The Step-umma

Little Bambies

Chanyeol is cooing at Baekie when Sehun and the twins came in. It's a disgusting sight for him to see. The twins yelled happily, announcing their arrival to the new proud parents, big smiles on their faces. The couple turned to the door to welcome the twins and Sehun, telling them to come closer.

The tall giant scooped Hoon and Hannie with his long arms and lift them up, bouncing them both in the air. He began telling them how happy he is that he got the two a new friend to play with and that the new friend is a very beautiful girl. Sehun saw the sincere happy gleam in his best friend's eyes and wonders if that's how fathers should be like when they know they have children.

Both Hoon and Hannie are so excited from hearing what Chanyeol said that they started whining about wanting to go see Chanmi themselves. After getting a silent approval from Sehun, Chanyeol happily took their little hands with his, leading them to go see their new little sister.

"Hey," Baekie called out, making Sehun look at her. She still looks exhausted from yesterday, but she's practically glowing from happiness. "you disappeared yesterday."

"Yeah." Sehun answered shortly, sitting on the chair next to Baekie's bed that Chanyeol occupied previously. "Got an ex-wife I need to visit. Haven't met her since 4 years ago, wow." he answered sarcastically.

"Go easy on me I just got my stomach cut opened yesterday." she protested.

"Sorry. Congratulations on Chanmi." Sehun muttered, thinking that he's being a little too harsh on his best friend. She has just given birth after all.

Baekie smiled warmly. "Thank you. Have you seen her? Her ears are huge like Chanyeol. But my daughter's face is pretty like mine."

"Well good for you, but now that I know I have kids, I can tell you that my kids are just as pretty." Sehun mocked, sticking his tongue out to the woman laying in her hospital gown. Baekie laughed.

"Are you mad at me? Or Chanyeol or the others?" Baekie asked, taking Sehun's hand into hers. Sehun figured that being a mother probably softened her up.

"Of course. I mean I know you're just keeping a secret for her, but I'm also your friend, right? Sure you're more of Lulu's friend than mine, but don't you think I deserve to know? I'm their father, Baek." Sehun let out his frustration, messing with his hair.

"Chanyeol was mad at me when I ask him to keep the twins a secret from you. Took me a week to get him around again. I didn't want to do that too at first, but Lulu was so broken and traumatic, if you see how she was that time, you would want to do anything she asked for. So I promised her to keep it a secret." Baekie explained. "And I'm really sorry."

Sehun was quiet for a few minutes, head down just thinking about if things were different back then.

"Have Jongin talked to you about my plan?"

"Yes." Baekie sighed. "Chanyeol made me signed the release form last night, he said that since you already found out, it's your family matter to deal with from now on. But I'm warning you, Sehun. The twins would never like it if you hurt their mama in any way. If you hurt her, I'm gonna hunt you down to the end of Earth if I have to."

"I never intend to hurt her. I just want her to get better, wake up, and give me custody for the kids." Sehun simply said.

Baekie's eyes widened. "You know that's going to kill Lulu, right? You can't take the twins away from her, they're her life and without them, she's-"

"No." Sehun cut her off sternly. "She's had her chance. She hid my kids away from me and that's something she has to pay. I am never letting my kids away from me ever again." Sehun stood up from his seat, face red from anger. "I'll tell Chanyeol to come back here. Good day, Baek."

There is no stopping him now, Baekie figured. She can only sigh as she watches the blonde man leave her room, leaving her all by herself. The woman can only pray that nothing will go wrong anymore and Sehun won't do anything stupid with his decision of taking Lulu home with him.

 

 

Nanny Kim has been anything but calm when Sehun told her that he's going to bring Lulu to his apartment. The old woman was quiet for a minute, probably figuring out why Sehun decided to bring Lulu back. But then Hannie passed by and a light bulb popped up above her head. She started squealing - which is unlikely - and congratulating Sehun on finding out about his kids and about getting back together with Lulu.

"I'm not." Sehun scowled. "I just want to keep an eye on her. She can't get away from me. Not until she gives me custody of the twins."

Nanny Kim nodded, but Sehun is pretty sure she didn't listen to anything he just said. She stood up abruptly from the couch and said, "Oh my, I need to get your honeymoon sheets out and prepare your bedroom!"

"Nanny!" Sehun sighed, chasing after the old lady to explain everything.

 

The next morning, Lulu was moved to the spare bedroom in Sehun's apartment. Sehun was forced to hold her as the hospital workers install the hospital machines she'd be needing inside the spare bedroom. Nanny Kim is fangirling at the sight of them, making Sehun roll his eyes in annoyance. But truthfully, the feeling of having Lulu so limp in his arms scares Sehun.

When they finished, Sehun placed Lulu in the middle of the bed. The twins and Nanny Kim immediately swarmed around the bed, admiring Luhan who they miss so much. While that's happening, an old nurse came to Sehun, saying that the hospital appointed her to take care of Lulu while she stays here. She warns Sehun that if Lulu's condition gets worse, she'd have to ask the hospital to take Lulu back in.

"Nanny, Hannie mama prwetty!" Hannie brags to her.

"Of course she is. You look just like her!" Nanny Kim pinched Hannie's nose lightly, making her giggle.

"Hoon look like mama too!" Hoon grinned sheepishly, planting a wet kiss on his mama's cheek.

Nanny Kim chuckled. "You look like your appa more."

"Hoon no want look like appa!" he exclaimed, face crunching up in disgust. "Appa ugly!"

Sehun turned around and glared at the miniature of himself. "What was that? Take that back, young man. Or else."

Hoon stuck his tongue out, teasing Sehun further. Sehun smirked at the challenge and ran to his son, lifting him up to his shoulder by force. Hoon yelped, scared of the sudden change of heights. Then Sehun started bouncing up and down, scaring the little boy even more. He started screaming for his mama for help, but at the same time enjoying the ride since he knows his appa won't ever let him fall.

Both Hannie and Nanny Kim laughs loudly at the sight of mean Sehun and a slightly-tortured-slightly-having-fun Hoon on Sehun's shoulder. If they aren't too busy laughing, perhaps they would see how the corner of Lulu's lips tuck upwards, forming a small smile in her sleep.

 

 

Two weeks passed by just like that. Nanny Kim decided to move in the apartment to help the old nurse take care of Lulu. So since Nanny Kim is there to take care of them, the twins don't have to come with Sehun to his office anymore. Though hesitant of leaving his kids at first, Nanny Kim managed to assure him that the twins won't be going anywhere and they'll always be there when he gets home.

"You know," a voice startled Sehun, making him jolt back from signing the documents. "I've been here for quite a while but you're sitting there smiling to yourself while signing documents, lost in your own world to notice me. Did something good happen?"

"W-what- Melrose! How did you get in here?" Sehun asked, completely taken aback by her sudden appearance.

"By the door?" she pointed to his office door.

The CEO sighed. Obviously. "Well then, welcome to my office. Why are you here?"

"Your grandma called. She thinks it'd be nice for us to have dinner together - after all, we haven't met each other since weeks ago. I was thinking of that new restaurant Amoré, my friend owns that restaurant so I told her we can check it out." she smiles her beautiful signature smile.

Only then that Sehun noticed how fancy she's dressed in. A silver dress with black blazer draped on her shoulder. An obviously expensive bracelet and bag on her arms. Her hair has these little waves which suits her. She got even prettier than the last time they met in the Oh mansion.

"But I never agree-"

"You know elder's words are commands, right?" she raised one of her eyebrows.

Sehun sighed in defeat, knowing how good Melrose is with her words. After all, she studied psychology. "Fine. But we go to my apartment first I have to check on something before we go."

By something, Sehun meant checking if the twins are still there and Lulu didn't just suddenly get up and ran away with them again.

"Go to your apartment? You and me together?" Melrose faked a gasp. "My, my, Sehun. I don't know you're this hot-blooded." she joked, laughing to herself afterwards.

"N-not that!"

 

Melrose didn't expect Sehun to be greeted by two pairs of short arms reaching out to him when they entered the apartment. Two toddlers ran clumsily to his arms, letting Sehun lift them up the air and pepper them with kisses on their cheeks. She thought he lives by himself in his apartment. Then, something even more interesting happened;

"Appa! Hannie draw flower for appa!" the girl exclaimed, throwing her arms around Sehun's neck.

"You did? Thank you." Sehun thanked her before kissing her on her cheek. He turned to the boy, "And what did Hoon do today?"

"Hoon sleep." he grinned sheepishly, admitting that he napped through the whole day.

Sehun chuckled at him before putting the two toddlers down. "Appa is going out for dinner with this aunt. I don't think I can eat dinner with the two of you. It's fine, right?"

Both Hoon and Hannie pouted angrily, disappointed in Sehun. Hoon folded his arms in front of his chest and Hannie's eyes visibly teared up. Sehun sighed and squatted in front of them, looking guilty. He stares into their eyes, pleading for their permission for him to go and miss dinner. This feels so wrong.

"Or," Melrose broke the silence within the hallways with a chuckle. She squatted down next to Sehun, facing Hoon and Hannie with a kind smile on her face. "maybe these two cutesies can join us to go out for dinner!"

Hoon cheeks turned red, much to Sehun's disbelief. "Hoon-ah! Are you seriously being flustered right now?"

"Hannie go?" Hannie ignored her appa and her gege's silent argument, asking Melrose - who she thinks looks really pretty in a silver princess dress - for confirmation.

The woman nodded, smiling wider to Hannie before brushing off the girl's hair off her face. "Yes. But Hannie need to ask appa to change Hannie's clothes to a princess' dress so you can look even more beautiful. Same goes for you, handsome." she told the twins. Hoon literally ran to hide his red-as-tomato face behind Sehun's legs.

"You're really something, aren't you?" Sehun sighed, amused by the sight of his embarrassed son. "Go inside and ask Nanny Kim to change your clothes. Tell her to help you change your clothes." 

The twins nodded enthusiastically before running inside to go find Nanny Kim and ask her to help them dress up and get ready for the night. Sehun and Melrose chuckle at the twins, hearing them whine to Nanny Kim, making the old lady confused as to why she needs to help them dress up so fancily. The blonde man turned to Melrose and shot her a smile of gratitude. But Melrose didn't smile back, raising one of her eyebrows instead.

"What?"

Melrose shifts her weight to one leg, putting one hand on her hips. "You didn't tell me you have kids, appa?"

"Trust me, it shocked me too." Sehun muttered, but loud enough for Melrose to hear. He walked inside to get a glass of water, Melrose following him closely behind to the kitchen.

"So where's your ex-wife?" Melrose asked, as if it's a normal thing.

"W-what makes you think she's in here?" Sehun asked back, choking on his water a little.

"For starters, you're stuttering." she smiled knowingly when Sehun cursed himself. "And second, I only asked where she is, not if she's in the house. So she's living with you now? Are you two back together?"

"She's here." Sehun admitted. "But she's in coma from an accident. We're not back together, just so you know. But weeks ago I found out we have kids together. Kind of, caught me off guard if you know what I mean." he explained.

As a reply to the blonde, Melrose nodded, leaning on the kitchen counter, waiting for Sehun to finish drinking his water. "Do you think I can see her? Your ex-wife?"

Sehun choked again, his eyes widening. "W-why? What are you going to do to her?"

"Nothing!" Melrose chuckled at that. "It's just that my best friend in Yale studied medical there and told me a few stuffs about it, so I was wondering if I can see her? Maybe I can help her."

If that's the only thing she wants, then so be it. Not like she's a psychopath who would hurt Lulu, right? Sehun lead her to the spare bedroom where he lays Lulu in, opening the door for Melrose to come in first before he made his way in himself.

The blonde man watches as Melrose took in the scene in front of her. She moves around from machines to machines, sometimes looking like calculating something in her head before smiling rather creepily. Does she really know what she's doing? Last but not least, Melrose sat down on the other side of the bed and began brushing Lulu's hair with her fingers (Sehun flinched).

"W-what are you doing?" he asked, being cautious.

"Me? I'm just admiring your ex-wife's beauty. No wonder you're unable to move on from her. She's very beautiful. It's so sad to see her laying here unmoving." Melrose answered, this time tracing Lulu's face with her fingers.

"The doctor said that she'll be healthy again soon enough. Her chances of waking up is big. She only need a little brain trigger to wake up, so nothing much to worry about." Sehun told her.

Melrose giggled when her fingers touched Lulu's lips. "Yes. Indeed very beautiful. Even I'm a woman and I think she's really attractive. Must be a joy to kiss this plump lips. Am I right, Sehun-ah?"

Memories of the said soft lips touching his own's clouded Sehun's mind, making his cheek hot. Pure bliss; that's more like it. He quickly came back to his senses, not wanting to humiliate himself in front of Melrose. Though he has no romantic feelings for Melrose, he does not want to blow off his cool in front of her. "Whatever, Park. I'm gonna go see if my kids are ready." 

The brunette lady laughed her hearts out when Sehun slammed the spare bedroom's door closed, muttering unintelligent stuffs about Melrose speaking bulls and nonsense as he walked out the door. The way Sehun tried to distract her from that topic is way too funny.

"He's a funny guy, isn't he?" she asked, talking to Lulu. "He is sooo still in love with you."

Melrose eyed the sleeping beauty and smiled at her peaceful state.

"But that would change, Lu." Melrose smirked. "You see, I'm going on a date with Sehun and the kids right now. He's going to learn how to love me and the twins will love me too for sure - I'll probably be their Korean umma! I'm going to take all three of them away from you and there's nothing you can do about it."

She stood up from the bed, a sigh leaving her lips as she did before walking to the door to go out. She stopped in front of the door, her hand on the door-knob. Melrose smirked once more and turned around to see Lulu lying on the bed, hoping that her plans would work the way she intended it to.

"You want them back?" she asked, opening the door at the same time. "Then wake up and fight me."

It was unfortunate that Melrose walked out the spare bedroom and closed the door so fast. Cause maybe if she slowed down a little bit, she'd see Lulu's palms slowly curling into a fist.

 

Hannie fell in love with Melrose the moment she talks about cuddling with Koala in an Australian zoo. Hoon on the other hand, literally fell in love with Melrose. Sehun rolled his eyes at his son, face-palming the fact that Hoon is almost drooling at the sight of the woman sitting on the passenger seat (the blonde man sneaks glances of his son from the rear mirror).

"Koala cute?" Hannie asked for the nth time.

"Really cute. I'm sure you and Hoon will love them. In fact, I think it's a great idea for us to go to Australia and go see koalas and other Australian animals in the zoo together one day." Melrose suggested to Hannie.

After hearing that, Hannie started bouncing up and down on her seat excitedly. "Can we, appa? Can we?"

Sehun left the question went unanswered, knowing fully well that going to Australia with Melrose and the kids for holiday is just plain wrong. He parked his car on a VIP spot, getting out his car to help the twins get out. Melrose smiled knowingly, getting out the car herself. She grabbed a hold on Hoon's arm, keeping him still while his appa helps Hannie get out of the car. Then, the four entered a fancy restaurant with Hoon and Hannie gapping at the interior.

"I made a reservation here." Melrose told the lady at the counter. The lady nodded and smiled politely before showing them to their table which is right in the middle of the restaurant, under the chandelier.

Hoon fixes his little bow-tie before climbing up his seat next to Sehun. Hannie climbed up and sat on Sehun's other side. Their legs are dangling mid-air as it was too short to reach down to the floor. Melrose chuckled and sat between the twins, putting on bibs on the twins. Sehun threw her a grateful look.

"Appa!" Hannie called out louder than usual, making sure that Sehun can hear her over the live classic piano playing in the background. "Hannie want this, this, this, and this." she pointed everything on the menu. Hoon nodded, signaling that he'll have the same.

The CEO sighed, knowing fully well how hard it is to take Hoon and Hannie out for a meal. He was going to tell them that everything is so freaking expensive in here and they can't have all the food because they won't be able to finish it all and that would be a waste of food and money - but he's pretty sure that the twins won't understand what waste is.

"Just pick one, you two." he sighed.

"Why?" Hoon asked, upset that Sehun is being a Mr. Krab.

"B-because," Sehun tried to reason. "you should try this soup instead. I heard it's a really delicious one. If you ate all that, your tummy will explode!" he explained, mostly to Hoon. "So do you want this soup instead?"

It's a special kids' menu and there are lots of drawings next to the said soup. Hoon nodded eagerly, his lips. Hannie let out a small 'yes.', rubbing her stomach in fright that it might explode. Sehun sighed in relief after handling one hardship, making Melrose laugh at the sight in front of her. They placed their orders and their food came not long after.

As expected from an expensive-priced food, it was really good. The twins enjoyed their soup and complimentary pudding with smiles etched on their faces. Sehun ordered steak while Melrose ordered that food with french name which nobody can actually pronounce correctly. The four talk during their dinner, joking around as they did so. Sehun finished his dinner last because he spent a lot of time blowing soup for the twins. But he's used to it and it's one of his appa-responsibilities anyway, so it's fine.

The four are finished with their excellent dinner when Sehun saw a lady walking their way with a wide excited smile on her face. Her hair is up on an elegant bun, classy make up covered her face, a black scarf on her neck falling down to the waist part of her magenta dress. The dress is ripped on one side, revealing her long leg. 

"Mel? Is that you? Melrose Park?" the lady dressed in a magenta dress came from behind and poked Melrose's shoulders to get her attention. Melrose stood up from her seat and turn around to see who it is.

"Oh my! Hey!" Melrose chuckled, pulling the lady to a hug before they cheek-kissed. "Congratulations on this restaurant. The food's amazing."

"Oh you! Still the sweetheart!" the lady giggled. Then she turned to look at Sehun and the twins. "Omo, who is this? Is this that hotty you told me about? Your date for the night?"

Sehun turned red at the question, opting to take a sip of his wine to hide his flustered face. Hoon and Hannie looks at the liquid in his glass, curious of its taste. The blonde man only ruffled Hoon's hair, telling him that he'll order a dessert for him instead of the said drink.

"Yes." Melrose replied. She moved to give her friend a better view of the three. "This is Oh Sehun and the twins are his kids. Sehun, kids, meet my friend."

"Why hello!" Melrose's friend greeted, shaking Hannie's hand with an awed look on her face. "Why aren't you two cute." she complimented them.

"They are." Melrose proudly told her. Sehun felt warm inside knowing that he's not the only one who's proud of the twins' adorable-ness. Or was it the wine?

The lady smiled at her friend's reply. All five turned around when the pianist played the piano louder, faster and more aggressive than before - the song is climbing up to its - It's definitely the song of the night, captivating all the other guests with its melody. The sound of the piano slows down before it slowly came to a stop. Hoon and Hannie clapped their hands happily, admiring the pianist. Sehun and the two ladies clapped along as well with the crowd.

"Hey Melrose, you should play the next song." her friend proposed. Sehun stared at her in surprise.

"You play?" Sehun asked, sincerely curious.

"Yes." Melrose answered. "But it's been awhile since I played last. I don't think I'm still as-"

"Nonsense!" her friend waved her hand in front of her face. She pulled Melrose towards the mini-stage where the piano is. Sehun saw her whispering to the pianist about letting her friend play a song. The pianist smiled before standing up his seat and walk down the stage, giving it up for her. Melrose sent Sehun a nervous smile before she sat herself down in front of the piano.

And then she plays.

At first she was just pressing random keys gently with her fingers. Then slowly, when she finally got the rhythm, her long slim fingers practically danced on the white and black of the piano, producing a wonderful mesmerizing tunes of what Sehun remembers as Chanyeol's phone ringtone. He's not someone who masters the piano, he can barely play it. But he knows that Melrose is a really good pianist. Awhile for her must means yesterday.

Her song lasted for around five minutes before it finally came to an end. When she finished, she stood up and bowed to her audiences. The guests started clapping for her, complimenting her for her beautiful playing. Hoon and Hannie are giving her a standing ovation, innocently standing on their chair and clapping like baby seals. Sehun laughed to himself in disbelief, clapping his hands in his seat. The three wait there patiently as Melrose exchange a few words with her friends.

Melrose walks back to their table with a cocky smirk on her face. She stares at Sehun who stares back to her eyes. "You fell for me, didn't you?"

"Pffftss." Sehun blew with his lips. "We should head home. I'm sleepy and I think so are the kids."

Hoon is already asleep on his chair in a dangerous position. Hannie however, is still smiling at her though her eyes are already half-closed, looking up to Melrose with admiration. The latter chuckled at her adorable little face before lifting Hannie up to carry her.

"Aunty Melrwose good play piano." she muttered sleepily, putting her head down on Melrose's shoulder to sleep. She fell asleep soon after that.

In the meantime, Sehun put his wallet back to his back-pocket, finished with paying their dinner bills. He lifted Hoon up to his arms, letting his head rest on his right shoulder. His other hand reached for Hannie, but Melrose told him that she'll help him with Hannie, so he better carry Hoon properly. Sehun shrugged and used both his arms to hold Hoon this time. They walked out the restaurant side by side.

 

This feels so wrong. Sehun couldn't take his eyes off Melrose as they walk to the car. Her carrying Hannie in her arms while he walks alongside her with Hoon in his, doesn't that just sound perfect? That, and Sehun has to admit that he never said Melrose is not attractive from the first time they met. Now that he had more time to get to know her, he's actually starting to like her more and more. Sehun's afraid that he's starting to think about this arrangement thing.

Together they get in the car, buckling the twins on the back seat. Sehun the gentleman offered to take the lady home, to which she agrees to. The ride back to Melrose's condo is quiet aside from Melrose's constant pointing for directions to her home. Sehun glances at the lady next to him every so often, silently admiring her beautiful face, then slowly her body. .. he almost crashed into a tree because of it.

Lulu is definitely not that shaped.

Melrose's condo turns out to be only 10 minutes away from the restaurant they dined in. She should've just gone to the restaurant than to Sehun's apartment earlier. Sehun stopped his car in front of the entrance door, tapping his fingers on the steer in nervousness while he thinks of how he should say bye for the night. Melrose also didn't make a move from her seat, sitting quietly and waits for Sehun to make the first move.

He is losing his cool for some reason. And Sehun doesn't like it. The air around them is comfortable, yet Sehun feels so mixed. They stay silent for another couple of minutes before Sehun decided to blurt out what was in his mind all night.

"Should I give us a shot?"

The woman turned her head to Sehun's direction, face looking calm as ever. "What changed?"

"I don't know. Do you think this is a spur in the moment?"

"No." Melrose shakes her head. "Why do you think that?"

"It's just-" Sehun takes a deep breath before continuing. "With my ex-wife coming back to my life, and finding out about my kids, I'm feeling shaky and just unstable. I'm not sure if this, us, is just a late rebound thing or not. I'm confused."

This time, Melrose nodded. "Then let's not rush. Tell me, what do you think of me tonight?"

"Let's see," Sehun out his hand on his chin, pretending to think. "You're pretty the first time we met, but you definitely show more than just appearance which makes you prettier  - so I am definitely attracted to you tonight. Plus point for being good with my kids. Hey wait, are you sure you're not bothered with the fact that I have kids? You do know, if this works out, you might have to take care of two kids who aren't yours."

"Sehun, if this works out, they are mine. Hoon and Hannie are adorable and I love them already. Might as well learn to love them more if I'm going to be their step-umma, right?" Melrose asked back, enjoying the sight of a slight tint on Sehun's face.

"So you're saying that I should give this, us, a shot?" Sehun asked again.

The lady didn't answer and only smiled sweetly to Sehun as response. She leaned forward to Sehun and planted a soft kiss on his cheeks, surprising the latter. Then Melrose opened the door of the car herself and get out of the car. Sehun watches as she walked from her side and knocked on his car's window. The blonde man rolled down his window half-down.

"Thanks for the night. We should do this again sometimes." she smiled again and Sehun felt warmer inside. "And Sehun? Think about it more - if you think this is really what you want."

Sehun only nodded at her, pretty sure he looks like a dumb puppy. Melrose waved him bye one more time before disappearing behind the door of her condo. Sehun stayed there looking dazed at the door for a few more minutes before he slapped his head to get back to his senses and drive his car back home.

Night sky full of stars, not many cars are on the street tonight. It's just him and the twins now, peaceful silence engulfing the car. Sehun took a deep breath and smile to himself. He decided to turn on the radio.

Cause all of me, loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections;

An image of a laughing real hard Luhan came to his mind. Her and her ugly laughing face - Sehun couldn't help but laugh by himself. No matter what she does, in his eyes, Lulu is just .. perfect.

Does that apply to Melrose? Can Sehun feel the same for her as he did for Lulu? Will he find love again?

He hums the rest of the John Legend's song all the way in his drive home, happy with today's events.

 

After he arrived and parked his car in the apartment's parking lot, Sehun took the kids out of the car carefully and carry them both inside. He hums along the elevator song, showing how good his mood is to an old man - who most likely just got back from a night jog - riding up the elevator with him. He even gave the old man a smile when he hopped down the elevator. Oh Sehun rarely smiles to a stranger!

He pressed the passcode with his fingers difficultly, trying not to drop any of the twins in the process. He opened the door with his leg, walking inside through the small entrance. The twins are deep asleep with their heads snuggled up to his chest, tired from the excitement of one night. Sehun smiled at their angelic sleeping faces as he lied them both down on the bed.

Sehun began undressing them, replacing their formal attires with their pajamas so they'll be comfortable sleeping. Hannie whined a little when Sehun tried to put on her pajamas for her, but Hoon is still as rock and drools like a fountain (they're exactly like their parents after all). After that, Sehun tucked them in his bed, placing the bedcover up to their chin.

"Good night, kids." he whispered, smiling at the sight of their adorable sleeping faces once again. Sehun leaned down and placed a sweet good-night kiss on each of the twins' cheeks.

But the peaceful moment between father and children inside the bedroom was ruined when a sound of something breaking into pieces outside resonated in Sehun's ears. Sehun looked back at the twins who are still sleeping peacefully on his bed before jumping up to his feet, going out to check where the sound came from.

On the middle of his living room floor, are shards of the used to be flower vase.

His apartment is a guaranteed safe place with the highest security money can buy, so for a someone to broke inside is a little impossible. Still, if there really is a thief breaking inside, the thief must be very stupid to even try to rob Oh Sehun.

The blonde man tip-toed around his own apartment, looking for the thief who broke in his apartment. Sehun is calm and silent through out the whole thing because one, panicking won't help and two, he'll be found out the second he made a slightest noise and the thief will run away for sure. He followed his ears for the sounds of the thief's footsteps - which lead him to the kitchen.

Since the lights aren't on, it's an advantage for the thief because Sehun couldn't see the thief clearly. But he did see the thief. The said thief isn't like the ninja-skilled thieves Sehun saw in movies at all - in fact, the thief's movements look so lost or confused of what to do, the CEO can figure that out without looking at the thief's face. Must be a new kid at the job.

That thief turned around after sensing a presence from behind. He or she tried to run away, probably scared that he or she would be caught. Fortunately, Sehun is faster. He grabbed the thief's arms tightly when the latter tried to dodge him and pinned him or her to the wall, not giving the thief a space to escape. He can feel the heartbeat of the thief going on a scary speed, making him wonder if that's a normal healthy thing at all.

Weirdly, the thief is very small, not big or buff like Sehun expected thieves to be. The thief has a slim petite figure which amaze Sehun more about how much nerves the thief has for having the guts to try and rob him with that small weak body. Fighting this thief off will be a piece of cake.

"Got you." he whispered as his hands finally reached the light-switch, flicking it on. The kitchen lights , blinding Sehun for a second there from the sudden brightness.

However, the sight of the thief he captured blinded and shocked him even more. A pair of Bambi doe dark-brown eyes stared back to his own pair of eyes with the same confusion and shock in it.

"L-Lulu?" he called out.

The chinese woman's face is drained out of color, beads of sweats on her forehead, and her hair still messy - meaning that she just got out of bed not long ago. She began breathing heavily, eyes not focused. Sehun held her tighter in alert. Suddenly, she fell limp and collapsed into his arms, unconscious once again. Luckily Sehun still held her by her arms.

He pulled her close to him, sliding down the wall to the floor. He held her head in his arms, poking her cheeks to wake her up. His attempts went to no avail.

"!" Sehun cursed, pulling Lulu closer to him, craddling her in his arms this time. He's absolutely terrified for her especially since she began gasping for air in her unconscious state. "Breathe normally, Lu."

She didn't listen to him. In fact, her breathing gets harder and worse by time, as if something is choking her.

So Sehun fished his phone out of his pants pocket and called for the ambulance to come there fast. Emergency code: red.

"Y-you'll be fine, Lu. I'm here." Sehun whispered, breathing harshly from panic. He craddled Lulu gently, placing her head on his shoulder before he lifted her up to go to the ambulance. Forgetting whatever it was that warms his heart before, the only thing left in his mind now is that he's going to make sure Lulu will be okay.


 

 

{author's note}

This one is pretty long lol I got carried away a little.
Need to study biology now so yeah .. this is gonna be short OTL

(yes, All of Me is on the radio again so sorry for that up there loll)

I'm sorry I carry to announce things are going down from here -

Next update should be in a month max? Amen.

But still, I want to thank you all for the amazing support. So;
Thanks for all my subscribers, upvotes, and the ones who left awesome comments so far! :)

I'm sorry I couldn't reply to your last comments because I was kind of super busy and I could probably only answer to a few for this chapter too :(

Please subscribe, upvote, and comment your thoughts bellow as well like usual! <3

- KPOPMonstahh