Stop Being My Best Friend

A Thousand Firsts

Taehyung had been throwing dagger with his stare towards Jungkook's direction for about half an hour now. Everything seemed okay not long ago and then Jungkook's performance happened. Jungkook basically didn't do anything special with his performance, but unlike Taehyung who was used to see Jungkook strumed his guitar and singing his heart out, everybody was still shocked and starstruck at the younger boy. It seemed like every living person in that room still couldn't believe that they were just knew about this side of Jungkook that night. In span of ten minutes Jungkook had already garnered a little bit too much attention for himself.

It wasn't like Taehyung jealous of the overwhelming attention directed towards his best friend, it's just the people that surrounded the younger boy who made his heart thumped with rage. The fact that there were a group of senior girls circling around Jungkook and giggling like there was no tomorrow made Taehyung felt irritated without any apparent reason. And in addition, Taehyung even heard some of them threw a flirty line to his innocent best friend and how Taehyung could see a tint of red on Jungkook's cheeks made his annoyance rocketed up to a whole different level. Pssh they didn't give a damn about Jungkook for a whole year and now they were busy buzzing around the younger boy like a ing vampire did around a girl who was having her period.

"You know your jealous stare wouldn't make the groupies there go away from your super cute little boyfriend." Taehyung turned his head and found Namjoo standing beside him with a teasing smile on her face.

"Pssh he isn't even my boyfriend, why should I be jealous?" Taehyung tried to sneer but failed miserably.

"But you want him to." Namjoo stated, her stare was fixed towards Jungkook's direction. "And don't even try to deny that you are jealous, you've been eye murdering those girls since thirty minutes ago."

Namjoo chuckled, eyes still fixed on Jungkook's direction meanwhile Taehyung was busy contemplating wether Namjoo's statement was undeniably right or just downright wrong. Call him stupid but Taehyung truly had no idea about this weird feeling inside him that had been bugging his mind for the last four days. As he kept staring at Namjoo's side profile he felt the confusion inside his brain became messier than before. And suddenly Namjoo turned her head towards Taehyung and chuckled again, she put her right palm on Taehyung's shoulder before standing on her tiptoes and put her other hand beside her left cheek.

"Here's some useful advice for you," she whispered "do something before one of those groupies steal him away from you."

"What?" Taehyung stared at Namjoo, confused.

Namjoo who had already stood back properly only shook her head in disbelief.

"Sometimes I wonder whether you're just pretending to be such an oblivious jerk or you just really are dense." Namjoo shook her head, watching as Taehyung just kept staring blankly at her face.

"Think whatever you want to think, I have no idea what we're talking about right now." Taehyung talked back, eyes darting back to where Jungkook was standing, realizing that the younger was already staring at Taehyung's direction.

"He likes you." Namjoo followed Taehyung's gaze and watched as the two boys staring at each other. "As much as you like him."

It's ridiculous how Namjoo ended up playing cupid for his ex-boyfriend as if she never had feelings for the said boy. Which wasn't true, because she did like Taehyung very much but the two oblivious love bird in front of her was making Namjoo forget about all of her feelings she had towards Taehyung and wanted to smack his head instead.

"No s." Taehyung murmured, eyes still battling with the younger boy across the room, "Jungkook will never likes me the way I like him."

"And in what kind of way do you like him Taehyung?" Taehyung turned his gaze towards Namjoo after hearing her question. Only to find the said girl was smirking at him. Guess he couldn't deny about the strange attraction he had towards his best friend anymore. At least not to Namjoo.

So Taehyung just sighed in defeat, eyes kept darting back to the boy who's now busy chatting with a bunch of senior girls, completely clueless about the flaming jealousy in Taehyung's gaze.

"Just tell him the truth Tae, trust me, everything will be all sunshine and butterflies after that." Namjoo said with so much confidence in her voice. Watching as Jungkook tried hard not to stare at their direction but failed miserably, because now he was in some kind of staring battle with Taehyung again.

"But I don't know if he has the same feelings towards me or not." Taehyung turned his head to Namjoo after Jungkook decided to turn his attention towards the groupies instead.

"And you'll never know if you don't man up and ask him about it." Taehyung flinched at the truth of Namjoo words. And he knew he had to tell Jungkook about his feeling sooner or later. But still, the possibility of getting rejected or worse, having Jungkook avoiding him and not wanting to see Taehyung's face anymore was so terrifying.

"You know, I think I can give you a little help," Namjoo's voice was so sure it got Taehyung convinced. "By provoking him," Taehyung turned his head towards Namjoo's direction fully now, because she was just so ridiculous. There's no good thing we could get from the provoked Jungkook.

"To get jealous." and then Namjoo was kissing him, square on the lips. And Taehyung just stood there, shocked and confused. "Good luck Tae." Namjoo whispered after she pulled away before disappearing into the crowd.

Taehyung's eyes scan the crowd frantically, because what the hell was just happening? And then his eyes accidentally met with a familiar pair of beautiful eyes, but there was something different tonight. This time those eyes were drenching with anger. Oh , Jungkook was pissed off.

***

What the actual . Taehyung was kissing his ex, and Jungkook's vision was red with anger and jealousy he couldn't even express. Like how strange it would be if Jungkook just stomped his foot angrily and pulled Namjoo away from Taehyung and started the cat fight with her. Of course it would be really weird and downward embarrassing. Like who is he anyway? Just Taehyung's freaking best friend.

Just his best friend. A freaking best friend. What the actual .

Oh good thing Namjoo finally pulled away and disappeared from Jungkook's sight. And why the hell is Taehyung looking for her? Oh so you want more? Okay, Kim Taehyung, you too!

"What the hell? Weren't they already over like ages ago?" One of the senior girl beside Jungkook chirped annoyingly.

"Yeah, I thought so." The other one on Jungkook's left side replied and Jungkook was so full of rage, "But looks like they're getting back together."

Jungkook felt like he's going to flip anything that within his reach, he continued staring daggers towards Taehyung's direction and now the older boy was on his phone.

Oh, so you can't fine her and now you call her? Good ing job Kim Taehyung. He turned his attention away from the older boy to the group of senior girls that magically appeared in front of him since like an hour ago. Jungkook tried hard to get rid of his annoyance and just enjoyed the night. But rather than having fun, the image of Namjoo putting her lips on Taehyung's was enough to get his blood boiled again.

"Jungkook," and holy ing cow what the hell is he doing near me when all I can think is chopping his body into tiny little pieces!?

Jungkook turned around, ready to strangle Taehyung with his death glare, but stopped when he saw how pale Taehyung's face was. All of the anger he had towards the older boy suddenly transformed into a bubbling worries on his mind.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook was quick to leave the groupies that circling him and speed walking towards Taehyung.

Taehyung opened his mouth slightly just to closed it again, "I… uh."

"You what? What happened?" Jungkook was still panicking at the fact that Taehyung's face was as white as a ghost, it was either Taehyung was sick or terrified.

"My dad, he's in the hospital." Taehyung said with a shaky voice, he looked at Jungkook's panic expression and his mind was still able to think about how cute Jungkook was, and tried hard to restraint himself from cooing over the younger cuteness. He even dared to forget abkut his first intention, what was it again? Oh yeah, get Jungkook out of this place as soon as possible.

"Jungkook, we need to go now."

***

"Hyung, you said your father is at the hospital." Jungkook looked around in confusion. After Taehyung said that they need to go, the older just garab Jungkook's hand and drag him out of the building in no time. Taehyung even had already called a cab for them, so it's normal for Jungkook to think that they were going to go to the hospital, right?

Well, let's not forget about Taehyung's random behavior because now both of them were at Taehyung's house with the older boy still bussy locking the door.

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Jungkook was getting more and more confuse as he watched Taehyung still busy at the front door. "Hyung, answer me, why are we here? Shouldn't we in the hospital right now?"

"Wait a minute, I need some water first." It was all Taehyung said after he finished his strange acts at the door. He walked straight to the kitchen and gulped down a glass full of cold water. Taehyung was hoping the water could help him calming down his heart beat, but of course Jungkook would stand in front of him, arm crossed on his chest, eyes scanning him suspiciously, and Taehyung just couldn't get his heart to calm down.

"Hyung, what happened actually? You said that your father is in the hospital then why do we here?" Jungkook asked in pure confusion, there was no sign of the anger he imposed to the older boy not a while ago.

"Euh, that's…" Taehyung tried to find a-not-so-ridiculous answer for Jungkook's question, "let's say that my dad isn't very fond of the idea we're visiting him at the hospital."

"Wha… Why?" Jungkook frowned, he was getting more confused listening to Taehyung's answer.

"Because of the wasabi crackers." Jungkook frowned deeper, "you survived it while he's hospitalized, I guess he's just embarrassed." Taehyung took another glass of water.

"What? Then why did we leave so soon?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung nearly choked on his water. He put the glass on the sink before walking out to the living room. Taehyung could hear Jungkook's footsteps following him from behind.

"Hyung, I'm waiting for your answer you know." Taehyung stopped in the middle of the room and he could hear Jungkook's footsteps also stopped a few steps behind him.

Just tell him the truth Tae.

Tell him the truth.

Yeah, just tell him.

Taehyung took a deep breath before answering, "It's because I've had enough of you and those girls." He murmured, more to himself than tbe younger boy behind him.

"So? You saw me having fun with other people and just suddenly decided that I've had enough fun?" Jungkook's voice was so stern and everybody thought that Taehyung was the dense one. "While you were busy kissing with your ex."

Taehyung turned around to face Jungkook and gave the younger boy some explanation before the realization hit him.

"Kookie, is it possible for you to be jealous?" Taehyung fought the smirk that threatened to broke on his face, because hell yeah is Namjoo's plan really working?

"Nope. Why should I? I'm just your freaking best friend. I don't have the right to be jealous, right?" , Jungkook thought. Because he was indeed sounding so ing jealous.

Taehyung stared at the younger scowling face and thought that his brain was finally damaged because why the hell Jungkook's scowling face looked so cute for him. And there's a tint red on Jungkook's cheeks that made him so ing adorable.

"Then you should stop being my best friend." Taehyung said, trying to sound confidence while Jungkook was totally taken aback by Taehyung's choice of answer.

"Wha… What?"

"You can stop being my best friend." Taehyung took a step forward while Jungkook remained rooted on his spot.

"And be someone who has the right to get jealous at me." Taehyung took one big step forward, cutting a big amount of distance between them.

"What do you mean?" They were standing so close to each other that Taehyung afraid Jungkook could hear his racing hearts.

Taehyung's hands were moving itself and found their way to Jungkook's red tainted cheeks. Thumbing at the soft skin and Taehyung knew there was no turning back, it's either now or never.

"What I mean is I'm dying to kiss you right now." Jungkook's eyes widened, making him look cuter than ever and Taehyung didn't know how he could restrain himself from attacking Jungkook's kissable lips. "So Kookie, please stop being my best friend, can you?"

Jungkook's heart was racing a mile a minute and it's taking all of his remaining power to respond to Taehyung's question. Jungkook wasn't even fully nodded his head when Taehyung closed the distance between them and pulling him into a crushing kiss.


A/N: I'm so sorry for being mia guys (ToT) Life had been playing with me so, yeah hahahaha

 

But yay I updated and hope you like it >﹏< *ciao!*