Feeling Green

Little Bambies

"So you were playing with my feelings?" Sehun asked, still in disbelief.

"Sehun, if it's other men, I would tell them I have a boyfriend as soon as I meet them. But you," Melrose laughed out loud. "I can see that you're so definitely taken already."

"What's so funny about that?" the blonde CEO asked again. "Why did you try to seduce me if you know I'm 'taken' already?"

"Well, you're a funny guy and I'm a bored gal looking for fun." Melrose laughed again, rather like a psychopath in Sehun's opinion. "I'm pretty sure you don't like my type of women, so I know you won't like me in that way anyway - you are just using my plus-points to make fun of your ex-wife in your head. Sehun, what kind of guy would lie and make excuses to himself about still being in love with his ex-wife?"

"I am not 'still in love' with my ex-wife." Sehun said through his gritted teeth.

Instead, Melrose laughed out loud again, slapping her knees as she laughed, begging Sehun to stop. She's crazy, Sehun thought. Psychology graduate? Pfftt, the woman need to console herself first. But then he remembers that, well yes, he did compare Luhan to Melrose at certain times- still, it doesn't mean he still loves Lulu.

"Stop it, Sehun. You're killing me, wow," Melrose let out a few more chuckle, standing up as she wipes the tears from her eyes. "I need to go now, I'll call you soon about MM Project's scandalous account number."

"Okay," Sehun sighed, defeated. He was watching Melrose leave his office when he suddenly felt the urge to clear things up to her. "I'm not in love with my ex-wife!"

Another fitful of laughter was heard from the top floor's hallway.

 

 

Luhan smiled, kissing the twins one by one before handing them over to Sehun. It's Friday and Sehun is going to take them home for the weekend. It was still rather early at night but Hannie is already so tired - probably from playing too hard - that she fell asleep earlier than usual.

"Say bye-bye to mama, kiddos." Sehun told them, holding Hoon's hand with his one hand and carrying Hannie with his other arm.

Hoon waved his little hand to his mama then he ran to her to kiss her good night. Hannie however, has already fell into deep slumber in Sehun's arm with her head comfortably tucked at the crook of Sehun's neck. Lulu helped Hoon get on the backseat first before Sehun seated Hannie next to her brother.

"Drive safely, Sehun-ah. Good night." Luhan gave him her signature smile.

"Night, Lu." Sehun smiled back.

Now that thing between them are no longer awkward, they can actually say their goodbye-s comfortably. And Sehun is so grateful of that.

 

"Hannie is asleep way earlier than usual." Sehun chuckled, turning to Hoon who seems more hyper than usual. "What did you two play today?"

"Buzz." Hoon answered shortly. "Hannie don't play with me today so I play Buzz Wightyear alone."

"That's strange." Sehun replied.

He pressed the passcode while Hoon pushed the door open. The little boy ran inside, throwing his shoes messily at the front. Sehun shook his head in disapproval, but only followed the boy inside. While Hoon ran to the living room, Sehun heads in to his bedroom and gently places Hannie on the bed. He covers her with her favorite blanket, but the sleeping girl kicks the blanket away. Sehun tries to cover her again, but the girl once again kicked it.

"Aren't you cold, Hannie-ah?" Sehun asked. But he's only met with silence as a response.

Sehun walked out his bedroom and plopped down on the couch in the living room. Hoon has already got the TV on to a soccer match. He was jumping up and down the sofa, imitating the soccer players on TV who are juggling soccer balls.

The blonde man sighed, it's going to be a long night if Hoon still has that many energy left. So instead of being stressed, he sat down on the couch, grabbed the jumping boy, and strained him with his stronger arms. Hoon squirmed, wanting to be released and jump around again, but Sehun only laughed at his cute effort.

"Stay still and watch the game, Hoon-ah." Sehun pressed his son to his chest.

In the end, Hoon gave up and pouted. He shifted his position in his appa's arms so it's more comfortable and watch the game calmly.

The game ended around 10.30 PM. Hoon is still full of energy by then because apparently, the boy didn't spend his energy at all that day. But it's late and Sehun needs to get him to bed.

So despite Hoon's protests, Sehun carried him into the bedroom and changed him into his pajamas. He laid Hoon down next to Hannie, forcing the boy to try to sleep. Sehun then changed into more comfortable clothes before laying down to sleep between Hoon and Hannie. Only then that he pulled up the bed cover, covering Hoon, Hannie, and himself up to their chests.

But Hannie kicks the bed cover away from her body again.

"Princess, you'll get cold in the night." Sehun warned her.

But Hannie just rolled sideways, showing her back to Sehun.

He immediately sit up on his bed and carried Hannie to his arms, attempting to . The small girl let out a small whine, hitting Sehun's chest weakly with her small fist. Sehun was surprised since Hannie almost never throw a tantrum like this. He sat her up, holding her to face him.

"Hannie, is it okay to hit appa like that?" Sehun asked, trying to be stern.

"Appa stop spinning Hannie!" the girl whined again. She started crying loudly, holding her head as she does so.

"Ok-okay, okay. Appa is sorry, now stop crying, please?" Sehun pleaded, feeling sorry for making a big deal out of it.

Yet Hannie doesn't stop crying at all. Her cries only grew louder, even waking Hoon who was already dozing off before. Sehun is way confused, since Hannie has never cried without any reason before. He hugs her close, patting her back to soothe her like usual. Suddenly, he felt that Hannie's back is wet all over.

The girl is drenched in sweat.

"Appa, hot."

His hand instantly go to Hannie's forehead, checking her temperature. It's so hot, definitely not normal. And Sehun panics.

He places Hannie on the bed carefully before pressing the numbers on his cellphone hurriedly. His hands are shaking as he done so, totally clueless of how to handle the situation. The line connected after what felt like forever.

"Hello?" she answered with a sleepy voice.

"Lu, Hannie's sick," Sehun took a deep breath. "can you come to my apartment quickly?"

 

Sehun was waiting for Lulu in front of the door, so when the doorbell rang, the door opened right after. It only took her 20 minutes to get to Sehun's apartment. She must've sprinted out immediately after Sehun's phone call. Lulu is only wearing a thin sweater with grey t-shirt underneath it and baggy pants. Her hair is still up in a messy bun and her nose is red from the cold. She brought a small box that seems to be a medicine box in her hands.

"Where's-" Luhan stopped immediately, because her little girl is in Sehun's arms, crying silently.

Luhan takes her into her arms and gives her kisses, hoping to calm her down. She bounced her way to the bedroom, but Hannie still won't stop crying. The girl let out a few whimpers, holding her head because the movements make her dizzy.

When they walked inside the room, Lulu carefully places Hannie on the bed, wiping the sweat off her forehead. She makes Hannie sit down - despite Hannie's wish to lay down - and took off the girl's pajamas.

"Sehun-ah, we need to change her into thinner pajamas."

Sehun ran to his wardrobe, and grabbed a change of pajamas for Hannie. Luhan wipes Hannie's drenched back with the pajama she just took off before putting on the new pajamas. Hannie didn't stop crying the whole time. Then she lay Hannie down on her back.

"Stop crying, sweetie," Luhan cooed. She took out a thermometer from the small box she brought, using it to check Hannie's temperature.

38.4 Celsius.

Sehun saw the thermometer and had a silent mental breakdown inside. Unlike her ex-husband, Luhan tries to stay calm. Hannie whines again, pushing Luhan's hand off her forehead because her mama's hand is annoying her.

"Sehun do you have antipyretic ibuprofen or acetaminophen here?" Luhan asked.

"N-no. What's an antipiratic provu- Are those medicine?"

Hearing the word, Hannie went crazy and began crying even louder. She sat up on the bed and clings on to Luhan's neck, begging her mama not to feed her the yucky drink - at the same time crying because her head is still spinning.

"It's not medicine, Hannie," Luhan kisses her nose to calm her down. "it's a magical fairy potion to make you feel better."

Hannie didn't listen to her and keeps on crying. She doesn't stop even though her mama is holding her and her appa is looking at her worriedly. In the middle of her cries, she coughs a few times and even gasps for air.

"Sehun, please buy the fairy potion now." Luhan said as she pats Hannie's back. "Those, a pack of fever patch and the magic cough syrup."

Sehun nodded and head out the apartment as fast as he can, ignoring Hannie's pleads and cries of Hannie no want medicine! from the bedroom. He grabbed his wallet and phone before driving to a (fortunately) nearby 24 hours drugstore. It's the first time Sehun has to buy medicines past midnight in his sleeping garment.

 

The beginner appa hurriedly enters his apartment with a plastic bag containing medicines hanging on his one arm. He ran inside the bedroom quickly, finding Hannie still hiccupping in Lulu's arms - and a blonde boy in his pajamas standing next to them. Luhan smiled weakly at Sehun, gesturing him to come take Hannie from her.

"Hoon woke up from Hannie's cries. Try to put them back to sleep while I'll go prepare the medicines." Luhan tells him, voice above a whisper. "Can you tell me where the cups and spoons are?"

"They're in the second cabinet, Lu."

"Alright." With that, Luhan walks out the bedroom.

Hannie coughs again and hid her face in the crook of Sehun's neck, clearly exhausted from crying. Sehun then lead the twins onto the bed and make them lay down and close their eyes. Hoon pouted, not wanting to because as he isn't tired at all. But one stern look from Sehun and the boy snuggles into his blanket comfortably, drifting back to sleep. Hannie tries to sleep too, but the poor girl started to have problem breathing from the coughing.

Sehun feels really bad about it because there's nothing he can do but pat her little back.

The bedroom door opened not long after, Luhan coming in with Hannie's Little Mermaid cup, the (now disguised) medicine bottle and a spoon. By then, Hannie is already dozing off on Sehun's chest. Luhan walks closer silently and sits on the side of the bed.

She poured the medicine syrup on the spoon carefully. Sehun shifts Hannie gently, making sure she faces her mama. Lulu aims the spoon, feeding medicine into Hannie's slightly parted lips.

Eyes opened wide, Hannie jolted up from her sleep, crying loudly over the bitter taste on her tongue. (Hoon jolted up awake almost at the same time, surprised of the sudden loud cries). Luhan quickly takes her into her arms, placing a cup of water in front of her lips and makes her drink from it.

The water she drank didn't get rid of the bitterness immediately and the sick little girl hates it. Hannie continues to cry, wishing the bitterness will disappear. She tries her best to spit out the medicine she just drank. But after two attempts, she felt something rising from her small stomach instead.

Luhan saw it coming and held out the medicine's plastic bag in front of Hannie's mouth. Unfortunately she wasn't fast enough as Hannie puked on her mama's t-shirt and a little on her own pajamas before throwing up the rest of her dinner into the plastic bag.

When she finished, Hannie began crying again; this time disgusted by the even worse taste in . "Mamaa, uhrghngg"

Sehun reacted quickly, taking the plastic bag full of what-used-to-be-Hannie's-dinner from Luhan so the woman can clean their daughter. Lulu shot him a small thankful smile before carrying the hysteric girl to the bathroom.

She gave her daughter another cup of water to rinse before undressing the little girl. Luhan gently washes Hannie's little body with warm water and dresses her with a new pajama.

"Mama, Hannie sowwy." Hannie said in between her hiccups.

Lulu smiles at her as she carries her baby girl back into the bedroom. "It's okay, baby. Tell mama, does it feel not good somewhere?"

The little girl lays her head on her mama's shoulder. "Hannie head spin, mama!"

Luhan frowns, then gives her daughter a peck on her cheeks. She lays her daughter down on the bed and covers her with the sheet. She puts on a cooling gel fever patch on Hannie's forehead and smiles, hoping to comfort her. "Better?"

Hannie whimpers, not feeling that much better.

Luhan's heart broke a little. "It'll feel better, sweetie. Close your eyes. Sleep."

Hannie nodded slightly, closes her eyes, and snuggles to her mama's chest. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep, allowing Luhan to breathe a little for now. For now. Lulu gently moves Hannie's head to the pillow and walks out the bedroom silently.

 

Outside the bedroom is a different battle. Hoon woke up (again - much to Sehun's dismay) when Hannie threw up. The boy ran out the bedroom because he doesn't really feel like sleeping at all. Sehun scowls, chasing his son at almost two in the morning to put the boy back to bed.

Sehun finally managed to catch him after a while, but the boy still wouldn't sleep. Sehun decided to hold Hoon and sway him in his arms. Hoon would doze off to sleep, but would suddenly jolt up awake again - so Sehun is stuck swaying his stubborn son in the living room until Luhan walks out.

"She okay?" Sehun asked, voice lower because Hoon's dozing off again.

Lulu nodded, giving Sehun a weak smile. "Sehun, can I use your kitchen? I need to cook porridge for Hannie. Her stomach must be emptied out when she vomited just now."

"No need to ask, Lu."

Luhan smiled again, brighter this time, before walking to the refrigerator in the kitchen. She took out some basic ingredients like rice, potato, and carrot. She prepares all of them in the kitchen table while Sehun watches her from the doorway.

It's like he's standing on his own spot 5 years ago, exactly the kind of sight he sees every night he came home. Luhan didn't change that much - the way her eyes concentrate on the ingredients she's cutting, the way her back looks when she stands in front of the stove, the way she places her hand on her small hips as she stirs the pot with her other hand - only this time, wearing a t-shirt with vomit stain on it.

He only spotted it now.

"S-sehun?"

He doesn't know how long he has been staring at his ex-wife, but when he looks up to Luhan's slightly red face, Sehun knows he has been staring at her for quite a while now.

"Y-you got vomit stain on your clothes." he blurted out.

Luhan quickly checks her t-shirt, finding stains on her t-shirt and pants courtesy of earlier. She smiled, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Yeah. Don't worry, it'll wash off."

"I uh- I-I'll lend you my t-shirt. Wait." Sehun slightly ran to his room and lays the now sleeping Hoon next to his twin sister on the bed. Then, he grabs his smallest t-shirt and a new pair of shorts from the dresser before walking back to the kitchen. "Here,"

The Chinese woman turns around and smiled at Sehun's kindness. "Thank you. Can you uh-"

She looks back hesitantly, referring to the porridge in the pot. Sehun gets close to the counter and nodded. "I get it. You can change in the bedroom."

"Thank you." Lulu smiled again. "Just keep stirring it. I'll be back in a minute."

 

And even though Sehun didn't have any other motives when he lent Lulu his clothes earlier, he feels really guilty as he found himself staring at his ex-wife when she came back to the kitchen.

She's wearing his white t-shirt and (completely unfashionable) striped shorts. Her body is still as small as ever and his smallest clothes are still too big for her. The t-shirt hangs (way too) loosely on her shoulders, revealing a little sight of milky small shoulders. The shorts is tied tightly around her waist and the end of the shorts reached to her knees.

Fortunately, she doesn't seem too bothered by it; the main reason would probably because she's used to wearing Sehun's clothes anyway. Back then, Lulu loves wearing his clothes all the time - because it was comfortable and smells like Sehunnie.

But the situation is very different right now. It's either Luhan is really oblivious to Sehun's staring or she decided not to say anything about it. Because dammit, Sehun loves it when she wears his clothes. It's a pure cutesy classy y sight that Sehun could never resist back then.

Now, even though Sehun want to stare at her, he just can't. It would be wrong.

Lulu scoops the porridge carefully into a bowl (apparently really oblivious of the staring Sehun has been doing), then places the bowl on a small food tray. She took the spoon out and filled a glass with warm water. "I'm taking this to Hannie, can you open the door for me?"

He nodded awkwardly. "Sure."

Hannie comes first at the moment!

 

The two walk in the bedroom together. Luhan placed the tray of food on the nightstand and began blowing on the food, so it wouldn't be too hot for Hannie.

Meanwhile, Sehun sat on the bed, gently lifting Hannie into a cradle in his arms. The little girl stirs but doesn't wake up, snuggling to her appa's chest instead. "Hannie, wake up, princess."

Obviously annoyed that her sleep is disturbed, Hannie let out a small whine as a protest. Sehun and Luhan feel sorry, but the little girl needs to eat something or she'll only get sicker. Lulu moves, sitting on the edge of the bed now, tapping her daughter's cheek softly to wake her up.

"Hannie-ah, open your mouth, please?"

Hannie (forcefully) complied, whining more as she felt her appa shifting her into a semi-sitting position. She felt warm food touching her brim of her lips. Still closing her eyes, Hannie parted her small lips and let her mama put the spoon inside , feeding her porridge slowly.

Sehun leans back to the pillow behind his back, brushing his little girl's hair as he watches Luhan feeding her. Even though Hannie's eyes are closed, Luhan still makes sure to smile warmly, making the umm! sound when the porridge enters their daughter's mouth - but Sehun can still see the worry evident in her eyes.

After she finished her porridge, Luhan hands her her cup of water, telling Hannie to drink a lot of water. Sehun gently lays her back on the bed next to his side. He pats her back gently, lulling her back to sleep.

Lulu took the thermometer left on the nightstand and checks Hannie's temperature. They both waited five minutes for the results to show up.

"Is she okay?"

"It went down." Luhan sighed, reading the numbers on the thermometer. "But, we still have to keep watch on her."

Sehun frowned, but he doesn't say anything. It's three in the morning. Hannie's face looks flushed, her cheeks red - but it's not the usual adorable red that Sehun loves seeing on her face. Luhan tidies the dishes and went outside to put it in the kitchen sink.

"Appa," Sehun looked down and saw that Hannie's eyes are opened. The little girl looks so uncomfortable that it pains him to see her like that.

"Yes, Hannie? Do you need something?"

Hannie said nothing, her small hand reaches out to Sehun's big one. Sehun took her hand in his with no hesitation. His other hand her head, hoping to comfort her just the tiniest bit. Hannie held on to Sehun's other hand and closes her eyes, drifting back to sleep.

He never knew that it's this hard when your child is sick. Now he knows why those parents in korean-dramas would cry when their child is sick. Sehun gives Hannie a long kiss on her forehead, wishing that by doing that he could the sickness out of her.

So he just lay there, staring at his daughter's sleeping face. Without knowing it himself, he closes his eyes and went to dreamland with both of his kids.

 

When he opened his eyes again, the sun is already shining up on the sky. It's most likely around 7. Sehun sits up immediately, as if someone shocked him awake. He looked around him and found that he's the only person on the bed. His eyes widened in panic, scrambling out of his bed right after he realized that Hoon and Hannie are not in bed with him.

The blonde man was just about to shout for his babies when he saw them in the kitchen. Sehun stands there on the doorway, feeling slightly overwhelmed.

The three have their backs to him. Lulu is once again stirring a pot on the stove, most likely today's breakfast. She's holding little Hannie, who's laying her head on her mama's shoulder - with her left arm. Hoon is standing next to his mama, being unusually clingy by holding the hem of Luhan's (Sehun's) t-shirt, his face still dazed from sleep.

Sehun decided to be useful and approached them, silently squatting next to Hoon, trying to pull the boy into his arms. But Hoon would rather clings onto his mom. So Sehun proceeds to try taking Hannie from her mama's arms. He got Luhan's attention immediately.

"Oh, you're awake?"

"Uhmng. I fell asleep without knowing." Sehun protested to no one. He plants a kiss on his daughter's nose. "Hannie okay?"

Luhan nodded, a small relieved smile on her lips. "Still feverish. But better than yesterday."

Smiling in relief, Sehun nodded. He gently takes the sleeping little girl from her mama's arms. He places his hand on Hannie's forehead, smiling wider when her forehead is no longer abnormally hot. Hannie whines slightly, but immediately found comfort in her appa's wide chest and went back to sleep again. Sehun chuckles at her, planting a soft kiss on her reddish nose. "Why were you carrying her around, Lu?"

"She keeps crying when I leave her in the bedroom." Luhan said before yawning, clearly lacked from sleep.

"You woke up too early, Lu."

"Huh?" Luhan turned her head to look at Sehun this time.

"I said y-" Sehun's question got stuck on his throat after he saw the dark circles under his ex-wife's eyes. "You didn't sleep."

"I did." she argued. But Sehun knows better.

"No, you didn't. You were up taking care of Hannie the whole night." he accused. He saw the Chinese woman opening to retort but she decided not to because she's caught already anyway. "Luhan."

"Yeah?"

"I thought we agreed to raise the twins together. You should've woke me up. I'm here now, Lu. You can ask me for help."

Luhan just shot him an apologetic smile. Hoon decided that he's tired of standing, so he sat down and hugged his mama's legs instead. "I- It slipped out from my mind. I'm so used of taking care of them by myself, I just- forgot."

Now Sehun feels bad. He should've helped. Not slept. Just then, he got himself an idea. He squatted down to Hoon's level and whispered his plan to him. The boy's sleepy face turned brighter. Hoon happily stood up and nodded, excited that he gets to do an errand. He stood up and began pulling Luhan's hand to take her to the bedroom.

"B-but mama's making breakfast!" Luhan tried to reason with her son. She can easily retracts her hand from her son, but that could hurt his little figure and Lulu definitely doesn't want that. So she keeps on asking for him to let go. Hoon wouldn't listen to her as he agreed on what his appa said anyways.

"Make sure she sleeps, Hoon-ah!" Sehun yelled from the kitchen, a proud smile on his face. Hannie who is sleeping in his arms whines at the sudden loudness, making Sehun mutter a whisper of oops sorry, baby to her. He turns his attention to the pot on the stove. "Now what am I supposed to do with this?"

 

He still managed to complete the breakfast Luhan started (after a few research on the internet plus an hour and a half). With a drooling Hannie in one of his arms, Sehun began preparing the table with his other hand. His special breakfast table is finished and he couldn't be prouder of himself.

The blonde man walked to the bedroom afterwards, planning to wake Hoon and Luhan up for breakfast and lay Hannie down on the bed (because let's face it, his left arm is numb). He figures that Luhan won't sleep that well with empty stomach anyways. Might as well make her eat first before telling her to sleep again. He popped his head inside the bedroom first.

"Hey-"

There's no other word that can describe Sehun's feeling better than awe.

On the bed are Hoon and Luhan, peacefully sleeping. Hoon's short arms are around Lulu's head and his head is rested on the crown of Luhan's head. It's obvious that the boy was the one lulling his mama to sleep this time. Luhan snuggles into her son's little chest, her hand holding on to her son's little ones.

He approaches them silently, sitting on the side of the bed, slowly laying Hannie down next to her gege and mama. The girl squirms on the bed, trying to find a comfortable position. She somehow found Hoon's back and snuggles closer to him.

And so there are three persons sleeping pressed to each other on Sehun's spacious bed. Four of them on the bed. Hannie, Hoon, Luhan, and Sehun, who is just sitting there on the side, only looking in awe and smiling stupidly at the sight of his family sleeping.

Luhan may not be his wife or his girlfriend. But after giving two little angels, she is definitely his family.

Sehun finds out that he doesn't have the heart to wake them up. He sighed, feeling defeated for no reason.
Alright, a few more minutes won't hurt.

 

So he stays there on the side of the bed, staring at the heartwarming sight for ten more minutes.