Of Ruined Plan and Mother's attack

A Thousand Firsts

Jungkook used to think that he was the sincerer one in their friendship and everyone would always agree with him to that. Because how he managed to keep up with Taehyung and all his quirkiness this past nine years was beyond imagination. And the way Jungkook would always ends up adjusting himself to Taehyung’s way of thinking had garnered him a standing ovation from many people around him.

But no, Jungkook had never been so wrong in his life. The truth is he wasn’t sincere at all; the moment he nearly chocked up by his tears over the fact that Taehyung had a girlfriend had proven him that no, indeed he wasn’t the sincere person he always thought he was. Later that day, after he could finally trust his eyes not to pour tears as much as a broken faucet would do, he walked back to his house under the darkened sky just like nine years ago when he fist met Taehyung. The only difference was there was no Taehyung who walked beside him; there was only heartache that accompanying Jungkook that night.

Jungkook had tried though, to not let his personal feeling got in the way with his long time friendship with Taehyung. He tried really hard to make no change in their friendship just because Taehyung got a girlfriend and Jungkook got his heart broken. Yeah, Jungkook had tried but he failed miserably. Despite failing countless time he still tried it over and over again, because maybe if he tried hard enough he would be used to the pain and finally he could gave Taehyung a sincere smile again without having to suppress the tears that always threatened to fall out.

But that day, when Jimin approached him after their dance practice, Jungkook thought that maybe it’s time for him to stop trying.

“Hey, Jungkook are you okay?” maybe because he had tried enough.

“I’m fine hyung, lets go home.” And he was tired of saying the same lies over and over again.

“But you don’t seem like you are fine at all.” Jimin sighed, reached out his hand to grab Jungkook’s right hand.

“What are you talking about hyung? I’m fine, really.” And Jungkook started to feel tired of convincing himself that he was okay.

Jimin took a couple of step closer to the younger boy and sighed when he saw the look in Jungkook’s eyes and it remained him of his self, “I saw the way you look at Taehyung.” Jimin watched as Jungkook’s eyes went wide in surprise, “And trust me, I also saw the hurtful looks in your eyes. And it’s painfully similar with the look I had two years ago and I don’t want you to go through this alone. Just like me. You like Taehyung, aren’t you?”

And by the last sentence came out of Jimin’s mouth, Jungkook could feel himself break down as he nodded and the first tears rolled out of his eyes. He felt Jimin’s two arms snaking around his shoulder as the older engulfed him in a warm embrace. At that time, Jungkook thought that maybe it’s the best for him to stop trying.

***

“I’m not saying that you should disappear from Taehyung’s life completely, you just need to find out your life outside the world that only has Taehyung in it. You just need to learn to function properly without him so you can start a new life where it’s okay for you and Taehyung to just be best friends.” Jungkook just nodded, but not to long after that he let out a loud sighed.

“Hyung, that girl, Namjoo noona, she’s a good girl right?” Jungkook sent a glance to Jimin direction where the older still busy changing the channel on Jungkook’s TV.

Jimin peeled his eyes from the television and turned his head only to find Jungkook blankly stared at the ceiling. To be honest, Namjoo was a really sweet girl, she was kind and cheerful, Jimin had been in the same class with her and Taehyung since the freshman year and he never heard any bad rumors about her, so yes she is a good girl, “Yes, Jungkook. She’s a good girl.”

“Good.” It’s the only answer that came out of Jungkook’s mouth before he got up and made his way to his wardrobe and pulled out something from it, “Here hyung, give it to Namjoo noona.” Jungkook smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes.

Jimin’s felt like his heart being pinched by someone as he saw the look on Jungkook’s eyes and then he shifted his eyes to the thing that lay on his lap. The thing Jungkook wanted him to give to Taehyung’s girlfriend. The thing that Jimin thought only belonged to Jungkook, and somehow Jimin knew that Taehyung would think the same too. And the thing was Taehyung’s basketball jersey.

***

Jungkook thought that he did a pretty good job trying to live outside Taehyung’s world. He didn’t even cry when he saw Namjoo kiss Taehyung’s cheek after the final basketball game. Just a little prick on his chest, okay not prick, it was more like a stab on his chest, but still he didn’t cry. And it made Jungkook so proud of himself even though he still glancing over Taehyung’s direction every two minutes, it still could be considered a good job from him right?

So yeah, he did a pretty good job but it didn’t last long; because the next thing he knew he was being busted by Taehyung on his practice room, and then Taehyung swallowed a key and he nearly died, and Jungkook had to do a messy CPR he learnt from TV serial and the last thing he remembered was punching Taehyung in the face with tears streaming down his face and then being hugged by Taehyung.

It was crazy how Taehyung managed to make him angry and laughed like a madman at the same time. Jungkook was angry because Taehyung had popped out of nowhere and ruined his good work of trying to let go his gigantic crush on the said boy, but he was also happy because Taehyung was wiling to do such stupid thing just to make Jungkook stay with him for the weekend. That night Jungkook turned completely into some creepy lovesick boy because he slept with not only tears on his face but there was also smile drawn evidently there.

***

Jungkook woke up with a face full of Taehyung’s crazy smile and bruised cheek. Jungkook swore he really wanted to huff in annoyance but seeing the crazy smile that secretly he missed so much only directed to him was making such a big impact on his mental condition because the next thing he knew there was a chuckle came right out of Jungkook’s mouth.

“What are you doing hyung?”

“I’m picking you up, of course.” Taehyung attacked Jungkook with his crazy smile again but Jungkook knew better that there was something behind that smile.

“I’m sure I am more than capable of walking to your house by my self hyung, it’s not like I’ll get lost or something.”

“But still I just want to…”

“You’re afraid I’ll run away to Jeju, don’t you?”

“No, it’s not like that Jungkook-ah, I was just…”

“To know that you only have that much trust in me was quite disappointing hyung.” Jungkook had fun seeing the panic looks on Taehyung’s face that he had to stifle his own laugh.

“No, no, no, it’s not like that Jungkook-ah, I trust you so much but I just can’t help being afraid that you’re going to ditch me, and I’m so ed up, please don’t be mad at me again, or I have to find something to swallow again.” Taehyung’s eyes started to roam around Jungkook’s room and this time it was Jungkook’s turned to panic.

“Damn hyung, I was just messing around with you.” Jungkook grab Taehyung right arm, “Just wait here while I’m going to shower and if I find you eating something you’re not supposed to eat again, I swear I will make a greenish tattoo on your right cheek to match with the left one with my own fist.”

Hearing that Taehyung just nodded while mumbling about since when Jungkook had become that much of a violent.

***

“Oh my God Jungkook, I miss you so much!” Jungkook just entered Taehyung’s house when he suddenly engulfed in Taehyung’s mom embrace before the lady started to attack his face with motherly kisses.

“Oh Dad, please help! Mom is trying to Jungkook again!” Jungkook could hear Taehyung’s ground breaking scream while his dad just strolled casually to the living room dragging some huge travel bag and just sending a smile to Jungkook.

“Mom please, he need to breath.” Taehyung whined while trying to free Jungkook from his mom bear hug, “And stop with the kisses mom! You have enough of it already.”

Taehyung’s mom huffed in annoyance and freed Jungkook from her embrace, “Please Taehyung, you’re just jealous.”

Jungkook just chuckled hearing Taehyung and his mom bantered each other, “Please mom, I don’t want any of your kisses really.”

And this time Taehyung’s father laughter boomed from across the room, Taehyung’s mom just sent him an annoyed look before returning her gaze to Taehyung’s face, “Oh, so you want to be the one that kiss Jungkook?” and Jungkook didn’t know what is air when he heard those words rolled out of Taehyung’s mom mouth.

“Mom! What the hell!?”

“Oh, so our lovely son want to kiss his best friend.” She said with a teasing tone, a wicked grin on her face while Taehyung’s mouth just opened and closed like a fish out of water and Jungkook’s face was red beyond imagination.

“Honey, stop teasing the kid, we have to go now, we already late.” Taehyung’s dad suddenly stood between his wife and his son to stop the ever ridiculous argument they had. “Taehyung and Jungkook take care of your selves while we’re away, and don’t burn down the house. Let’s go, honey.”

Finally they made their way to the front door when Taehyung’s mom suddenly turned around and shouted, “And don’t kiss too much!” and then giggled like a school girl before she finally disappear on the front door and left the two boys stood still on their place.

Jungkook didn’t really know how long they stood still after Taehyung’s parents’ departure and after that one holy sentence that was said by Taehyung’s mom. The only thing he knew was his face was going to evaporate because of the sudden extreme heat that attacks him. If only Jungkook had spared a little time to turn his head into Taehyung’s direction he would see that he wasn’t the only one whose face was going to evaporate.

 


 

Author's Note: Hey hey hey, I finally upadated. And I just realize that all of you are super cool by subscribing, voting, even more commenting to this story, just want you all to know that I really really really apreciate it and I kinda feel bad for never replying your comment and maybe I should start on this chapter mwahahaha.

okay, okay, I'm gonna shut up now and don't forget to spread Vkook love to the world xD