003

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 3

 

 

knock knock

Nara walks towards the front door. It is milk delivery. Perfect time, she thought. She is just about to make breakfast when she realized that she ran out of milk. She takes it quickly, and manages to thank the delivery ahjussi who still can be seen at the end of the corridor.

Nara was already showered. She wears a short and a t-shirt, her favorite attire at home. She lets her hair down because she just washed it. Her house cleaned up perfectly. She also did the laundry. Such a productive day-off. Meanwhile, her husband is still in a deep slumber. Nara doesn't wake him up intentionally. Last night they went home really late. The man needed to finish everything at once so after dinner with his friends, they spent their time did the work. Nara asked him if he needed help. He refused at first, but Nara insisted. In the end, Jongin gave his wife some works that he thought Nara could do it, so they could finished it a bit earlier. He needs enough sleep so she lets him sleep more. She will just wake him up when the breakfast ready.

Nara is humming a song while preparing the breakfast. Today she cooks soup for her husband. She realized that these days, they rarely eat vegetables. Also, Jongin doesn’t really like it. Such a kid, she thought. Whenever he sees vegetables on his plate, he will get rid of it in no time. Therefore, Nara uses small amount of vegetable mixed with chicken and macaroni for her soup today. At least he will still eat the vegetables although it’s not that much.

People say Jongin is so lucky to have Nara as his wife. There is no one could take care of him better than Nara, and his mom. She really cares about his health. Although she knows well that Jongin doesn’t want to eat some certain things, if it’s good for his health, she will try to mix it up with the other thing that Jongin likes. She also never forgets to prepare fruits every day.

Nara walks to the couch and plops down on it. She turns on the television and starts to browse on some channel while waiting for the soup to boil. There are many family programs airs on the weekend. She went through every channel before stops at a baby program. She chuckles, amuses by cute behaviors of some babies. But she suddenly jumps from the couch because she remembers her soup. She quickly runs to the kitchen and turns off the stove. The soup is boiled completely. If she didn’t remember, it would be overcooked.

“Good morning sleepyhead.” She lies beside him and turns her body to face her husband. He is still sleeping soundly. Nara takes her time watching his peaceful face when sleeping. His chest heaves up and down as he let his breath in and out. She touches his nose tip with her forefinger. She can’t deny that her husband is so handsome. His crescent eyes, which appeared when he smiles and laughs, is the thing that infects her the most. She loves every single thing on him.

Jongin opens his eyes slowly. He blinked many times before realizes that his wife is watching him with her sweetest smile. Jongin smiles back at her. There is nothing better than waking up in the morning beside your loved one.  “How long did you stare at me?” he cupped her cheek with his left hand. Nara just smiles.

“Did you sleep well?” she asks, getting a nod and a smile from the man. “Do you want to get up now? I cooked for breakfast.” She smiles at him.

He mumbles in a whiny voice “Mm.. can we just stay here for a while. It is weekend.” he pulled her, closing the gap between the two and hugs her. “You’ve showered?” he nuzzles to her neck. “You know I love your strawberry ice cream smell, babe.”

Nara chuckles. “Oppa, stop it. It tickles.” Her words are just such a waste because that didn’t stop Jongin at all. Jongin kisses her bare shoulder and slowly going up to her neck, sending shivers down her spine. “Oppa..”

“Hm?” He lifts his head up, looking at his wife. She gave him a peck before she pulls away. Still in his arms, she says “The last time I checked, our date schedule today is going to be held outside. Not in the bed.” She smiles to him cutely. Jongin couldn’t help but pinches the girl's nose. He hugs her tightly, “Then, at least we can stay like this for a while, please.” earning a soft chuckle from the girl.

After the unstoppable cuddles, Nara finally succeeds getting Jongin out of the bed. He washed up before going downstairs to his wife. The table is set. The breakfast is ready.

"Nara is that vegetable soup?" He asks her, with a whiny tone. She can see his frowning forehead. Nara grins, giving her widest smile to the man. "Noooo, I'm not gonna eat." He pouts. This situation is always repeats whenever she cooked vegetables.

"Oppa, I mixed it with chicken and macaroni, you don't have to worry." She goes beside him and poked his arms. "I woke up early just to prepare the breakfast and you don't want to eat it." she pouts, trying to get Jongin into her trap.

"Fine fine. I'll eat." He said while pulling the chair. Nara gives out her winning smile. She quickly grabbed a plate and put the right amount of rice before putting it down in front of him. She also takes a bowl of the soup for her husband.

Pouty Jongin slowly turns into the smiling one. The soup tastes good. It doesn’t taste like vegetables at all. Yeah, a bit, but not really a problem for him. He praises his wife as usual. Jongin finishes his plate quickly, and shyly asks for an extra. Nara laughs at him.

 

 

 

After a happy breakfast, Nara peeled an apple for him, who is now sitting on the couch, browsing on channels. She comes to him with a plate of apples on her hand and sits beside him.

"Oppa." She called him before putting a slice of apple on . She bites a quarter of the slice and points at the rest which still on , offering him. Jongin smirks at his mischievous wife. He leans closer and takes bite on the apple slowly until their lips meet in the middle. She smiled into the kiss before pulling away.

"Ya! It's too big for a pepero-like kiss." Jongin pinches her cheek, but Nara just laughs and takes another slice.

"Wanna have another one?" She teases.

Jongin took the apple with his hand in a swift and murmured "I'd rather have one without it." before pressing his lips on hers. She brings him closer, her arms hanging on his neck and hands his hair. His hand travels up and down her back. The kiss is sweet and lovely.

After the sweet and longing kiss, they watch the television silently. Nara rests her head on his chest. "Oppa.." She breaks the silence when Jongin is just lazily his hair.

"Mm?" He answers.

"Oppa.. Suho asked me to come to Paris Fashion Week as usual.."

"Really? It's good then." He still her hair. "You know, that means he loves your great work."

"But.. the event.. is in two weeks. It is on July, 7th." She rises from his chest and now sitting properly facing her husband. Jongin sees her sad eyes and it hurts him. She is fiddling her husband's fingers. "What do I do.."

Nara can see the change of expression on his face, expressions that she can’t decipher. A slight disappointment mixed with a loving gaze. They drown in silence. Nara is just caressing his hand with her thumb without looking at him. She keeps her head down, looking at the floor.

Jongin ruffles her hair. He lifts her chin up and pulls her for a kiss. "Look at me." Jongin's gaze bores into her eyes. He caresses her cheek lovingly. "It's okay if you really ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter