Special Chapter 2

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Special Chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Hi everyone!

Finally, this is the chapter that I've promised to you all!

I sincerely want to thank everyone of you who has been reading this. Thank you so much for the 100 votes and 1000 subscribers. It might not be a big deal for you, but it really means a lot to me. Through writing I relieve my stress, and knowing that there are a lot of you who support my writing made me want to write more and more. I hope you will stay together with me through my story, because I want you to know that you all helped me, a lot :)

Don't hesitate to talk to me too. I'll be here and also on twitter @sekaibyun if you want to talk :)

So here we go, a really simple story to thank you all.

ps. who want to see Baekhyun, this is for you x)

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, after the witch had been defeated and the missing Princess was found, the Prince brought her back to the castle with his white horse. He promised to himself that he would never let anyone touch her, and vowed to protect her with all his might.

The story teller stopped to take a breath,

“And?”

“And you know how the last sentence sounds, right?”

Both the older and the daughter said the last sentence in sync together, “The prince and the princess live together happily ever after,” The daughter chuckled after finishing those words with her mother smiled warmly at her.

“Okay, now sleep, you don’t want to miss school tomorrow.” The mother gently tucked her daughter under the blanket.

“Mom,”

“Hm?” She caressed her six years old daughter’s hair.

“Do you know I met a prince today after school?”

“Oh, really?” Nara sounded surprise. “Where did you meet him? Was he riding his white horse?”

“No, he didn’t.”

“Then how did you know he’s a prince?”

The daughter looked troubled. “Um… Um… I… I don’t know.” She took her mother’s arm and clung onto it, “I was waiting for Uncle Jongdae to pick me up outside the school gate, but then suddenly the rain came down soooooo hard. I ran to the nearest tree because there wasn’t any place to protect me from the rain.” She told her excitedly. “I was standing under the tree and almost drenched, until suddenly an oppa came bringing an umbrella, shielding me from the rain.” Nara could see a tinge of pink blushing on the daughter’s cheeks. “He said, come on let’s go to the shelter, you’ll get wet.”

The mother smiled at the girl, “And?”

“He held my hand and we walked to the nearest shelter.”

 

 

 

“Ah you’re wet already,”

The young Kim Sera just couldn’t take his eyes off of this older boy. The boy had a pair of dark hazel eyes. His hair dishevelled because he ruffled it, trying to get rid of the wetness off of his dark black hair. On his back was a big backpack. He was just like another school boy around her neighbourhood. She knew her mother always told her not to go anywhere with any stranger, and she knew her mother might be angry if she knew.

“Hey, I’m asking you, what’s your name?”

“Kim Sera.”

“Are you waiting for someone to pick you up?”

Sera just nodded while fiddling with the big button on her woollen coat. Her hair was wet, sending shivers to her body. Seeing her shaking, the boy took his coat and about to give it to her when suddenly Sera heard her uncle’s voice calling her name. Sera then quickly ran to the car, leaving the boy with no words at all.

 

 

 

“Sera do you remember what Mom always told you about following a stranger?”

“Yes, Mom.” The little girl pouted at her mom’s words. “I’m sorry, but he looked like a nice person so I wasn’t scared.”

“You know, Darling,” Nara caressed her hair, “Sometimes bad people looked really nice. They gave you candies or balloons, only to take you with them after that. I don’t want to scare you, but Mommy doesn’t want anything bad happen to my little princess, so you can help Mommy by not following any strangers, okay?”

The girl nodded while holding up his pinky, “I promise, Mom.” She said, earning a gentle pat on her head from her mom. “But Mom,” Her mother smiled as a response, really, no one could really stop this curious daughter of her. “Will I meet my prince someday? Just like Mommy met Daddy?”

Nara laughed at the question. “Of course, Darling. You will meet him for sure.” There’s actually a lot of things she wanted to ask more to her mother, but for now she thought it was enough. Satisfied with the answer she got from her mother, Sera smiled and closed her eyes, hoping to meet her prince later in her dream. “Now sleep, you have school and ballet practice tomorrow.”

“Good night, Mommy.”

“Good night, Sweetheart.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sigh.

Sera threw her bag on her desk before harshly throwing her body on her wide and unoccupied bed. She kept drawing a long and heavy sigh, closing her eyes in order to keep the tears inside. Her chest heaved up and down, obviously trying to control her emotion.

It did take her a while, but she calmed down eventually.

The girl rose up from her bed and went to the closet. For some minutes, she stood there in front of the mirror. She looked up and caressed her hair. It was really smooth. Her hair colour was black, as dark as the night sky, just like her father's. She went down to touch her brows. If any other girls would need pencil to draw theirs, Sera should be thankful because she didn’t need it. She has a nice thick brows, curly and long lashes, and dark amber orbs. A gorgeous set she inherited from her mother.

“Am I not pretty enough?”

But she started to frown when she touched her nose. It wasn’t that pointy nose all those pretty girls have. She had a round button nose, and she didn’t really like it. Not to mention the round face she had, and the fat on her cheeks. Although her father never stopped saying that she’s the prettiest girl on earth, after her mother of course—her dad said jokingly, she never liked it.

“Sera, Daddy’s home. Come down, Sweetie, the dinner is ready.” She heard her mother calling her from the kitchen.

She only sighed, didn’t really want to go out from her room, but she didn’t want her mother questioned her either. Grabbing a random t-shirt and short from her closet, she changed her clothes and quickly went down to the dining room.

“Hi, Sweetheart, how was your day?” Her Dad came out from the room and ruffled the daughter's head somewhat annoyingly.

“Dad, stop it.” Sera groaned and tried to pry her father's hand away. But knowing her father, the more she got annoyed, the more he would pester her. “Dad, please.” She raised her voice, lips pouting.

“Daddy,” Nara tried to help the girl stopping her husband as she put the bowl of soup for her husband.

She could sense that something wasn’t right. It has been two days Sera went home with a frown on her face, not even saying her greetings when she came inside the house, stomping her feet on the stairs when she went up to her room. Nara, although she always knew when her daughter had problem, never asked her because she would always come to tell her when it’s unbearable. It’s one of her ways to make the daughter, and also her son, learn about how to manage and solve problem by themselves before seeking for help, and of course she made sure to keep an eye on them. But this time she would ask. She didn’t want anything bad happen because usually it didn’t take this long.

“You know you’ve been pouting since forever.” The dad stated. “Is there anything bothering you?”

The girl just shook her head as she finished her small portion of rice and fish fillet. “I’m finished.”

“You haven’t eaten the soup, Darling.” Nara said as she looked at the girl concernedly.

“I’m not that hungry, Mom. Thanks for the dinner.” With that, she pushed the chair and went back up to her room in silence.

The parents exchanged a look. “What happened with her?” Jongin asked.

“I’m going to ask her after this. Do you think she’s stressed because of her ballet performance this weekend?”

“You know your daughter, Nara. She won’t be stressed because of something she really loves.”

“Yeah, but still. It’s a national competition. I’m afraid she’s pushing herself too hard.” She said. There’s a worry in her tone which made Jongin reached her hand and gently squeezed it, giving an assurance. Nara just smiled as she held his hand. “Anyway, Chanwoo is coming home this weekend. He said he missed me and don’t really want to stay at the dorm at the weekend because he doesn’t have any task to do.”

“Tsk, that boy. It’s impossible to hear him saying that he miss me, even just once.”

Nara could only laugh at the disappointed father.

 

 

 

Sera groaned when she heard her door was knocked. Of course it was her mother or her father. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to see her parents, but well, she just didn’t feel like talking to anyone right at that moment. Should she just pretend to be asleep? But she knew her parents must be worried. Her mom especially, because it’s been two days she spent her time sulking and hating herself like this, waking up with a pair of eye bags and empty feeling.

“Hey, Sweetheart.”

Sera finally opened the door. Her mother was standing there, looking like trying hard to hide her worries with a smile in front of the daughter. Her mother, whom she didn’t know how, without her saying anything, always knew when she had a problem. Her mother, whom always there for her to help when it was too much for her to handle, without her asking, always knew when to involve herself in the frame.

The daughter didn’t think twice when she threw her body at the older, hugging her tightly, burying her face on her mother’s chest. Nara just smiled while bringing her hand to caress the younger's head. “I should’ve come earlier, shouldn’t I?” Sera's shoulder went up and down shakily, obviously crying. She, after holding back for too long, finally cried in the arms of someone who care about her the most. The mother then pulled slightly to face her. Still with a smile, she held her daughter’s cheek, wiping her tears and asked, “Is there anything you want to share with me?”

Sera nodded and pulled her mother inside. They settled down on the bed, facing each other, lying at their side. Nara was still caressing her cheek, wiping the stream of tears that didn’t seem to stop anytime soon. But the mother didn’t ask. The older only let her cry some more, and didn’t stop caressing her hair. Sometimes she rubbed her arms gently, reassuring her daughter that everything would be fine. And Sera calmed down, eventually.

“I broke up with Baekhyun.”

The younger sniffed.

“We argued over something, and then we broke up.”

Nara kept his hand on the daughter's arm, still rubbing it affectionately.

“I saw him with a really pretty girl the other day, Mom. When I was hanging out with Soo Yeon and Ae Ra, I saw him with that girl at the mall. They looked so close. I saw him laughing happily and I couldn’t help but feel jealous.

“Then the next day when we met, I asked him who she was, but he said she’s just a friend.”

 

 

 

“A friend?”

“Yes, Sera. I told you about the photography portfolio that I need to finish next week, I was paired up with her an—“

“A friend doesn’t go around linking their arm with someone else’s boyfriend, though?” Sera didn’t even look at the man when she said that.

“Sweetheart,” He sighed tiredly.

“So that’s your definition of busy? Not having time to go out with me but going around linking arm with another girl.” She tried hard to hold back her tears, not wanting to cry in front of him.

“You were also busy with your ballet practice, Sweetie. I don’t want you to lose focus.”

“Ah, so that’s how it happened. I’m busy with my ballet practice and you look for someone else to keep you company?”

“Sera, please. We’re not talking about this.”

“Am I right?”

“It’s a paired project, Baby. You said you were busy and refused to meet me because you have practice. Many times, Sweetheart. That’s why I use those times to finish my college task. Is it that hard for you to understand?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter