[ ☆ ] 006.

Moonlight.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♔ Chapter 6 ♔

 

My thoughts and focus were cut short as I felt the cold chill on my left arm.

Leave me alone, I'm working. 

I smiled to my patient and his mother as I pulled up his files. "Can you tell me what's wrong, little guy?" I looked to the child as he pointed to his stomach before his mother stepped in and spoke for him. "Recently, he has had stomach pain. He's also had a fever." I nodded whiled typing the details into the laptop before turning my head back to this mother. "And how long has he had this stomach pain?" His mother looked to her son then to me, "About three days? He's had a fever for about a week now." 

My nose scrunched up as I tilted my head to the right in thought. I got up and placed gloves onto my hands as I looked to the boy. Pulling out my stethoscope, I commanded the child to breathe in and out deep breaths. I smiled to him as a sign of well respiratory. "I'm just going to check your throat and ears, is that okay?" The boy nodded as I smiled and placed on one of the disposable tube for the otoscope. I began to examine his ears before moving to his throat as I threw away the tube. "Say 'ah' for me?" The child complied as I smiled. 

"Well, mom," I say putting a hand to the child's shoulder, "his ears show no signs of infection; however, his throat is a bit swollen. Has he been coughing a lot lately?" She shook her head as she looked to her son, who also shook his head. I nodded and turned to the laptop to record the symptoms and such into it. And that was when I noticed Joonmyun standing there. 

"Oh, please." he says, "they can't even see me, only you can."

Joonmyun, what are you doing here? 

"What? I can't see how my wife is doing?" He asked as he moved in a little closer allowing me to sigh and roll my eyes.

No, and I'm not your wife.

"Well," he exaggerated, "technically you are since we intimently did it." He claims, reminding me the day last month about my sudden disappearance that left my family worried.

Sighing once more, I turned around and smiled. "Hey, buddy, can you lay down for me?" The boy nodded as he laid down. I walked over and stood in front of him. "I'm going to apply pressure to your stomach, it'll be quick, okay?" He nodded as I applied the pressure to his stomach as I moved around in a circular motion. "I don't see anything wrong with his stomach." I say in question as I stopped. "Oh," I say applying a bit more pressure to the center of his stomach. "there seems to be a lump here." I say, concerning his mother.

I took off my gloves as I turned to his mother, smiling reassuringly to her. "I'm sure there's nothing wrong with him, mom, but to be safe. I do recommend that he gets it x-rayed." The mother nodded as she spoke of doing anything to have her son safe and healthy. I nodded, "If it's alright, I would like to write a note stating for your son to get an x-ray to see what's the lump in his stomach?" 

"I'm fine with anything, Dr. Kim. I trust you with my child in your hands." I smiled as I entangled my hands together. "Then I'll be right back with that note." 

I sighed and walked out the door making my way down to the main desk. "Nani, can you do me a favor?" She looked up from her paperwork and smiled, "Sure, anything, Dr. Kim." I smiled and leaned a bit closer to the desk. "I need you to write a note for my patient Yoon Minjun? This note needs to be specified that I authorized him to get an x-ray for his stomach. There's a lump in the center of his stomach and I'm a bit concerned." Nani nodded as she pulled out a notepad and a pen, taking notes. "I'll get right on it." 

I nodded and removed myself from leaning on the desk. "Once you're done, please bring it into my office." I turned and walked about a few inches to the left towards the entrance of my office. I sighed as I logged into my desktop, sitting down on the chair before flipping through the book of numbers that relate to important affiliates. "Need help?" A voice asked allowing me to jump and look up, only to notice Joonmyun sitting in front of my desk. "Goodness, Joonmyun, don't do that." 

He chuckled and shook his head as my eyes lifted up to look at him while my head was still down. "Can you please leave me alone? I'm trying to work here." I say as I found the number I was looking for. 

As I waited for the number to dial, I motioned a finger to my lips indicating to Joonmyun not to speak to me. "Oh yes, hi. This is Dr. Kim, pediatrician on the floor two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter