014

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 14

 

 

 

Jongin originally planned to go somewhere with Nara. But the girl politely refused since she feels really tired. They spent the whole day on the park yesterday, no wonder she feels exhausted. After all, she needs to keep her baby safe. Doctor always says that she is not allowed to be tired. The couple decided to spend their time together on the couch, watching movies, eating popcorn, and sharing each other's thought the whole day. And of course, Jongin won’t leave the moment just like that. He knows what he is going to do. Everything is planned, he just needs time to work it out.

 

 

 

 

The dim light from the candles are filling up the room. A bottle of wine, a pair of wine glasses, and two plates of beef steak already placed on the circular table. Jongin prepared everything in a rush. He quickly did the table when Nara went inside the bathroom. Nara's bath time is a bit long so he takes the advantage of it. How about the beef steak? Jongin doesn't care if it will have an average taste. He just needs the moment. The meat was taken from the fridge. He maximizes the use of his stock of ingredients. His work is surprisingly fast. He made it in time when Nara goes out from the bathroom, a bit surprised because saw him panting.

"Are you okay?" She asks while drying her hair with the towel.

"Mm." He nods. "Dress nicely, babe. We're going to have a dinner."

Nara creased her brows. "Huh? You didn't tell me earlier, it's almost 8."

"We're not going outside. Go ahead, I'll change my clothes to a suit." Jongin says, smirking to her confused face.

Nara goes to her closet, sighs softly because when he told her he would wear a suit, it means she needs to wear a dress. She doesn't think she has a loose dress to hide her bump. The girl flips through the hangers, groaned frustratingly because she can't find a piece that suits her wish right now. She switches to her other closet to find nothing but her tight strapless dresses. Jongin already noticed that she gained some weight. She won't wear something that tight and revealing too much. Well, she couldn't avoid that she still wants to look good in front of him.

Jongin suddenly taps her shoulder. He is all ready with his semi-formal wear. Jeans, dark blue blazer, and a white shirt inside. He styled his hair up. Nara gulped, he looks really... hot. Jongin hands her a red box, with a bow tied around it.

"Wear this." He says as he untied the bow. Nara opens up the lid and finds a beautiful dark blue dress, match with his blazer. It's an A-line dress that won't show her curve. How is this happened? Coincidence. That's the only thing she could think right at the moment. "I'm going to wait outside." He says, taking her out from her sea of thought.

His heart is racing as he waits nervously for her getting ready. There's a lot of thing running around his head right now. Deep down inside his heart, he knows that it probably can be their last night together. He is trying to ignore that thought but it keeps popping out on his mind. Jongin heaves a deep sigh. No, he won't let that happen.

"I'm ready." Her voice pops his reverie. He turns to look at her. She is such a dazzling beauty. The girl let her wavy hair down after she dried it quickly. It looks like a mess but somehow brings out her iness. The dress fits her perfectly. Jongin couldn't be happier to see her. He grabs her hand gently and brings her downstairs to the table. Jongin heard her gasps. "When did you prepare all of this?"

Jongin chuckles, "When you were showering. Now you believe me that your bathing time is so damn long, right?" Nara just laughs at his words. Yeah, he always whines about it. He reaches one of the chairs and pulls it out for her. Nara sat down, before he pushes it to the right position and walks to his own chair.

"So, what is this?" Nara asks, looking straight at his eyes.

He smiles. "Nothing. I just want to do it. Tonight is…" Jongin hesitated "Probably… our last night together." Shoot. It hurts to say that. Nara feels exactly the same. It hurts to hear that. After all these days, although it was really short, but she couldn't say that it didn't affect her at all. It did. The man proves her that she still and always loves him. He proves her that he regretted things he did on the past. "I don't know what decision you will take. I'm just preparing, for myself. So if... you really want to let go... at least we spend our last night as a happy couple." She could see tears b on his eyes for a millisecond before he blinks it away. "Let's eat, its running cold." He says. Nara smiles.

Jongin pops the wine bottle, and about to pour it to her glass, but the girl gestures a no. He frowns. "I'm sorry, I can't drink it." She says.

"Why?" He asks, feeling a bit weird. Nara just shakes her head and smiles. Some things do change. Nara didn't want to go for extreme rides, she get tired easily, and now she doesn't drink wine. Is something happened to her? "Are you sick?" Jongin asks her again, his tone is a bit uneasy.

"No, I'm in a good shape, you can see it by yourself." She reaches his hand because he seems worried. "I'm really okay, you don't have to worry." She squeezed his hand, reassuring him.

"Alright. Please just… let me know if anything happen." He said, earning a nod from the younger.

They talk casually during the dinner. Like how they used to be before the parting. It makes it even harder for her to let him go. Although he did wrong, her love is never change from the beginning. He is the only who able to flips her heart up and down.

"Nara," He calls her out from the silence.

"Hm?"

He holds her hand. "I haven't got chance to properly apologize to you, for things I did in the past." His face looks sad. He rises from his chair and walks towards her. Jongin kneels down in front of her. Nara asks him to get up but he insisted. "I know everything that I do will never clean myself from sins. Even when I'm crawling, asking for your forgiveness, I still don't deserve it at all. Again, I'm not doing it to get you back, the decision is on your hands. I'm sincerely apologize for breaking your heart, for hurting you, for making you cry, for making you struggle, for every single bad thing that I did to you. I'm a sinful person, I did those things when I was the one who vowed to protect you, to shower you with nothing but love."

He sniffs.

"I'm really sorry." Jongin quietly wipes his tears. He doesn't want her to see it.

"Oppa, get up." She asks, her voice is shaking like she's holding her tears. "I..." she choked. Jongin raises his head to see her. Tears are slowly running down her cheeks. His hands reach them, gently wipes her tears, and then he smiles.

"Thank you so much, for giving me this chance. I won’t stop you, if you really want to go. I won’t stop you if you really think that we’re better off… separated. As long as you’re happy, then I am."

When Nara is struggling to hold back her tears, Jongin suddenly pulls her up. "Let me have this dance with you and your favorite song, Mademoiselle." He says. She doesn't even care to listen to the song played on the back before. It's Kris Allen's, her favorite singer. The girl follows his steps. His arm is circling around her waist, the other one is intertwined with each other. Her body pressed to his chest. Nose brushes with nose, making her blood rushes.

"Don't cry..." He whispers.

Jongin sings along to the song. She could hear his voice right on her ear.

 

When the rain is blowing in your face

and the whole world is on your case

I could offer you a warm embrace

to make you feel my love

When the evening shadows and the stars appear

and there is no one to dry your tears

I could hold you for a million years

to make you feel my love

 

Jongin pressed his forehead against hers. Her eyes are now on him, searching for their love that once almost disappears. Nara doesn't want to let go. She would rather stay like that, on his warm embrace for eternity. "I lied to you." He suddenly says. "I’ve been preparing myself, to see the end of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter