Of Crazy Dream and Nearly Died Experience

A Thousand Firsts

Taehyung had a dream last night, and it scared him out of his wit. It wasn’t a crowded dream; there were only Jungkook and him. That dream only consisted two of them in some random room, there were no blood or some crazy serial killer included in Taehyung’s dream. It was just simply him and Jungkook in one plain room, but still there was something in Taehyung’s dream that managed to scare him to death. And that dream didn’t stop haunting his mind even just a second since he woke up this morning. That dream surely had caused some real damage on his nerve because Jungkook had already asked him if he was sick four times on their way to school. Taehyung wasn’t sure the reason Jungkook asked him was because his face looked a little paler that day or because he was too quiet to be the healthy Kim Taehyung. But one thing was for sure, Taehyung had to erase that damn dream fully from his mind or he would be sick for real.

So when Kim Namjoo, a sweet and rather pretty classmate of his directly handed him a love letter on some random morning, Taehyung thought that finally he could really forget about that damn dream that had been forever on repeat in his dream playlist since a week ago. That morning, without so much consideration on his part, he got him self a girlfriend.

***

Turned out telling Jungkook that he had a girlfriend was harder than finding the girlfriend it self. After effortlessly kidnapped Jungkook from his dance practice and dragged the younger boy to their hideout, Taehyung couldn’t seem to find the right words to tell Jungkook about his sudden changing of relationship status. And when Taehyung’s eyes went to Jungkook’s direction he instantly turned into some nervous wreck with a serious stuttering problem. It was before Jungkook put his hands on both side of his shoulder and gave Taehyung comfort like Jungkook always did for the past nine years that Taehyung could finally deliver the news.

“I just wanted you to be the first to know… that this morning I got myself a girlfriend.” As soon as the news rolled out of Taehyung’s mouth, he could feel Jungkook’s grip on his shoulder weakened and the smile that Taehyung adored so much slowly flattened. There were so many emotion swam across those beautiful eyes, and out of the many emotions disappointment was clearly outshined the others.

“Oh. Who is she?” Taehyung could hear a slight tremble as Jungkook voiced out his question and he wasn’t quite sure of the reason behind Jungkook’s trembling voice.

Taehyung couldn’t help feeling nervous all over again, but he had to answer it, nervous or not. “She is Kim Namjoo. She’s my classmate, I think you know her.”

“Do you like her?” Taehyung got a little distracted by so many emotions that swirling on the eyes that he stared at the whole time but he heard Jungkook’s question clearly.

“Yes. No. I don’t know Jungkook, I think I will come to like her as time goes by.” Taehyung didn’t lie when he said he didn’t like Namjoo for now but he didn’t sure about getting to like her in the near future. All he knew was he had to find a distraction from his crazy dream and getting a girlfriend was the easiest way his mind could think of.

Jungkook nodded his head slowly, “Are you sure you’re going to be happy?”

“Yes.” Taehyung answered, tried so hard to sound convincing.

And he knew it worked when Jungkook suddenly pulled him into warm embrace, “Congratulation hyung, I’m happy for you too. Just make sure you don’t get yourself hurt.” Jungkook murmured to Taehyung’s shoulder.

There were two things that Taehyung hated the most; telling lies and being lied at. And that day he got both of them.

***

There were so many things that Taehyung didn’t know. Like how he didn’t know Jungkook crying his heart out a minute after Taehyung told him about his new girlfriend and left him alone on their hideout. Taehyung didn’t know that his best friend had a really big crush on him since long time ago. He didn’t know that a few weeks ago he had broken the heart of the person that he loved the most right after his parents. And he didn’t know the reason why he felt like he and Jungkook slowly falling apart.

At first, he thought that nothing would change between Jungkook and him just because he wasn’t single anymore. But turned out he was wrong. Sure they were still go to school together every morning, they were still eating lunch together at the cafeteria, they were still conversing like they used to, but something was surely missing. The lights on Jungkook eyes that had always been there since the first time Taehyung met him nine years ago was gone. And he had a bad feeling that he was the reason behind it; the worst part was Taehyung didn’t know what he had done that could cause Jungkook that much worth of pain.

And Jungkook wasn’t the only one that hurting; because Taehyung could swear that he was hurting too. He didn’t know why but he felt like Jungkook purposely put a tiny little piece of distance between them, and he did it over and over again that his action caught Taehyung off guard because suddenly there was a rather hug rift between them and Taehyung nearly didn’t realize it.

Taehyung swore he could feel Jungkook was slowly avoiding him by keeping close to Jimin. And Taehyung hated Jimin for letting Jungkook kept him close. Then Taehyung felt ridiculous for hating Jimin because Jimin was indeed Jungkook’s best friend along with Taehyung and never once in his long time friendship with Jungkook that he was afraid of being replaced.

But on one fine Friday afternoon after school when Taehyung subtly ditched Namjoo just to go home together with Jungkook, the fear that once never crossed his mind suddenly threatened to became reality. That day, Taehyung saw Jungkook wrapped tightly in Jimin’s embrace. And Jungkook was crying. And Taehyung was once again being left confuse of the reason behind his aching chest.

Was it because he saw Jungkook crying?

Was it because he saw Jungkook crying in another boy’s arm?

Or was it both of the idea above?

And Taehyung found the answer a few days after that, when he was in his final basket tournament. He found the answer when his eyes was accidentally found some pale skin boy somewhere on the bleachers, cheering his team like there was no tomorrow, and wearing his school basketball jersey. But it wasn’t Taehyung’s jersey that he was wearing like he used to, it was Jimin’s. And when he found out that his girlfriend was wearing his, he couldn’t help asking her on the spot. Because it was weird that his only spare basketball jersey was with Jungkook and magically his girlfriend was wearing it while Jungkook wore other boy’s jersey.

“Ah, Jimin gave me this jersey yesterday. He said you want me to wear it while supporting you.” She said in a sing a song voice, before tiptoeing and kissed Taehyung’s cheek, “And you were great on the field a while ago.”

Taehyung would be flustered after hearing his teammate teasing after they saw what Namjoo just did but Taehyung was too busy looking across the room where the boy wearing Jimin’s jersey was smiling and congratulating the shorter male in front of him like he was Taehyung. Call him childish but when Taehyung felt anger and the pain of being replaced all over again he also swore that he would reclaim what was his. He would never let himself replaced from such precious title; the title of being Jungkook’s best friend.

***

Turned out Taehyung’s plan on regaining his position as Jungkook’s best friend was having a rocky path, because every time Taehyung tried to get Jungkook alone, Jimin was there, pulling his guard up like a mother hen. Taehyung already had nineteen plans on how to murder Park Jimin without having to go to jail when suddenly Yoongi came to the rescue. What could be a better murder plan for a superman wannabe than his kryptonite him self.

To say it in simple words, Yoongi hyung was Jimin’s kryptonite. So Taehyung basically begged the older boy to help him getting rid of Jimin for a few days at the cost of a big amount of his comic book. He knew he finally had the chance to talk with Jungkook alone when he saw Jimin walked super fast with phone on his ear as he rambled about going to Seoul and Yoongi had a food poisoning as Taehyung was on his way to Jungkook’s dance practice room.

Taehyung waited in front of practice room for a good twenty minutes before the dance club member were out one by one. Taehyung knew that Jungkook would be left behind because Jimin was absent and Jungkook as the vice president of the dance club had to do the president’s job. So Taehyung was a little bit surprised when he found Jungkook was still dancing to some upbeat song Taehyung wasn’t able to recognize. Taehyung realized what a great dancer Jungkook was when he found himself clapped his hand enthusiastically as soon as the song ended.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Jungkook asked with a surprised expression on his face.

“Waiting for you, of course.” Taehyung lift his had in front of his chest, “Let’s go home together today.”

Taehyung eyed Jungkook that was still busy cleared up his thing and realized how much he missed the younger boy. “I was wondering if you want to hang out at my place this weekend because my parents are going to some family trip.”

This time Jungkook looked up from whatever he was doing, “Sorry hyung, can’t do. I already have a plan with my classmate.”

“What plan?” now Jungkook already finished and got up to walk out the room.

“We are going to Yugyeom’s villa on Jeju Island.” Jungkook was about to walk out the room when Taehyung suddenly closed the door, locked it and pulled the key out. “What are you doing hyung?”

“We’re not going anywhere until you tell me you’re going to hang out with me for the weekend.” Taehyung was blocking the door with the door’s key was secure on his grip.

Jungkook let out a sigh, “Like I said before, I can’t hyung. I already have a plan with Yugyeom and the other kid. Now step aside because I haven’t packed my belonging to go for that trip.”

“Then just cancel it, Jungkook-ah.” Taehyung could see Jungkook’s right eye flinch as he heard his name rolled out of Taehyung’s mouth. “I’ll be home alone without someone watching me out and the next thing we know that my house was burning down in flame with me in it.”

“Hyung, you can ask Namjoo noona to accompany you.” There was a pause after that.

“But I want you to accompany me, not Namjoo.”

 Jungkook just rolled his eyes, “Come on hyung, I need to go home.”

Taehyung was desperate, he wanted to spend some time with Jungkook so bad, he already got rid of Jimin and now he still couldn’t do that because Jungkook already had a plan. So he did the only thing that crossed his mind, he put the key on his mouth. “Hyung! What are you doing? Spit it out now!”

Taehyung just shook his head, “I’ww swawow it ef you dong cancew youw pwan.”

“No, you couldn’t do that.” Jungkook hissed, “spit it out now!”

“Twy me.”

“Fine! Swallow it if you dare!” Jungkook was annoyed, and Taehyung knew that, so Taehyung did what he was told to do.

He swallowed it. He, Kim Taehyung, just swallowed a metal key just to get to spend the weekend with Jeon Jungkook.

And to no surprise, soon he felt it was hard to breath as he watch Jungkook’s eyes went wide in horror. Taehyung heard a sound of bag hitting the floor before he felt a pair of rather strong arm snaking around his stomach and pushed it as hard as he could.

“Just because I told you…” Taehyung could feel that strong arm put a great pressure to his stomach.

“to swallow it…” pushed, “doesn’t mean you had to swallow it!”

“You crazy idiot!” pushed once again, “Spit. It. Out!”

Clinggg!! And there it was, the key that just Taehyung swallowed was already on the floor as he felt his leg got weaken and his body felt to the floor.

“Yak! Kim ing Taehyung! What the are you thinking? You just ing swallowed the key just to make me…” Taehyung could only hear Jungkook pissed of rambling faintly as he felt his vision slowly went black and then he realized that his breathing wasn’t back to normal.

“Hyung! Oh my god! Hyung! Wake up!” Taehyung felt like he was about to stop breathing when he felt a pair of lips just smacked his own and a breath of fresh was blown into his lung.

“Hyung! Wake up hyung! Oh my god!” and Jungkook put his lips on Taehyung’s once again before breathing directly to Taehyung’s mouth.

“Don’t you ing dare to ing die on me!” the third time Taehyung felt a pair of lips on his own and air slowly filling his lung, the memory of his crazy dream came rushing into his mind.

Taehyung still had his eyes closed but he was sure the situation they were in was similar enough with his dream. Didn’t want his crazy dream to be reality; Taehyung had to force his eyes opened. And as soon as he opened his eyes, he saw Jungkook. With his lips press against Taehyung’s as he blow some air to help the other boy breath again and his eyes were pouring tears like an open faucet.

Their position was indeed exactly the same with Taehyung’s crazy dream, the difference were Jungkook wasn’t kissing him and they were both still had they clothes on. And the crazier thing was Taehyung had this urge to make Jungkook stopped blowing air into his lung by kissing him like Taehyung always did in his crazy dream.

But it didn’t happen, because Jungkook suddenly pulled away, tears streaming down his face as Taehyung just blinking his eyes a few times before getting up to sitting position and grinned like an idiot. And then Jungkook suddenly punched Taehyung, straight in the face, with the addition of full power, before screaming his head off.

“Do you want to ing die!? You ing retarded !!”

 


 

A/N: Finally update wohooo! xD