Of Hopes and First Heartbreak

A Thousand Firsts

The moment Jungkook accepted the fact that he had a rather big crush on his best friend was some kind of big turning point for him; it was a life changing moment if he must say it in dramatic manners. It was just as if he had been reborn again to be another version of him self; the happier one. The perks of letting go of something that kept bugging his mind finally came to him. Everything that had been worrying him about the after effect of Taehyung’s touch had vanished in to thin air.

Sure he still felt the crazy churning on his tummy every time Taehyung changed into his clingy mode, but rather than feeling uncomfortable he was more enjoying it. Sometimes he thought that he took advantages from that side of Taehyung. It was like Taehyung secretly helping him to cherish the feeling he had for the older boy, sometimes he even made Jungkook felt like Taehyung had the same feeling for him. As much as Jungkook wanted to touch Taehyung more than he already did, he knew that the entire back hug, holding hand and cuddling while watching a movie marathon is all that he got without having to confess his feelings and had a chance to ruin their long time and precious friendship.

There was a time when Jungkook felt like ending his silent crush for the older boy by confessing his feeling and just hoped for the best but every time he saw that rectangular smile of the older boy he instantly made up his mind and chose to buried his feeling deep down and just be grateful of what he had right at this moment.

But this time, there was something at the way Taehyung held his hand that made Jungkook’s heart swelled up in anticipation as he lead both of them to the place where they met for the first time. The place where he and Jungkook built the tire swing back when they were only eight and six years old boy. The place that Jungkook often called as abandoned garden and Taehyung proudly called it as their hideout place.  The place where a fifteen years old Jungkook felt like his heart could jump out from his chest at any second as he watch a seventeen years old Taehyung nervously sending glance at Jungkook’s direction every once in awhile.

“Hyung, I swear if you don’t start speaking now after you kidnapped me from my dance studio I’ll strangle you to death.” Maybe this place would be the place where Jungkook brought his silent crush to an end.

“Can you be patient for a few second more? Please, I need to prepare my heart first.” Maybe this place would be the place where Jungkook found out that there was a slight hope for his so called two years long one sided love after all.

“Seriously, what do you really want to talk about that makes you a nervous mess like this?” maybe this place would be a place where Jungkook finally found his little happy ending.

“I… I…” Taehyung seemed too nervous for his own good, so Jungkook did what he always did every time Taehyung did the stutter act in front of him. Jungkook stood out from the tire swing that he sat on since twenty minutes ago and walked up to the nervous boy, he then put his hand on each side of Taehyung’s shoulder and made the older boys look straight to his face.

“It’s okay hyung, I’ll listen every single word you say.” Jungkook sent him a reassuring smile.

So, while Taehyung nodded his head, Jungkook was trying to hold down his excitement for the possibly love confession from Taehyung’s side. Jungkook didn’t know that right at that moment he had been too hopeful for his own good.

He didn’t know that his mind had created the most mindless dream that he would regret not long after.

He didn’t know that whatever that would come out from Taehyung’s mouth would only hurt him.

“I just wanted you to be the first to know…” most importantly, Jungkook didn’t know that he would experience heart break for the first time right after Taehyung finished his sentence, “that this morning I got myself a girlfriend.”

After all the wishful thinking he did before, who would know that the one place that had witnessed most of his happiest moment would also be the place that witnessed him crying out of a broken heart.

 


 

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the short and crappy update >.<