Awkward the Musical

Little Bambies

{warning: over-use of the word awkward}


 

 

Woof! Woof!

Hoon and Hannie's head instantly snapped up, looking at Pluto popping out from the clock. Their faces instantly brightened, looking at each other excitedly. They help each other tidy their toys before they ran hand-in-hand to the kitchen where their mama is preparing dinner.

"Mama?"

"Hmm?" Lulu answered without looking away from the meat seasoning.

"When will appa come?"

Luhan put the salt-shaker down and glanced at the clock on the kitchen's wall. "It's five already? He should be coming soon, sweethearts."

It has been a week since their (kind of) custody trial and the twins are feeling the happiest ever since. Sehun and Lulu have finally came into an agreement with their arrangement of time with the twins. It wasn't easy at first since they both are still wary with each other. But it's settled now and that's all that matters.

They agreed that the twins would be living with Lulu on weekdays. She is after all at home more often than Sehun (she works from home). Second, it was clear that Luhan is better than the blonde male in childcare. So on weekdays, Sehun would come stop by Lulu's apartment after work, exactly around five just to play with the twins for an hour or two.

On weekends, the twins sleeps at Sehun's apartment. Lulu agrees because she also thinks that they need longer father-children bonding time. So the twins are in Sehun's care every weekend until Monday morning when he sends them back to Lulu's.

It's not the best arrangement, but at least they both agree to it and the twins are happy.

"Mama, call appa!" Hannie squealed happily.

Luhan chuckled at her excitement, kneeled down and gave her children pecks on their cheeks. "He's going to be here soon. You don't need to call him. Calm down and stop jumping around you two. The neighbors downstairs will be angry."

Hoon and Hannie exchanged guilty looks before laying down on the floor. Hannie placed her hands beside and apologized, "Sorry, neiwbors."

"Yeah. Sorry, neighbowrs." Hoon followed.

Ding Dong!

"APPA!"

The two got up immediately at the sound of the bell, practically sprinting to the door to welcome their appa. Lulu smiles at her children's antics as she wipes her hands off the possible food on them before making her way to the door too.

Sehun is standing in front of the doorway when she opened the door. At the sight of the twins, he squats down in lightning speed, opening his arms for a hug from the twins. Lulu only smiled in delight at the sight.

"Luhan." Sehun greeted with an awkward smile.

"Sehun." Luhan greeted back with an awkward smile as well.

Awkward.

"I- I should probably get back to the kitchen uh-"

"Uh- yeah, you do that."

"R-right." Lulu smiled awkwardly once more before fast-walking to the kitchen.

Awkward.

All their attempts of being nice to each other ended up being more and more embarrassing every single time. It was really weird to be welcoming and to smile to your ex-spouse who suddenly popped back into your life after four years. Both Lulu and Sehun are awkward with each other. It's a fact.

Lulu sighed and went back to stirring stew.

 

Sehun plopped down the small couch and covered his face with his arm, feeling oh so awkward. He now knows why exes don't meet up with each other that much. Now that the anger is slowly fading away, all there is left in his heart is awkwardness.

Well, at least he's now together with his little angels; who are rambling at the same time about their day. He chuckled at their adorable-ness. He can't help it.

"Appa, you stay for dinner tonight?" Hannie asked, crawling up to Sehun's lap.

Stay and eat dinner with his children sounds nice. But stay and eat dinner on the same table with his ex-wife through one meal will be quite awkward.

"I don't think I should, princess." Sehun rubs her back in circular motion, cooing at her because the little girl has started pouting cutely.

"But Hoon and Hannie have birthday tomorrow!" Hoon protested, threatening to bite Sehun's left hand.

Well that came out as a too strong of an argument, buddy. "A- appa needs to uhm,"

"But tomorrow Satuwrday! Appa not go to work!" Hannie joined in.

Sehun looks at his son and his daughter, suddenly wondering where are the twins who only know 3-4 words went and how did this twins learn to reason so smartly. He's rather proud and annoyed at the same time.

"You have to ask your mama though." Sehun tried. He's somehow sure that Lulu can find a better excuse for him.

Just then, Lulu came out the kitchen with a pot of stew. His eyes met hers and he feels awkward all over again (he's pretty sure the chinese woman feels the same). He quickly looked away, only watching her through his peripheral vision as she places dinner on the dining table. Sehun has to admit that the food looks appetizing though.

"Mama!" Hoon jumped down the couch and ran to Lulu. "Appa can stay and eat dinner, rwight?"

Lulu looked at Sehun again, the latter quickly looking away to avoid awkward eye contact. Luhan sighed and squats down to Hoon's eye-level, "Baby, I think appa wants to go home and rest."

"But tomorrow is Hoon birthday." Hoon reasoned.

"Hannie birthday too!" Hannie pouted. "Appa always go home and not eat dinner with Hannie, gege, and mama."

Lulu feels guilty about that. It's true that the twins are probably confused as to why they never eat together. They probably want to have a special dinner since tomorrow's their birthday. It is also their first birthday with Sehun in their lives, so it has to be meaningful for them.

"Alright," Lulu said, making the twin's beam in happiness. "that is if appa wants to."

All three pairs of eyes are now directed at Sehun whose eyes are wide open in surprise that Luhan actually said yes to the twins. So what else can he say now? "Okay then."

 

He shouldn't have said okay. Only the kids are eating comfortably, the two adults are fidgeting in their seats. Sehun and Luhan are seated right across each other, their eyes would meet everytime they lifted their heads up. Awkward. They want to finish their meals as soon as possible, but it was so uncomfortable they couldn't swallow their food.

The kids are busy chattering away to notice the awkward atmosphere, talking about how they're going to be good kids and sleep early tonight because they can't wait for tomorrow to come. They're excited to (finally) be 4 years olds and they're going to celebrate it cheerfully.

"Mama, we go see Mickey tomorrow, right?" Hannie asked while chewing her food.

Lulu's face suddenly fell for some reason and Sehun doesn't have a good feeling about it. The woman reached out for Hannie's hair and brushed her hair off her face. "I'm sorry sweetie, but we're not going. We can go to the park instead and play as long as you want to! How about that?"

"But mama say we can go see Mickey when Hoon and Hannie birthday." Hannie whined.

"I-" Luhan smiled sadly to Hoon this time. "The tickets are sold out when mama tried to buy it yesterday, Hannie, I'm so sorry. We can go and buy Mickey dolls in the toy store tomorrow if you like?"

"But Hoon want to see Mickey." Hoon suddenly put his spoon down.

"I'm sorry, baby." Lulu put her chopsticks down as well to hold Hoon's hands. "We cannot enter without a ticket. But there is no tickets left. Mama promise we can go see Mickey next year, okay?"

"But Hannie want to see Mickey when Hannie birthday!" the girl is on the verge of crying. And it looks like her mama is too.

"What is this about?" Sehun finally asked after getting confused.

Lulu looked up to him and for the first time it's not awkward. "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is holding a musical show here and it's exactly on Hoon and Hannie's birthday. I told them we can go but the website is always overloaded when I tried to buy the tickets and I have no time to buy it personally. When I can finally access the website, the tickets are sold out."

That's when Hannie burst out crying in her seat. Luhan panicked, quickly going to her side and began offering other things and places she can go to on her birthday. Hoon started looking down too so Sehun began patting the boy's back to soothe him.

"H-hey, maybe appa can get you the tickets!" he blurted out.

"Appwa can?" Hannie asked, in between her snots.

Sehun nodded, earning him a worried and questioning look from Luhan. "Yes. So stop crying and eat your dinner, alright? We're going to see Mickey tomorrow."

Hoon and Hannie cheered up from Sehun's words and their smiles are back again in instant (much to Luhan and Sehun's relief). "YAY! We can all go togethewr! Appa, mama, Hannie, and gege!"

With that, dinner is back on track. The best part is that after the commotion, the awkward atmosphere lessens a lot than before. But then again, it's still awkward.

 

"T-thanks for dinner, Lu." Sehun said when Lulu took him to the door. The twins are already in their pajamas, trying to sleep off their excitement for the next day.

"Y-you're welcome." Luhan replied with a small smile. "S-Sehun? Thanks for lying about the Mickey musical thing. I'll distract them somehow so they won't cry when you come tomorrow."

