010

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 10

 

 

 

"Ah.. my uniform.." Jongin runs to find his uniform. He forgot when was the last time he did his laundry. He tries to find it inside his closet, but he found nothing. The man ran out of clothes. Then he takes a look at the laundry bin, and it’s all there. He realizes that he never wash the laundry. Jongin ruffles his hair frustratingly. He walks back upstairs to his room, trying to find any shirt that he can wear.

He goes downstairs after finished getting ready. When he looks at the dining table. he found nothing but a jar of jam. Jongin opens the fridge, there are still a lot of canned food that had prepared by his wife long time ago when she left for Paris. But still, he can't have his morning tea. The morning tea which only Nara who can make it right suits his taste.

There, he realizes everything. He forgets about all the simplest things. He forgets about how generous his wife is when it is about him. He forgets how his life is actually very much depends on the girl. His clothes, his meal, and his daily needs. He forgets every single precious things, when she actually could give him everything he needs, except that one which is out of her power. Child. Something that he actually should understand. But he is blinded. He left the girl too far when he is the one who actually should give his helping hand. And now he probably wouldn't know that the most precious thing that he always wanted to come, that he has been waiting all this time, is getting ready to see the world.

"Good morning, Sir." The receptionist greets him. Jongin just nods and gives a slight smile as an answer. He goes to the office alone today. The man didn't pick Sora to go together. He doesn't know what had gotten into him, but he wants to take a distance from the girl. But in opposite, Sora keeps calling him whenever wherever. The girl doesn't want to loose him. She knows that something might happen to the couple. She felt Jongin's change towards her. And she promised to herself, that she won't let him go.

Some piles of works, that he needs to check before it passed to Luhan, greet him when he arrived. It feels like he has just finished a huge pile yesterday, and another pile was already here early in the morning. Jongin puts down his notebook and throws himself on the chair. He takes a deep breath, silently asking himself, what happened to my life.

His phone rings when he is taking a swift check at the documents. Sora. He quickly puts down his phone and turns his attention back to the documents. The phone rings many times, but Jongin just ignores it. After a while, Jongin takes a glance at his phone, thinking about something. He hesitates, but then he takes his phone. He goes through the log, searching for a certain name. Nara. He could see the last call coming from her was a month ago. He moves to the messages at his inbox. Her messages are all still there, buried by other messages from Sora. He goes through the messages and reads everything thoroughly. A sad feeling crawls inside him. He misses her, painfully misses her.

Sora is sulking. Jongin has been ignoring her this whole day. He didn't pick her in the morning, and also didn't ask her to go home together. She intentionally waits for him beside his car. It's already about an hour she has been waiting for him, but he doesn't come up. She can bear the pain on her legs because of wearing high heels, but she can't hold her feelings. When she is about to go up looking for him, the man appears from the elevator.

"Oppa, come quickly." Sora smiles to him.

Jongin could see her fake smile. "Who asked you to wait for me?"

"No one, I want to go home with you, is that a problem? Let's have dinner on my apartment." She says and then opens the door on the passenger side. "Please," she pleads.

"No, I want to go home." He goes inside the car.

"I don't want to know, we'll have our dinner at my place." She slams the door so hard, earning an angry glare from the man.

Still, the man grants her wish. He doesn’t want a fight at this time. His head is already full it feels like it is going to explode. He pushes the gas pedal and quickly goes out from the basement. Jongin is silent along the way to Sora's place, trying to hold his feelings. He doesn’t want to treat her bad. The man wants to end their relationship, but he still doesn’t know how to do it so that it won’t hurt the girl. He is still silent, but Sora seems not understand how the situation is going right at the moment. She keeps talking and complaining about his weird act these days. Jongin doesn't bother to answer her. He is trying to endure. The girl has gone completely too far with her whine. Jongin is trying so hard to hold his annoyance.

"Can you just speak some words? You're so annoying when you're silent." Sora says, folding her hand on her chest. Jongin suddenly turns the wheel and hits the brake. They are already in front of her building, but Jongin doesn't go in to the parking lot.

He takes a breath, deciding how to treat her when he already lost his patience. "Then why are you still following me? Go out." He says, still using a low voice.

"What happened with you? You're all okay some days ago." She turns her head facing him. "Is this because your soon-to-be ex-wife? I told you to divorce. You know what. I saw her many days ago with a man, at the hospital. They laughed happily. She is probably having fun with her man, and it's not you!" She takes time to breathe. Jongin is still silent, Sora uses his silence to continue. "She is not that worth why do you still keep her? You told me that you worried,she might have fun with her boss, huh? Then you're right. I saw her going out easily with a man when her husband wasn't around. Such a !"

There. He can’t hold it anymore. She went overboard. Jongin's palm landed so hard on her cheek. "We're done. Get out."

Sora turns her head to him, looking at him in disbelief. "What are you..."

"Get. Out." His stern voice sends a chill to the girl.

"Oppa..." She tries to reach his hand but Jongin avoids her.

"I don't want you to talk bad about my wife. Now get out. We're over."

Tears start to roll down her cheek. "Fine. I’ll go out. Thank you for everything. You're such a jerk who just takes advantages from me. You don't want to admit that your life is ! You're a jerk who left your wife when she was in a total bad condition. You !" Sora goes out from the car and slams the door real hard.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god." Nara gasps when she opens the door. She heard the doorbell ring and quickly went out to see who it is. "Mom!" Nara hugs her so tight. She didn't expect her coming at all. Some days ago Nara told her mom about the pregnancy and everything that she has been going through. "Why didn't you tell me that you're coming. I could pick you up at the airport." She takes her suitcase and helps her bring it in.

"Stop, that's too heavy, a pregnant woman is not allowed to carry it." Her mom says and then she laughs. Nara just smiles to her but still carrying it inside.

After they put everything down, they sit together at the couch. The two talk about everything. The older asks about how her pregnancy is going. They spend the rest of the day for a mom and daughter time. The mother feels so sad because her daughter needs to go through so many hardships. Without she realizes, tears already roll down her cheek, listening to every single details that Nara retold her. She hugs her daughter so tight and keeps saying sorry to her. Nara just shakes her head, "No, Mom. This has nothing to do with you, don't say sorry."

Nara's mother is planning to stay there for the whole week. She can't hide her excitement to go shopping with her daughter for the baby's needs. Since this will be her first grandchild. And of course, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter