A Little Too Excited

Little Bambies

To say that Sehun is ecstatic is an understatement. He was beyond excited to survey kindergartens; which Luhan found amusing, but still doesn't really get. She is excited to send the twins off to school, but not more excited as Sehun. This month, the blonde man would always bring kindergarten brochures when he comes to Lulu's apartment. He is very serious about it, even asking for the twins' opinion on his choices.

But of course the twins are only happy to see the fun-looking red slide on the brochure.

 

"Why not send them to our old kindergarten? SM Kindergarten?" Jongin commented when they have lunch together once.

"Nah, I don't really have a good memory there." Sehun squirmed, horrified at the memories of the snobbish little rich girls crying because he refused to play with them. “Maybe later, for primary school."

"Why not? Jongsoo goes there. Kyungin will be going there too." Jongin shrugged, slurping his pasta in a not very poised manner.

"You're disgusting."

"It's because I'm eating with you." Jongin smirked.

 

Two weeks passed, Sehun and Luhan have went to a few kindergartens together to survey the place. After so many visits and some stress piling up in Sehun's system, Luhan settled for the kindergarten close to her apartment. It's a pretty good kindergarten, it's near her place, and Sehun needs to stop bringing kindergarten brochures on his visit.

The only thing left to do is to enroll the twins there. So one afternoon, both Sehun and Luhan filled in Hoon's and Hannie's information and do so. The twins' little uniforms were sent three days afterwards along with a letter saying that the first day of the term will take place in a week.

 

 

It's finally D-day, and the appa is more excited than the children.

Luhan bursts out laughing when she opened the door for Sehun that morning. "What are you wearing?"

"Uh- clothes?" Sehun replied, not getting it. "Why? Is it funny looking?"

Luhan chuckles once again. "We're going to take the twins to their first day of kindergarten, there's no need to dress up that formal."

The blonde man checks his suit, undeniably expensive shirt, silk tie, and shiny black shoes. Then he compares his clothes to Luhan's casual doggy-pattern white shirt and long black leggings. He frowned. "Too much?"

Luhan nodded, Sehun groans.

Chuckling again, Luhan smiled. "It's not that bad, just take off- here,"

She moves forward and takes Sehun's suit off, putting it on the couch. Then, she slowly unties Sehun's tie - since the tie is the flashiest part. Lulu was going to tell him that he didn't even tie his tie correctly - but instead, she found her face so close to Sehun's pinkish face. She quickly took off his tie and handed it to him before distancing herself.

"I'm going to prepare the twins' lunch boxes now." Luhan excused herself, scurrying to the kitchen.

Sehun let out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Appa!" Hannie went out from her bedroom, wearing her little uniform.

Seeing his daughter in her adorable uniform made Sehun leap out from his seat and shower her with kisses. Her hair is down, passing her shoulder by a few centimeters, on her hair though, is the cutest yellow hat. She's wearing a yellow suspender-skirt outside her tulip-pattern shirt. Her socks are adorable, her shoes are adorable, and she is simply adorable.

Hoon came out not long after, wearing the same uniform as Hannie's but his is a suspender-shorts instead of skirt. He saw Sehun, but instead of hugging him, Hoon gave him a sulky face.

"Pencils, color pencils, notebooks, drawing books, water bottles, lunch boxes, am I forgetting something.." Luhan walked in, talking to herself as she thinks. In her hands are a Buzz Lightyear backpack and a Little Mermaid backpack. "This one is Hannie's,"

"Ma," Hoon whined, running to her side to cling on her leg.

Luhan squatted down and kissed Hoon's cheek before telling him to put on his Buzz Lightyear backpack. The boy still doesn't look happy, but he takes the backpack anyway.

"Okay, I think you're ready." Luhan smiled to encourage her son. Hoon clings onto her neck, hiding his face in her collar. The chinese woman pats her son's back and lifts him up into her arms. "Come on, let's go."

She carried Hoon outside to go press the elevator. Sehun immediately took Hannie's hand to follow her mama out. There are springs on the little girl's shoes - she just can't stop jumping all the way down to the parking lot.

 

They are greeted by kind looking ladies; some are older than Sehun and Luhan, but some are probably younger than them. One of them, a woman probably in her early 30s, kindly asked the twins' names before leading them to the assigned classroom.

"It's here!" she smiled widely, opening the door to a classroom filled with almost ten kids. "Hoon and Hannie can choose whichever seats they want."

Hannie peeked slightly before looking at her parents hesitantly. Sehun and Luhan smiled at her, encouraging her to go in. But Hannie got a little scared (probably the new surroundings and people) that she went back to hugging her appa's leg. Hoon is still unwilling to get down from his mama's embrace.

The teacher from earlier came again and began coaxing Hoon and Hannie to go inside. Sehun and Luhan also began to coax them with their sweet words. After a minute or so, they managed to convince Hoon and Hannie that there are so many fun things to do inside. Hannie hesitantly released her appa's leg and Hoon was put down to stand up by himself.

"Hoon and Hannie are brave, right?" Luhan cooed, smiling encouragingly.

As expected of Luhan's little gentleman; Hoon gave his hand to Hannie and they hold hands while walking to the classroom slowly. The teacher guides them inside, showing them where they can sit. Both Hoon and Hannie take their time looking around the classroom before sitting down in the middle row, next to each other.

After a few minutes, they're finally comfortable enough to joke around. The teacher gave them a storybook to help them ease their nerves. Hoon lets himself laugh when Hannie points out the funny drawings on the book. A few kids even gather around, looking at the book as well, sharing their own thoughts on it.

At exactly 9 AM, the teacher walks into the classroom. She's slightly chubby and short, but she gives off a very motherly aura. The smile never leaves her face and the kids seem to like her first impression.

"Okay kids!" she clapped her hands cheerfully. "Umma and appa are not going anywhere, but now, we're going to study together. So let's say bye-bye to umma and appa for a little bit, we will see them again after we learn. Bye-byee~"

The teacher made a waving motion to the window, setting example as she sings bye-bye.

A kid freaked out, stood up and ran outside crying, looking for his umma and appa.

Sehun gulped at the thoughts of Hoon or Hannie or both doing the same.

Fortunately, all the other kids, including Hoon and Hannie calmly turned to the window and search for their own parents. Once they spotted them, Hoon and Hannie waved shyly to their appa and umma. Sehun felt like fan-girling at the overloaded cuteness.

Just like magic, the teacher somehow got their full attention. All 15 kids are looking only at the teacher as she sings a song for them to learn (most likely). Sehun took a picture of the twins with his phone, amazed. Although it's cute, it's rather saddening that Hoon and Hannie aren't even looking at him anymore.

"Now what do we do?" he asked.

"The teacher said the first day won't take long." Luhan breathed out, relieved now that the twins are inside. "Should we wait outside for them?"

"I'm fine with that." Sehun shrugged.

 

There are other parents outside peeking at the children from outside the classroom as well. Luhan smiles to each one of them, being the friendly person she is. Sehun bowed to the older parents, showing his respect (though with a straight face).

"Aigoo, umma and appa are so young! It makes me more embarrassed!" an ahjumma, most likely in her mid-40s laughed, catching Sehun off-guard when she suddenly stands next to Luhan. "I have kids late. You two must have married very early."

Luhan tries not to get flustered, so she just smiles at the older woman.

"Which one is your kid?"

"The twins." Luhan politely answered, looking at her kids proudly. "The boy and girl sitting in the middle row."

"Omo, superior genes are a real thing after all." the ahjumma laughed again. "No wonder the kids are handsome and pretty. You and your husband are a beautiful couple! You two match so well!"

Luhan flushed this time, turning red. "Y-yes. Thank you."

The ahjumma then leaned closer to Luhan. Being polite, Luhan leaned closer to her as well. Once close enough, the ahjumma whispered, "I'm saying that you really caught a handsome jackpot. The other young umma-s are checking out your husband."

Luhan pulled away and looked around. Sehun is leaning on a wall, a blank look on his face while he checks his phone. The other mothers are really staring at Sehun, looking- hungry?

Seriously? They have kids!

"Be careful, dear." the ahjumma smiled, waving to Luhan before joining the other umma-s who are around her age. Luhan bowed to her, smiling uncomfortably.

She turned the other way and almost shrieked when she saw Sehun. The blonde man looked bewildered, not understanding why Luhan would get this jumpy. “What is it?"

"N-nothing." Luhan replied, eyes suddenly adverted back on the twins.

Sehun shrugged, gladly taking out his phone to record everything. Without him realizing anything, Luhan subtly stands closer to him, watching out for the lust-filled women who are staring at her children's appa.

 

 

"And then Miss Teacher said to share our toys!" Hannie animatedly told them, her eyes crinkling happily and hands stretch everywhere while she tells them what happened in her first class.

Sehun can't take it anymore and began smothering the little girl he's carrying in his arms with tiny kisses. The four are walking to a nearby bubble tea shop; Sehun carrying Hannie and Luhan holding Hoon's hand. While Hannie is happily talking about their first day of school, Hoon is skipping his way down the road, excited to drink bubble tea.

"Hannie like school, mama!"

"Of course you do, baby." Lulu smiles back, glad that the dreadful first day of school is done.

They entered the bubble tea shop and took a seat on the middle table. Hoon immediately pulled Sehun to the counter once his appa put Hannie down. Luhan chuckles at the sight before turning around to listen to Hannie's stories again.

Hoon walked back to their seat not long after, a cup of chocolate bubble tea in his hands. He sat himself, swinging his short legs happily while sipping his drink. Sehun followed after him with two cups of bubble tea and a plate of strawberry waffle.

"I'm scared he'll have a bubble tea obsession." Luhan absentmindedly said, sipping her own bubble tea. Hmm! Taro.

Sehun shrugs. "Both his parents are bubble tea addicts, Lu. What do you expect?"

"Hoon-ah, want to try the taro flavor?" Luhan scooted her taro bubble tea to her son. But Hoon is too busy with his own chocolate bubble tea. Luhan frowned.

"I told you the chocolate one tastes better." Sehun teases.

Luhan pouted, feeling deja-vu at their conversation. They used to argue about their bubble tea flavor preference a lot back then. Hannie has stopped her story-telling, now stuffing herself with a strawberry waffle.

"Hoon just hasn't tried the taro one, Sehun-ah."

The blonde man was just about to argue back when his phone went off. Luhan watches as Sehun stands up from his seat to take the call. He came back not long after, an apologetic look on his face.

"Hey, I kinda have to go now."

Luhan gave him an unsure smile. "Sure, I guess you have things to do."

Before Sehun can excuse himself though, Hannie began whining. The girl stood up from her seat and ran to hug Sehun's legs to stop him from leaving. "But Hannie want to play more with appa today!"

"It won't take long, princess." Sehun lifts her and sits her back to her chair. "Appa will just go to the office for a little while and then I'll play with you and Hoon back at home. Okay?"

"Hoon come to the office with appa!"

Sehun just couldn't say no. How could he when Hoon and Hannie are looking at him with those puppy eyes. "Lu?"

"Mamaaaa?"

Luhan look up, asking his permission back. "Is it okay, Sehun-ah?"

"Of course it is." Sehun replied. "It won't take long so if you don't mind waiting?"

Luhan nodded and the twins cheered. Sehun waits for Hannie to finish the remaining of her waffle before the four walks out to the car.

 

 

Oh Enterprises is immediately filled with hushed whispers and quiet gossips with the entrance of the honey-blonde beauty into the building. "I told you they're still together!" ; "No way! My journalist cousin told me that they divorced!" ; "My brother's best friend’s doctor who is Mrs. Oh's doctor's friend said she wants to keep her profile low after being a mother." ; "See! I told you Hannie's face is way too familiar!" ; "Dang, how is she even more beautiful now?" ..

Luhan recognized almost every shocked faces. How can she not, when she used to visit Sehun almost every day back then. She ignores their questioning looks and tries to act natural. She and Sehun didn't really announce their divorce to the public - everyone just assumed they are because of her sudden disappearance. Now that she's there again, of course everyone is surprised.

Sehun's secretary knocked the door and came in with a cup of tea. "I hope it's still to your liking, Mrs. Oh."

"Aunty know mamaa?" Hannie asked, jumping up and down because she's high on sugar.

"O-of course, Hannie-ah." She bows to excuse herself before leaving the room. "If you need anything, I'll be outside, Mrs. Oh."

"Thank you." Luhan thanked her awkwardly.

Hoon and Hannie made themselves comfortable, pulling out their toys from under Sehun's coffee table. Luhan quietly drinks her tea while looking around Sehun's office, another sense of deja-vu hitting her.

The door opened, revealing Melrose in her usual classy attire, walking inside with her 5 cm heels. She looks around the office, eyes stopping at the woman sitting on Sehun's office's guest sofa. "Look who's here!"

"Aunty Melrose!" Hoon and Hannie cried out before running to hug her legs.

Melrose squatted down to hug them back, giving them each a high-five. Her eyes travelled to the pair of jealous doe eyes. She gave the woman a kind smile as a form of greeting. Luhan gave her a small bow in return.

"Stop being such a superstar, Mel." Sehun tiredly sigh, appearing from behind his bookshelf. He walked and sat down on his chair before motioning Melrose to sit on the chair in front of his desk. "Sit."

The lady in high-heels gave Luhan another curve of smile before sitting down in front of Sehun's desk. Sehun rolled his eyes because what in the world is this lunatic woman planning to do by acting that way to Luhan. She wiggles her eyebrows, ready to tease Sehun about Luhan. But Sehun just looks at her uninterested, switching the topic immediately.

"So?"

"Remember when you said you found out that the money lost from MM project is actually transferred to a bank account named Melrose Park?"

"Yeah?"

"My dad's assistant tracked it down and found that I have two accounts in that bank. I was never aware of that other account since it was overlooked by my real account." she started. "So the other account under my name, the one that received money from Oh Enterprises, is actually used by another person."

"How?"

Melrose lowers her voice. "This is really embarrassing, but I was quite stupid when I was a teenager. There was this jerk, he's just the perfect charmer. Every girl in my high school want to date him. I did too. So I baited him with my riches and I made him an account. I transferred some money to his account monthly. We dated for a few months before I found out that he's been cheating on me with seven other girls. So I broke up with him. I forgot to deactivate that account I made him and it seems like he's using it to cover up for himself."

"That sounds just like what you'd do." Sehun sneered.

"I love hard when I love, okay?" Melrose folded her arms in front of her chest.

"So who is this lucky guy?"

Melrose rolled her eyes and opened her clutch, rummaging it to take out a piece of folded paper. "We tracked him down, after all, he did use my name for his wrongdoings. I can sue him for name defamation. This is his name, phone number, and address."

"Now, you're just being a crazy ex." Sehun laughed.

"Shut up."

The blonde CEO took the paper and unfolded it. His eyes scanned the name written carefully, feeling a sense of familiarity. "Yoon Jun Mo. Do I know him from somewhere before?"

A shrug. "Maybe he worked for you here before, I don't know."

"He lives in Busan." Sehun sighs. "That's 5 hours away by car, seriously."

Turning her body a little bit, Melrose saw Luhan shifting uncomfortably in her seat, most likely because she couldn't hear what the other two are saying. Laughing to herself, she feels mischievous all of the sudden. The lady reached out for Sehun's hand and hold it in hers, surprising the latter.

"What are you doing?" Sehun asked, tired.

"Stay still!" she whispered, a cunning smile on her lips.

"I don't have time for this." Sehun groaned.

"What's she doing?"

"Who?"

"Your ex-wife!"

Sehun peek over Melrose's shoulder to see what Luhan is doing. His ex-wife is calmly reading a book from his shelf, at the same time trying to calm Hannie who is bouncing up and down next to her. He looked down to see his hand, still in Melrose's, before looking up to see Luhan again. A lump formed in his throat and he suddenly feels ashamed of himself. Because really, what was he even expecting from Luhan?

Taking a deep breath to regain his composure, Sehun pulled his hand away from Melrose's hold. "Stop doing weird things out of the blue like that. We're over years ago, whatever you're doing won't bother her."

"So are we going to Busan for the weekend then?" Melrose asked, voice suddenly louder and squeal-y.

"You don't have to come with me." Sehun replied, confused.

"Great! Just pick me up Friday night in my apartment!" Melrose cheerfully replied. She stands up from her seat and gave Sehun a wink. "I'll be waiting."

Speechless and confused, Sehun only watches as Melrose says her bye-bye-s to Luhan and the twins before prancing out of his office, the echo of her heels leaving clear in his ears.

 

 

The rest of the night carried out as their usual routine. Luhan prepares dinner for them while Sehun (tries) to bathe the twins and play with the twins. It's a routine that Sehun has grown to love each passing days. They have dinner together, like how a normal family would and the twins would talk on and on about their day. Afterwards, Lulu would be on dishes duty while Sehun tucks the twins to bed.

The first day of school thing finally took its toll on the twins. Both of the toddlers fell asleep even before Sehun reached half of the storybook he's reading for them. The blonde man only smiled, fixing their blankets and kissing them good night before turning the lights off and going outside.

"Lu, I'm going home now." Sehun calls out from the door.

He waits for her answer but he was met with silence in the dark-lit apartment. Sehun took off his shoes again and walks to the kitchen to see what the chinese woman is up to. Just as he expected, she's making herself a cup of hot tea.

"Hey Lu? I'm going home now." he repeats from the kitchen's doorway.

Luhan turns around and shot him a small smile and an "Okay" before giving Sehun her back again.

Raising his eyebrows at her short answer and lack of response, Sehun leaned on the door frame. "Did I do something wrong?"

Luhan merely shakes her head.

"Did I upset you?" The thing about Luhan being upset is that she keeps it to herself. So when he got no response, Sehun sighs and continues. "Obviously I did. What did I do?"

Luhan took her cup and places it on the table. "I'm not upset. I'm just a little disappointed."

"About?"

"We agreed on taking care of the twins together, Sehun-ah. You need to prioritize the kids over other things."

Sehun fixes his posture and stands up straight. "Wait, wait. What other things do you think would I put over my children?"

"I just- this morning you almost left the twins with me just to meet up with Melrose. Then you two sneakily flirt in front of us in your office, and next you planned a trip with her over the weekend." Luhan explained softly, not wanting an argument.

"And.. ?"

"Sehun, you know that weekends are your quality time with the twins." Luhan finished.

"Lu, this is like a business trip. Lot of fathers go on business trips often. I'll only be gone for 2 days. I can spend more quality time with the twins after that." he reasoned. But he can still see the uneasiness in her eyes.

He can see his ex-wife hesitating a little before asking him again. "But is it a business trip?"

What? "Wait. Do you think I'm lying?"

Luhan stays quiet, letting out a small smile. "Isn't Melrose-ssi your girlfriend?"

"You think I'm leaving the twins for a weekend getaway with Melrose?" Sehun asked in disbelief.

"Don't you think Hoon and Hannie should be more important than your relationship, Sehun-ah?"

Feeling the sudden rise in his stomach, Sehun took a quick breath before answering. "Of course they are, Luhan. I don't see the problem here."

"I just don't think it's a good idea for you to start a relationship right now." Luhan replied.

Sehun has been content with his life these days - he doesn't really need a relationship, not when he has Hoon and Hannie beside him. But he is not liking Luhan's commanding tone. "And why not?"

"The twins are very young and you just recently found out about them!" Luhan took a deep breath before continuing. "W-what if, what if- you .."

There are just so many ways for Sehun to interpret the meaning behind his ex-wife's unfinished sentence. What if he forgets the twins? What if he abandons them for Melrose? What if he won't take good care of them anymore? As if, he hasn't shown how much the twins mean to him.

"Is that how little you trust me, Luhan?"

The deer like woman looks down on her lap, keeping shut. She glances up at Sehun, giving him an answer to his question with her doubtful doe eyes.

"Luhan, did you already forget how much I fought for the twins?" Sehun asked, confused. "I love them a whole lot, Luhan. So even if I have someone else in my life, they will always be my first priority. Don't doubt me."

Sighing and shaking her head, Luhan took another sip from her cup of tea. "You're right. I'm sorry."

Yet, her words and actions don't match as she keeps avoiding Sehun's eye contact. Sehun sighs again before turning his back on her.

"I'm going home now."

"Okay." Came Luhan's smaller voice. She stands up from her chair, walking towards Sehun to take him to the door. "I'm sorry, Sehun-ah."

"No, it's fine." Sehun gave her a small smile before walking out the door. He gave her a concerned look, feeling like there's something more that bothers her. But it feels like an argument is going to erupt if he asks her about it again, so he decided against it. "Night, Lu."

"Good night, Sehun." Luhan called out softly before closing the door.


 

 

{author's note}

LOOK WHO CAME BACK! ;)

I told you I would try my best to finish each chapters so here you go! <3

Sorry for the extremely late delay, I was busy with my school's musical the past few months. The musical has just ended yesterday and it still feels like a dream to me.

I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint that much :(
I haven't started the 20th chapter yet, I'm still kinda busy - so I can't really promise when the next update is T.T
BUT ASAP I PROMISE! <3

As usual, don't be mean T.T - i'm sorry, subscribe, upvote, and comment down bellow <3!

Byeeeeeeee for now :(

- KPOPMonstahh