Sehun smiled back. "I'm not lying. I'm really taking them to the musical show. It's their first birthday with me. I'm not going to disappoint them."

Her eyes widened, the big doe brown Bambi eyes stares right into his eyes. "Really? Sehun, the tickets are sold out."

..  Those Bambi eyes are still trying to kill me. So dreamy-

Coughing from embarrassment, Sehun nodded. "I'll try to get it, Lu. Don't worry."

"T-thank you, Sehun-ah."

"Don't thank me, they're my kids too." Sehun smiled awkwardly. Silence ensues. Awkward. "I-I should go now."

"Okay. G-good night, Sehun." Lulu said softly.

"G-good night, Lu."

See? Awkward.

 

Despite that, Sehun gave a call to Luhan, saying that he (somehow) got the 3 PM show's tickets for four.

 

 

The hall is crowded already with kids and their parents. Lulu quickly took the twin's hand, holding them close to her so she wouldn't lose them in the crowd. It was rather hard because the twins keep wanting to go everywhere. The place's a Disney fan's dream come true! Even though the musical's only about Mickey and his friends, there are so many other Disney characters around.

"Mama! Look Anna!" Hannie pointed to a crew in Anna costume selling Frozen goodies in the Frozen stand.
"Mama! There is Pluto!" Hoon pointed to a Pluto clown who is wandering around.

"Don't let go of mama's hands please." Luhan pulled the twins even closer to her. The toddlers are trying to run away to different directions and Lulu is feeling extremely anxious about losing her kids. "We need to find your appa first, alright?"

The woman took her kids to a secluded corner (making them frown) so she can make a phone call to Sehun and ask him where he is. After being told where Sehun is, she hurriedly grabs Hoon and Hannie's hands again, afraid they'll run off and get lost. The three then made their way to where Sehun told Luhan he's waiting.

"Happ-"

"Appa! Hannie want to see Anna!" Hannie pleaded, hugging Sehun's leg right after they met.
"Appa! Hoon want to shake hands with Pluto!" Hoon began pulling on Sehun's coat.

Sehun chuckled, lifting both his children up into his arms at the same time before turning to Luhan. "Couldn't handle the excitement?"

Lulu smiled shyly and nodded. The kids are too hyper for her today. Sehun smiled back and led the twins to the stands (Lulu follows him too), buying them merchandises and snacks before the show. By the end of the looking-around trip, the Oh and Lu family are already wearing Mickey and Minnie headbands and the kids have their widest smile on.

"I think the show's starting in 20 minutes." Luhan said after checking her watch. "We have to line up to enter the performance hall now."

"Right." Sehun said as he Hoon's ice cream. "Let's go."

Sehun then led them to the entrance gate, putting the kids down to line up behind 4 other people. Luhan is rather doubtful if it's the right entrance because the other entrance gates are so crowded and this one has only a few people lining up to get in. "Sehun, are you sure this is the right one?"

The blonde man nodded. "Well, yeah, the tickets said Gate 1."

Only after a few minutes, the four got into the performance hall. It's very big with probably a thousand seats lining up from the front to the back. There are short walls separating the seats into groups like the Tribune, Silver, and Gold, and Platinum. There are also the balcony seats. But then Luhan realized that they got into the area nearest to the stage, which means one thing.

"Sehun, you got us the VIP seats tickets?" Lulu asked in disbelief. The tickets must have cost a fortune!

"Well, yeah. I got a few connections" Sehun answered it humbly like it was nothing to even worry about. "I couldn't get the first front seats though, we're three lines from the front. Come on, kiddos!"

With that, the twins race Sehun to their seats on the third line, leaving Luhan who's only walking behind them. Of course he can do that. He's the CEO of Oh Enterprises after all, Luhan almost forgot about that. She sat down next to Hoon, taking out the snacks they bought from her bag to the toddlers.

Not long after, the lights are turned off, giving the stage the spotlight. Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Clarabelle, Pluto, Pete, and more characters sang and danced on the stage enthusiastically. The twins wiggle on their seats the whole time, even standing up from their seats to dance along on a few songs. Luckily Sehun brought a camera to capture the adorable moments.

But it's not rare that he found his camera lense moving upwards, trying to take a picture of Lulu smiling oh so sweetly at the sight of their kids.
And he always ended up caught in the act by Luhan, who then would turn away to the stage, embarrassed.

Awkward.

On the ending song, Mickey and his friends went down the stage and approach the nearest audiences for handshakes, in short, they only came to the VIP area. The twins almost jumped off their seats when Goofy came and shake their hands.

"It's their birthday!" Sehun told the clown that is Goofy.

"Well then birthday boy and birthday girl should come up and dance on the stage! Ehehehegh!" Goofy laughed his signature laugh as he pulled the twins to dance with him.

A crew then came up to Luhan and Sehun, giving them cards, and told them to pick up Hoon and Hannie backstage later. Lulu smiles and waves happily to Hoon and Hannie even though they probably couldn't see her.

Turns out, each character brought two or three kids each to the stage. In no time, the stage is full of kids jumping up and down dancing weirdly. One kid started looking for his umma on stage and cried, cracking Sehun up. Lulu shakes her head in disapproval even though she's giggling at it herself.

 Confetti blew up merrily as the finale, meaning the show is over. The characters told the kids to wave goodbye to the audiences as the curtain closes. One by one, the families in the crowd began walking out the performance hall to go home as the show's over.

"Shall we?" Sehun turned to Luhan who was cleaning the biscuit packages the twins were eating.

Lulu nodded and stood up, too fast. Because then her Minnie Mouse hairband almost fell off her head. Sehun noticed this and took the hairband off her before placing it back on her head gently.

"S-Sehun?"

"Hu-" he stopped for a second, finding Lulu's bambi eyes staring at him intently. He instantly realized what he was doing. "Oh, right, sorry- I- your headbands almost fell off."

"T-thank you." She fixes her headband herself.

Awkward.

"L-let's go?"

 

"Appa! Mama!" the twins giggled, running to their parents' arms when the two entered backstage. Luhan chuckled, showering them with kisses when they arrived in her arms.

Sehun who was chuckling along with them suddenly met eyes with a friendly-looking man with a Disney t-shirt and a walkie-talkie. The man then walks forward, approaching them with an unsure face. Apparently he's not very sure if he's approaching the right person.

"Mr. Oh Sehun?" he asked. It drew Lulu's attention, making her look up to the two men who are exchanging greetings now.

"Yes." Sehun smiled, eyeing the man's nametag. "Oh! Mr. Moon. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Having been Sehun's spouse before, Luhan knows that from Sehun's professional tone of speech, this Mr. Moon is a business partner or a connection of his. Probably the one who helped him get the tickets.

"It's my pleasure to meet you and your lovely family! Mrs. Oh," he said, addressing Lulu casually, holding out his hand for a handshake which Lulu awkwardly took. "pleasure to meet you all. How was the show?"

"It was great. The kids had loads of fun." Sehun thanked him.

The two began their professional conversation - Sehun offering (promoting) his new performance hall in Jejudo for next year's Disney musical location and Mr. Moon coaxing the blonde to give him a good price for it. Luhan just smiles as she stands awkwardly at his side, hands holding the twins' so they won't run away.

 

 

After the show, the four went to a nearby diner, one which isn't too crowded. They sat down on a booth on the corner, Hoon next to Lulu on one side, Hannie next to Sehun on the other. They ate their dinner there, and afterwards, Luhan took out the twins' birthday cake which she prepared from home.

"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday Hoon and Hannie~ happy birthday to youu!" Sehun and Luhan sang together, clapping their hands as the twins keep their eyes on the cake on the table, preparing themselves to blow the candles.

"You can blow the candles now." Sehun chuckled.

The twins immediately blow on their candles, clapping for themselves when the candles are blown. "Mama, turn candle on again!"

Lulu laughed before turning the candles on again with a lighter. These kids seriously! The twins smiled happily, singing together before blowing the candles again and again.

"Stop moving, you two." Sehun complained. "Appa can't take a photo if you move too much."

As if teasing Sehun, both toddlers cover their face with their hands on purpose. Sehun pouted and grumbled, ignoring Luhan's laughs. The woman then sliced the cake and placed it on the twins' plates. As expected, the two quickly forgot what they were doing and dig in their cakes. Sehun took the photos successfully.

"BESTEST BURFDAY EVEW!" Hannie exclaimed. Lulu smiled widely, happy that her kids are enjoying themselves.

And Sehun felt the proudest he has ever felt in a long long time.

 

 

Awkward.

Having spent their energy in the day, the twins fell asleep right after their parent buckled them in the backseat. So the only ones awake in the car are Sehun (who's driving) and Luhan. It was getting stuffier, so being the gentleman he is, Sehun decided to break the silence.

"Uh, do you want to listen to the radio?"

"S-sure."

So the blonde turned the radio on. But it was getting hotter instead because the radio is now playing sad mellow; break-up songs. Lulu visibly stiffen and Sehun fidgets in his seat as sappy-full-of-regrets lyrics continue to fill the silent vehicle.

"Oh geez, the slow tone is making me sleepy." Sehun let out clumsily, hand turning off the radio quickly then awkwardly scratching the back of his head afterwards.

Luhan who was watching the blonde man then tried to stifle her chuckles. But it didn't work and so the woman ended up laughing in her seat, earning a judging look from Sehun who got shocked from the sudden turn-up of volume in the car.

"Uh- me being sleepy is funny to you?" he asked.

"No." Luhan chuckled a little bit more. "I'm just relieved that it wasn't actually me who feels awkward everytime we're left alone. You're even more awkward!"

"I am not!" Sehun defended himself. Luhan threw him a look. "Well, a little, but it's normal, right? I mean I'm hanging out with my ex-wife."

Lulu chuckled again before going quiet. "Do you think we'll be able to ever to get over it?"

"I think so," Sehun replied. "I hope so. Soon."

Both laughed out loud, forgetting their sleeping kids in the backseat for a moment. In the middle of their laughing, the two accidentally looked at each other, making the two cough out of awkwardness before turning quiet again.

The rest of the ride was quiet. It was awkward again, but a little less than before (if that's explainable enough). In between their fidgets and the twins' sleepy whimpers, they finally arrived. Sehun stopped the car in front of Luhan's apartment.

"W-well, we're here." Sehun started again awkwardly.

"Yeah. We are." Lulu replied. "I'll get down-"

Sehun chuckled. "See? You're more awkward."

Luhan chuckled at that. "Doesn't really make the situation any better."

"At least we're not shouting at each other's face." he said. Lulu nodded, agreeing. A car passed by them, its headlights shone through the passenger window of Sehun's car, illuminating Luhan's face and Sehun can see that she's smiling.

"So does that make this a good kind of awkward?"

"If you want to call it that, sure." Sehun replied, a smile on his face as well.

Luhan looked at Sehun's face properly, giving the blonde man her smile back. "I really enjoyed myself today, Sehun-ah. The twins are really happy today. Thank you."

"N-no need to thank me, I did too."

The woman smiled warmly, taking off her seatbelts and got off the car, but didn't close the door. "Make sure you tuck them properly tonight. Good night, Sehun."

Sehun nodded. "I will. Good night, Luhan."

With that, Luhan smile once more and closed the car's door. Sehun watched her walk in safely before he drives out the neighborhood to go home. Words can't explain how happy he is today as events from today keep replaying in his head. It's like he just got home from his first date.

He giggled.

Then he looked left and right, scared that someone might heard or see him giggling. He breathes out in relief as he remembers that he's in the car with his kids and only he is awake.

Awkward.

A scene of Lulu laughing with the twins from earlier that day popped up in his head.

Good kind of awkward, Sehun.

 

He giggled again. 


 

 

{author's note}

I actually wrote fail fluff. Oh God lol I can't stand myself anymore.

This chapter is way shorter than the angst-y ones, I'm not used with the happy (well, it was awkward mostly) scenes yet, excuse me.

I still can't believe I wrote fail fluff oh God OTL

I'm gonna go hide in embarassment now ..

Subscribe, upvote, and leave your comments bellow <3!

P.S I'm going to be really busy in May, I don't think I can update then; but I'll try my best! :) 

- KPOPMonstahh