Hyung, That's Not The Point

A Thousand Firsts

If this was just some kind of Jungkook's wild dream, Jungkook would probably go mad and kill someone. Because at this moment, Taehyung was kissing him. Both of his hand cupping Jungkook's face keeping him in place, eyes closed, lips moving slowly against Jungkook's trembling ones. And despite Jungkook's hammering heartbeats, the younger felt so serene, because it was all he wanted since day one. Since that day when Jungkook looked up and found the rectangular smile drawn across the older face and felt like the winds got knockout from his lungs, realizing that he had some major big crush on his best friend.

After all this time thinking that he was the only one hoping that someday they will be more than just best friend, Jungkook thought that finally he got what he always wanted. To know that Taehyung kissed him not because the alcohol-driving mind or because being forced in some kind of ridiculous dare. Jungkook was happy to know that Taehyung kissed him just because he wanted to.

And Jungkook felt like he could do this for the rest of his life, except they couldn't. Because they needed to catch their breath to continue living. So Taehyung pulled away slightly after a moment, refusing to lose the warm feeling of Jungkook's lips against his own, lips still touching but no longer kissing, their forehead pressed against each other.

Jungkook's whole face flushed red knowing that they were practically breathing each other air, and when he opened his eyes they were met with Taehyung soft yet searing gaze, full with emotions Jungkook never knew Taehyung had for him.

Jungkook could feel Taehyung smiled on his lips while hands thumbing so softly against his cheeks and Jungkook couldn't find a solid reason to not smiling back. So he did, and soon he was pulled into another breathtaking kiss.

This time Jungkook s his arms around Taehyung's neck, clinging there for dear life while the older boy pushed his body forward, lips still attached to the younger. Jungkook's body stumbled backwards until the back of his legs hit the couch and soon he was lying on his back at the couch while Taehyung was hovering above him. Lips still kissing the younger boy with so much more intensity than any other kisses they shared before and Jungkook is very much eager to respond the kiss.

But then he realized that Taehyung's father was at the hospital and here Jungkook was, making out with his best friend like there's no tomorrow. And the thought didn't fit well on his brain, making Jungkook stopped kissing the older boy abruptly, lightly pushing the older boy, and got Taehyung stared at him in confusion.

"What's wrong kookie?" Taehyung asked, completely unabashed of their current position. Which was a complete opposite of what Jungkook felt. So the younger boy pushed his body into sitting position making Taehyung started to question every single mistakes he probably made without realizing it.

"Hyung, your dad is in the hospital now." Jungkook said, lips swollen from all the kissing they did before.

"So?" Taehyung stared at the younger boy, still oblivious as always.

"Don't you feel bad about it?" and now Jungkook was gnawing at his bottom lips, and Taehyung couldn't get his mind straight for even a second.

"Feel bad about what?" Taehyung tried hard to avert his gaze from Jungkook's swollen lips. And failed miserably when he found himself swept down another kiss to that very said lips.

And Jungkook couldn't help but smiled to the kiss, "Don't you feel bad when you realize that your father is in the hospital now, and you are here, on the couch, making out with your best friend?" Jungkook murmured breathlessly when they pulled apart.

And suddenly Taehyung was standing on his feet with pissed off looking face, "I thought you were agree to stop being my best friend."

"Wait, wha… that's not the point hyung." Jungkook whined while Taehyung still staring at him with disapproving looks.

"Well for me it is, I thought I clearly see you nodding your head when I ask you to stop being my best friend," Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but it looked like Taehyung hadn't finished talking, "That's the reason why I kiss you so eagerly."

Jungkook stared at Taehyung in disbelief, because Taehyung was so stupid and Jungkook didn't know why he still crazy in love with this guy, "Hyung, it's true I nodded before but what I'm trying to say is your da…"

"Oh my God, you actually don't like me that way, aren't you?" Now panic and hurt sprawled all over Taehyung face, and Jungkook is started to get irritated "You're just too kind to be able to reject me."

"Listen Kim Taehyung, stop talking nonsense! You know I've been crushing on you since I was ing thirteen, so shut up because I definitely ing like you in the same way you do!"

"Really?"

"Really what?"

"You have a crush on me since you were thirteen?" Taehyung asked with a surprised expression, but when he saw Jungkook's face suddenly turned scarlet red he couldn't hold himself to draw a smirk on his face. "Why didn't you tell me, kookie?"

Jungkook looked up to see that Taehyung was grinning like an idiot he is, "Shut up hyung, I don't even wanna talk to you anymore." Jungkook averted his gaze to anywhere but Taehyung, arms crossed in front of his chest, and trying hard mustering an annoyed look on his face while in reality he was just embarrassed.

"Kookie, kookie, kookie, why are you so cute?" It was all Jungkook heard before he was pulled to stand on his feet and into a crushing hug.

"I don't know exactly since when I started to like you in non-friend kind of way but as for now, I'm one hundred percent sure that I don't want to be your best friend anymore." Taehyung murmured on the top of Jungkook's head while the younger boy cheek was pressed against Taehyung's chest he could clearly hear a soft beat of the older heart.

"And don't worry, my dad is hospitalized just because he's pooping too much, the probability he died from embarrassment is much higher than be killed by his illness." Taehyung pulled away from the hug and chuckled at how red Jungkook's face was. He took the younger right hand, entwining their fingers together before saying, "Let's go somewhere else."

And Jungkook just went along with whatever that was on Taehyung's mind because his heart was beating super fast again his ribcage, his face was burning he was sure it was already as red as a monkey , and his braind refused to regain its ability to think straight after Taehyung's straight and shameless confession. So Jungkook just let him self being lead by Taehyung to a place he didn't even bother to know where.

Oh, if only Jungkook knew what place Taehyung had on his mind. Yeah, if only Jungkook knew.


 

A/N: I'm sorry for the late, short, and crappy update, my phone's batery is nearly out (x_x)