Goodbyes Can Hurt Other People Involved

You Are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

"You are a shopaholic Min?" Key asked as before he sipped his chocolate smoothie.

Taemin laughed as he explained. "Yes, all because I lived in poverty. Today that I can earn my own money without anyone's help, I am buying the things I can't afford years ago."

"Poverty? But your skin looks flawless." commented Key, that made Taemin have a grin on his face.

"I lived in the orphanage ever since I am born. and, my skin is naturally like this"

"Oh."

"Since I 'graduated' from the orphanage, I supported myself... I studied hard to get a scholarship and well, I got my college diploma at age 18. Just last year."

"You skipped a grade?" Key gasped.

"Grades you mean. When I told you I am going to a university, that is not fully true. I am going to a dance school thrice a week or when I have a chance to go out early from my working shifts. I only get rest at weekends and when I can go to church, I will. I am a busy person."

"I am impressed with you. You are very amazing Taemin."

"So when someone said I am working just to flirt, that just added insult to the injury." Taemin rolled his eyes.

"Who said that? I will butcher him to pieces." Key retorted

Jonghyun butted in, "I already told you I'm sorry, I even bought you 12 bottles of banana milk and lend you money for groceries from my credit card. Isn't that enough?"

"Jjong?" Key looked at Jonghyun, "You never lend people money, and besides, you still have debt in your card. And you never say sorry to others."

"Well I ate to his house for 2 days anyway so that is a sign of my gratitude." He explained, and by Key's looks at him, he knows he didn't make a reasonable explanation.

"You do?" Taemin was shocked. "Oh hyung wait a minute." Taemin fished out money from his pocket. "I borrowed about 10000 won from you so here is it." "N-no Taemin, you don't need to." Jonghyun pushed back the money at the younger. "No hyung, I insist." Key did have enough and grabbed the money from Taemin. "Min-ah, thank you." He smiled but when he turned to Jonghyun, he gave him a glare that says "we need to talk."

 

"Stop pulling me." Jonghyun said as he dragged back his wrist. "What did Taemin mean? You lend him money? And now you don't want to take it? Why? You are never that kind Jjong." Key said  "Volume down, we are in the CR, someone might hear us." Jonghyun answered unwittingly and Key shook his head. "You changed."

 

"Stop running like an idiot." Key said as Jonghyun kept on running like a child who wants to cross the street. "I think I saw Shin Sekyung on the other side of the road!"

"How dare he act like that over a celeb on front of me." Key sighed at Taemin. "Yah! Be careful at crossing!" Key shouted. Jonghyun is too excited and at a state of euphoria that he didn't notice a taxi rushing on front of him.

"JONGHYUN-AH!"

"Ehhh?" Jonghyun looked back, and now he noticed the taxi. In a split second, a figure from the crowd ran towards him and pushed him to safety,

"AHHHHH!" Key shrieked, waiting for what will happen next.

"TAEMIN!" Jonghyun closed his eyes, not ready to see his saviour being hit.

As he opened his eyes, he saw the taxi just a few centimeters away from Taemin, who stood there like a pillar of stone. Conscious. The taxi stopped on time.

"Taeminnie, are you okay?" Jonghyun tried shaking Taemin who still stood there on the middle of the street. Key stood there at the side, shocked also by the situation, and at Jonghyun. "He called him 'Taeminnie'."

Taemin, unable to process what he just did and what happened, collapsed into Jonghyun's arms.

================================================================================

"I don't know what to do when something bad happens to him." Jonghyun sobbed as Key held his cold hand, shaking and trembling.

"Jjong." Key  hugged his boyfriend, forgetting the pain of his boyfriend crying over someone.

"I'm sure the one from above won't let something bad happen to a kind person like Taemin. Just wait for the doctor to go out." Key tried his best to smile and give his lover strength.

"How are you related to the patient?" The doctor asked and Key answered, "He," pointing at Jonghyun, "is the patient's boyfriend." Jonghyun gave him a stare but Key's face remained smiling.

The doctor looked at Jonghyun. "The patient collapsed because of shock but he is now okay. Can I ask you Mr..."

"Kim Jonghyun."

"Jonghyun-sshi, is he being stressed these days? Or is he not eating and having enough rest? His immune system is very weak."

"I don't know, I just know he is a busy person."

"And he keeps saying your name all over again. He can go home tomorrow." the doctor added, and Key looked at Jonghyun.

"Jjong-ah, go inside. Maybe he is waiting for you." Key smiled. "What about you?" "It's enough to know that he is awake. I'm going home." Key said as he turned away.

 

"Hyung-ah!" Taemin smiled as Jonghyun entered the ward. "Taemin!" Jonghyun rushed to the younger and hugged him tight. "I can't breath hyung." Taemin coughed and Jonghyun pulled away, only to give the other a kiss on the forehead. "I am glad you are okay. I had been worried to you." Taemin blushed on the spot and covered his face so Jonghyun won't notice it. "Why are you covering your face?" Jonghyun asked oblivious of what is the impact of what he has done to Taemin. "Nothing hyung." Taemin answered as he felt his face heat up more. Jonghyun pulled Taemin's hands and saw the other's face tomato red while avoiding his gaze.

"Me and my dirty mouth, I'm sorry." Jonghyun scratched his nape as he felt blood rushing south as he saw Taemin's cute expression. "So where is Key hyung?" Taemin tried changing the topic. "He went home already." Jonghyun answered. "Wae?" "I don't know. Anyway... The doctor said you have a very weak immune system. Don't you take care of yourself? Stop overworking and overpracticing." Jonghyun looked at Taemin who is currently thinking of excuses.

"Taemin, I quite know you now. Stop thinking of another excuse. Anyway you can be released tomorrow."

"Hyung, you sc

Please log in to read the full chapter