Of Ramen and First Crush

A Thousand Firsts

“I’m sure it’s a violation of human right. I swear I’ll make them go to jail for this, really.” Taehyung was in Jungkook’s kitchen, head rested on the table and still busy mourned over the fact that he was banned from entering his own kitchen.

Jungkook chuckled from across the room, still busy making ramen for the mourning boy. “Actually hyung, it’s not. Your parents just prevent you from destroying your newly repaired kitchen. And the fact that you’re the one that nearly burnt down the whole kitchen is not helping at all.” He continued to stir the ramen, “Besides, you don’t really belong in the kitchen, you know.”

Jungkook could hear a loud gasp came out from Taehyung’s mouth but he didn’t turn around and kept stirring the noodle. “It is, Jungkook. What side are you on, really? I thought you were on my side.”  Jungkook could hear the sound of a chair being pushed back and Taehyung’s footstep that got closer to him, “And what kind of bull is that? For your information Jungkook-ah, everybody, I repeat, everybody are belong to the kitchen, because kitchen has food.”

By the time Taehyung finished his so called inspirational speech, Jungkook could feel Taehyung’s breathe fanning his neck as the older boy rested his chin on Jungkook’s shoulder with hands casually snaking around Jungkook’s slender waist. Most people might think after befriending Taehyung for almost seven years would make Jungkook got used to this side of Taehyung.

Well then, most people were wrong because Jungkook would never get used to it. Jungkook would never get accustomed to Taehyung’s clingy side; the side where Taehyung liked to touch and did some kind of skinship with him. He didn’t know why, maybe it was because every time Taehyung did the touchy act Jungkook would feel slightly uncomfortable. Well, actually the effect of Taehyung’s touch on him that made Jungkook uncomfortable. Like making the inside of Jungkook’s stomach churned uncontrollably and then his limps would do the sloppy things that Jungkook never did if Taehyung wasn’t so close like that.

So, considering Jungkook was in front of the blazing stove, there would be a big accident happened if he didn’t free him self from Taehyung’s hold as soon as possible. “Hyung, what are you doing?”

“Hmm? I’m hungry Jungkook. Can you speed up the cooking?” Taehyung murmured on his shoulder unconsciously sending shivers down Jungkook’s spine. Seriously, Jungkook was too young to feel shivers on his spine, that damn Kim Taehyung.

“Then you should stop hugging me. I don’t want to burn down my kitchen like you do to yours.”

“Pssh, I can’t see any relation between me hugging you and burning down your kitchen.” Jungkook couldn’t help releasing a sigh of relief when Taehyung broke his hug and moved to Jungkook’s right side. “Then, can I help you with something? I’m starving and I need you to hurry up.”

Jungkook stopped stirring the noodle, turned his head to the right and glared to the older boy. “Seriously hyung, tell me what part of ‘I don’t want to burn down my kitchen’ that you don’t understand?”

“Pssh, you’re such a meanie Jungkook-ah.” Taehyung got back to his original position and tried to hold his starving stomach from rumbling. “I guess we just have to stick to our natural role. The husband indeed just has to wait on the table while his wife is preparing the meals for him.”

Jungkook just finished cooking the ramen when he heard Taehyung mumbling something that caught his attention. Jungkook turned his body to Taehyung’s direction, “Are you just saying that I’m the wife?” Taehyung nodded, “Listen hyung, if I were going to go gay, I would make sure that I’ll be the husband not the other way around.”

“But Jungkook, I’m manlier than you.”

“It doesn’t matter who’s manlier than whom, I’m going to be the husband.” Jungkook was holding the pot containing ramen for Taehyung, “Besides, who said that I’m going to marry you. It could be Jimin hyung or Yoongi hyung, or anybody.”

“No, no, no. I’m the only person that can turn you into gay. No one else can, except me. So of course you’re going to marry me and you’ll be the wi…”

“Stop hyung! If you’re saying something about me being a wife, I’ll make sure this ramen will go straight to the sink.”

“No! I’ll be the wife Jungkook, oh my God.” Jungkook was amused by how fast Taehyung sprinted towards the ramen on Jungkook’s hand. “How could you do that cruel thing to this innocent food?”

Taehyung took over the pot on Jungkook’s hand and brought it to the table. “Come on Jungkook, let’s eat!”

Honestly, Jungkook has no problem to be the wife if he was going to marry a guy someday. The problem was the fact that Jungkook gladly accepted Taehyung’s idea of him and Jungkook getting married without so much hesitation. It wasn’t normal for him being a thirteen years old boy and had been thinking about marriage and it was a gay marriage to be exact. Oh God, Jungkook sworn he was too young to be confused about his preference.

“Yah Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook train of thought was cut off by Taehyung’s voice. “I said are you not going to eat?”

Jungkook blinked his eyes a few times, was it just him or Taehyung’s blank expression suddenly become kinda cute. Oh . . . . .

“Jungkook, are you okay?” Jungkook stared at Taehyung once again.

!

Suddenly Jungkook’s mouth was full with noodles that were shoved by Taehyung. “You should eat more, you know. You can’t blame me for calling you my wife if your waist is as slim as Go Hara’s.” and then Taehyung smiled. Oh boy, did Jungkook just see a light from the corner of Taehyung’s lips?

“Oh God, look how ridiculous your face are.” Taehyung wiped Jungkook’s mouth from the right to the left corner of his lower lips. God, since when was Taehyung become this touchy? And since when was Jungkook bothered by it? Not to mention the sudden heat that attacked his face and the flopping that just happened in his stomach.

. . . . Jungkook stared at Taehyung for the last time and saw him staring back at Jungkook’s eyes while chuckled, the corner of his eyes crinkled and Jungkook swore he saw something sparkling in Taehyung’s eyes.

Jungkook abruptly stopped the staring battles between him and Taehyung then turned his gaze to the table as he tried to calm down the raging red on his cheeks. And when he heard Taehyung chuckled again from across the table, Jungkook had no choice but to admit it even just to him self.

He had to admit that he, Jeon Jungkook, was having a crush on his best friend. Yeah his first crush was happened to be none other than Kim freakin’ Taehyung.

 


Author's Note: Sorry for the late update >.<