Of Hangover and Drunken Reality

A Thousand Firsts

Taehyung remembered planning to spend the whole weekend with Jungkook. He remembered picking up Jungkook at his house. He remembered being embarrassed by his mother. He remembered being happy at the thought of the younger being close to him. But then he remembered seeing the fear swam across Jungkook’s eyes and him snapping to the younger. Taehyung remembered being hurt and when his girlfriend suddenly paid him a surprised visit he remembered being annoyed at her.

Then he remembered how nice to feel Jungkook’s body curling on his right side, clinging at him for dear life. He remembered how easy his hand went up to the younger’s soft hair as if it was the most natural thing to do even after he remembered that his girlfriend was there with him and Jungkook, also clinging to his other side like her life depend on it. He remembered seeing some kind of realization in her eyes as he watched her slowly peeling off her finger from Taehyung’s left arm.

Taehyung remembered going out to some kind of dinner date with Namjoo. He remembered how the girl asked Jungkook to tag along with them and how Taehyung do nothing to convince the younger to come because he knew that it would be useless, he could easily see that Jungkook didn’t want to be in the same room with him and his girlfriend anymore. Okay, Jungkook might not want to be in the same room with Taehyung only. Taehyung remembered how quite their dinner was and how Namjoo keep staring at him as if she was searching for some answer from him. And he remembered being questioned with the most ridiculous question yet had the most crucial meaning behind it. And Taehyung was torn to choose between lies and truth on answering that question, and he chose the truth. Even if it would only made him guilty towards the one who asked the question, he knew that if he chose to lie again he would only hurt Namjoo even more. And so it ended, just like that.

It’s funny how he didn’t remember about getting his heart broken when Namjoo ended their relationship that night, but as soon as he stepped inside his empty house he could feel something stung in his chest. He felt suffocated despite of all the emptiness around him. Maybe it was because Taehyung was hoping to see someone when he got home, but instead of seeing a mop of dark hair waiting for him in the couch he was welcomed by the dark and empty living room. He remembered regretting all the words he had said to Jungkook when he realized that instead of fixing what was seemingly broken between them, he got himself pushing Jungkook away without realizing it. And then he feel it, the broken heart that should’ve been appeared when he had his first break up suddenly emerged for a whole different reason. It appeared from the thought of having Jungkook slowly slipping away from his life once again. So he remembered getting drunk as an effort to wash away his seemingly unrealistic pain.

Taehyung remembered having a really nice dream. A dream where there was Jungkook in it, waiting for him in Taehyung’s room. A dream where he saw Jungkook’s cried and scolded him at the same time. A dream where he got his best friend back to his usual self and Taehyung got a little too happy for that. Then it turned out to be his usual crazy dreams, where he touched his best friend the way he wasn’t supposed to. But the strange thing was he didn’t remember freaking out like he used to, all he ever remembered was how much he enjoyed having a dream like that.

And finally he arrived to that point. The point where he wasn’t ready to reach, it was the point where people would gladly remind him that when you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part.

***

Taehyung woke up alone in his bed with a heavy heart, an empty cold space beside him and a y pain on his head. He groaned when the pain on his head grew more evil as time ticked by. He looked around him and felt the suffocating feeling that he tried to suppress by drinking last night came flooding to his chest and it was nearly overflowing when he felt his eyes stung a little before it got blurry. And then Taehyung felt the inside of his stomach bubbling up tried to escape from his mouth so he made the fastest run that he could ever do with the evil headache to the closet and just let himself emptying his stomach contents. But in the middle of Taehyung’s throwing up like there’s no tomorrow moment, he felt a warm hand softly massaging the back of his neck.

“Now you know why it is a bad idea to drink all four cans of beer by yourself.” Taehyung almost choked on his vomit while he heard that velvety voice rang in his ear.

It took a moment to finish vomiting all of his stomach content before Taehyung could turn his head and saw Jungkook standing beside him, hands still massaging the back of Taehyung’s neck. “J-Jungkook…”

“Yeah hyung.” So Taehyung wasn’t dreaming when he saw Jungkook sat on his bed last night, “Are you done throwing up? If yes, go wash yourself up because you smell so bad, I’ll be waiting downstairs in order to keep my nose safe.” Taehyung heard Jungkook chuckled before the younger boy disappeared from the bathroom door and left Taehyung alone with one big question clouding up his mind.

If the part where Jungkook stay on Taehyung’s room wasn’t a dream, then what else that was real?

***

By the time Taehyung finished washing up and went downstairs, he found Jungkook was on the phone with someone and when their eyes met Taehyung couldn’t help feeling giddy just because Jungkook gave him his little smile.

“Yeah hyung. Taehyung hyung is here with me.” Taehyung raised an eyebrow, so Jungkook was on the phone with someone he knew.

“What? No, no, no, I won’t let you do that! No pleaaaaase, no don’t ever do that.” what the heck is Jungkook talking about. “Okay hyung, yeah. Don’t forget to return Jimin hyung by tomorrow.” Then Jungkook chuckled before hung up the phone.

When Jungkook turned his attention away from his phone, he was meeting Taehyung’s judging stare with all raised an eyebrow and stuff. “What hyung?”

“Why are you calling Yoongi hyung the first time in the morning?”

“Ah, actually I called for Jimin hyung, because he has been missing since Friday and I got a little bit worried. But turned out he’s in Seoul with Yoongi hyung. And hyung, it’s not morning anymore; it’s already two in the afternoon.” He chuckled and Taehyung felt like it had been a long time since he heard Jungkook chuckled like that. “Aren’t you supposed to call someone hyung?”

“Not really. Who?”

“Namjoo noona of course.” Jungkook answered, trying to sound casual while his heart was squirming uncomfortably.

“Why do I have to call her?” Taehyung couldn’t help getting confused at Jungkook’s words.

“Because the last time I remember that you are getting dumped for joking around while answering her silly question.”

Taehyung frowned at Jungkook’s answer, “Jungkook, if my memory is right, I thought I had told you that I wasn’t joking about my answer to her last night.”

Now it was the time for Jungkook to frown, “But, if my memory was right, I thought you drunk last night because of your break up.”

“No, who said that? I wasn’t dru…” Taehyung’s mind suddenly went blank when he caught a glimpse of a purplish bruise near the base of Jungkook’s neck.

“Hyung, what are you loo…” Jungkook seemed to get the answer before finishing his words because the next thing he do was pulling up the collar of his shirt and trying to hide the bruise.

Damn! If Taehyung’s memory was right then the bruise on Jungkook’s neck was his doing. Then, it meant that his entire dream last night was real. And Taehyung should be freaked out right now, but he wasn’t. Instead, he kept staring at it till Jungkook got embarrassed and stood up abruptly from his chair.

“Are you not hungry hyung? I’ll make something for us.” Jungkook excused himself to the kitchen and Taehyung unconsciously following him. When he saw Jungkook turning on the stove for boiling what it seemed to be pasta Taehyung suddenly had the urge to hug the younger boy without any logical reason in his mind.

So, Taehyung did, he wrapped his arms around Jungkook’s waist and his chin rested on Jungkook’s shoulder. It would be just like his usual touchy self driving him if he wasn’t so distraught by the purplish color on Jungkook’s porcelain-like skin.

“Jungkookie…” Taehyung could feel Jungkook’s body tensed as his lips made a contact with the skin on Jungkook’s neck but he slowly relaxing as Taehyung showered the very said skin with butterfly kisses.

“Thank you… for not leaving me.” Taehyung arrived at the purplish spot on Jungkook’s skin and maybe he still drunk because the next thing he knew he was the little spot, made the purplish spot turned into bright red and Jungkook’s breath got heavier.

Taehyung knew this wasn’t something best friends usually do to each other, but Jungkook never did anything to stop him and he couldn’t find anything to stop himself. So he just continued to kiss Jungkook’s neck up to his ear like it was the most normal thing to do to your best friend, and at the end he kissed Jungkook’s flaming red cheek before he opened his mouth, “And for the pasta, make sure you make a load of it because I’m hungry as hell.”

When Jungkook turned his red face to meet Taehyung’s eyes, there was some kind of agreement between them with Jungkook’s laugh as the seal.

 


 

Author's Note: a weird chapter update before I go to sleep lalala and thank you for all who subscribing, upvoting, and commenting! love yaaa xD and damn I need to sleep. ciao!