Twenty-One

My Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They said, when everything seems smooth sailing, it's always just the calm before the storm. No one has it easy. I never believed their words but then and there, something always has to ruin the picture, something. Something will always hit you when you're at your happiest, they never... They... They'll never let anyone stay happy."

---
You stared at your phone and for some reason, the fact that your phone ceased to receive any form of threatening messages to get you to go back was somewhat calming. It seemed way too nice that they were letting this issue off.

Maybe your parents decided to give you some freedom and perhaps the Queen decides to be more lenient with your irresponsible act. 

You tugged Jungkook's arm and you muttered, "Something isn't right.."

Jungkook opened one eye and looked at how your head was positioned on his shoulders.

"What isn't right?"

Jungkook played with your fingers and you whispered, "No... I just feel that.."

"Eun Kyung ah, isn't this all we've wanted? Everything is right, perfect, the best anyone could've ever expected gaining out of this complicated issue."

You gulped before shifting your attention to Jungkook's dark orbs, "It's not that... I just feel that we're somewhat running away from everything. We're not being responsible and trust me, I'm done being responsible. But... It feels that there should be repercussions for our irresponsible act. I mean, yes, we got threatened for a week or two but now it's too calm."

"You worry too much."

"Jungkook..."

"I like the way it is, Eun Kyung. And I don't want to question what's given. We should be grateful instead of asking for more. The world isn't going to reaffirm us so that we can live on peacefully. We just make do with what we have."

Jungkook was right, evidently.

However, something tugged in your heart. Blame it on women's never-failing instincts. 

*It's the calm before the storm.*

---

"You've got to be kidding me. What the heck is the Queen up to?" She twirled her long strand of hair around her finger before puffing out her cheeks. 

She is a beauty, ranging from classy to y, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter