The Welcome Party

Little Bambies

Sehun dried his hair with a white towel just as he went out the bathroom that morning. He woke up earlier than usual despite the accident that happened yesterday night. It's unexplainable; the excitement contained in Sehun's heart, hoping that morning will come soon enough so he can play with his two angels-slash-monsters.

Speaking of them, the two are still sleeping peacefully on their little bellies, mouth slightly open, and drooling rivers onto the bed sheets. Yet Sehun doesn't want it any other way. He tiptoed to the bed and slide up to lay between them, putting his hand around their necks, watching them sleep.

Hannie stirred and opened her eyes from the sudden pressure on her neck, squinting from the brightness before looking back at Sehun with  her sleepy eyes. Sehun coos at her, pulling her closer to his chest.

"Good morning, you." Sehun laughed when Hannie pouted angrily at him for waking her up so early. "It's time to wake up."

The girl squirmed, stretching her body tiredly before sitting up on the bed. "Sehunnie-"

"Appa, Hannie-ah." he teased the sleepy girl, correcting her way of calling him.

"Uhhmm." Hannie crawled to Sehun, head down to snuggle to his chest and hide her embarrassment. "A-appa." she mumbled in a small voice.

"Yes?" Sehun replied. The beautiful word she addresses him as is still unfamiliar for him, but it feels so right at the same time. This is a one change that Sehun will surely love.

"Hannie tiwred." she slurred, eyes closing again as her body relaxes on top of Sehun's chest, slowly drifting off to sleep again. Sehun chuckled, drawing circles on her back, making her even more comfortable in sleep.

"Fine," Sehun let her go back to sleep. "then we won't be going somewhere fun today."

Both twins jolted up from the bed, running out the bedroom to ask Nanny Kim to help them get ready as usual. Sehun laughed at their excitement. With all these problems happening this past week, Sehun thinks they deserve a break from being coped up in a boring office and go somewhere fun instead. This could as well be a celebration day for the twins and Sehun for forming a family relationship yesterday.

Whether it'd be a children's park, children's cafe, or an amusement park, Sehun doesn't mind. As long as he gets to have fun together with the twins.

 

 

If today's morning is great for Sehun, today's morning for Chanyeol is not a very good one. In fact, it might be a one of the worse morning for him.

When Chanyeol woke up that morning, he found himself alone in their bedroom. Baekie must've woke up before him and went out. That's really weird considering that the heavily pregnant woman never wakes up even before Chanyeol ever since her pregnancy enters her third month. She usually wakes up an hour after Chanyeol.

Chanyeol rubs his eyes harshly before yawning widely. He sat up on his bed, rubbing the back of his head while looking around the bedroom. His eyes spotted a piece of post-it sticked to the back of his bed with writings on it.

It's a memo from Baekie.

                I still can't believe you put the twins in Sehun's care when you know perfectly well that Lulu tries her best to hide them from him. I'll be going to Sehun's office to claim the twins back from him. When I get back, you're so dead, Park Chanyeol.

It took Chanyeol quite a while for his brain to process the meaning of the memo. When he fully understands it;

"."

 

"Baek, I'm picking you up right now. You better wait for me quietly there."

"Huh, strange. Why do you expect me to listen to you if you don't listen to me, Park Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol pulled his hair out of frustration, his other hand gripping the steering wheel tighter. The car behind him began honking furiously, practically yelling at him to drive properly. "I'm sorry, okay? It's just that now Lulu is ill, I think Sehun deserves a chance to at least meet the twins and take care of them even for a short while."

"Still! Yeol, it's not your decision to make. That's really nice of you, but what if Sehun finds out? What if he won't let them go later? I don't want to have my best friend hurt because of him twice. I'm still going to talk to him."

"Byun Baekie, I'll talk to Sehun myself. Now wait in the lobby for me and sit quietly."

"No! I can't trust you with the twins anymore. Hang up, Chanyeol. I won't go home without the twins."

The line went dead and Chanyeol cursed loudly. The car behind him keeps honking, so Chanyeol rolled down his window and curse back at him. He's not usually a grumpy driver, but he's really frustrated today so just heck with it. He sped up and drives to Sehun's office as fast as he can.

 

Baekie walks back and forth in the lobby, waiting for the turtle-like lady behind the counter to make a phone call to allow her proceed upstairs to Sehun's office. She's fuming at the moment and the contractions in her stomach isn't helping her mood. She taps her foot impatiently, glaring at the lady to intimidate her just so she could move faster.

The lady timidly thank whoever it is on the other line of the phone before putting the phone down. She glances at Baekie nervously as the latter began making her way to the counter again.

"Well?"

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Byun, you cannot go to Mr. Oh's office without any appointment days before." she informed, voice cracking at the end a little, scared at the petite pregnant woman.

"Impossible!" Baekie yelled. "I'm one of his closest friend! I can always go there anytime I want!"

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Byun, but I can't let you g-"

"STOP APOLOGIZING!" she slammed her hand onto the counter. "Look, now call your boss again and tell him that I'll be coming up to meet him because I have an important matter to discuss with him."

"But, Mrs. Byun, with all my due respect, Mr. Oh hasn't come to his office today."

"Then just open up his office and let me wait in there for him!" Baekie persists. "My swollen feet are killing me right now so you better not tell me I can't go in there."

The lady behind the counter visibly gulped in fear. She uses both her hands to politely gesture a chair in the lobby for Baekie to sit on. "Coming inside Mr. Oh's office is prohibited without-"

"NO! I don't want to sit on that ugly chair! I'm going to wait for Sehun in his office and you can't stop me." she sternly announced, making her way to the elevator.

Unfortunately for her, two buff security guards are standing in front of it and held her back from coming inside the elevator along with the other employees. Instead, they caught her arms and carefully guide her back to the lobby. But Byun Baekie is not someone who knows how to give up.

"LISTEN YOU JERKS! I'M GONNA GO HAVE SEHUN KICK YOUR MUSCLE-Y BUTTS IF YOU DON'T LET ME GO NOW! I'M GONNA GO COUNT TO THREE!" she squirms around in their hold, trying to take her arms out of their hold.

"I'm very sorry, miss. It's in the rules." one of the guards started lifting her off the air gently because she was struggling too much.

"ONE!" Baekie should've stopped by then. Her stomach started to hurt a lot and she's starting to get very exhausted.

"You look tired, miss. You should sit here and wait."

"TWO!" she felt her contractions getting stronger.

The guards noticed her face pales and her nose crinkles in pain. "Miss, are you okay? Should we call the ambulance for you?"

"THR-"

Water streamed down Baekie's legs, making the three stopped in their tracks and froze at the sight of puddle of water on the floor, dripping from between Baekie's legs. Both guards had the expression of horror and panic on their face. People started gathering around them and panic along. Among the crowd, a tall awkward giant pushes his way to see what's wrong.

Baekie looks up and met eyes with a dumbstruck looking Chanyeol.

"Yeol, my water broke."

 

 

Baekie is hysterically crying in pain in Chanyeol's arms by the time they arrived in the hospital, whimpering how much it hurts and how much she's sorry for not being thoughtful of Chanmi. Chanyeol is carrying her in his arms, trying to be careful and not drop her like he usually would with the things he holds.

Doctors and nurses began swarming around him the second he stepped inside the hospital. After all, Chanyeol is not someone usual. He's a CEO too and nobody looks down on Park Chanyeol. They helped Chanyeol put Baekie down on a white bed gently before pushing her to the operation room.  

 A doctor stopped Chanyeol from coming inside with them. "We'll need to do the C-section."

"What?" Chanyeol yelled a little too loudly. "I may not be a medical student but I know it's more dangerous! Why can't you let Baek give birth normally?"

"Mr. Park, this is a premature birth and Mrs. Park looks very unstable at the moment. My team will do our best and help your wife give birth to your daughter safely. Please trust us, we don't have much time." a doctor with mask on his neck persuaded Chanyeol.

Nobody is with him. Chanyeol has to make a decision for the two most important girls in his life all by himself. He wants to cry and yell in frustration so badly right now. "I- Please do your best."

"We will, Mr. Park." the doctor patted his back to comfort him before running back inside the operation room to handle Baekie.

Chanyeol plopped down on the waiting room's chair. His elbows on his knees as his hands pull out his hair out of frustration. His eyes are red yet he doesn't want to cry and be weak. He needs to be strong. For his two precious loved ones. So Chanyeol does what he can do; he signed the C-section operation agreement form and clasped his hands, he prayed to God for the best.

 

But after minutes, Chanyeol couldn't help it anymore and he really needed someone to be there for him. He fished his phone out of his pocket and dialed for his best friend.

"Oh hey, Yeol! What's up?" Sehun cheerfully answered after two rings. Sounds of the twins laughing could be heard as well and Chanyeol couldn't help but feel bad that he's disturbing them. He stayed silent, trying to hold in his cries. Sehun must've noticed it as well. "Chanyeol? Is something wrong?"

"S-sehun," Chanyeol mumbled in a low voice. "Baek's water broke. She's in so much pain- It's premature birth- I- it's dangerous- they're doing the C-section and I-"

"I'll be there soon." with that, Sehun hung up.

 

Not even fifteen minutes later, Chanyeol is attacked with big hugs from the twins. He lifted them up to the seat next to him, letting them comfort him with their hugs. Sehun ran to them not long after, standing in front of Chanyeol, offering him tissues.

"Uncle Chanyeol don't cry." Hannie whispered.

"Aunty Baekie good." Hoon assured.

"Yeah, Yeol. This is a great hospital. I'm sure they'll be able to operate both Baekie and Chanmi safely. They'll be fine. Stop crying like a baby. You don't want to meet Chanmi for the first time with red and bloated eyes." Sehun patted his friend's back.

Chanyeol laughed weakly. The twins began wiping his tears harshly, as if they're wiping the window. Sehun laughed and told them to be more gentle because Uncle Chanyeol's face couldn't be scratch when he meets his daughter. The twins obeyed and give Chanyeol kisses on his cheeks as an apology before wiping his tears again, gently this time.

"I called the others. They're all coming here soon. They can't wait to see Chanmi." Sehun told Chanyeol to ease the latter's feelings. Chanyeol thanked him.

"I'm sorry you have to cancel your fun date." he apologized.

Sehun shook his head and lifted Hoon off Chanyeol and onto his lap. Hoon leaned on his chest and began playing with his V-neck. "Nah, it's fine. The important thing is we already had ice cream. So we had no regret whatsoever."

"Appa give Hoon and Hannie chocolate ice cweam!" Hoon told Chanyeol in excitement, jumping up and down on Sehun's lap.

Chanyeol lifted his head off the floor and looked at Sehun in confusion. "Appa? Why is Hoon calling you appa?"

The blonde was just about to tell Chanyeol the good news about him thinking of being the twins' foster father, but Kris beat him to it. The tall chinese man ran to them and kneeled in front of Chanyeol, worry evident in his eyes.

"Ayo waddup Krease?" Chanyeol greeted, trying to assure Kris that he's a little better.

"Don't joke around. How's Baekie?" he asked immediately. Kris knows how hard and how much Chanyeol and Baekie want to have a child, so hearing the sudden incident shocked him a lot.

"Inside. Please don't give me that sad expression, Kris. I want to stay positive." Chanyeol told the chinese man. Kris nodded and sighed heavily. He walked to Chanyeol's other side and took a seat next to Chanyeol, shifting Hannie to the seat next to him. Hannie greeted him before moving seat next to Sehun.

 

An excruciatingly long hour and a half later, cries is heard from the other side of the door, making Chanyeol stand up hurriedly from his seat, startling the other two men and the twins. The twins looked at Sehun questioningly, confused to why Chanyeol is being so fidgety all the sudden.

"Do you think that could be-"

The door of the operation room slammed open and a nurse came out with a wrinkly baby wrapped in soft pink towel blanket inside a glass box which is known as an incubator. She stopped in front of Chanyeol for a while, muttering a quick 'congratulations' before proceeding to push the incubator to the baby's room (probably).

It was a brief meeting, but both Sehun and Kris saw her perfectly clear. She's beautiful; exactly the mixture of both Chanyeol and Baekie's good features. Proud feeling warmed up their chests when they saw Chanyeol panicking at the sight of his own daughter. Hoon and Hannie were jumping up and down since earlier, wanting to see their new friend.

"That's Chanmi, right?" Chanyeol asked Sehun and Kris. The two nodded, big grin plastered on their faces.

The door of the operation room slammed open once more, this time a doctor came out of it, looking for Chanyeol. His surgical mask pulled down to his chin, showing his smile to the three in the waiting room. The lanky tall guy immediately ran to the doctor, asking how is his wife while shaking the poor doctor's shoulders.

"Mrs. Park is fine. She's sleeping inside. She needs at least a proper two hours of rest after what she's been through. Congratulations, Mr. Park. Now please excuse me while I go to tend your daughter in the incubator." the doctor smiled widely.

But Chanyeol didn't get to see the smile because as soon as the doctor said Baekie is fine, Chanyeol's pupils rolled backwards and fainted onto the white hospital floor, a sheepish grin on his face.

As freaked out Hoon and Hannie were the first minutes after Chanyeol fainted so suddenly, they broke out into laughter as Kris started pulling Chanyeol's facial features, making him do funny faces. Sehun too laughed at the sight. He took out his phone and took pictures of it to commemorate this beautiful moment - and for future blackmailing purposes. The twins swarmed around him, wanting to see their funny creations, leaving Chanyeol all alone on the floor.

Everything is perfect for now.

 

 

Two hours later, after Chanyeol woke up and freak out a little - much - more, he is finally allowed to go inside Baekie's room. The gang arrived there an hour before, all congratulating him with glowing faces, happy for their friend. They all patted Chanyeol's back for support and practically pushed him inside Baekie's room.

Baekie's room has a homey feeling in it. It has cream wallpaper, a TV in front of the bed, and a small table next to the window, complete with a vase of flowers on it. Yet, the new mother can't feel at ease at all, jumping from her bed to her husband in anxiety. Chanyeol's eyes widened, but he managed to catch her from falling, thankfully.

"Baek, don't-"

"YEOL I HAVEN'T SEEN CHANMI! WHERE IS SHE?! TAKE ME TO HER OR I SWEAR I'LL JUMP OUT THE WINDOW TO SEARCH FOR HER MYSELF. OH MY GOD, MY BABY GIRL IS ALL ALONE IN A FREAKING SCARY PLACE WHILE I'M LOCKED UP IN THIS HORRIBLE-"

Chanyeol rang the emergency bell.

 

"She's beautiful." Chanyeol breathed out.

"Look at her ears. That's basically a miniature of yours." Baekie weakly let out a chuckle. Chanyeol joined her chuckle, hugging his wife from behind. She may still be on a wheelchair, but the doctor assured that she'll be fine.

After Baekie's sudden anxiety attack, the doctor and nurses came in hurriedly inside to assist Chanyeol. They insisted that Baekie should rest a little more and not go outside yet (because her stitches are new), but with Baekie growling at them, they have no choice left but to let her go outside on a wheelchair. Chanyeol promised them that he'd keep Baekie calm the whole time so nothing will happen to her. With that, they went out to the baby's room to go see their child.

Their child.

Park Chanmi - 2.97 kg, 51 cm - the beautiful flower of the Park family came to this world miraculously. She's still in the incubator since she was born prematurely, but Chanyeol and Baekie can't help but shed tear of happiness with the birth of their flesh and blood. Their love child.

"She looks just like you, Baek. I can't wait to see her smile. I hope it's as pretty as yours." Chanyeol continued.

"Yeah, don't want people to call my baby a creep." Baekie husband who pouted instantly at the statement.

"You love this creep. I'm your creep." Chanyeol whispered to Baek's ear, making her blush. He chuckled at the cute reaction.

"Baek, I love you." he blurted out.

"I love you too, Mr. Big Ears." Baekie kissed his cheek. Chanyeol grinned so widely it started to hurt people's mouth from seeing him.

A rush of emotion ran through Chanyeol's chest the first time he saw baby Chanmi. He's happy, glad, grateful, touched, and overwhelmed all at the same time. He's a proud father who witnessed the birth of his own child - a privilege not every father gets. His brain popped up the image of his best friend, Oh Sehun. Suddenly Chanyeol felt pity for Sehun because the man missed the birth of his own children. He missed the birth of his two babies.

Speaking of which, where are Sehun and the twins anyway? Could they be going to the hospital cafeteria, the garden, the bathroom, or - oh no. Not possible, right? That's impossible. Not that impossible, but still- NO!

"Baekie please don't kill me."

 

 

Hannie wouldn't stop smiling ever since Sehun agreed that he'll take her and Hoon to their mama. The twins are upset because they don't get to see their new friend yet and decided to pout for a full hour. Sehun can't take it anymore and offered them if they want to go somewhere else - besides, the others are there for Chanyeol already, so no worries.

Apparently, it seems that the twins' mama is being treated in the same hospital. The twins know their mama's room by heart and beg Sehun to take them there. Hannie wants her new appa to be friends with her mama, so she wants to introduce him to her. Sehun saw that everyone is too distracted from excitement of Chanmi's birth that he decided to just go for a while without telling them.

The elevator dinged and opens. Hoon and Hannie hopped in, pulling Sehun inside with them. The elevator is empty, no one else is in there. When the door closed, Hannie began pushing the floor button, giggling to herself because nobody lets her pressed it herself before. Sehun chuckled at her cute antics, while lifting Hoon up because the boy is getting sleepy.

"Mama and appa be frwiends!" Hannie smiled so sweetly it gives Sehun's teeth cavities.

Although Sehun never wonders about it before, he started to feel nervous about meeting the twins' mother. She may not be awake when he finally meets her, but still, knowing what kind of woman she really is, what she really looks like makes him fidgety.

Sehun has this feminine motherly woman image of the twins' mama in his imagination. Looking at her for real may change his perceptions of her. What's she like? Is she fair or tanned? Does she have curly hair or straight hair? Is she attractive-

Shut up, brain.

Not that it's completely inappropriate or anything. For the first time in four years, Sehun is actually imagining another woman. He's 28 years old and if the twins' mama is Chanyeol's friend, she won't be that much older, right? Her husband left her, so she's a single like Sehun. The twins are both handsome and pretty, so their mama should be beautiful as well. The twins are well mannered and are adorable kids, so their mama must be a great woman with great personality if she taught them well all by herself.

As much as it sounds inappropriate, Sehun is pretty interested in her. And if, if he could build up a relationship with her, he and the twins can be a proper family. A real proper family.

It's easy for him to fall for the twins, how hard can it be to fall for their mother?

The elevator came to a stop and the three of them step out the elevator. Hoon squirms in Sehun's arms, obviously excited with the thought of seeing his mama even though he's super sleepy at the moment. Sehun holds Hannie's hand, making sure the girl doesn't run off without him anywhere. She leads the way to her mama's room, mumbling the numbers on the door as she goes.

But after 10 minutes of going back and forth the floor, Sehun figures that Hannie doesn't know her mama's room number after all. Hoon is already limp in his arms after the tiring 'adventure' around the hospital floor. Sehun chuckled in ridicule. Hannie looked up to him while pouting cutely, clearly disappointed with herself.

"Should appa call Uncle Chanyeol and ask what number is mama's room?" Sehun asked. Hannie nodded excitedly, jumping up and down.

Just when Sehun was about to press the call button to call Chanyeol, a nurse came and smile kindly at him and the twins and she walks by.

"Oh? It's Hannie. Hello, sweetie." the nurse greeted, her clipboard hugged to her chest when she squatted down to greet Hannie. The nurse is already familiar with her face after the loads of times she came to visit her mama."Are you here to visit mama?"

Hannie nodded in excitement. "Yes! Hannie bring Sehunnie appa meet mama! But Hannie fowget mama sleep room." she said her last sentence with her adorable pouting face, making both Sehun and the nurse laugh at her.

"That's okay, I can show you the way." the nurse ruffled her hair kindly before standing up once again and gesture her hand to her left side. She smiled to Sehun, "Please follow me."

They continued walking, Sehun jumping a little to fix the way he carries Hoon on the way there. They stopped to the fifth room just before the end of the floor. The kind nurse gently opened the door for them, then stepping aside to let them come in the patient room.

Sehun thanked her for guiding them there, smiling charmingly at the same time. He tried shaking Hoon a little to see if the boy wants to wake up and see his mama. But it seems like Hoon is beat tired, so Sehun lets him continue to sleep on his shoulder. He follows the nurse and Hannie walking to the bed behind the slightly transparent curtain.

"Mama!" Hannie called, a sweet smile on her face.

The blonde man took one look at the woman on the hospital bed before going drastically pale.

 

 

{drabble}

"Tao?" Kris called his wife the minute he stepped in their house.

Truth be told, Kris is kind of worried. Because for one, he hasn't been home for months since Tao told him the news. He hasn't met Tao for a month now (which is a new record). Two, Kris is silently anticipating if he'll be able to see a bump on Tao's stomach. Three, obviously Tao will wushu him to Galaxy.

"Baby panda?" he called one more time. But he's only met with silence.

The pit of his stomach moved uncomfortably. He felt cold sweat trickling down his forehead. His wife always replies to his callings no matter what she's doing. Tao isn't answering him now and it could only mean one thing: something is wrong.

Kris ran like he never ran before. He stomped his way up the stairs, calling Tao's name in repeat, hoping the younger would come out of their bedroom to tell Kris that she's okay or at least answer him.

He sprinted to their bedroom and slammed the door opened. His eyes began moving frantically, looking for his wife. Kris found her curled up on the bed. She is groaning softly in pain, her hands clutching the small bump on her stomach. Her eyes are barely opened.

"Tao." Kris called, slowly turning her around to face him. He pulled Tao onto his lap and hug her head lightly. "What happened?"

"I- f-fell on m-my stoma- gege, it h-hurts." she answered through her gritted teeth.

The older chinese man wasted no time and took out his phone.

"I need an ambulance now."


 

 

{author's note}

Kinda lost the bet I made with my sister. I only got 25 upvotes until the last chapter - supposed to go for 30 but oh well.
I'm sorry but now my laptop will be in her possession for the next three days since I lost. 

Sooo, what do you think of this chapter? I'm sorry I took a long time. As I said, I'm trying my best to write this fiction while balancing it with my school works. My school is demanding quite a lot these days and I'm pretty exhausted. Stoopid high school.

I'll be in a few weeks hiatus or so before the next chapter can be posted. I'm really really sorry.

BUT HEY! I finally let Sehunnie met the twins' mama; how do you feel about that? Yeheeet!

I'll be going now. Thanks for reading this chapter.
A special wee wow for
bb_baekribs and Jhonhoie16 unnie who managed to guess who PCM is correctly! It's Park Chanmi lol! Sorry for being a troll on that one.

Thank you to all my dearest subscribers, my lovely upvoters, and for all the awesome comments you all left bellow for every chapter.

(i hope i can get 30 votes when the next chapter is posted?)

Thanks for reading the chapter! Please do subscribe, upvote, and leave your comments bellow <3

See you next timee OTL.

- KPOPMonstahh