016

Beneath The Cerulean Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 16

 

 

 

The elevator opened with a clink. Suho goes out alone. He has just finished with all the end-of-month documents. The office is so quiet since everyone was already left. He just sees some of security staffs at their own place. They quickly stand up and bow when Suho passes them by. One of them runs in a flash to open the door for him. It's already 11 pm, the automatic door system was already turned off to save the energy. He greets his boss, wishing him to have a safe drive home. Suho smiled and nodded to him before taking his car key from the valet boy who is already waiting for him. The man steps on the pedal, and quickly going out from the area.

It's late at night, he hasn't take a dinner yet. Suho drives slowly, looking for some place that still open. He usually has his dinner with Nara, but since the girl was already back with her husband, he doesn't have any other choice than spending his dinner time alone. Sometimes he just went straight and had his dinner at home. He scans through some places along the street, some of them were already closed. Something suddenly caught his attention. He takes a proper look from the rearview mirror. A familiar girl is standing alone at the bus stop. Suho glances at the digital clock. What is she doing this late, bus service was already stopped an hour ago, he thought. He drives in reverse, approaching the standing girl.

Suho rolls down the window at the passenger side. "What are you doing this late? Come up." He says.

Her sulking expression turns bright when she realizes the owner of the voice that has just spoke to her. She walks to the car and gets inside.

She was about to open to speak but Suho interrupted her. "What are you doing there alone? Don't you know it's so late and dangerous for a girl like you in such a quiet place like this." Suho doesn't know why he suddenly had the urge to scold her. It's true though, the place is a bit quiet, there's not much people around. There are some soju places in the corner of the street, so the girl could probably bump to some drunkard.

Her bright expression turns back to the sulking one. "Why did you ask me to come if you were just going to scold me?" She asks, then turns her body to open the door, but Suho quickly locked it.

"Where's your address, I'll bring you home." He lowers his tone, feeling a bit guilty after seeing her sad face.

"I can go by myself, please open the door." She answers, without even looking at him. Then Suho just pushes the pedal and drives the car back to the wide road.

They both are silent along the way before finally Suho decided to break it. He turns the wheels to one of the fast food restaurant that coming across his mind. "Since you're not telling me your address, I'm going to eat first rather than driving randomly." He parks the car. "Are you coming with me or not?" He asked before turning off the engine. She doesn’t answer him. Suho glances at her and realizes that she doesn't bring a bag. She just holds her phone and keeps silent. He goes out from the car.

The girl thought that he is going to leave her at the car alone before realized that the door was opened and he is standing beside her. "Come on, I'm hungry." He tugs her fabric. The girl seems a bit surprised at the change of his attitude. She just had that feeling of a man worrying over her before, and he suddenly changed into a whiny boy.

"You seem a lot hungrier than me." Suho chuckles as he watches her taking a bite of her beef burger hungrily. She just grins shyly at him. "You haven't answered my question. What are you doing there alone earlier?"

"I was waiting for my boyfriend." She answers. Suho could see her face turns sad. "No, my ex-boyfriend for now." She heaves a deep sigh. "I was waiting for him. I didn't drive since I thought that he would drive me home after the meeting. He asked me to have a dinner at a certain restaurant but he never come. When I called him, the one that received the call was a girl. And she said she is his girlfriend."

"And why did you still wait for him?"

"Ah, listen to me first I haven't finished." She whines cutely. "Then after that I went out from the restaurant and walked randomly. I was probably zoning out, the place is really quiet, I didn't even realize that someone was tailing me. I ran but he chased me. I was so scared I kept running."

A worried feeling grows inside him. "Are you alright?" He asks her with a serious tone.

The girl nodded to him before she continues. "I was so tired, I stopped to take a breath, then he caught me. He quickly grabbed my bag. I didn't have enough strength to chase him, so I just let him go. I was so relieved he didn't touch me and just took my bag." Her eyes are b with tears. "I didn't even able to call anyone since my phone was out of battery. I'm so scared." A tears rolls down her cheek.

Suho takes her hand and holds it. "It's okay, you're safe with me now."

"I was so relieved to see you, but then you scolded me." She whines like a kid. Suho just laughs at her.

Suho tries to keep the conversation going to relieve the stress. The girl really looks scared when she retold the things that happened to her earlier, but now she looks like a hungry kid that eat everything in front of her. It is so different from the first time she appeared in front of him, with all her lady-like gestures. And somehow, it is slowly changing Suho's perspective on her.

 

 

 

 

"Thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter