Special Chapter

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Mom, please… Baekhyun oppa will be there with me, I won’t be alone.”

“No, Sera. Your final exam is coming, you need to study.” The mother says without even glancing at the daughter who is standing beside her, eyes still glued on the screen, finishing some tasks while the father is currently reading a book on the bed.

“Mom… Daddy said okay. Please…” The girl doesn’t want to give up.

“Sera, don’t make me repeat myself.”

“Mommyyyyyyy.” Sera whines even louder.

“I said, no! Now go back to your room, I don’t want to hear you whine for unimportant things.” The older said with a high tone that scares the daughter.

Tears already welled on the teenager’s eyes. The girl clenched her fist and bite her upper lip, struggling hard to hold the tears. Unfortunately, the last sentence coming out from her mother kind of becomes a trigger for the explosion. She stomped her feet going out from her parents’ room. When she reaches the door, she screams, “I hate you, Mommy! You never understand!” and she slams the door close real hard.

The father just glances at the mother who sits back facing him. He could see her shoulder went up and down regularly, obviously holding the anger that the daughter caused. The man rises up from the bed and slowly walks to her chair.

“You okay?” He asks as his hands went to massage her tensed shoulder. “Why don’t you just let her go, it’s just a party, her boyfriend will be there too. Don’t worry too much.” He speaks to her ever so gently.

“You’re on her side now, huh?” She asks him back sarcastically.

“You don’t remember the same thing happened to you back then? Then you went to me all crying because your father didn’t let you go to the party.” His hands still massaging her shoulder, and he went lower before finally kneeling down beside her chair. He turns the chair so that the woman is now facing him. “She’s grown up. She will be okay, you know that right?” He draws a circle on her cheek, caressing the sheer wrinkles that start to become visible.

She sighs. The woman lets out a tired smile at him. Her heart soften. In the very end, Kim Jongin’s loving and sincere words would never fail to convince her no matter how chaos the situation is.

“Sleep. I will talk to her, okay?” Jongin ruffled his wife’s hair, earning a small nod from her, before he goes out from the room to his daughter’s.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Knock knock knock

Jongin knocks on his daughter’s door, many times. He waits but the girl seems like doesn’t want to respond. This stubborn and spoiled daughter of him. He knocked one more time before he finally calls her. “Sera, its Dad. Let me in, sweetheart.”

He waits for a while. When he was about to knock the door again, it swung open. Sera is standing behind the door, hands holding the knob, but eyes on her toes. The girl knew her dad probably would scold her for shouting that loud at her mother, and she already prepared herself for that. Although she is sure that her father is the most gentleman she ever knows, she doesn’t want to make him angry ever again. His cold eyes and strong demeanor that appeared for the very first time that time—when she sneaked in her home really late but immediately get caught because Jongin and Nara waited for her on the living room—she would never want to see it again. It was hell scary. But she came to understand that it was just because he worried about her.

Sera shuts her eyes close, getting ready for the cold voice.

But she was wrong.

Jongin gently lifts up her chin and immediately frowns when he saw tears swamping on her eyes. “Hey, why are you crying little bunny?” He wipes the tears stain with his thumb as he holds her face with both his hands.

“Don’t call me that, I’m not a child anymore.” She says with her sulky voice and tries to let go, but her dad already engulfed her on a bear hug.

“But you will always be a pretty little bunny for me.”

“Daddyyy…” She whines, trying to escape from the hug her father giving. “You’re so cheesy I don’t understand how Mom could survive with that level of cheesiness.” Sera walked to her bed and throws herself on it, lying on her tummy, trying to ignore the father.

Jongin just chuckles at his little sunshine. He walks following her to the bed and throws himself on the bed lying beside her. The older stays silent, only watching the daughter who is now buried her face on her pink pillow. He heard the girl sobs, but he just smiles.

“I’m sorry.”

Her voice was somewhat muffled by the pillow, but Jongin could still hear it. The older reaches out his hand to caress Sera’s head. “Don’t say it to me, say it to your mom.” Jongin says to her softly.

“But I hate her right now. I just want to go out and have fun for a while, is it too much to ask?” She turns her head to her father’s, now facing him with tears still wetting her eyes and cheeks.

“You hate her?”

The girl nods.

“Here, let me tell you a story.” He pulls her so that she is lying on her side facing him now. When he is sure that she is paying attention, Jongin starts to speak.

“There was a happy family, living in a decent house in a corner of Seoul. The father worked as a manager in a famous finance company, and the mother is an editor from a famous fashion magazine. They had one child. A boy. Everyone around them knew how hard it was for them to have this one boy. The couple went through a lot obstacles. Having this boy of course made them really happy. They raised the child and showered him with a lot of love. Until one day, the mother said to her husband that something was still missing from their family. They prayed a lot so that her wish could come true. Long story short, five years later, God gave them a really precious gift. A baby princess.” Jongin caress the girl’s cheek. She still silent, waiting for her father to continue the story.

“Can you imagine how happy the mother was to have this little princess whom she hoped could be a really close friend for her? Even sometimes the brother was jealous of his little sister because the mother and the father spoiled her too much. But in the end, being an oppa, he knew that his parents love both of them all the same.”

“But you know live had its ups and downs right?”

The daughter nods at him.

“It was a chilly winter. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter