Half-ed

Little Bambies

Sehun watches as Hannie absentmindedly play with her Tinkerbell doll on the floor. She looks so bored to the point that the Tinkerbell doll might feel offended. The girl has been quiet since yesterday, showing her tantrum to Sehun. She refused to cuddle with him last night and rejected Sehun's homemade pancake even though it's shaped like a flower - it wasn't easy.

"Hannie-ah, want to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with appa?" he pats the spot on the couch - next to where he's sitting on.

Hannie looked at the TV screen from where she is before shaking her head a few times, playing with her doll again. Sehun frowned, worried because Hannie isn't as bright as usual. Not that he doesn't know what made her like this ..

"Want to go out to the park and get ice cream?"

She shook her head again.

He turn off the TV and stood up from his sitting position. He plopped down on the floor, next to Hannie and picked up another boy-fairy doll which he assumes must be Tinkerbell's boyfriend.

"Hello, Tinkerbell. Peterpan is here!" Sehun said, mimicking Peterpan's voice while making the male doll fly around Hannie.

"That's not Peterpan. That's Terence." Hannie corrected him. She does not sound amused.

Sehun gulped. "S-same thing?"

"No!" Hannie wailed, standing up. "Terence's pants is chocolate, Peterpan's pants is grween!" For no reason, the girl began sobbing loudly, stomping her foot angrily.

Taken aback, the blonde man only stares at his crying daughter. He knows the reason behind his daughter's tears isn't because he failed to differentiate between Peterpan and Terrius or something. Hannie is freaking out inside - confused because she doesn't understand her parents' current situation.

As if naturally, Sehun's arms reached out for Hannie's, pulling her into a hug. Fortunately, Hannie didn't push him away and just let her appa comfort her. The girl continues to sob while hiding her face in her appa's chest. Sehun began rubbing her back in circular motion, hoping to soothe her.

"Why appa take Hannie hewre again?" she slurred out in between her hiccups.

Then Sehun heard something dying in his chest. "W-why? Do you not like it here with appa?" a gulp. "D-do you like mama more?"

 Maybe he did it unconsciously, but his hug around Hannie's small figure loosen up. That hurt feeling from days ago when the girl pulled away from him is coming back - creeping its way to his already lonely heart. Hannie looked up to him with her glassy red eyes, locking her eyes on her appa's empty ones.

"No." Sehun felt oxygen coming back in his lungs when Hannie answered him. "But Hannie want stay with appa and mama and gege. Hannie no want only one."

Her wish is not something completely impossible. But Sehun knows it has a small chance of happening as well. Lulu and him, they're broken - almost beyond repair. They've hurt each other way too much to get back together in such short period of time. Seeing each other is like re-opening injury's stitches.

And Sehun definitely doesn't want Hoon and Hannie to witness their parents in such state.

"Hoon will come and stay here too with Hannie and appa later. We'll be together again in the end, just the three of us! Like how we were." Sehun pecked her cheek as assurance.

"Mama too?"

"Listen, pumpkin," Sehun shifted her onto his lap, putting her dolls away. "there are times when you won't get to meet mama. Mama has things­ to do on her own, so Hoon and Hannie are better to stay with appa."

Sure he felt bad for lying to his daughter, but what can she tell him? Hannie, mama and appa are two broken people with trust-issues who don't want to see each other ever again so you have to stay with one of us - in this case me?

"Why? Mama want sleep long again?"

"K-kind of like that." Sehun lied shakily. Good thing Hannie is still innocent. "You'll see mama once in a while. Just not every day, do you understand?"

"But Hannie miss mama." she whispered to Sehun's ears softly.

.. What can he say if she does?

"We can call mama later tonight if you miss her so badly .." but you can refuse too, Sehun hoped.

But of course Hannie didn't notice a thing. Her eyes light up brightly, making things a hundred times harder for Sehun. "Promise?"

Big sigh. ".. Promise."

"OKAY!" Hannie smiled from ear to ear. "We can go to park and get ice cream now!"

 

"What do you want?"

"Well good morning to you too, Chanyeol."

"No! Good morning to YOU! Chanmi's crying all night and Baek is crying along with her! I haven't gotten any sleep more than three hours a day - you promised to help me out sometimes!"

"Welcome to fatherhood, man." Sehun chuckled when he hear Chanmi's loud wails from the other end of the phone.

"Wait until you get back together with Lulu and get her pregnant with your third baby. I'm not helping you out then."

"Not gonna happen. Hey,-"

"Which one; not getting back together or not getting a third baby?"

"Neither. Hey, give me Lu's phone number."

"I thought you said you don't want to get back together with her?"

"Urgh, Yeol. Text me her damn numbers, please?"

"Only because you said please."

"Great. Now get back to your baby."

"YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!"

 

 

In another apartment, a boy is sulking in the corner of his bedroom with his toy robot in his hand.

Just like the appa in the other apartment, the mama in this apartment is frowning as well. She looked up from the paper works for court she was doing all day to check on her son. Lulu found Hoon sitting on the bedroom carpet, exactly at the darkest spot of the room. She approached the quiet boy and lifted him up to her arms. The boy instinctively wrapped his arms around her neck and rest his head on her shoulder.

She carried the sulking boy to her bedroom and put him down on the bed. Hoon stays quiet while Lulu pulled the bedcover over their body. The woman took her son into her arms, letting him snuggle close to her.

"Mama made cookies. Want one?" Lulu took a cookie and handed it to Hoon after he nodded. "It's late so you can only eat one. You can eat the rest tomorrow, okay?"

Hoon munched on his cookie carefully, knowing Lulu hates crunches on the bed. Luhan kissed his forehead, smiling sadly because her son is miserable (well, not miserable, but in a three-years-old world it's that bad).

"Are you sad because Hannie isn't here?" she started.

Hoon nodded. "Where is Hannie?"

"With appa." Luhan replied sadly.

The blonde boy nodded his head a few times again after that. Then, he's back to silence. He keeps playing with his Buzz Lightyear action figure. If Lulu isn't his mama, she wouldn't have noticed how the boy is actually gloomier than before. Fortunately, as Hoon's mother, Luhan knows what's going on in the boy's little brain.

 

 

 

For the nth time that night, Lulu swayed one and a half month old baby Hannie in her arm, wishing from the bottom of her heart that the girl would stop crying for just a minute - so she can close her eyes and rest for that one minute.

Seeing her daughter in so much discomfort made her eyes teary herself. Where did she go wrong, what made her baby so uncomfortable, why is the girl crying all day long even when she already did everything for her. It's currently almost four in the morning; Lulu isn't sure if she'll make it until morning comes. She hasn't gotten any sleep in days so she'll either have a mental breakdown soon or collapse in her spot.

Around ten minutes later, Hannie finally stopped crying and drifted to sleep in her mama's arms. Lulu can't express how happy she is with words. Wiping her tears away, she made her way to Hoon and Hannie's nursery to lay Hannie down in her own crib after kissing her temple.

Lulu was just about to walk out the room when Hoon whimpered and cried, squirming under his blanket. She tiredly walked next to her son's crib and give him her pointer. The boy took her pointer and wrapped his small fingers around it as he cried.

Unknowingly, Luhan began crying herself. It was frustration tears - she swings his little finger back and forth, hoping to soothe him just from that.

"Please don't cry - be a good boy for mama and keep quiet, okay?"

As if understanding his mama's pleads, the boy's cries slowly fades, only hiccups remain to fill the silence in the nursery room. Hoon closed his eyes and breathed out long breath, calming down. Lulu smiled and pulled her finger away from her son.

Hoon must have gotten used to it by now. Lulu rarely picks him up to soothe him when he cries. She knows that the boy is strong and capable of soothing himself well. He's more like Sehun; look-wise and personality-wise, the boy is independent.

"Thank you, Hoon."

She switched the room's lights off and left for her own bed. She slept for two straight hours that night; a new record in the one month after the twins were born. She thought she deserves at least that one night. But she was wrong.

 

Baekie comes to Luhan's apartment in the mornings to help her with the twins every day.

That morning - on the next day, Lulu was awaken by Baekie's hysteric yells for help. The former sprung up from her short sleep despite being still incredibly sleepy and exhausted. She ran from where Baekie yelled from; which unfortunately is the baby's room.

"L-lu! Look!" Baekie cried out in panic, pointing at Hoon's crib.

Hoon was still in his blanket, sweating really badly with his mouth gaping like a fish, looking like he had trouble breathing. Lulu's heart instantly stopped for a second there. She rushed to him, lifting him up from his crib, only to find his pajamas completely soaked. His eyes are looking at hers, definitely begging her to make him feel better.

A tear escaped from the corner of the baby boy's eyes, yet he did not make any crying sounds.

 

"Please don't cry - be a good boy for mama and keep quiet, okay?"

 

In that moment, Luhan knows she has been unfair to Hoon. Grabbing the emergency baby bag, she ran out the apartment with Hoon in her arms, leaving Hannie to Baekie's care. She knows her baby girl will cry her lungs out when she wakes up without her mama in the house, but Lulu couldn't even worry about her when she took a cab - she couldn't think of anything else other than Hoon right now.

An hour and a half later and Lulu is seated next to Hoon's hospital bed as the boy sleep peacefully in his sterile hospital gown that Lulu hates so much. He was sleeping so comfortably because apparently he did not sleep at all last night after Luhan left him in the nursery. Hoon was too busy holding in his pain and discomfort; being the good boy his bad mama asked him to be.

The doctor declared that it's a miracle the boy didn't get severely ill after catching a slight fever at such young age. He could've gotten dehydrated, ear infection, or worse, brain inflammation. Hoon is strong, even for his age and Luhan couldn’t get more proud of her little fighter. And she couldn’t get more disappointed in herself as well.

While crying silent tears, Lulu pat Hoon's little hair lovingly, kissing his cheeks as gentle as possible. Her little prince is lying sick on a hospital bed and it's all her fault. Her fault because she played favoritism between her twins - being unfair to Hoon for the first month of his life just because; well, looking so much like the man who broke her heart.

Finally admitting it to herself, Luhan honestly hates the fact that Hoon looks so much like Sehun. He was handsome, calm, and perfect; just like how Sehun is. Seeing the boy constantly reminds Lulu of Sehun who broke her heart to pieces and betrayed their love. If Hoon is like Sehun, then he'll betray her when he's all grown up later too. Lulu doesn't want to get hurt anymore. With that thought planted in her subconscious mind, she unconsciously keep distance from her son; letting Baekie hold him when he cries, feeding him in dark-lighted rooms, rarely making physical contacts with him.

When the boy was first brought to her, she disliked him so much - just because he looks like Sehun - she almost give Hoon away to Lay. But at the same time, Lulu doesn't have the heart to part from the handsome boy handed to her.

She used Hannie as an excuse. Because Hannie is fussier, I hold her more. But the fact is that she just want to keep her contact with Hoon to a minimum.

Despite that, Lulu can feel how much her son still loves her. Hoon listens to her well, he rarely cries, and he only smiles at Luhan, nobody else. That, made keeping distance from her son harder.

But now, she doesn't want to keep distance anymore.

The reality of almost losing one of her child is so scary that her tears hasn't stop raining since Hoon was admitted to the hospital. Screw being hurt, losing Hoon will kill me, she cried silently as her hands wrap Hoon's little ones.

"Mama's here. I love you, Hoonie."

 

Ever since that accident, Luhan takes care of Hoon with so much love that Baekie is afraid she'll forget about Hannie this time (which thankfully didn't happen).

Lulu won't admit it until now, but everybody knows her favorite twin is Hoon.

 

 

 

Hoon is insecure. He knows being the older twin comes with responsibility and more expectations. Everybody cares for Hannie more because she's younger. She achieved things before he did. Hannie walked, talked, and managed to wear pants properly before he did. And since the girl is a cute little pumpkin with overloaded bubbliness who everybody adores, Hoon felt a big burden on his shoulder, trying to caught up to his sister.

One evening, Hoon asked his mama to promise not to leave him if he's not good. Not good, as in a disappointment, which he never is. That's when Lulu found out that the older of the twins is afraid that his mama will choose Hannie over him and leave him all alone someday if he did something that does not fulfill her expectations.

(which Luhan still blames herself for until this day)

That's why he cried when left all by himself while Lulu chased Sehun yesterday.

The boy finally has another figure he wants to impress; his appa. So his insecurity is coming back. It's obvious that Hoon is sulking mostly because he thought Sehun chose Hannie over him.

"Appa. Do you like him?" she pats his back gently.

Hoon nodded. "But appa no like me."

Bingo.

"Of course he loves you!" - I hope, Lulu thought. "Mama loves you too. Everybody loves Hoonie."

"Why?"

"Because Hoon is a handsome smart man. He's good at running, dancing, and catching balls. He eats his vegetables every evening, neatly too! Hoon is a cool gege who takes care of his sister every day when mama is busy. Who wouldn't love Hoon?" Lulu exaggerated her tone of speech, kissing Hoon on his temple at the end.

"Then why appa leave Hoon?" he hid his face in the crook of Lulu's neck and started shaking. He's hiding his tears again.

Lulu holds him as he cries, feeling lost for words. Hoonie, I don't even know why he left me, Lulu thought ironically. She whispers soothing words like appa will come for Hoon later (which scares herself afterwards), hoping it would comfort the boy.

"Do you want to dance with mama? It will help you feel better." Lulu suggested, giving Hoon her widest smile.

She jumped off her bed and turn on the stereo, putting on the Disney music album. Not long after, Hoon and Hannie's favorite songs are booming through the walls of the bedroom. Lulu chuckled when she saw Hoon sitting straight up on the bed, wanting to dance but hesitated.

"Stand up, Hoon-ah!" Luhan giggled, pulling Hoon off the bed.

It's true that your children turn your life upside down. When they're upset, you're crushed. When they smile, you're the happiest person alive.

So when Hoon started smiling and dancing, shaking his to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse's Hotdog song, Lulu felt so relieved she almost tear from smiling too wide. They danced to many songs until Hoon got tired. Luhan gladly took the now laughing boy back to the bed with her. She pulled him into a big hug, cuddling him like a teddy-bear.

"I love you, mama."

"I love you too, Hoon-ah."

They're still cuddling with each other when Lulu's phone went off. Reaching for her phone on the nightstand, she saw the numbers she memorized so dearly in the past on her screen. It was an unknown number but Lulu knows well who it is.

Looks like Sehun hasn't changed his numbers since then.

 

"Appa appa appa!" Hannie runs around the bedroom, pretending to be a flying Tinkerbell.

Meanwhile, Sehun is on the bed, bracing himself to press the call button on his phone. He scratches his head in frustration, having a dilemma with himself. If he calls, things are going to be awkward. But if he doesn't call, it means he broke his promise with Hannie and disappoint her.

"Ah I don't know anymore!" he pressed the call button, groaned, thrashed on his bed and went nuts. "Hannie come here quick!"

Hannie climbed up the bed and ran to Sehun, throwing her small body onto her appa's. "Appa call mama?"

"You talk to her." Sehun pouted, pinching the grinning girl's cheeks.

Suddenly the screen turned black for a second before faces of a woman and a boy popped up on the screen. Sehun cursed himself for using video call. But then his regret melts away when he saw Hoon's face that he didn't realize he missed so much.

"Gege!"

"Hannie!" Hoon exclaimed, his face pleasantly surprised.

"Mama!"

"Appa!"

"I miss youuu!" Hannie puckered her lips and pretended to kiss the phone screen.

"I miss you more, Hannie." this time, Lulu's sweet voice replied. "Have you eaten dinner?"

Sehun scoffed silently. As if he'll miss feeding his daughter. Hannie will never starve with him (except that first day Chanyeol took the twins to him). His scoff went unnoticed as the other three are busy conversing by themselves.

It annoys him that they're leaving him out of the conversation. But somehow, in a weird way, he feels so- blissful? content? .. complete?

"Appa and Hannie eat ice cream!" Hannie bragged. Sehun smirked proudly, but it fell as soon as he saw Hoon's face turned gloomy.

"Mama made cookies." Lulu bragged back, smiling playfully to Hannie. She pulled Hoon closer to her, almost defensively, his little back now touching her chest.

"D-does Hoon want ice cream too?" Sehun suddenly spoke up.

Almost as if those were the magic words, Hoon's face brightened up in instant. Sehun watches as the boy shakes his head a few times, telling him that it's late so he can't have any more ice cream.

On the other side, Lulu mentally breathe out in relieve. Strange how a few words from Sehun can make the boy feel better instantly. As his mama, Luhan is just happy that Hoon knows Sehun cares for him.

The twins began chatting animatedly to themselves, talking about their day which consists of magical creatures in the closet and leprechauns' pot of gold in the bathroom. Hannie tattle-taled to Hoon about Sehun's inability to spot the difference between Terrence and Peterpan, which made Hoon scold him as well. Sehun found it amusing how the twins could make a childish topic so serious.

A few arguments and laughter between the twins later, the two adults watches as the other kid fell asleep - not noticing that the kid with them is asleep as well. Peaceful silence enveloped their rooms.

"Hoon hasn't brushed his teeth yet." Lulu chuckled, most likely talking to herself.

"Just let him be." Sehun found himself unconsciously replying her.

"His teeth will decay."

"That will happen sooner or later. He's three, those baby-teeth are going to fall out, Lu."

"Still, Hoon is most handsome with his teeth white." Lulu smiled, pulling the bedcover up to Hoon's chest as she pats his .

Having a conversation about child-care with Lulu just felt .. right, no matter how wrong it actually is. Sehun stayed quiet, wondering to himself how can Lulu's smile still shines that brightly under dim lights.

"Hannie loves it if you rub her back in circular motion in her sleep. She'd snuggle closer to you if you do that."

"She likes crumpling my t-shirt in her sleep too." Sehun added, and as if the girl heard him, she began pulling his t-shirt in her sleep. He rolled his eyes in ridicule, kissing his daughter's cheek because she can't get any more adorable than she is.

"Sehun?" she called him out. "Why can't you let me be with my kids? You can still have anything you want in the world; can't you just let me have them?"

"I'd give the world just to have them." he replied bitterly. "I felt so alone these past four years, empty. Having Hoon and Hannie for two months gave me this- weird excitement, happiness I haven't felt in so long. You, however, hid my kids from me and selfishly be happy with them by yourself for three years. Isn't it fair that I claim my happiness now?"

"Is it? Aren't you the one being selfish right now?"

"Then what do you suggest, Luhan? Tell me what's in your mind." Sehun challenged. "You want me to let you keep the twins?!  We both know separating them is not a choice, neither is us taking turns like this. So obviously only one of us can have them."

"Why does it have to be you?"

"Because clearly the twins will have much better lives with me."

"You're not one to say that. Taken away from her mama so suddenly, separated from her twin; I don't think that's a better life."

"That's because the court hasn't given me full custody yet. Things will be better from then on."

"You know I'm not going to let that happen, right? I'm going to win the children's custody."

That determined look on Lulu's face. Sehun used to call it charming but now it just makes her look stubborn. She's going to win? She'll need loads of luck on her side if she wants to win. Because Sehun prepared his 110% for the trial.

Sigh. "When are you coming for Hoon?"

"Why? Does he miss me?"

"He does. I'm not going to let you put his hopes up then disappoint him." Lulu said sternly. "So tell me truthfully, are you going to come for him too or are you going to stay with Hannie until the trial?"

Looking at the sleeping girl in his arms, Sehun smiled slightly. His eyes then moved to the sleeping boy in his phone screen. He knows he wants to be with Hoon. But having Hoon means losing Hannie. He hates this feeling eating his heart. What is this? Guilt?

"A week. Let's take turns every week. I'll take Hoon next week, you can take care of Hannie. Then the next week after that, I'll take Hannie and you take Hoon. Get it?"

A nod.
Not like she was given a choice of answer from the start. Her head and heart feels heavy.

Minutes passed by, yet no more words are exchanged. It's as if neither wants to speak anymore yet none wants to look bad by hanging up first. Sehun watches as Lulu yawned and slowly closed her eyes. He thought she was just resting her eyes for a minute there, but she wasn't.

"L-lu?" he called out in a small voice.

His suspicions have been proved correct when the woman only let out a sleepy "Eungg?" from the other line. He unconsciously smiled for the nth time that night.

If anyone asked, he'd deny the fact that he still found Lulu's sleeping face beautiful. It's been long since he saw those eyelashes flutter, those lips slightly parted, and that adorable blank expression on Luhan's face. She was so pale when he seen her in coma, but now, she looks  exactly like the younger Lulu he fell in love with, with more mature features.

Those mature features only made her even more beautiful - if that's possible. She now has this soft motherly aura around her which makes the people around her feels warm, at home.

...

Oh Sehun what in the world!

Coughing awkwardly, Sehun tried to wake Lulu up. Bambi woman woke up not long after, startled by the sudden noise. She checked up on Hoon hurriedly, worried that it might be the boy's coughing. But she soon realized it was just Sehun on her phone screen.

"Sehun?"

"H-h-hang up the phone before you sleep! Then put the phone away from you. Radiation from phones is worse these days." he said the last line in a slightly lower voice. "I-i don't want Hoon to get radiation! Urgh I-i'm hanging up!"

"T-thank y-"

Sehun hung up. He put his phone down on his nightstand. The blonde man then positioned himself comfortably on the bed, adjusting Hannie along with him so she'll be comfortable too. The girl squirmed around for awhile, until she finally found her favorite spot; Sehun's arm. She nestled her head in his armpit, making him chuckle silently.

Sehun picks her up to his chest and hugs her tight. "You look so much like your mama, Hannie-ah." Sigh.

No.

 

Oh Sehun, she may look like the Luhan you fell in love with years ago. But remember, she isn't. She's no longer that sweet innocent new transfer student from China - she's a two-timer who betrayed your love and hid your children, your happiness from you. Don't fall for her tricks again, Oh Sehun. You're better and stronger than before. Sehun thought, stopping himself from thinking of the chinese woman he once loved.

If only Lulu didn't cheat on him, they wouldn't have divorced and they can take care of their little family together. If only Lulu didn't betray him, maybe they won't be as broken as they are right now.

"I'll take care of you and Hoon with my whole life, Hannie-ah. I won't let you slip away from me like your mama did. Appa promise."

 

 

Hoon laughed in mischief as he runs around the house with t-shirt on, but below the waist.

He was starting to enjoy all the attention his mama gave solely to him. He misses Hannie of course, but sometimes it feels nice to have his mama for himself and not having to share her with someone else. Because due to his sister's talkative personality - he rarely gets to spend time alone with his mama.

Not far away from him, his mama is chasing him, a pair of pants and TMNT underwear in her hands. She's scolding him lightly about the importance of covering up his man-pride and . But instead, her scolding only made things more fun for him.

"Seriously, Hoon," Lulu pants (pun intended). "put on pants please?"

Looking back, Hoon found out that his mama has stopped chasing him. He frowned, well this is no longer fun. He walked to the sofa and grabbed his pants from his mama's side. He sat next to her and put on his pants while sitting.

After he pulled his pants up to his , he heard his mama laughing. "You forgot your undies, little man."

Annoyed with himself, Hoon pouts. Lulu just smiled - she then lifted Hoon up to her lap and took off his pants. She helps him put on his underwear and his pants. Hoon clapped his hands adorkably in gratitude. He looks up to his mama's face when he didn't hear any respond from her.

The woman is squinting her eyes, massaging her head. Now that Hoon thinks about it, she has looked extra tired since this morning.

 Not that she doesn't look tired the days before. His mama has been busy with something for the past week. When she's not tending him or playing with him, she's always in her small office, writing stuffs down and calling men named Mr. Lawyer.

Whenever he asks her why she's so busy writing stuffs and calling Mr. Lawyers, she always answers him with a kiss, saying that it's because she wants to be with Hoon until forever. Hoon still doesn't understand what it means.

Ding dong!

His mama suddenly jumped up from the sofa and tidies herself up before she walks to the door. Hoon follows her from behind, gripping the hem of her tee from habit. She peeks out the peek-hole on the door before opening the door for their guests.

"MAMA! GEGE!" a girl screamed loudly, running to Hoon's side - tackling him to the ground and hugging the life out of him for a few seconds then ran to his mama right afterwards. It all happened so fast, he almost didn't recognize it was Hannie.

Before he got the chance to stand up, a pair of strong arms lifted him up from the floor. Hoon soon relaxed when he was met with a familiar face he misses a lot. Almost instinctively, he wrapped his arms around his Sehunnie appa's neck.

"I miss you too, buddy." Sehun whispered to his ears.

"Gege!" Hannie squealed, jumping up and down to reach her brother who is still lifted up high by their appa.

Sehun chuckled before putting the older twin down. Hoon is welcomed festively on the floor by Hannie, who still hasn't calmed down yet. The girl excitedly pull her gege inside the apartment, asking him to play house in their bedroom. Usually, Hoon would've argued, wanting to play robots instead. But this one time is an exception - because they haven't met each other in a week.

Lulu followed the twins inside, Sehun right behind her.

"D-do you want tea?" Lulu asked, out of manner. Not that she cares if he's thirsty from driving or anything.

"No it's fine. Thanks." Sehun politely refused. It feels weird- talking this formally with the woman he used to love so much. Out of habit, he plopped down the couch in the living room.

Luhan nodded, walking out the living room and to her bedroom to get Hoon's stuffs. She stopped abruptly at one point, turning around to face Sehun. "S-Sehun, please, please tell me if you're going to go out with Hoon later?"

A curt confused nod from Sehun is all it takes to make Lulu breathe out in relief.

Faint noises coming from the twins' bedroom then stopped the train of Sehun's thoughts. He smiled to himself, happy that his children are getting along so well. Unconsciously, his eyes began wandering around the frames in the living room. In every single frame, is a picture of Hoon and Hannie; either by themselves or with various people in different kinds of moments; birthdays, holidays, sleepovers, etc.

Now that he realized it, he missed 3 of his children's birthdays, he has never gone on a holiday with them, nor has he ever taken a picture with them. He was in none of the photos, meaning he has absolutely no memorable part in his children's lives up until today.

Sighing, it suddenly added up his list of why I hate Lu Han. He has been angry, mad, disappointed, and frustrated so many times lately that he can't tell if he's feeling those anymore now. A little more than one month and he won't have to feel it anymore.

Not long after, Lulu went out her bedroom with a backpack with her. She handed it to Sehun wordlessly, knowing Sehun would find out what's inside it himself anyway later.

"I should get going now." Sehun blurted out as soon as he put on the backpack.

Once again, Lulu nodded. The two walked side by side in silence to the twins' bedroom, each with their own deep thoughts.

 

 

Weeks passed and the twins have been apart for more than a month now. Neither Hoon nor Hannie like the situation.

At first Hoon was happy that he got his parents' attention for himself. But then he realized that having one parent means losing one for a week. That, and the fact that he hasn't met his sister in a month.

When he was dropped off to another parent's home, his sister was dropped off in the other parent's home - thus, they didn't get to meet each other. Their parents would do the exchange when they're asleep late at Sunday night (so they wouldn't cry).

Hannie tried staying up late once on Sunday night; planning to lock the door when her appa and Hoon came in her mama's apartment so they can't leave anymore. But she ended up sleeping on the carpet in the living room. She woke up on her appa's bed the next morning.

So she cried all day long.

Not like she can do anything else.

 

 

"Lu!" Baekie exclaimed as soon as she opened the door for her guest. "Come in, come in!"

Luhan smiled warmly to her bestfriend, thanking her before walking inside the house with a sleepover-bag and a sleeping Hannie in her arms.  It was currently 8 AM, a time too early in the morning for the three years old girl to open her eyes. Apologetically, Lulu still has to dress her up before lifting her up to her arms and rode a taxi to Baekie's mansion.

It the court's custody trial day. Baekie called her the previous morning, offerring to take care of the twins when Sehun and Luhan attend their trial. Lulu, of course, is thankful of the offer. She can't imagine trusting her twins more to anyone other than Baekie. The woman is Hoon and Hannie's second umma.

Back then, a douchebag of a doctor told Baekie that she'll never be able to get pregnant because of her weak womb (Chanyeol almost went back to punch the damn doctor when they found out Baekie is pregnant with Chanmi). Knowing that she might not be a mother herself, Baekie then acts like the twins' second mother and takes care of them. Lulu trusts her a lot - but it still worries her anyway.

"You're sure it's okay?" Lulu asked, settling her things next to the living room's couch. "Hoon and Hannie can be quite a handful. What if they disturb Chanmi?"

"Chanmi needs a playdate anyway. Her only friend is Chanyeol and you know hanging out with Chanyeol too much can be stressful." Baekie laughed at her own joke. "Besides, I miss Hoon and Hannie loads. Let's go to the guestroom and put Hannie down."

While Lulu was laying Hannie down in the guestroom (putting bolsters on her sides so she won't roll off and fell), the bell rang again. Baekie left them to open the door downstairs. Lulu sighed, sitting down on the bed, brushing Hannie's hair off her face as the girl sleeps before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

The door to the guestroom opened not long after, with Sehun coming in to put sleeping Hoon down on the bed. The two adults ignored each other, saving their words for the trial later that day. They both kept their eyes on their sleeping toddlers who look so innocent at the moment, keeping in mind not to lose to the other - so they can keep their babies for themselves.

Neither noticed Baekie standing under the doorframe, shaking her head in disapproval.

 

 

 

{drabble}

One thing that Jongin hates about having an addition to the family, is picking names. Names are the most important identity of your life - that itself gave Jongin a big burden. What if his child won't like the name he gave them? What if other kids tease them for it? Jongin doesn't like the thought that he can cause destruction for his child's life and dream. He'd rather not be the one to give them names.

"Can't we call baby Squishy number 4; Kim Squishy?" Jongin groaned.

"You suggested that for Jongsoo, Kyungin, and Kai." Kyungie groaned. "Get creative, Jongin. It's always me who picked out their names."

"And they're beautiful names! You should be the one picking it this time as well!" Jongin praised his wife.

"Nope." Kyungie lifted Kai who was running in circle all by himself to her arms. "Not going to happen. You should at least name baby Squishy number 4 since he is going to be the last."

Jongin whined like the mature baby he is. "No he or she is not! And why are you so sure that Squishy 4 is a boy?"

"Because I'm his umma." Kyungie said while massaging baby Kai's head. "Now get to work, Jongin."

"Fine." he grumbled under his breath. "I'll name him with cool names. How about Kim Thunder?" maybe, just maybe, if Kyungie is frustrated enough, she'll pick the name herself as always - then he'll get away just like he did the three times before.

"No one has that ridiculous name!"

"Not true! I'm pretty sure a band member from what was that MBLACK or something has that name!" Jongin complained. Kai began whining to Kyungie because he wants that name.

"That's an on-stage name. You can't use that! Be realistic." Kyungie said, ignoring Kai's pleads.

"I'll be realistic," Jongin smirked. "Kim Yong. Then we'll call him K-Dragon. Get it? He's going to be a fantastic baby, Kyung!"

"You did not just go there!" Kyungie screamed in frustration. Kai immediately shut up, not wanting to feel his umma's wrath.

"Geez, Kyung! You're so sour! Like, like- an armpit!" Jongin cursed, pretending to be annoyed. Kai laughed at his parents.

"Ha-ha. Very mature, Kim Jongin." Kyungie mocked. "Are you going to name your son Kim Deodorant now?"

"That actually sounds nice!" Jongin pointed out, face suddenly bright. "Kim Deo- no! Kim D.O? That sounds so awesome, like the name of a future robot from 3015. Can we use that one?"

"Well .." Kyungie thought about it for awhile. "It doesn't sound that bad-"

Jongin stood up from his seat. Kyungie gave him a weird look. "GREAT! We'll call him D.O!"

Kyungie face-palmed herself. Kim Jongin has never been good at picking names. But he is certainly good at taking care and giving love for his beloved; his children and his wife. Nothing he does can make her say he's not a great appa. As long as they can raise their children with love and care, names don’t really matter, right?

She smiled tiredly, "Fine. Kim D.O it is."

Baby Kai clapped his hands excitedly along with his appa, big grin on his face.


 

 

{author's note}

I have so much to explain; but I think I'll start with a sorry.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. I was busy with everything and I've been having a major writer-block in my head. I can't think of anything and I have to check my draft plot all the time because it's getting hard to execute this story.

I've written chaptered-stories before and none of them are finished. I can't finish them and gave up on them mid-point. Little Bambies however, has been my first perfectly structure plotline-d story - so I don't want to give up on this one 3 Not with my lovely 62 upvotes and 540+ subscribers.

So, rather than leaving the story like this, I decided that I'd probably go on hiatus until my head is cleared. I hope you all don't mind :(
I've set a deadline tho - I'd post another chapter around April-May, faster if I'm already back on track again. I hope you guys would wait and support me until then :)

Really, comments are what kept me going. <3

Anyway, a little glimpse at Lulu's struggle with the twins in the past.
I watched Happy Together's special about twins; it's said that parents of twins usually look out for the weaker twin more sometimes.
Hoon's insecurity is a little based on that.

Like, you know how we get jealous when our parents show affection for our siblings bcs he/she did better at smthing? 

In Hoon's case, he knows how his mama struggles with them both since a young age - that's why he's scared his mama will one day decided that she'd throw one away, him - just bcs he's not as good as Hannie. nonsense since we know Lu won't do that. .. but Hoon's three y.o so ..
Hope ya'll can relate to that.

Anyway, thanks for all the love so far. I'm really sorry :( 
See you <3

P.S ooh! and comment bellow about which side-couple would you like a drabble on :) tell me what should I write about themm~

 

- KPOPMonstahh


Edited 22/3/15