[ ☆ ] 003.

Moonlight.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♔ Chapter 3 ♔

 

Since the first encounter with Joonmyun - or Jenny's guardian angel - the feeling of fear I had for him grew more each day. However, Jenny herself did give me a few tips in surviving him. 

"Aunty, what's wrong?" My eyes trailed to my niece whom I was babysitting again. I smiled and shook my head.

"Nothing, sweetheart. I was just thinking." She could see that I was not okay. "You're not okay though." Jenny is exactly like Minseok, himself; always seeing something through the eyes of a person. 

"Did Joonmyun scare you, aunty?" I gave her an uncomfortable look and she knew that was my answer. She frowned and crawled up into my lap and laid her head on my chest. 

"Don't fear him, aunty. He'll feed off of it. And don't run, he'll find you easily." I looked at her, her hair. I would do so, but I'm just a chicken. Always scared to admit things and Joonmyun himself is something I fear the most in this lifetime. 

"I will, honey." I say. 

I sat still on the couch while bitting rims of my thumb's nail. It was almost dark and Joonmyun is no where seen. I discovered that he will only come out upon the shining light of the moon; moonlight. Then he will leave when the sun starts to show itself. 

"Aunty Na Mi!" The little voice shouted throwing me out of my thoughts. I looked to the left and smiled, "Jenny!" I shouted in return as she came running forth. I looked and smiled at the person who had brought her; my best friend. "Hey, Baek." I say. He nodded with a smile as he closed the front door behind him before he collapsed himself on the couch suddenly shivering. 

"Why is it so cold?" He asked. I looked over to him with Jenny in my arms. She shook her head with a frown, "Uncle Baekie, you're sitting on Joonmyun!" My eyes widen and walked over to Baekhyun, kicking his leg. "Move over. You're sitting on her friend." Baekhyun chuckled and moved over a few seats down.  And what frightens me was that Joonmyun was sitting beside me for quite some time that I didn't notice the coldness before. 

I sighed and placed Jenny on the opposite side of Baekhyun whereas I sat beside Baekhyun and threw my legs over his. He gave me a short look then patted them. "What are you stressing about?" He asked my head shook side to side as forcefully force a smile. "I'm all good, I'm just tired." 

Lies. 

He gave me another look, and he was reading right through me because he was buying it. He shook his head, "You're not. When you're tired, you whine like a kid. Tell me, what's really up?" I leaned in closer to him and squinted my eyes as he did the same. "Are you sure you really want to know what's up?" I asked him. He nodded his head as he squinted his eyes a bit more. I opened my mouth and closed it again. A grin grew within my lips. 

"The sky, is what's up," I say. He moved back and groaned. "You little !" He exclaimed loud enough for the two of us to hear. He pushed my legs off of him and sighed in fake frustration. My laughter increased with every groan he ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter