Twenty - Four

My Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad?" You croaked out as your throat felt immensely dry.

"Eun Kyung," he acknowledged before sitting on the large arm chair before you, "My apologies for manhandling you. I believe you're pretty startled by the entire situation. If I didn't do that, I doubt you'll listen to a word I say."

"You don't say."

Your father gave you a sharp look as you tugged your swollen wrist. At least, you weren't kidnapped by the Queen's men.

"You were already in their hands," your father spoke with such a grave look on his face you nearly gasped as you noticed how much he have aged over the past few days.

"What?" You gulped. In their hands? Whose?

"What I meant is that, the Queen has already gotten hold of you. One way or another. You just haven't realised it yet." Her father explained and her heart pace quickened.

Yes, you knew the Queen would be after you after such irresponsible behaviour of yours. Never would you have realised the gravity of such irresponsible act such that you were already deemed guilty enough to be apprehended.

Speechless with your new found discovery, you couldn't help but utter a single, "Oh."

"Yeah, I just haven't found out her true motive. Instead of just tying you up, preventing you from disobeying her further, she's actually watching you. With the help of someone. For sure."

"Why?"

"I don't know, my dear."

You visibly flinched at your father's endearment. He has never talked to you in such a sweet voice since your mother left you. Your true mother.

Even when he found a replacement, he had never took up the role of the loving father. Such memories of a loving father was so rare that it rendered you speechless, uncomfortable even.

"Dad, why?"

"I already told you-..."

You held out your hand to quieten your father. You sighed before explaining yourself, "Why are you changing?"

Confusion was written all over his face before he finally realised what you were asking.

"I'm sorry for not being the father you should have since the beginning. I was selfishly concerned about my career and I paid no heed to your worries or your upbringing. When Lisa stepped into my life just when your mother left me, I found comfort. I know you never liked Lisa and I'm sorry for being so selfish in my choices. I should've asked you. I know."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter