His Thoughts

Perfect, Beautiful, Exotic

A/N: Shortish chapter so please forgive me >< There's an interesting note after you finish this chapter though! Read it if you'd like <3

AUTHOR POV 


The atmosphere at dance camp for the others was nice. It was the last night of it all, and earlier they had toasted a success to a great dance camp. A few of the members had left to sleep or hang elsewhere but Sehun and his close friends stuck around the fire Chanyeol made yet again.

Sehun looked around the circle and observed his friends who were enjoying the warmth coming from the cackling flames in the center of the sand.

Chaerin was sitting on Chanyeol's lap and giggling as the tall boy was probably whispering silly and corny jokes in her ear.

Lay had his eyes half closed and seemed to be enjoying the ambience and sounds of the cackling fire and also the waves nearby the shore. Or maybe he was just trying hard not to fall asleep.

Baekhyun had fallen asleep on Lay's shoulder but had shifted in his sleep and was now sprawled on the sand with his mouth open, light snoring coming from his mouth.

Kai had left earlier, saying he had some sort of phone call to make that to that 'girlfriend' of his and would be back with more drinks soon.

 

Sehun didn't mind, as he, like Lay, enjoyed the nice ambience and vibe of the campfire accompanied by the beach. The empty spot next to him reminded him that his best friend was missing however. It made Sehun flashback to memories of his first year of highschool, and why he became friends with Luhan.

 

He was an outcast.

 

Most if not all of the freshman at SM High school sticked together and some most likely knew each other from middle school which led to friendship groups forming right away. Sehun had a few classmates from the same middle school attending the same Uni as him. It was a shame he never bothered to talk to them however. His only friend had moved to Japan for highschool and had limited contact with Sehun, leaving him to face life at  highschool alone. Making friends wasn't easy for him. He had great levels of social anxiety and many people mistook his silence as weird. Whenever he did speak people would just be shocked momentarily but then continue on with their normal lives. This continued on for over a month until, one day, as he was making his way past the sporting hall way, someone tapped his shoulder.

He turned around immediately, and was met with the eyes of a boy with red hair, and he looked Chinese. He was smiling.

'Can I help you?'
 

'Hi! What's your name?'

'Sehun....' he answered with a frown.

'I'm Luhan.' the boy said still smiling.

'Okay?' He blinked.

'So what are you doing here?' 

'What am I doing here? What do you mean?' Sehun briefly eyed their surroundings. They were in the hall of the sports building.

'I see you walking past here everday, glancing into the dance club room every so often. Do you know someone there?'

Sehun widened his eyes slightly before composing himself.

 

Somebdy noticed him?

 

When he didn't answer, the other boy spoke again.

'Do you like to dance?'

Sehun nodded slowly.

'Cool, so why don't you join the club with me?!' 

'What?'

'I've been meaning to join and drag a few of my classmates to join so I don't look like an idiot. But none of them want to try.' The red head pouted. 'So will you join with me?'

Sehun stared at the boy in front of him for a moment before nodding.

'Okay.'

'Great!' The boy named Luhan grinned. 'So meet me here tomorrow straight at 4. That's when the dance club meets.'

And then the boy skipped off happily out of sight while Sehun just stood where he was, dumbfounded. 

 

That particular memory made Sehun smile big to himself as he stared at the fire. The reason he has all these friends around him now, the reason he was able t start dancing and the reason he was able to gain more confidence and self esteem.
 

It was Luhan.

 

Even though Luhan had plenty of friends and was very good at socialising, he still picked Sehun as his best friend. 

 

They had been through so much together. Sehun couldn't count how many times he had to cheer up Luhan because of conflicts and breakups with girls in the past. And Luhan probably couldn't count how many times he took care of Sehun when he got drunk and needed to safely get home. 

As long as Sehun could remember, Luhan really wanted a girl who could understand him for who he was and not for his looks. Sehun promised he would help find her. Luhan always chuckled at this and joked that it would be funny if they fancied the same girl. Sehun was always dead serious that he'd give the girl to him if that were ever the case because he didn't know how to repay Luhan any other way.



'Are you thinking about those two still?'



Sehun was interrupted in his thoughts as he looked up to see Kai sitting in the empty spot next to him and tossing him an open beer. He had just relived such a nice memory in his head and now his friend was reminding him of why he felt kind of empty for most of the night.
 

'What do you mean?' Sehun questioned before taking a big gulp.

'That concentrated face you have.' Kai pointed at Sehun's face with his chin.' It's either your family, relationships or Luhan problems.'

'Since when are you my therapist?' Sehun raised his eyebrow. 'No, I was just thinking about Lu.'

Kai gave him a strange look.

'So..you're in love with BOTH Minzy and Luhan? That's deep.'

'What is it with you all? Can't I have a girl in my life that is simply NOT my girlfriend?' Sehun rubbed his forehead and sighed.

'Easy.' Kai lifted his arms up in defence. 'It's just that I think everyone wants to know what's really going on with you two? You don't seem to be keeping her as a buddy, and you don't seem to be trying to keep her away from Luhan so she can't be a bad person to you.'

'She's a good girl.'

'It's weird hearing you say that about a girl.' Kai grinned. 'But I'm not surprised. She is a good girl and you seem to be supportive of Lu and her somehow. That's why you didn't stop them from going out tonight.'

Sehun's face dropped for a second hearing that last sentence but thankfully it seemed that Kai hadn't caught it. 

'I'm interested in the chemistry of those two.' Sehun smirked and Kai only laughed before finishing his drink and heading off to grab another. Sehun stared deeply at the flames in front of him. 

 

No, he was not sure why his best friend decided to surprise them by showing up and then all of a sudden invite Minzy to drive back to the city with him at night. What did he even come for? Did he even think of asking his best friend if he wanted to join? And also why did both of them not even say bye to him before they left? Why didn't Minzy even leave him a text?

There were so many questions in Sehun's mind but there was one in particular that bothered him the most.


Why did he suddenly feel like punching someone?


----

A/N: Hello again and hope you don't mind the short chapter but I managed to update again without being on hiatus for 19738 years =) Suddenly I wanted to read stories again and it gave me inspiration to pick up my drafts. I'm not sure If I mentioned it in this story or a different story, but somewhere in my author's notes I teased that I was writing a story with a multiple main cast! I've actually kept that story on draft mode for a whole year because I spent days writing endless content but had trouble linking things together because I've never done anything like it before >< So I left it there in hopes that I would pick it up one day and it's finally here! I've started writing again and I'm so excited for it. It needs some twerks here and there but I'm hoping it becomes a hit and you guys like my new approach. 

-Kiseki