The Happy Days

Little Bambies

The alarm clock on his bedside rang at 7 in the morning, forcing the blonde man to  reach out and turn it off. When the alarm stopped beeping, Sehun closes his eyes again, mentally begging for 5 more minutes like every other human beings in the morning. It's like that every morning, the difference would be the two angels on sleeping on his chest.

Their sight almost make Sehun jump in surprise. Thankfully his brain slowly replayed yesterday's events, reminding him of who they are. Hoon and Hannie. The two monsters in disguise as angels.

Hannie is smiling sweetly in her sleep. Her cheeks are rosy (despite the early morning), her eyelashes flutter every now and then, and her nose would wrinkles cutely. Her little hands are gripping Sehun's shirt tightly, snuggling into half of Sehun's chest happily.

Then there's Hoon. The boy moves a lot in his sleep and somehow managed to climb up to Sehun's chest from his original sleeping position. His hair is messy like a bird's nest but he still looks good. His lips are pouting cutely, letting out a whimper or two like a sleeping puppy. His hands balled on top of Sehun's chest.

Sehun was about to coo at the sight of him, but then he noticed the pool of drool on his shirt under Hoon's chin.

"I pity your mama, kids." he sighed.

He slowly sit up, shifting Hoon and Hannie on his bed while he got up his bed and head to the bathroom in his bedroom to shower. Morning showers are the ones that Sehun likes the most. It wakes him up and freshen him up at the same time. He took his time, enjoying the cold water running through his skin.

The blonde CEO got out of the bathroom with white towel around his waist. His hair still wet and water drips from the tip of his hair, creating a slight trail from the bathroom to his wardrobe. Sehun sighed at the sight of Hoon still sleeping soundly on his bed. He took out his undies, white t-shirt, and his suit for the day-

Wait, where's Hannie?!

Without thinking much, Sehun ran outside his bedroom to look for Hannie. If Baekie ever finds out that he lost her best friend's daughter, she'll kill Sehun for sure this time.

Relief flows down from the tip of his hair to his toe the moment he saw Hannie sitting down on the dining table, hair messy from sleep but a sweet fresh morning smile etched on her pretty little face. In front of her are three plates with toasts on each plate and glasses of milk.

"Hannie! You scared me! I thought you're gone!" Sehun scolded lightly, taking a seat across the little girl.

"Good mowrning, Sehunnie!" she greeted him cutely.

Sehun ruffled her hair and smile weakly. He look back to the toasts on the table, wondering how in the world can Hannie work out the toaster to make breakfast for him. He himself isn't even sure where the toaster is in his own apartment.

"Don't just look at the toasts, Oh Sehun. Eat it." another voice joined in. It's a woman's voice this time. Sehun look up from his toast to greet the woman.

"Good morning, Nanny Kim." he greeted her dazedly. The woman smiled warmly, slouching down to pinch Hannie's cheek, making her giggle.

Nanny Kim is the Oh family's most trustworthy housekeeper. The woman has worked for the Oh long before Sehun is even born. She takes care of Sehun when Mrs. Oh is gone when he is little. She's almost like Sehun's second mother. Now, she comes to his apartment in the morning every weekdays to clean up the mess that the blonde immature man made. Despite the fact that she's already in her early 50s, she's still capable of doing all that perfectly.

"Hannie made Sehunnie Nutella toast!" Hannie grinned, showing off her rows of perfect teeth, eyes beaming telling Sehun to try her breakfast. Nanny Kim stands next to her chair, body leaning on Hannie's chair, cooing at the girl.

Sehun look down to his toast. He saw the Nutella jar next to Hannie's arm, but he see none on the toast. He smiled to Hannie, thanking her for making breakfast for him (he has to admit that it was pretty cute). She watches him in expectation as he sliced his toast with his bread-knife and put it inside his mouth. To his surprise, the toast does taste like Nutella. "This is good. H-how?"

Hannie smiled sweetly, clapping along with Nanny Kim when Sehun praised her self-made breakfast. The CEO decided to look at the toast again, closely this time. Now he can see the Nutella under the toast, piling on the plate. He burst out laughing instantly.

"Cute isn't it? Hannie made it herself. Thank her." Nanny Kim smiled, patting Hannie's back. Hannie looks excited with the fact that Sehun loves her breakfast.

"Thank you, Hannie." he said with a smile. Nutella first then the toast. How innocent.

The chair next to Sehun's made a screeching sound as it moves backwards. Hoon climbed up the chair and sit beside Sehun quietly, still looking dazed with his eyes only half opened. When Nanny Kim saw him, she made a shocked gasp before running to the kitchen; startling Sehun. The twins paid no attention at that.

"Gege, toast!" Hannie told her brother brightly.

With interest, Sehun watches Hoon pick up his toast from the plate. Then, the smartass boy dip his toast into the pool of Nutella on his plate before biting off the part with the Nutella with his teeth and swallow it. This made Sehun wonder how often has the little boy eat his sister's made breakfast to get so used to it.

Breakfast passed by quietly. The twins attempt to take their dishes to the kitchen like the good kids they are, but unfortunately they're not strong enough for Oh Sehun's expensive heavy plates. Sehun told them to go along and play or something while he wash the dishes. The twins jump around happily and ran to the spare room to get their toys.

Sehun chuckled as he collected the dirty plates on the dining table and stack them up before he take it to the kitchen. He put the three dirty plates next to the sink where his Nanny Kim is washing fruits. Sehun eyed her weirdly.

"Fruits?"

"Explain who those kids are to me first, Oh Sehun." she said sternly, completely different than when the kids were there. She pinched Sehun's ear, making the latter scream.

"Ouw! Nanny that hurts!" he complained, rubbing his red ear.

"You deserves it! You impregnate some lady from a one night stand did you?!" she whacked Sehun on the head with her knuckles. "Oh Sehun! I thought your parents and I taught you better than this! I thought you're a gentleman!"

"I didn't!" Sehun defended himself while rubbing his head. "Chanyeol's friend got into an accident and he asked me to take care of these kids until he can find someone else for them."

That only earned him another whack on the head. "I raised you from you were a baby along with your parents! How dare you lie to me?!"

"I didn't lie! Test me! I'll stare into your eyes to prove it!"

Nanny Kim stared into Sehun's eyes, trying to see if it will shake under her pressure. It didn't. She sighed and went back to washing fruits in the sink with Sehun staying next to her. "The boy looks exactly like you, Sehun-ah. I was so surprised! I really thought he is your son the moment I look at his face."

It doesn't really mean that she's not suspicious of it at all.

Sehun chuckled lightly. "As embarrassing as it is, I'm riding solo for the past four years."

The old woman chuckle along with him. She's happy to see Sehun at least smiling genuinely. Over the past four years, she rarely seen him smile or laugh. Not that she herself is able to smile. Lulu was a part of the family and Nanny Kim already loves her so much. It's not any of their faults that they broke apart - maybe they're just not right for each other.

"I entered your cage-so-called-apartment this morning to find an adorable girl looking around the living room with sleepy eyes. I asked her name and if she's lost - she said she's home but she cannot find Sehunnie. She looks a lot like someone I know. But I can't put my finger on it. Hannie is a really cute girl." Nanny Kim told him.

"Yeaa, Hannie is the adorable bubbly twin. Hoon, her twin brother is more of the cool manly bad boy type; he's emotionless most of the time but he's also adorable at times." Sehun told her like a proud father.

Drying her hands with a clothe, Nanny Kim put her hands on her hips. "No way. Oh Sehun don't tell me you're already feeling some affection for these kids!"

"I do not!" Sehun declined the statement a little too fast, not noticing the ghost of grin forming on Nanny Kim's lips. "It's a simple act of help. I'm gonna call Chanyeol to the office and ask him to pick the twins up today. Speaking of which, I'll be late."

"Yeah, you should get going. I'll help you get the twins ready for the day." she smiled warmly at Sehun.

Grinning sheepishly, Sehun slouched down to give his second mother a hug. "You're the best, Nanny!"

 

If the twins are already amazed just by Sehun's apartment, they're overwhelmed by Sehun's office. The doorman greeted Sehun and the twins a good morning as they walk side by side to the office's entrance. Hoon is holding on Sehun's left hand while Hannie is holding his right. The receptionist lady cooed at the sight of them before bowing to Sehun politely. The twins bowed back politely to her, warming up Sehun's heart with their cute little action.

"Sehunnie, can I meet Snow White here?" Hannie asked when they walked in the elevator.

"Snow White? No. What makes you think that?" Sehun is bewildered to say the least.

"Snow White lives in castle! This is a castle, right?" she asked cheerfully.

The CEO laughed at the little girl. "Maybe you can meet her if you behave until Chanyeol picks you up."

Hannie skips her way out a little too happily when the elevator door opens. They walk along the hallway quietly. Hoon's mouth is gaping adorably while admiring the big frame of pictures on the wall. They entered Sehun's office at the end of the hallway. His office is the biggest of all the other offices since he is the CEO.

The twins ran around Sehun's private office. Sehun pressed the light switch on to light up the room. Both Hoon and Hannie took great interest in his gigantic bookshelves, desk, and couches, and even his fish bowl at the corner of his office. The CEO then took out his phone to call up his secretary so he can report the company's activities of the month. Yet, his eyes keep watching the two kids. 

Hoon jumped up on the big black boss chair behind the mahogany desk hardly. He picked up a pen from its holder and pretend to write on the desk though his arms are still too short to reach the desk. Sehun laughed and sat on the chair on the other side of the office desk. 

"CEO Hoon of Oh Enterprises, I'm at your service."

"I want you ABCD Sehunnie of Oh Entwrwirywryces to give me mango pudding." Hoon played along. He chuckled happily, picking up the phone before talking to the fake person on the other line of the phone.

Even if it's hard to believe, this is actually the first time he saw Hoon expressing himself so openly since yesterday.

He look for Hannie and found her sitting nicely on the couch with a book which he's pretty sure she doesn't understand anything about (Sehun doesn't understand it either). The book was in the bookshelf and usually Sehun doesn't let people touch it; it was Lulu's. Something she forgot to take with her when she left, just like how she forgot to take Sehun along.

And for some odd reasons, it feels like Hannie is resembling Lulu right now.

 


So many paper works are piling up on his desk and Sehun feels so suffocated. Yet he cannot show his frustration because he wants to look like the perfect hardworking husband in front of Lulu. The said girl came to the office personally to give him a lunch box she made despite her own busy job as a vocal trainer (Sehun doesn't want her to take hard jobs).

Sehun couldn't hold it anymore and decided to sneak a peek at Lulu. The chinese beauty is in her casual clothes, reading a magazine on the couch. Sehun smiled, his elbow on his desk to support his head as he lazily admire his perfect wife.

Maybe she felt the heavy stare and look up from the magazine "Oh Sehun, shouldn't you be working?"

"Why are you so perfect?" he asked dreamily.

"Come on, Sehun-ah. You need to focus on your work. If you finish early then we can eat dinner out tonight." she smiled brightly and Sehun felt his heart skip a beat.

"But Luuu! Can't I just stare at you all day long? I'm tired of this stupid reports!" Sehun pouted. "What are you looking at anyway?"

After hours of sitting down, Sehun stand up from his chair and stretched his tensed muscles. He walked to the couch, plopping down next to his wife and planted a sloppy kiss on her cheek. Lulu chuckled when Sehun took off his annoying suit and put his arm around her shoulder.

"What are you reading about?" he asked, resting on the couch.

"Top 5 most successful Asian CEOs." Lulu answered simply, showing the article to Sehun.

Sehun smirks and took the magazine from Lulu to flip it, looking for his name. On the pages of the magazine, they stated the CEO's name, a profile picture under it, a bio, and his or hers achievements all throughout the years for their companies. 

The blonde CEO put his head on his wife's shoulder while reading the articles. The first most successful CEO in Asia is a middle aged man. His profile picture is of him and his family of five, all smiling brightly at the camera. On his bio it says, 'Without them, I'll never make it this far. They're my world.' which Sehun thinks is really moving.

The second, third, and fourth CEOs are probably in their mid 30s or 40s. They're really inspiring people with amazing achievements. They all put on pictures of them and their families or close friends as a profile picture.

However, as sweet as those are, Sehun is most inspired by the fifth place. He's only 32 years old yet there are a hundred of achievements stated on his list. The man's profile picture is of him kissing a woman who is probably his lover. On the young man bio was written, 'She's the apple of my eye, the one who got me this far and I can't imagine my life without her. I love you, Pumpkin. Will you marry me?'

"Wow this guy's a cheesy romantic!" Sehun laughed. He turned to look at Lulu's reaction to his comment.

"Yeah." Lulu replied softly. Sehun can see the beautiful adoration in her eyes. "He is. I bet his lover is one great woman."

Sehun nodded dumbly, feeling down for some reasons which he cannot really explain. For one, he doesn't know why Lulu's compliment sounds a little like she's saying she's not good enough herself. Two, he felt guilty since he's probably the reason she's feeling this way.

"Hey, cheer up. You're number 11. Look," Lulu flipped to the next page to show Sehun his name on the long list of Asian CEOs.

His name was written next to the number 11. There's no bio, no list of his achievements, and there's no profile picture of him and Lulu like he wants it to be. This plainly annoyed the heck out of Oh Sehun.

"Cheer up, eleventh place in whole Asia is really big!" Lulu squeezed her husband's hand to cheer him up. It worries her when Sehun's face changed gloomy all of the sudden.

"I promise, Lu. Next year, I'll be in Top 5 and you know what? I'm going to put on our wedding picture so the whole world can see my beautiful amazing wife."

"Sehun-" the girl is blushing furiously.

Chuckling at his cute wife, he sat up straight on the couch, throwing his other arm around Lulu's neck. He hugs her tightly, kissing her neck once or twice in the process. Sehun smirked when he heard Lulu mutter something that's most likely to be a complain yet she didn't push him away. He hides his face in her hair, breathing in her minty scent that always drives him crazy. Sehun hopes time would stop just then.

"You know I'm working hard all this time, right?"

"I know." Lulu smiled into Sehun's shoulder. "And I'm proud of you. I love you."

"I love you too, Luhannie."

That day, in his heart, Sehun swears to work harder so that he can be make his wife prouder. As childish as it sounds, he wants his name on the Top 5 list. He wants to put a picture of himself and Lulu on that magazine and brags to the whole world about his amazing woman that has his back all this time. He wants to see that smile and adoration in Lulu's face when she saw their picture on the magazine.

Sehun's ambition grew stronger as the days go by. He works harder than he used to. Sometimes he would stay late in his office or not go home at all to finish all the work he can manage. He even goes to parties that he doesn't like to attract clients. It gives him headaches and stress, but for Lulu, everything will be worth it.

 


"Sir, this is this month's file." the sound of his secretary giving him a big file broke his little mind trip to the past.

He snapped out of it and told Hoon to move over to the couch and play with Hannie while he do his work. His secretary is looking at the twins confusedly the whole time. Hoon jumped down and join Hannie on the couch.

"Sorry about that." he said, patting his suit to straighten it. He moved to his black chair and grab the pen that Hoon used earlier. He opened the file to check it over. "Anything wrong this month?"

"The MM Project, the resort we planned to build is having some problems, sir. You see, the budget targeted for this resort is already fixed without having to use some more of the company's assets. But some miscalculation happened and we're short by 20 million won."

"20 million won?! How could miscalculation miss that much? Bring this file back to the financial department and all responsible for the MM Project, schedule a meeting for tomorrow. We'll see if we miss something." Sehun said sternly. "You're dismissed."

The poor shaking young secretary guy bowed politely to Sehun before sprinting out to announce how unhappy Sehun is with the news. Sehun is never the type to blow out while he's mad, but him being silently angry is even scarier for his employees. Unexpected things happen when he's mad.

Sehun groaned and started rubbing his forehead to dismiss the pain in his head. Hoon and Hannie walk to Sehun's side and stare at his frustrated face with their doe eyes, seeming worried. They took Sehun's hand, forcing him to stand up from his seat and push him to the couch they occupied earlier.

The blonde CEO only look at them in confusion. "What are you two doing?"

Hannie then surprised him with a sweet peck on his cheek. Sehun touched his kissed cheek and turned faint red. "Sehunnie looks tired. Hoon gege and Hannie will make Sehunnie happy again like mama."

Hoon smiled gently at him and Sehun can feel himself melting into a puddle of goo. The twins put their little hands on Sehun's shoulders and started massaging it with all their might. Sehun closed his eyes and relaxed under their touches, their massages feel surprisingly good.

"Squeeze harder like mama said, Hannie." Hoon exclaimed to his sister. The two began squeezing harder and Sehun smiled happily because it feels even better. Whoever their mom is, Sehun thank her with all his heart because she taught them great.

After a few minutes, Sehun heard Hannie panting from tiredness. Sehun laughed and told the twins to stop. He thanked them sincerely and told them to rest with him instead. The twins plopped down on the couch with him. Within minutes, they're already asleep on each of Sehun's lap. It's their naptime anyway.

Suppressing his laugh, Sehun slowly brush the twins' hair off their faces. He carefully shifted their heads one by one from his lap to the couch pillows. He squatted on the floor, admiring the sleeping toddlers before giving each of them a gentle kiss on the forehead. Sehun can't help but feel touched after all the troubles he caused them.

They should've been playing comfortably at home rather than napping in a boring office room. They deserve better. Sehun sighed and took out his phone to give Chanyeol a call.

 

"The baby-"

"Her name is Chanmi! You can't just call her 'baby'! She has a name!" Baekie practically scared the doctor sitting in front of her. Chanyeol soothed her by caressing her arm gently.

"I-I'm s-sorry." the doctor apologized timidly. Chanyeol almost rolled his eyes when he saw the doctor's hand trembles when giving the sonogram result to Baekie. "Park Chanmi-ssi is growing healthily. But I suggest you to rest more."

"Like how?" Baekie asked.

"For example, you should stop walking up and down the stairs-"

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" Baek glowered, Chanyeol resisting her from behind.

The doctor jumped backwards, his hands trying to cover his head, his eyes closed, and his whole body trembles. "I'M SORRY PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!"

Chanyeol quickly guided Baekie out the room. The woman can be pretty sensitive sometimes. He rubs Baek's back all their way out from the medical centre to the car. Baekie immediately doze off the moment her back touched the passenger seat's back support. He knows that this pregnancy has taken its toll on Baekie.

Smiling, Chanyeol pulled Baek's seatbelt and put it on for her. He slouched down and give Baek's now quite big stomach bump a kiss; whispering how much he loves baby Chanmi at the same time. He's really grateful to have both girls in his life at the moment.

A familiar tune of Mozart's suddenly filled the car, breaking the peaceful silence. Baekie stirred in her sleep, and at one point Chanyeol's afraid she'll wake up. Chanyeol quickly went back to his seat to fish out his smartphone out of his pants pocket. He checked the caller ID before grinning stupidly and chose ignore it.

"Sehun can handle another day."

 

The line on his phone went dead and Sehun knows that either Chanyeol is busy with Baekie's needs or Chanyeol did it on purpose. Sehun guessed it's the latter.

Sighing, he covered the kids' bodies with their jackets he brought from home before walking back to his desk and finish his work. Sehun hopes he can finish them fast enough so the kids won't have to wait for him long after they wake up from their nap.


 

{author's note}

Sorry the story is going a little slow and boring. The next chapter's would be faster and more fun; here comes trouble!

Thanks for my (omg!) 83 subscribers! :) You guys are awesome!
More thanks for my awesome (still omg!) 10 upvoters!
Another thanks for the awesome comments you guys left bellow! It really motivates me and I love reading what you think of this story! Yay!

Next chapter would probably be next month since I'm busy with high school stuffs now! (OMG I'M IN HIGH SCHOOL! HELP!)

So subscribe, upvote, and comment bellow after reading! Tell me what trouble should I bring to this lovely family ..

Thanks for reading :)

P.S The MM Project thing - I couldn't think of names and I was eating M&M at the moment; thank you for understanding.  

 

 

- KPOPMonstahh