The Other Appa

Little Bambies

Five days passed since the incident and fortunately, Sehun felt a lot better than he was that day.

He looked up from his paper works and watches the kids playing with their toys on the couch. Hoon plays with his favorite Buzz Lightyear robot while Hannie is cradling her baby doll. Hannie noticed that someone is watching her and turned around to meet eyes with Sehun. The CEO smiled to her, waiting for her to come to him and ask adorable questions. She didn't come, instead, she jumped off the couch and moved to play on the carpet.

That's weird.

Sehun shook his head a few times, focusing back on his job. In his hands are the financial book reports for the past year to see if there's something wrong with the transactions. Something seems a little out of place with the MM Project's private bank account. Someone has been drawing money out of it in same amounts every month.

The only ones with access to the account is Sehun, the company's executive accountant, and the member of the Oh family. So the only one to put suspicions on, would be the accountant wouldn't it?

The CEO pressed the button on his phone machine. His secretary greeted him, yet Sehun told him straight to get the accountant responsible for the MM Project to his office.

Hoon's ears perk up at the mention of someone coming into the office. He put down his robot and crawled silently to the couch where he can peek at Sehun's guest. Hannie tried pulling her brother down, whispering how he should behave and not disturb Sehun. Hoon brushed it off and told her to change the baby doll's diaper instead.

"You called for me, sir?" a man entered Sehun's office, bowing slightly before closing the door behind him. He walked straight to the chair in front of Sehun's desk and sat on it.

"As the matter of fact, I did." Sehun handed him the financial reports. "Do you know that someone has been withdrawing a big sum of money from the MM Project's budget money every month?"

"Yes, sir. It's Mr. Oh. He started withdrawing money since around two years ago, but not this much. The first time, he went to me and told me he borrowed the budget money. The next month, the same amount of money as he borrowed were transferred back in the account. Yet at the same time, Mr. Oh withdrew another batch of money. It's been like that ever since. So I thought it was the Oh's family business."

"Mr. Oh withdraws the money?" the accountant nodded at Sehun's confirmation. Sehun leaned back on his chair and closed his eyes for a minute. "I'll confirm it with appa then. In the meantime, check on the financial reports again, try to find if there's another thing wrong in it. You're dismissed."

With that, the accountant stood up from his seat and bowed to Sehun one last time before taking off from the office. Sehun watched him leave and sighed to himself, once again rubbing his temples. Ever since his confrontation with his dad a few days back, Sehun has been trying to fix his lifestyle and decided to start clean again. He also started to fix the problems within the office to prove how professional he still is to his dad. But, why would Mr. Oh who scolded him of not being serious in the office be the reason of this mess?

Last time he checks, his dad isn't someone who blames other people for his mistakes.

Sehun glanced at the wall clock. Birds with blue, green, and red feathers coo cooed as they pop out from the little birdhouse clock. It's now 5PM and he really should get the kids back home.

"Come on home, guys." he told the kids to tidy their toys and get ready to go home as usual. Sehun gathered his files and put it in his briefcase before closing it tight. He followed the kids from behind while the twins walk hand-in-hand out of the company building. They ride Sehun's car and go home.

 

Dinner time and torture came to the kids. Nanny Kim cooked vegetables for them earlier that morning because she claims that Sehun never feeds them anything healthy. Sehun can only chuckle at the sight of them eyeing their vegetables with disgust evident in their eyes. Hoon is basically trying to murder his with his chopstick while Hannie sulks on her seat.

The blonde man noticed that the girl sulks a lot these days.

"Hannie, are you not feeling well?" he asked gently.

Hannie immediately shake her head left and right a few times. She picks up her spoon and put her vegetables inside , not realizing that her brother is secretly putting his vegetables inside her bowl. She eats carefully, not making a mess like she usually would. Her eyes look up at Sehun once in a while before looking back down if Sehun is watching her moves.

It was strange to say the least. The girl has been behaving a little too nice and out of character these days. She's quieter and she never asks any question either. She plays with her dolls, ignoring Sehun's calls and smiles. She stands up and play somewhere else if Sehun is the same room as her. She doesn't even want to sleep with Sehun. When he asked her to, she'd refuse and sleep alone in the spare bedroom. Hannie doesn't share anything with him anymore; she keeps whispering when talking to Hoon so Sehun couldn't hear her. 

Sehun stood up from his seat and gently lifted Hannie off her chair to his arms. He felt Hannie stiffened in his arms. She struggles to get down but Sehun wouldn't let her. Something is definitely wrong with her and Sehun would hate to have her sick. He places his palm on Hannie's forehead to check her temperature. To his shock, Hannie flinched away from his touch, eyes widening in fear.

"Why are you so anxious?" Sehun asked her, confused with her behavior.

Hannie keeps on looking away anywhere - mostly to Hoon, silently begging for his help - but Sehun. Not liking her rude gesture, Sehun uses his other arm and made Hannie look at him by cupping her small face. The moment their eyes met, Hannie's frown gets worse. She chokes out something, her eyes reddening. She started sobbing quietly in Sehun's arm.

"Hey, are you crying?" Sehun was taken aback with the sudden event.

That does it. Hannie cried loudly, bursting in tears this time. Hoon started hitting Sehun's leg, telling him to stop bothering his sister. Sehun walked away from the boy and bounces Hannie up and down to calm her down. He doesn't know what to say because he doesn't know what is wrong that made Hannie cried.

"Mamaaaa!" she cried, calling for her mama.

"Hannie, what's wrong?" he asked, getting anxious himself.

Sweat started dripping from Hannie's forehead after minutes of crying. Sehun brushed her bangs off her face and wipe her forehead at the same time. Hannie cried harder and slapped Sehun's hand off her face, once again struggles to get down from Sehun's hold. It hurts Sehun a lot when Hannie blatantly rejected him.

"Mamaa!" she yelled, her arm reaching out to the door, wanting to go out.

"Your mama isn't here. It's just Sehunnie here. Tell me what's wrong?" he rubs her back in circular motion.

"Hannie want mamaaaa! Mamaa!" she cried harder. Her small hand managed to get a grip of the door knob, but it wouldn't open up. "Mamaaa!"

Her screaming keeps going on for the next fifteen minutes, only screaming for her mama in that long time. Sehun is starting to get worried because if she doesn't stop crying soon, she'll be sick. He keeps rubbing her back to calm her down, bouncing her up and down around the hallway. In the end, Hannie is exhausted from all the crying and stay still in Sehun's arms while mumbling for her mama stubbornly.

"Why are you like this, Hannie-ah?" Sehun kissed the crown of Hannie's head. The girl weakly put her head on Sehun's shoulder, enjoying the affection secretly.

"Sehunnie, mad and an-angrwy and Sehunnie spweak big! Hannie no like," she mumbled into Sehun's back but Sehun heard it anyway.

The blonde has never felt so much regret in his life. He was feeling such a bad mood that day because someone he respects so much turned his back on him. Sehun was angry and he release that anger on Hannie when in reality she was only trying to make him happier. Even if she did wrong, Sehun shouldn't have shouted at her. He should have been patient with her and tell her nicely that what she did is wrong, that she should've asked for someone to help her with such tasks.

It was his fault all along and he hadn't realize it.

"Hannie no like Sehunnie mad. Hannie no like no sleep with Sehunnie." she added, still in a mumble. That broke Sehun's heart even more. How could he possibly let the girl who he knows is scared of sleeping alone and missing her mom to sleep all by herself in a big room she's not even familiar with?

"I'm- I'm so sorry, Hannie. I'm sorry." Sehun doesn't know what to say other than that.

"Hannie want Hannie mama. Hannie want go home with mama." she mumbled, this time almost crying again for the nth time that day. Still, no matter how much she cries, her mom isn't there and there's nothing much Sehun can do.

"I'm sorry. Please don't say that, Hannie. Sehunnie loves you," that surprised Sehun himself. "and I want to take care of you at least until your mama is healthy again.

"Hannie no want Sehunnie no more! Hannie want mama!" she screamed loudly at Sehun's face, ripping his heart into small pieces. Each cries she let out shatters the remaining pieces of Sehun's heart, stabbing him right on his chest with a sushi knife.

"H-hannie, you don't mean that, right?" he asked, begging to wake up from this nightmare.

Hannie isn't even related to him. She is only a three years old girl prancing into his life a month ago. She's only a girl he took pity in because her mom is in coma and she has no one to look after her and her brother. They only knew each other a month ago, but somehow she can hurt Sehun more than anyone has ever hurt him for the past four years just by saying three simple words in one short sentence.

"Hannie hate Sehunnie!" she cried, punching Sehun's chest with her small fists. It doesn't hurt him physically. Though Sehun feels like bleeding inside his chest.

The little girl managed to jump down from Sehun's hold and sat on the hallway floor, hugging her knees as she continues to cry silently while hiding her face with her knees. Every sadness and disappointment she held in the past five days pouring out at once. Sehun slides down the wall and sat next to her on the floor, his face void of any emotions. Words cannot describe how he hates himself at the moment for what he has done. 

Hoon appeared in the hallway just in time to see his sister crying on the floor. He rushed to her side and hugs her, trying to comfort her. Sehun doesn't even need to look at Hoon to know that the little boy is glaring at him in disappointment. He didn't only make Hannie sad, he also let Hoon down just when the little boy started to put his trust on Sehun. The little trust that was really hard to obtain too.

"Gege, Hannie want mama!" she cried into her brother's neck.

"But mama is sleeping," Hoon said almost sadly, as if he understands the situation.

"Hannie want go home!"

"No one is home, Hannie."

Hannie started crying into him, wailing nonsense that he can't grant, but Hoon remains calm. The boy sat next to his sister with no expression on his face just like usual. Sehun likes to see it as Hoon having a strong heart. But truly, Sehun is afraid that it's just a facade Hoon built around himself to hide how broken he is, just like Sehun when he was young. As a three years old boy, Hoon went through a lot.

"Hoon hate baba." he let out quietly in a murderous tone, breaking the deafening silence after minutes.

If only their baba is there for them, they won't have to be with Sehun. If only their baba is there, their mama won't be alone in the hospital. If only their baba is there, they would still be in their loving home instead of living with a scary stranger who only knows how to scare his sister. This is all their baba's fault; that's what Hoon probably meant.

"NO!" Hannie stood up. "Hannie love baba! Baba love mama and gege and Hannie!"

"No, Hannie!" Hoon stood up, towering Hannie by a few centimeters. "Baba no love Hoon and Hannie and mama. Baba never go home."

"Baba love Hannie and mama!" Hannie argued, pushing her brother down. She covered her ears in hope she doesn't have to hear her brother speaking badly of their father.

The twins continued their banter, arguing with each other in their own language of uncomprehendable pronunciations and grammatical errors. Sehun hates the way Hannie protects her father with so much love even until the end. But Sehun also hates the fact that Hoon seems to be mature enough to understand his family's struggles in his young age. Maybe not all, but Hoon for sure knows that their father is gone.

"Hannie love mama and baba!" the little girl ended their argument with a stern tone of voice that Sehun never heard before. "Hannie hate Hoonie gege and Sehunnie! Hannie no want play with Sehunnie and gege no more!"

Hoon gave his sister a murderous look that sent shivers down Sehun's spine. "Baba no like Hannie. Baba is not good baba."

"Gege lying! Gege love baba. Hannie baba is Hoonie gege baba too!"

"No! Hoonie baba is .." he looked around furiously, trying to find a strong come-back. His eyes finally landed on Sehun. "Hoonie baba is Sehunnie baba!"

"NO! NO! NO!" Hannie walked backwards, stopping when her back hit the apartment door. "Hoonie baba is no Sehunnie! Sehunnie bad bad! Sehunnie meanie to Hannie! Hannie tell baba!"

"Go find Hannie baba then." Hoon challenged his sister, sticking his tongue out. In adult's language, that's probably like flicking his sister a middle finger, saying that he doesn't care about it anymore.

To Sehun's greatest shock, Hannie opened their apartment door and ran off, mind completely set up to go find their baba. Hoon froze in his place, even more shocked than Sehun is. In reflect, Sehun quickly lifted Hoon to his arms and ran out his apartment to chase after Hannie. When Sehun and Hoon reached the end of the floor, the elevator door was just a second before closing and going down to the lobby. Sehun panicked and immediately ran down to the lobby by using the stairs. Hoon started crying in his arms out of guilt and it only made the situation worse.

When they reached the lobby, both Sehun and Hoon opened their eyes widely, looking around for the little girl. There's no sign of her being there and to their misfortune, the doorman is sleeping by the entrance door, meaning he might not even notice that there's a little girl walking out of the building at the evening all by herself. Sehun took his phone out of his pocket and dialed for Chanyeol's number, asking for his help. Chanyeol cursed him with every profanities he knows (that's a lot) before hanging up and telling Sehun that he'll be there soon to help.

To Sehun, Hoon and Hannie are like his light at the end of the dark tunnel that Lulu’s departure had carved into Sehun's chest. The twins are hurting and is in just as much pain as Sehun, but they are still cheerful, innocent, and radiating with smiles. He found them awe-ing his heart. Sehun mopes about losing his wife, but the twins are in danger of losing their only mama and still remained alright, despite being left to a stranger. They have the innocence that couldn’t be tainted, no matter the hardship they endure. They smile, play, and listen well to him. He can't lose any of them.

Sehun and Hoon ran around the neighborhood which to Sehun's relief isn't crowded with people on weekday nights. They looked through the nearby mini supermarket, the house with the cute puppies which Hannie likes to play with, and the parking lot. They couldn't find her anywhere even after doing two rounds around the neighborhood. Chanyeol came after they finished looking around once and they split up immediately to search for the missing girl. Hoon pointed out places that Hannie would most likely be at. Sehun mutters curses under his breath every time they leave the possible places without finding Hannie.

"She's not a fast runner, is she? She can't be that far from the neighborhood already!"

"Hannie like hiding." Hoon hinted. Sehun began searching the most ridiculous places.

His brain racks for ideas, certain places that would be a great hiding place. A place so ridiculous that no one would probably be able to think of. Or they could, but it's too simple and they didn't think it would be that easy. Would a three years old Sehun go and hide there if he and his brother fought? Bingo.

"Let's go back, Hoon." he told Hoon. The two ran together back inside the apartment building. Sehun pressed the button of his floor in the elevator, waiting in agitation for the slow elevator to move up to his floor faster. Somebody needs to fix this slow thing. It's not actually a slow ride, yet in both Sehun and Hoon's minds, it feels like years being stuck in there, panic creeping up in their chest more each time they passed a floor that isn't theirs. Three more, two more, one more, the two boys ran out the elevator on their floor.

Hoon is out of breath from running so much. Sehun lifted him up again and run with the boy in his arms. Their pace has slowed down a lot since the earlier. But even with that pace, they ran all the way to the storage room at the end of their floor, trusting Sehun's instinct as they ran there.

The two barged in time inside the laundry room just as Hannie is crying and screaming hysterically for help because a big unidentified scary looking bug is creeping its way on the floor, coming after the girl who is cornered near the washing machines.

"Hewpp!" Hannie muffles out in her cries, pointing at the bug who is getting nearer and nearer.

Having no other choice, Sehun put Hoon down back to the ground, telling the boy to stay put. Then he grab one dirty clothe from a pile of it and tip-toes slowly to the bug and wrap the creature that scared Hannie away with the clothe. He was just about to squeeze it with his palm but Hannie beat him to it.

"No! Don't hurt bug!" she cried, clinging to Sehun's leg, confusing the older man.

"Then what do I do with it?" he asked in frustration, tone slightly higher at the end of his question, making Hannie flinch backwards again.

Sehun sighed, confused with everything.

"Let bug fly out!" Hoon walked inside, closing the door behind him while pointing to a small window in the room. Sehun scratches his head once more before stomping to the window. He opened it slightly and let the bug inside the clothe fly out to the night sky. Sehun closed the window afterwards and slid down the wall to sit on the floor.

He's truly glad that Hannie is safe and unharmed. Sehun was really scared that something might happen to her. Just as he was trying to close his eyes to regain self-compose, Hannie began weeping again. Sehun opened his eyes and saw the girl sitting right in front of him, hugging her knees, and looking guilty.

"Hannie sorry." she whimpered, hastily wiping her tears with her palm. Sehun stared at her blankly. "Sehunnie, Hannie scared so Hannie want mama."

The moon is shining extra brighter tonight. It shines even through the small window of the laundry room, lighting up the small dark laundry room a little.

For the nth time inside the laundry room, Sehun sighed tiredly. He smiled weakly at Hannie before gesturing her to come closer to him. The girl waddled her way to Sehun, scared that the blonde man will probably punish her. But instead, Sehun pulled her into a hug, letting her sit on his lap, snuggling to his chest while she listens to his heartbeats.

"Look, Hannie, I'm sorry I scared you when I was mad at you last time. I didn't mean it, okay? I said sorry, didn't I? But why did you run away from me and Hoon?" Sehun asked, gently brushing Hannie's honey-blonde hair.

"Hannie want look mama, because Hannie scared Sehunnie no like Hannie no mowed." she admitted. "Hannie don't know how find baba. Hannie never meet baba."

"You want to find someone to protect you because you're scared of me not liking you anymore?"

Hannie nodded.

"Hannie .." Sehun cooed, pecking her cheek once, smiling at her warmly. "I'm sorry I scared you, okay? But I can tell you that you and Hoon are the best thing that happened to me after these horrible four years. I can't tell you about that because you probably won't understand. But you two are somehow, for some reason; special to me. You don't need to worry of me not liking you. In fact, I love you more and more as day goes by! I just want you to trust me on that."

"But Sehunnie not family." Hoon spoke up for the first time. "Mama say no trust not family people."

"Then let's be family." Sehun spat out. Both kids turned their heads to his face, looking at him with complete disbelief. "I'll be your baba."

Is it too rushed? Is it just a phase? No. Sehun doesn't think that. He knows deep down that there's a connection between him and the twins. Something like destiny or the same kind. He was all alone and broken, but there are two twins even more alone and broken than he is. No dad, hospitalized mom, no other families on their side. At first, he pities them; that's why he took care of them.

Then they show him what it was like to love others again, to pick himself up off to his feet and move on with his own life. They show him how to enjoy the smallest things, whether it be something as a simple smile from your most favorite person or maybe just talking to them. He doesn't want to live back like how he was before the two came to his life. For that Sehun is thankful, and he can't help but fell in love with them. If the twins can make him feel loved once again, he wants to be the one making the twins feel loved for now.

Hannie stand up so quickly that Sehun doesn't have time to catch her. "No! Hannie have baba already!"

Even in the dimmed lighted room, Sehun can see Hoon rolling his eyes. "No. Baba not Hoon and Hannie baba. Hoon hate baba. Hoon want Sehunnie be Hoonie baba!"

It's the first time that Hoon has ever showed his favor of Sehun. Although it's a small thing, Sehun can't help but feel really really touched with the little boy's words. It feels like he's welcomed; wanted in his life. Hoon is never one to show affection much, so these words meant a lot.

"Gege cannot have two baba!" Hannie argued one more time, but her voice is wavering, betraying her. She keeps on glancing at Sehun from time to time.

Clearly, no matter how much Hannie denies it, she wants to have a father figure in her life. And Sehun has been the only one acting that part for her in the short one and a half month. But at the same time, she wants to remain loyal to her baba. Sehun knows that too.

"Appa." Sehun grins. "Call me Sehunnie appa. That way you can have your baba and me as your appa."

The twins shared a look with each other. They are probably communicating with each other using their telepathic thing. They're twins after all. Most likely debating about whether they should agree to Sehun's proposal for them.

"I really care about you two. I know this is weird, we know each other a little more than a month ago but something tells me that it's destined that Chanyeol requested me of all people to take care of you both." Sehun told them. "I don't know where your baba is or when your mama will be healthy again, but I am willing to take care of you both for as long as you need me."

"Will Sehunnie scream again?" Hannie asked.

Sehun put his hand on his chest. "I promise I won't. I'll tell you off nicely."

"Will Sehunnie be more nice?"

"I promise I'll be even better than before. Give me a chance."

"Will Sehunnie make Hoon gege and Hannie eat yucky green food?"

"I promise," (not)

"Sehunnie make Hoon wear pants?" Hoon asked.

"I won't." (not)

They looked at each other one more time before jumping to Sehun's arm together, hugging the blonde man tightly. Sehun definitely feels blissful, surrounded by two angels that God sent to him to help him get over his dark devastating past. Now that he got someone he cares for, he'll may be able to get his life back on track. He'll make them happy, he promises.

"Appa." they both let out at the same time.

 

 

When he arrived home, it's already around 11 PM. Sehun called him that he found Hannie already. The blonde man thanked him and assure him that they're all fine, that Chanyeol should go home before it gets too late.

More than anything, Chanyeol is worried that Baekie might decided to wait for him to get home before going to bed herself. His worry came true as he found Baekie curled up in a warm blanket on the living room's couch. He tip-toed silently to her and gently lifted her up off the couch and into his arms to carry her back into their bedroom.

He laid Baekie on the left side of the bed just like how she likes it. The heavily pregnant woman stirred around before opening one eye. Chanyeol shot her a tired grin as he took off both his shirt and pants, threw it on the floor, and join his wife in their bed.

"Home from your emergency situation?" Baekie slurred sleepily.

"Hmm." Chanyeol replied shortly, pulling his wife closer to him before spooning her carefully. He closed his eyes to go off to dreamland. Sehun and the twins really used up all the energy left in him.

"What emergency was it?" Baekie asked, brushing her husband's hair off his face.

"Ow." Chanyeol moved around a little to get more comfortable. "Hannie went missing. Sehun asked me to help look for her. We found her though-"

"Sehun? Oh Sehun?" Baekie yelped. "The friend you left the twins with is Sehun - Oh Sehun? And he lost my baby niece?!"

"How many Sehun do we know? Of course Sehun - Oh Sehun. Yeah she kind of went missing, but Sehun found her."

"Park Chanyeol, you're in big trouble .."

"Hmm." he responded lightly, not realizing what he agreed to as he drifts to dreamland.

 

 

{drabble}

"Hey, I'm pregnant."

"You know, you should at least sound overwhelmed or delightfully surprised when telling me this kind of announcements."

"This if the fourth time. What do you expect, Kim Jongin?"

"I expected fireworks or cakes or I don't know, maybe a party?"

"Shut up and say hello to baby Squishy 4"

Jongin grins widely at his wife when she started pouting cutely. He walked closer to her and gave Kyungie a big hug. Then, he squatted down to lift his wife's tummy and gave it a big sloppy kiss. "Hello baby Squishy 4, appa will be waiting to meet you soon. I love you."


 

{author's note}

Told you it would be faster than before :)

But now I need to go back to my stupid pile of homework. Sigh. Why didn't any of you warn me that high-school is gonna be this exhausting, geez.
That would've been nice to know.

So how's the chapter? Hope you enjoy it. Can't let Sehunnie and Hannie fight for too long 3 my heart is weak!
Last chapter got the most comments that I ever received wow, thanks you guys! :)

Sorry if this chapter is rather boring but here's a spoiler for you;
There's going to be a new someone with the initial PCM coming next chapter! Guess who guess who!
Her appearance is going to drop a big bomb. Muehehehe ..

Thankyouu for my 132 subscribers, 22 upvoters, and all of you who commented on my story! It really motivates me and make me want to write all the time! :)

So please subscribe, upvote, and comment bellow when you're done reading :) They are love <3
(Can I please get at least 30 upvotes till the next update? I'm kind of in a bet so please please please help meee lol; thankyou by the way.)

See ya!

- KPOPMonstahh