost separated. The couple cried without a sound. They didn’t need any words to express how much they longed to each other. Jongin hugged her silently.

“Thank you so much for coming back…” he whispered to her. “Thank you… thank you…” he sobbed on her ears. Jongin cupped her cheeks and placed a kiss on her forehead. A tender and deep kiss, to show how much he was grateful to her, because he really couldn’t imagine how his life would be if she were gone. Nara was still crying, but she was also smiling. She wouldn't ask for anything else, being on her husband's embrace was everything she always wanted.

Nara tried to speak, but she couldn't. It turned out more like a sob. Jongin was still hugging her and caressing her head. He pulled away and looked at her in the eyes, his hands on her cheeks, and then he whispered. "I'm sorry." He said. "I'm sorry you need to go through these hardships without me. I'm really sorry I couldn't be any help." He sniffed. "I'm sorry I'm such a useless husband, a useless human being."

Jongin finally heard her voice for the first time. "What are you talking about." She pinched his cheek and chuckled softly. Jongin wipes the tears on her cheek. "There's nothing to be sorry." She said with her weak voice. "Thank you, for staying by my side." She lifted her other hand to reach his face. Jongin leaned to her touch. Nara caressed his cheek with her thumb while smiling.

"Always. I will always stay by your side. I will never leave." He leaned closer to her and kissed her lips gently. Always. Until the death do them part.

 

 

 

 

 

Nara fell asleep because of the tiredness. Jongin panicked a little when she closed her eyes, he needed to call the nurse to make sure that his wife was okay. The nurse just smiled at him and said that the wife was just asleep since she lost a lot of energy. After getting checked by the doctors, Jongin pulled the blanket covering her, before placing a kiss on her forehead, letting her rest.

Jongin’s parent decided to go home to take some clothes for the said man. They also brought Nara’s parent home so that they could get some proper rest for a while. They had gone straight to the hospital right after the plane landed, and Jongin could already see their exhausted face. He didn’t have a heart to let them stay at the hospital. At least they knew that their daughter was okay for now. The man esco

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter