Sixteen

My Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, you shifted your position on the couch, trying to get some sleep but it was already two in the morning and Jungkook wasn't back. He really left because you were intruding. Was it something you did? Why was he avoiding you like that? And it disturbed you that he just confirmed it in your face that this relationship is over. Your lips trembled as tears threatened to fall.

At that moment, you heard the sound of keys jingling outside and you quickly wiped away any tears that managed to escape your eyes and closed your eyes. 

The door opened and then you heard a sigh before the sound of the door being closed was heard. It was a very soft nice, as if the person was trying not to make noise. You had an urge to smile when you knew it was probably Jungkook and he was trying to be considerate.

And that's when you were proven wrong. He threw his keys on the coffee table, making a loud noise and you tried your best not to jump at that sudden movement. You wondered why he hadn't bothered to switch on the lights since it was probably pitch black.

You opened your mouth to let out small breathing noises to make your act more convincing and it seem to work when Jungkook's presence seems to be far away. You opened one eye to see where he was, when you saw his back facing you. You quickly shut your eyes in fear that he'll figure out.

That's when you felt him walk closer.

*. Did he notice?* You wanted to slap yourself for even pretending from the beginning. What can go wrong if he sees you awake at two? He'll probably ignore you and walk off.

Then you heard another sigh as you felt a pair of hands that slipped beneath your back and your legs. You stiffened but tried to relax when he carried you like a bridal style.

"Silly girl," you heard him say as he carried you towards his room and gently, he placed you down on his bed. Then, he took the blanket to cover you up and your tears nearly trickled down again. You didn't even know why, but you felt super emotional.

One moment, he acted as if he didn't care. And the next moment, he carried you to his bedroom so that you could have a more comfortable sleep.

You felt his warm hands on your cheek and you snuggled closer to it. You heard a faint chuckle before he wiped away some of the tears that fell, "Don't cry in your sleep... Strong women should never cry."

Okay, that did it. You were so close to bursting into tears when Jungkook went out and closed the door behind him. He just said strong women should never cry. And that was what he always told you when you felt depressed, or when he caught you crying.

He still cared, somewhere, deep inside, he still cared. And your tears continued to trickle down at that thought.

---

You woke up with puffy eyes and you groaned at the pain of not being able to open your eyes properly. You looked at the clock before sighing, "It's eight and I slept for six hours."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter