The Family Talk

Little Bambies

Lulu was in the hospital for two weeks because she's still weak and the doctors want to make sure she's 100% healed before they let her home. To everybody's surprise, the twins are allowed to go to the hospital to visit their mama every day. Nanny Kim would take them to the hospital and Sehun would pick them up around five PM. But the blonde man never once came inside to see Lulu himself. Oh well, it was too much to ask of him, Joonmyun commented.

Just yesterday, the doctor told her that she can go home. Minseon is super excited about it and volunteered to take her home herself. So there the baozi woman is now, in the hospital, helping her best friend get ready to go home. Jongdae couldn't make it because the man is busy with his works, so are the others.

"Ready to go home, Lu?" Minseon asked, zipping Lulu's last bag.

The chinese Bambi nodded a few times, smiling brightly. Being in the hospital for so long without nothing to do bores her. She can't wait to go home and get back to her daily routines with the kids.

"Are the kids waiting for me at home already?" Lulu asked as she put on her shoes.

Minseon only smiled at her, lifting her bags up to put it in her car. She said nothing, because she's not sure what to answer either. The women are quiet, lost in their own thoughts that they didn't notice another man walking inside the room. The man snatched Luhan's bags from Minseon's hand, catching the baozi off guard.

"Hey!" Minseon yelped in surprise. She turned around to see the snatcher and give him a whack in the head. "Sehun! What are you doing here?"

"It hurts!" Sehun whined, rubbing the part of his head that Minseon hit. "I'm taking her home."

"Y-you?" Lulu asked in disbelief.

"Hey! I'm the one who's taking her home!" Minseon protested. She already planned the whole day since yesterday. Minseon is going to take Lulu home and have a tea and chat with her for the day since they missed a lot lately.

But unfortunately for her, Sehun is not taking any of that. The blonde man walked to Luhan and lifted her, a hand under her knees and another behind her back. Luhan visibly tensed at the sudden contact with her ex-husband. Minseon pouted angrily despite being amused of how hot Sehun looks when carrying bags and Lulu at the same time like that.

"I'm taking her home." Sehun sternly finished. "Thanks for packing up her bags!"

"Aissshh!" Minseon grumbled, knowing she has lost. "Seriously, Oh Sehun!"

With that, Sehun began walking outside the hospital room. Lulu tried to get down from his hold weakly, but that only made him hold on to her tighter. So Lulu stayed still, letting him put her on the passenger seat on his car and buckled her up. He threw her bags to the back seat before getting in the driver's seat himself.

The ride home from the hospital to her apartment isn't that long. But it surely feels an eternity-long this time. Sehun kept on his stoic face, eyes never leaving the road. The tension is thick in the car, so thick, that Hoon and Hannie will have problems chewing it. Lulu gulped nervously as she watches Sehun drives through her neighborhood, turning left and right correctly.

"M-my apartment is th-"

"That way." Sehun pointed to a white modest building. "I know. Nice choice. The park is not far away, the supermarket is right at the corner, and there's a good school within 10 minutes’ walk. As expected of you, Luhan."

"How did you-"

"Chanyeol told me where you live. I did a little survey around the neighborhood two days ago." Sehun answered, speeding up the car.

(Sehun bugged poor Chanyeol who is not in his right state of mind due to his lack of sleep - Chanmi is being a dramatic baby-diva. The lanky giant screamed Lulu's address in frustration at the end, surrendering to Sehun.)

They're back to silent.

Luhan stayed quiet, knowing that Sehun's on-to-the-point answers meant he doesn't want to talk more. She gripped on her seatbelts unconsciously, nerves building up. Why would Sehun take her home himself? She was once again lost in her thoughts for a few long minutes.

"Are you walking or do I have to carry you to your apartment?" Sehun's question snapped her out of her thoughts. The car's door has been opened and the car itself is already parked right in front of the apartment's main entrance.

Lulu immediately got out of the car, not wanting to be touched by Sehun again. She waits as Sehun took out her bags before walking inside her apartment building slowly. The two walk side to side all the way from the lobby, the elevator, and to Lulu's apartment floor. Lulu walked out first from the elevator, leading Sehun to her apartment room hesitantly. She stopped in the middle of her track, deciding that it's best if Sehun doesn't know which unit she lives in.

"I-I'll carry my own bags from here."

"No need. You're still not that healthy." Sehun said, walking pass her. "Besides, I already know which one is your apartment unit."

Luhan followed Sehun weakly through the hallways to her own apartment. This is definitely not how she imagined her walk home is going to be like.

Once in front of the door of her apartment room, she pressed her codes (the twins birthday; 0110) to open the door. She came in first, Sehun following her with her bags from behind. The apartment is dark, the lights are off and the curtains covered the windows. A soft giggle echoed through the quiet room. Lulu smiled, mischievously turning on the light-switch.

"Suwprise!" Hoon and Hannie yelled out together, running hand by hand to their mama.

The twins' mama laughed in joy, squatting down to hug her precious kids. Hoon and Hannie hugged her tightly (if not, violently) and placed kisses all over her faces, making Lulu laugh even more. Hoon let go of her first and stepped back, pulling Hannie with her.

"Mama, Hoon and Hannie have mama present!" Hoon excitedly announced.

"Yay! Give me!" Lulu asked them, showing them how excited she is in exaggeration.

"Close your eyes and give Hannie mama hand." Hannie ordered her. Lulu did as told, closing her eyes and opened her palms so the twins can give her the presents.

She stayed still for a few seconds even after feeling a slight weight on her palms before opening her eyes. In her hands are cards with word-scribbles and drawings on it. Luhan held in her tears when she saw her name written (in cutely horrible ) on the top of each card. "Can mama read it?"

The twins nodded excitedly, pulling Lulu by her hands to the couch. They told her to sit in the middle, then they sit next to her on her sides. Lulu chuckled at them before taking Hoon's card to read it.

"To lulu mama, hoon love mama." Luhan chuckled at how short it is but at the same time she's touched because those three words are probably the only way Hoon can describe how he feels for her. Under the words is a drawing of a small boy (with triangle body and green face) and his mother (whose hair is like a broom) holding hands in the .. park? (there are trees). Lulu figured it's her and Hoon. "Thank you, Hoon-ah."

"Hoon want draw more. But mama home so fast." he said sadly, looking down in shame. Lulu smiled and pecked his cheek in gratitude.

"This is more than enough, Hoon-ah. Mama loves you too." she smiled, pulling Hoon closer to her. The boy smiled back shyly, snuggling to her arm afterwards.

"Read Hannie carwd!" Hannie excitedly shove her card to Lulu's hands. Luhan laughed again before putting Hoon's card down. She took Hannie's card from the girl's short arms and opened it. There are more words on it than Hoon's - but almost all of it doesn't make sense. Luhan chuckled and read it out loud.

"To lulu mama, mama pretty hannie mama cookie make good mama hannie and hoon gege not bad no more mama hannie love mama." she read happily, controlling her expression as not to offend her precious daughter.

"Wow Hannie, how many mama-s do you have?" Sehun chimed in, laughing at Lulu's bad acting skills at the same time. It's too obvious she doesn't understand a thing she just read. Lulu suddenly remembered that the man is also there. She regained her composure as to not let down her walls.

Hannie pouts at Sehun's comment. "I think this is great." Lulu praised her, wiping the pout off Hannie's face. "Thank you, Hannie-ah. Mama loves you too."

Hannie clapped her hands, happy that Lulu appreciates her gift for her. "Ooh! Mama look Hannie draw." Hannie pointed at the drawing under her letter. She took the card away from Lulu and pointed at the drawing.

"Mama," she pointed to a drawing of a tall woman. "Hannie," she pointed to a way smaller girl with a flower in her ear. "Hoon gege," she pointed to a small boy holding a soccer ball. "and Sehunnie appa!" she pointed to the drawing of a tall man with an angry face. "So mama, Hannie, Hoon gege, and Sehunnie appa is family!"

 Luhan froze in her place. Sehun did too. Hannie is completely unaware of the situation as she continued to explain about how the sticks in their hands are ice-cream because the sun drawn on the corner of the card is too hot - so they have to eat ice-cream if they don't want to feel hot while playing in the park (there are trees!). If only the ice-cream can cool the tension in the apartment as well.

"Mama like Hannie present?" she asked, looking up to her mama in expectation.

"I l-love it, sweetie. I love it a lot." Luhan replied, placing a kiss on Hannie's cheek as well.

Hannie flashed her a toothy grin. "So can Sehunnie appa stay home with Hannie, Hoon gege, and mama?"

Awkward. Talk about irony. Luhan can't even lift her head anymore. The answer to Hannie's question is a definite no. Though Sehun now knows about his kids and he's not denying them, Lulu still have lots of problems with him since they separated on bad terms. Their problems wouldn't do well for the children's lives. Just like how it did for their lives. Living together would never be good anymore.

But it would be possible if they would just make up for every mistakes they made. Can they?

Cough. "W-why does appa look like the green pigs in Angry Birds?" Sehun asked, trying to act like he wasn't taken aback with Hannie's random request. For the first time in four years, Lulu is grateful of him.

Sehun's comment is very offensive. Hannie frowned, her eyes watery for a minute before finally exploding with tears. "Appa meanie!" she whined, hiding her face in Lulu's hair, sobbing loudly in disappointment.

"Aishh!" Sehun cursed, lifting Hannie off the couch and to his arms. He bounced her up and down while patting her back in a comforting manner. "I'm just joking, princess. Your drawing is the best drawing in the world. Appa looks extra handsome there! Wow! My baby should be a famous artist!"

The blonde man panicked when Hannie doesn't stop crying. He kept bouncing her around the living room, mumbling praises of her drawing while kissing her cheeks in repeat. Luhan couldn't help but smile bitterly at the sweet scene unfolding in front of her. Suddenly, Hoon fell down to her lap. Lulu cradle him up on instinct, surprised that the boy's eyes are closed. Looks like Hoon fell asleep. She glanced at the clock on the wall.

It's around twelve, their nap time. No wonder Hannie wouldn't stop crying. Lulu chuckled and cradle Hoon's small body in her arms, waiting for Hannie to go to sleep too. The girl fell asleep in Sehun's arms not long after. Sehun panicked a little, thinking the girl got dehydrated. He too, looked at the clock before sighing in relief.

So Sehun knows their kids' nap time too?

"Where should I lay her?" Sehun asked, his tone turned cold again this time.

Lulu snapped back to reality and stood up from the couch with Hoon in her arms. She walked to a door with the stickers H&H on it, knowing that Sehun is following her with Hannie in his arms. She entered the twins' bedroom, and laid Hoon on the Buzz Lightyear bed. Sehun laid Hannie on the Little Mermaid bed next to Hoon's.

Like usual, Luhan walked to close the windows' curtains. She turn off the lights too, so the twins can sleep peacefully. She ignores the look of curiosity Sehun sent her. Luhan then pull up the twins' blankets up to their waists, making sure they're comfortable. Once satisfied, she sat down on Hoon's bed and began brushing her son's hair lovingly.

The two adults are quiet for a moment in there. They watch as their babies squirm around on their bed, drooling like the angels they are. Sehun looked up to see Lulu kissing Hoon's forehead, a smile etched on her beautiful face. He hates it when he still thinks she's beautiful. So to break the peaceful moment, Sehun coughed awkwardly, earning Lulu's attention.

"We need to talk. Outside." he said, surprised that he can sound that cold himself. He didn't wait for Lulu's reply. He walked out the kids' bedroom and waited for her in the dining room. Lulu came out a few minutes afterwards and took a seat on the dining chair, right across Sehun.

She shifted uncomfortably before giving him a forced smile. "Thank you for taking me home and for taking care of the twins when I was sick."

"The second one is my responsibility." Sehun replied coldly. "I'm their appa."

Luhan didn't reply to his statement. "Still, thank you."

"Then you're welcome." Sehun said through his gritted teeth. "Am I really that untrust-worthy that you didn't even tell me about my kids?"

“I think I'm going to go rest."

"Sure. Go rest. But sign these first." Sehun then took out rolled papers from his back and gave it to Lulu. He also offered her his pen.

"What is this?" Lulu asked, looking at him with her doe eyes. Sehun isn't going to fall for it again, so he looked away.

"It's the twins' custody papers. You need to sign above your name as an agreement." Sehun told her briefly. Surely the woman isn't that stupid to not know what a custody paper is. She isn't valedictorian for nothing.

Lulu looked at him unsure. She rolled the papers opened and began reading its content. Her eyes widened more and more as she read each paragraphs of the papers. "Sehun, what does it mean that Lu Han can only see the twins with Oh Sehun's permission and Lu Han will not have any power to decide anything for the twins? I'm their mother! Sehun, what-"

"It's a sole custody paper. Don't you get it?" Sehun snapped again. "I thought you're smart."

"Sole custody?" Lulu's eyes are almost as big as Kyungie's now - that's saying something - gaping open. "Sehun, sole custody is where only one of the parents have power over the kids. You can't just take the twins away from me! I'm their mother!"

"And I'm their father. But you don't hear me complaining about me not getting to see or know my own kids for the first three and a half years of their lives." he replied. "Just sign it, Luhan. The sooner you sign it, the sooner we won't have to see each other again."

"No." Lulu snapped back. "Hoon and Hannie need their mama and nothing will make me give my twins away."

"I'm not giving you a choice." Sehun said sternly. "It's either you sign it now and save us from all the troubles or we can take this to the court. Remember that I'm Oh Sehun, CEO of Oh Enterprises. My company influence South Korea's economy and politics. I'm pretty sure we both know who the judges and jury will favor."

"You play dirty now, Sehun." Lulu muttered, fists clenching, her eyes b with tears. "The twins are my everything. You can't take my kids away from me."

"You hid my kids away from me. Surely I can do the same to you." Sehun replied darkly. "You do know that hiding something that's not entirely yours is a crime, Lu. You separated me and the twins for over 3 years - you had them all for yourself while I have to mourn over my miserable life alone. You had your turn. It's my turn to take care of them now."

Sehun. He's definitely blinded by anger now.

"I'm still their mother. They're my kids." tears are now streaming down her cheeks. "The twins need me. You can't just barge in our lives and cut off my rights of them entirely. I'm the one that gave birth to them!"

 "They're my flesh and blood yet you cut me off my rights of them first." Sehun retorted. "Why would I leave them here with you when I know they'll have a much better lives if they're with me?"

"That's not for you to decide!" Lulu cried. "I'm all they have since birth and they grew up just fine."

"And now they have me." Sehun come-backed. "Hoon and Hannie are mine and there is no way I'm letting them stay with you anymore. The twins won't be good living with someone who only thinks of herself, someone selfish. The twins are mine."

"Yours?" Lulu gasped in disbelief. "You're the one who kicked me out of your life when I'm carrying them inside me! You threw away your rights to be called appa from that moment on!"

"I didn't know you were carrying my babies!" Sehun defended himself. "You turned my friends against me and made them lie to me! I would never let you go if someone, especially you told me about the twins!"

"Would you? Or would you accuse me that they're my ex's kids instead and that I only told you they're yours because I want your money?!" Lulu screamed at the blonde's man face.

"Don't assume things!" Sehun growled, his face red from anger. "You have no idea how much I loved you back then and there you go betraying me behind my back. You hurt me enough and the least you can do now is give me my children back."

"I never betrayed you!" Lulu defended herself. "I did nothing wrong but loved you with all my heart! You're the one who ruined everything! Our marriage, our love, our happiness. So no, I'm not giving up my children."

Sehun breaths heavily, trying to hold in his temper. "I'm not going to talk about that stupid marriage anymore! I don't give a damn about that anymore! So are you going to sign the papers or not?!"

Lies. Sehun doesn't think it's a stupid marriage. Marrying Luhan was one of the best decisions he made in life. And he gives so many damns about it every night right before he goes to sleep, questioning what went wrong with them. But he has his pride. And sadly, Lulu doesn't know that.

Lulu stared at him with teary eyes. She smiled in disbelief of what he just said. "No. Not in a million years. Never."

Sehun chuckled bitterly, taking the papers from his ex-wife before standing up from his seat. "Fine, Lu. You asked for it yourself. See you in court."

He stormed out the dining room, ignoring Lulu's sudden cry outburst. Sehun tries to keep on his flat face, not wanting to show emotion or weakness to Lulu though his heart hurts like crazy at that moment. If he lets his emotion take the best of him, he'd probably be hugging his ex-wife right now.

The door to the twins' bedroom creaked open. A little head with messy hair peeked through the door. Hannie woke up to sounds of people arguing with each other. She grabbed her Ariel doll and walked out her bedroom to check what the sounds are coming from. To her surprise, she saw Sehun walking right past her.

"Appa!" she called out, her thumb. "Where are you going?"

Sehun walked to her, kneeling down in front of her. "Appa is going home. Do you want to come home with appa?"

"No!" Hannie cried, hands reaching out to Sehun immediately, dropping her doll to the floor. She wrapped her arms around Sehun's neck in hope to stop him. "Appa stay."

"I can't." Sehun kissed her nose. "Hannie should choose. Don't you want to go home with appa? We can go get ice cream on our way home just like usu-"

"Hannie?" a soft voice called, making Hannie look back. This time it's her mama who is kneeling down, a few feet away from her and Sehun. Her eyes and nose are red, tears streaming down her cheeks. "P-please come here."

"Why mama cry?" Hannie asked, letting go of Sehun immediately to go to her mama. But Sehun pulled her back by her wrist.

"Let's go home with appa, Hannie." Sehun asked her once again.

"Why mama cry?" the little girl asked again, slapping Sehun's hand as to ask him to let her go.

In the end, Sehun has no choice but to let his daughter go. Hannie ran to Lulu's arms, asking her mama why she is crying while hugging her tightly, trying to comfort her mama. Sehun clenched his fist angrily, disappointment running through his veins because Hannie still chooses her mama over him. He stood up unwillingly before walking to the apartment door once again.

"Appa!" Hannie yelled again. "Where are you going?"

"Home." Sehun answered simply.

Hannie tried to run and chase him, but her mama is hugging her small body to hers. Sehun waved a small 'bye' gesture, giving her an air-kiss from afar. Hannie panicked when Sehun opened the door. The blonde man stayed by the doorway, looking longingly at his daughter.

"Appa is going home for now." he said, a tired smile on his face. "But I promise to pick you up soon, princess. Bye."

Luhan tensed at her ex-husband's words. Hannie stared at him in confusion as the man closed the door to her apartment. The little girl watched as her appa disappeared through the closed door for a few seconds before realizing that her appa is not coming back. Hannie began crying, squirming out of Lulu's hold and ran to the door. She punched the door, crying while mumbling Sehun's name incoherently, calling him to come back.

Meanwhile, all Lulu can do is sit down on the floor helplessly, watching her daughter tire herself out by calling her appa who is not coming back.

Maybe it was just too much for her to hope that they can fix everything and live like a normal family. They simply can't. Everything is just not the same.

 

Night came just like that. The employees bowed down slightly when she walked by through the halls. Melrose gave them all a slight curt as acknowledgment. She fastened her walking pace because she felt something wrong in her guts happening. The lights in the hall she's walking in slowly got dimmer and dimmer. Melrose confidently strode through her hotel's bar, approaching their only customer whom is sitting by the bar, facing glasses of wine.

"Welcome to Rosewoods Hotel." she grinned. "I knew you'd like our wine."

The said customer looked up. His face is pale, a few beads of tears are raining down his cheeks. He gave Melrose a sad smile that probably doesn't even reach his eyes. She wouldn't know for sure because his usually pushed-back blonde hair is now down, messily covering his eyes.

Melrose frowned as she reach out to brush away his hair from his face. "You're drunk, aren't you? Sehun?"

Sehun crashed his lips on hers.


 

 

{author's note}

I'm sorry that this is kind of not fair - but dumb Sehun and slow Lulu need to learn their lessons :(
Your votes please? :)

Vote date limit is October 20th! Choose carefully :)


 

Thanks for everyone that voted for this poll! :) There are more than a hundred votes by October 20th and a few lol comments. I know nobody likes what I'm going to do - but for the sake of this story's progress, I have to do it.

Hoon with Lulu, Hannie with Sehun (option B) - won by 61% of the votes! Woww!
And who are the 8 crazy persons that voted for them to get adopted by Melrose lol I WAS JUST KIDDING WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR IT omgg! #crackingup

The next update is going to take pretty long since I'm on test-week again OTL But I do hope this you enjoyed this chapter :)

Subscribe, upvote, and leave your (lovely) comments after reading! :) 

P.S I'm on Tumblr - I don't post much but if someone wants a follow/follow-back, I'll be glad to do so <3

- KPOPMonstahh