008

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 8

 

 

 

"You're pregnant." The doctor replies with a smile on his face.

Nara couldn't believe what she heard right at the moment. A lot of questions are running on her head. How come she is pregnant. Then it clicks all her strange behaviors these days. The mood swings, the urge to throw up every time she is going to eat or after eating, her light headache. Every single thing.

"But, how come? I mean, the last time I did it was like... I don't know, doctor." She is still flustered.

"It has been two weeks, running on your third weeks, your pregnancy. If you say it was a month ago then it's fine."

"Doctor you're not playing with me, right? You are not kidding?" Tears start to pool in her eyes.

"No, I'm not. You are pregnant, Mrs. Kim." The doctor pats her shoulder. "Congratulation."

The doctor's smile becomes a trigger for Nara's tears. She cries. She cries really hard like she never cried before. Her brain can't function. It is like the world stops for a while. Her tears don’t want to stop. She is really happy. God heard her prayer. The girl doesn’t think that it will be this fast. Her little angel finally comes to her. The baby comes to save their marriage.

Suho pats her shoulder, trying to stop the tears, and he smiles. He knows how Nara really wants to have this baby. He knows what she has been going through to have this little angel. He knows how happy she is that she can’t stop the flowing tears. The man sits beside her bed, waiting for her to calm down.

“Congratulation.” Suho says when he sees Nara in a better state. He took a tissue and helps her to wipe her tears. “Stop crying, it’s really great news, Nara.” He teases her. Nara just chuckles, and then she takes the tissue and wipes the tears herself. Before goes out from the room, the doctor told her that she may go home after the IV drip finished. Both thanked the doctor.

She can’t lie. She is really happy to hear such news. But then she remembers Jongin. She doesn’t even know how he would react to this news. Would he come back to her and forget that woman? She frowns, even just thinking about it makes her sad.

“Should I tell Jongin to come here?” Suho suddenly pops her thought.

“No, no. You don’t need to. I don’t think I will tell him about this now.” She said sadly. The shiny eyes that were there before, disappeared. Nara knows Suho is the right person to tell. Then she starts the story about what happened to them these days.  She tells Suho that the man cheats on her, with his secretary. Nara tells him about what she saw on the amusement park where Jongin’s company held an event with orphans, until then when she read the message from her. It so painful makes her wants to cry.

"You have to tell him. It's his baby. Yours. The two of you. I'm sure he will come back to you." He smiles, but his eyes aren't. There is a sad shine on his eyes that no one can decipher, except Suho himself. Nara sees it.

"I don't know,oppa. This is too painful for me."

"You don't want your baby can't see his father, right?" He holds her hand. "Everything is going to be okay. Trust me." He squeezes it. "Go to him."

 

 

 

 

"No no no, don't do that." Sora flinches when the man pinches her nose. Sora is lying on the couch with her head on the man’s lap. It is a bright Sunday and they are having a good time in Jongin’s house. They watch movie and eat popcorn that made before they start the movie.

Jongin still can’t stop this. He is confused. He didn’t know how he could get together with Sora like now. If his wife knows about this, it will hurt her so much, he knows it. But everything is just… happened. He still can’t find where the hell Nara is right now. He still can’t contact her. It seems like she changed her number. He doesn’t know where to find her anymore. The last thing he hasn’t done is asking the wife’s parent. But he knows that he’s wrong. He doesn’t have enough guts to meet them.

In the midst of the movie, Sora holds his hand, trying to get his attention. “Oppa…” She tugs his tee. “Oppa, can I ask something?” She asks and turns her head from the movie to see him. Jongin just nods as an agreement. “Oppa, do you love me?” She asks.

His throat suddenly feels dry he couldn’t even speak. It is like his voice stuck on his throat. Does he love her? The question that he never even asks to himself. Does he love her? Does he love her? He can’t answer it.

“You never touch me until now.” Sora gets up and sits beside him. “Look at me.” She cups his cheeks and turns his head towards her. “I love you. I know I did something wrong to you in the past. I shouldn’t leave you. I regret that for the rest of my life, until I meet you again. But then I know that you already have Nara.” she looks at him in the eyes. Deep. “And now that you are with me, I will never let you go.” Her hand goes down to his waist, slips under his tee, and the other one still on his cheek.  “If you really love me…” she kisses him. “Please…” and Jongin kisses her back.

 

 

“Please stop right in front of that gate, ahjussi.”

 

 

Her hand is the back of his head as he kisses her.

 

 

“12000 won, young lady.”

“Here it is. Thank you so much.”

 

 

The man laid her on the couch. She tries to lift his shirt, but he holds her hand, and kisses her again.

 

 

Nara takes a step inside. He didn’t lock the door, as usual. She remembers his bad habit, leaving the door unlocked when he is home, just like what she did too. She just smiles when she remembers that.

 

 

He hovers over her.

 

 

Nara heard some creaks, what he is doing right now, she thought. She walks further inside to their family room, the place where they always spend their time together.

 

She suddenly stops. A bag of fruits that she bought earlier falls down on the floor. Her hand is trembling. A stream of tears is flowing down her cheek spontaneously. She can’t stand it. The man lifts his head when he realizes someone else’s existence. Their eyes met. Jongin is shocked. The girl swifts her heels and run. She runs as fast as she can, with the unstoppable tears rolling down ruining her face. She goes out from the house going straight to the street. There's no taxi passing by. She decides to walk down the street, finding taxi to go back to her apartment.

Jongin hops from the couch. When he is about to chases her, Sora grabs his wrist, stops him.

"No, don't go." Sora pleaded. "Please." She is about to cry. Her grip doesn't lose any second.

Jongin stops a while, every happy memory with Nara is running on his head. Their first meeting, their second, third, their first date, their first kiss, when he asked her to be his wife, when they vowed, everything. It’s like a knife cut right on his heart. It hurts like hell. But then Sora starts to cry. Tears already runs down her face. He goes to her and wipes her tears. Jongin is in confusion. What should he do?

"Sora… I'm sorry." He wriggles, trying to get off from her grip. Then he runs.

She was not there anymore. Nara already disappeared. He took too long to decide, he knew it. The man ruffles his hair frustratingly. He lost her, for the second time.

 

 

 

 

“Young lady, please don’t cry…” The taxi ahjussi gives some piece of tissues to her. Nara just nods and bows down her head. She is crying and sobbing so hard that she can’t even talk. She is ready to come back together with him. She doesn’t even need him to apologize. She decided to let everything go. Everything she wants is just passing the good news to the man. But it fades away. Nara doesn’t want to tell him about her pregnancy anymore. She hurts too much.

She goes in to her apartment and throws herself on the bed. She cries. She can’t pretend to be fine anymore. Because this is totally breaking her heart, shatters it into pieces. He isn’t the man whom she loved. He changed.

Her phone keeps vibrating. Jongin is trying to call her many times. There are about twenty missed calls from him. Nara gets up from the bed and reaches her phone. She takes out the battery and throws it away. The girl sits on the floor, doesn't know what to do anymore. She is broken.

The whole week becomes so gloomy for Nara. She feels like she doesn't have any spirit to continue live her life. The girl becomes a lot quieter than before. Everyone in the office felt her sudden change. Every day she just comes home to cry. She cries until she falls asleep. In the morning her eyes would look swollen. And it slowly becomes a habit.

 

 

 

 

Kim Jongin is in Luhan's room. The general manager asked him to come to his room this morning. He is wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter